• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansan vs [Another State] all-time Super Bowlers: Dig the Concept?

Started by edemire, February 06, 2016, 09:25:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

edemire

We all know the state of Texas produces some great football players, and that the DFW and the Houston metro areas are at the top of its talent rich areas. I thought it would be interesting to compare those areas' high school alumni-turned-NFL players in how they performed all previous 49 Super Bowls.

I did a lot of work going through the roster of all Super Bowl teams and gathering stats, and an end result is this:
http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/houston-vs-dallas-how-super-bowl-performers-stack-up-8003278

I'm guessing most of you don't care about Texas born players, I want to ask you all if you like this overall concept: Comparing the prep players of one area vs. another area's prep players around a certain event. Would you want to see a breakdown comparison of all Arkansas natives' Super Bowl performances vs, say, all Missouri or Tennessee natives? I have those numbers, too.

Of course, Arkansas may lag behind bigger states in total stats because its sheer number of NFL players are fewer, but I can always focus on averages and per capita comparison to help level the field.

Okieback

Sure why not, something to talk about in the offseason while waiting on the draft

adaptedtigerfan

I think I need your job..   Sounds like you have plenty of extra time.

bleudog

I don't know the details, but seven starting SB quarterbacks were born in Louisiana:

David Woodley - Shreveport
Stan Humphries - Shreveport
Jake Delhomme - Breaux Bridge
Dough Williams - Zachary
Terry Bradshaw - Shreveport
Eli Manning - New Orleans
Peyton Manning - New Orleans

The last four on that list have at least one Super Bowl MVP apiece.

Pokey03

Quote from: bleudog on February 08, 2016, 11:29:44 am
I don't know the details, but seven starting SB quarterbacks were born in Louisiana:

David Woodley - Shreveport
Stan Humphries - Shreveport
Jake Delhomme - Breaux Bridge
Dough Williams - Zachary
Terry Bradshaw - Shreveport
Eli Manning - New Orleans
Peyton Manning - New Orleans

The last four on that list have at least one Super Bowl MVP apiece.
wow, interesting didn't know that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas