• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dead Period Elections(Closed for the season)

Started by WPWells, June 22, 2015, 06:43:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Longfellow

Y'all should definitely watch Django Unchained. Might be my favorite movie. Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece as well. I can quote the whole first scene, when he does the whole "Say what again!" thing. Reservoir Dogs is really good too

HorseFeathers

I've seen django...and don't remember it as a movie I would have wanted to watch again....hmmm...might have to see if it's still on netflix

Lineman

I went & played 18 holes at Wolf Ridge in Poteau, Ok this morning. What are some good courses everyone else has played?

Longfellow

Fox Run Golf Course in Webster, Wisconsin. First course I ever played. My uncle has a cabin there and we would get up at 6:30 everyday and go play. It's only like $10 for 18 holes. Cold adult beverages are reasonably priced as well (I can't drink though). It's near a lake so mosquitos are bad in the summer

AT

Reservoir Dogs is one of Tarantino's first movies (might be his first?). It's a good one. On Netflix now.

QT and I share a birthday. Only know this because of this booklet that had "What famous people share your birthday?!" and he was on it.

Mariah Carey and Fergie share my birthday, too.

Longfellow

Reservoir Dogs is his first major film. The cast was perfect. Harvey Keitel and Michael Madsen are great

I share my birthday with Amelia Earhart, Simon Bolivar, Barry Bonds, and Karl Malone

WPWells

Quote from: Almatrackster on June 25, 2016, 06:15:19 pm
Reservoir Dogs is one of Tarantino's first movies (might be his first?). It's a good one. On Netflix now.

QT and I share a birthday. Only know this because of this booklet that had "What famous people share your birthday?!" and he was on it.

Mariah Carey and Fergie share my birthday, too.

Hiked at Alma today. Real nice trail y'all have

WPWells

Croatia is upset by Portugal 1-0 in extra time

Arizona advances to the final series with a win over Oklahoma State

Clara Allen

Hey you guys!   I just got back from the beach and fresh from Coaches clinic.  Two weeks of nothing in this thread.  Im so ready for mindless chatter and banana pudding!!!

WPWells

Hey Warriors! Glad to have you! I still have dreams about your banana pudding

WPWells

Coastal appears to be well on their way to the CWS championships to face Zona. Also, the USMNT looked ugly tonight

Longfellow

I was helping a family member move all day and didn't have the displeasure to watch tonight's match. Disappointed to say the least. On the bright side, we could be at the end of the rope for Klinsmann

BigLion10

WPWells

Clara Allen

Better late than never fellas! When the waves call you, you RUN!!!
Been sports anonymous for a bit.  Hasn't been a Red Sox game on TV and CWS is boring to me.  The only NBA Finals I watched was last Sunday and it was only the last four minutes.
i did receive my state champion ring last week tho for my pole vaulter.  So Lamar DID have a State Champion this year, even if it was for track and it was a girl....
But I digress... On my trip to and from the beach since I was alone, I was able to indulge my whims and take off trips.  I drove the 1962 March from Selma to Montgomery, visited the Tuskegee Airfield, went to Historic Camden, SC and the Revolutionary battlefield, visited Cowpens, SC, another Revolutionary battlefield- if you are familiar with the Mel Gibson movie The Patriot, the Battle of Cowpens is the final battle in the movie.  Good stuff right there.  Then my last side trip before I hit Arkansas was Shiloh Battlefield in Tennessee.  It was surreal.   OOOOPS! Sorry!   The history teacher popped out....

WPWells

That's so wonderful. One of my goals is to visit all the National Park Service sites, so I've been to all the places you mentioned.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 25, 2016, 03:10:53 pm
Only one I've seen is Pulp Fiction. Not bad

That movie was too disjointed for me to enjoy.

BigLion10

Saw central intelligence with the rock and Kevin hart in it last night it was pretty good. Going to see Tarzan next weekend

WPWells

I have two Disney movies this year I haven't seen yet - The Jungle Book and Through the Looking Glass

BigLion10

Haven't seen the Alice movie yet either need too. One I'm looking forward to is beuty and the beast next year

WPWells

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 26, 2016, 01:06:36 pm
Haven't seen the Alice movie yet either need too. One I'm looking forward to is beuty and the beast next year

Emma Watson 😍😍😍😍

BigLion10

WPWells

Clara Allen

Personally I'm looking forward to Free State of Jones....

Clara Allen

I'm also exploring new music.  To me anyway.  I have been listening to the musical styles of Jason Isbell and John Hiatt.  A friend told me I need to see Jason in concert, so this is my next mission...

WPWells

Copa final starts now! If chile wins then I take $130

Lineman

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on June 26, 2016, 05:51:14 pm
Personally I'm looking forward to Free State of Jones....
I would like to see that one.

HorseFeathers

BigLion10

Penalty Kicks in the Copa Finals!!! Yes Yes Yes

Longfellow

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 26, 2016, 08:58:31 pm
what series should I watch on Netflix?
House of Cards, Supernatural, Breaking Bad, Friday Night Lights, Trailer Park Boys. Just throw those names in a bag and pick one. You won't be disappointed

WPWells

Clara Allen

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on June 26, 2016, 10:00:03 pm
House of Cards, Supernatural, Breaking Bad, Friday Night Lights, Trailer Park Boys. Just throw those names in a bag and pick one. You won't be disappointed

already watched house of cards, halfway through breaking bad (with the wife though)....may check out one of the other 3...

and i watch friends off and on when I'm bored and for Jennifer aniston...

Lineman

Some of us watched Friends the 1st time it was on.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lineman on June 27, 2016, 09:01:31 pm
Some of us watched Friends the 1st time it was on.

some of us are showing their age 8)

1-Adam-12

WPWells

WPWells

In other news, my team had a really rough night at trivia night. Pub trivia skews heavily pop culture, and I'm significantly better at academic trivia

Clara Allen

I am at a loss with the death of Coach Summitt.  My daughters hero when she was a kid.  I even hauled her to Knoxville for camp at UT so she could meet her.  She was an inspiration to basketball players everywhere.  My daughter is grown now but her memories of that Tennessee camp are still with her.  So sad 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on June 28, 2016, 07:22:33 am
I am at a loss with the death of Coach Summitt.  My daughters hero when she was a kid.  I even hauled her to Knoxville for camp at UT so she could meet her.  She was an inspiration to basketball players everywhere.  My daughter is grown now but her memories of that Tennessee camp are still with her.  So sad 
she was a great coach and seemed to be a great person.

Clara Allen

June 28, 2016, 10:31:35 am #3340 Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 06:20:43 pm by warriorsforever2
My daughter has read and retread both her books.  The books Raise The Roof and Reaching The Summitt are more than about basketball.  They are about life.  Excellent reads. 

Lineman

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 27, 2016, 09:10:43 pm
some of us are showing their age 8)
And it's about to get 1 digit higher on the 22nd.

BigLion10

Rest in Peace Pat!! One of the greats in coaching period

Longfellow

How bout that goal from Lewandowski! That dude can play

WPWells

Clara Allen

So Michael Phelps has made it back for his fifth Olympics.  I can sleep now....
In other news, I can't wait to see how some of the Razorback track people do in the Trials.
IS anyone else waiting for the Olympics to start.  Summer is boring the crap out of me.

But I did get a new book today-
"A Children's Illustrated History of Presidential Assassinations"  by Bryan Young
No really...

Longfellow

I'm way more excited for the olympics than I should be

That's an interesting choice of literature

HorseFeathers

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on June 30, 2016, 05:59:11 pm
So Michael Phelps has made it back for his fifth Olympics.  I can sleep now....
In other news, I can't wait to see how some of the Razorback track people do in the Trials.
IS anyone else waiting for the Olympics to start.  Summer is boring the crap out of me.

But I did get a new book today-
"A Children's Illustrated History of Presidential Assassinations"  by Bryan Young
No really...

illustrated assasinations for children.....wow

Clara Allen

Sounds gruesome, yeah?   I listened to a podcast interview with the author.  It is really pretty interesting and it was his nine year old who actually illustrated the book and who actually inspired the book after the author had taken a trip to Ford's Theater

WPWells

Clive Pullen, a triple jumper from Arkansas, qualified for Jamaica

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas