• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Rivalry in 2A football???

Started by MSHS FAn, August 14, 2013, 11:26:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MSHS FAn

What's the best rivalry in 2A football. I know many will say Bearden vs Junction City or Maybe Mineral Springs vs Dierks. What do you think??

BigLion10

Hazen vs Carlisle is a really big one the highway 70 smackdown

BrianfromCarlisle

Carlisle v Hazen.   Towns shut down.   It will be SRO at Hazen this year with people in the parking lot watching.

Jacketman65

Has to be Hazen vs Carlisle, is usually a slug-fest

bdubyab60

EPC vs. MT. Had to call it off for a few years because it got so bad. No matter how bad or how good the teams are teh stands are always full.

Dragon I

I wouldn't say JC/Bearden.  That rivalry just started.  It's good, but still building. 

Lions84

Clarendon vs Brinkley the Battle for the Judges Cup and County Pride. Personally this is mine
State wide
JC vs Bearden, Carlisle vs Hazen,  DA vs Barton, Rison vs Fordyce.

HogWildBison2011

Easy... I put in a vacation day to go see the Hazen vs Carlisle game... I dont know many people who would do that!!!

bdubyab60

I dont even bother with vacation I just take off.

cuz

Quote from: Dragon I on August 15, 2013, 08:40:13 am
I wouldn't say JC/Bearden.  That rivalry just started.  It's good, but still building.
JC and Bearden is a great one and has become classic the last few years. Junction and Rison was starting to work into a good one before they moved up but the oldest for JC was Strong. One game Strong fans tore down the fence on their side and the stands cleared in a all out brawl at mid field. For a few years after that they didn't play each other..........

big E

We consolidated with our big rival at Palestine,if you cant beat em take em over.

good times

McCrory and Augusta had a rivalry that got out of hand at times but has calmed down allot in the last 10 years or so.

MR#1

If history is important for a rivalry, then Rison vs Fordyce is at the top or very near the top (though Fordyce is a AAA team).

Nice topic.

HorseFeathers

Is mineral springs-Dierks still a big rivalry? or was that mainly on here, remember paraloma and some others used to go at it with some Dierks posters..

MSHS FAn

Quote from: HF on August 17, 2013, 09:47:59 pm
Is mineral springs-Dierks still a big rivalry? or was that mainly on here, remember paraloma and some others used to go at it with some Dierks posters..

As far as still playing yea. We take it seriousky but for the players there is not really a hatred there!! Some talk on a daily basis

hawgfan15

Quote from: MSHS FAn on August 17, 2013, 09:56:33 pm
Quote from: HF on August 17, 2013, 09:47:59 pm

As far as still playing yea. We take it seriousky but for the players there is not really a hatred there!! Some talk on a daily basis

It isn't like it once was but when both teams are good and playing for a chamionship this rivalry is as good as there is.

Doc Holiday

Hazen vs. Carlisle hands down. I'll be there..hopefully this year.

MTINDIANFAN

Quote from: bdubyab60 on August 15, 2013, 08:25:58 am
EPC vs. MT. Had to call it off for a few years because it got so bad. No matter how bad or how good the teams are teh stands are always full.
I think just the two towns realize just how big this is. But I will say this, at least y'all haven't charged the sidelines and attacked us like Earle did a few years ago. Whom ever their coach was at the time, I hope he never finds another job coaching.

Bearden_Bear72

Bearden Rivalry is just starting to get serious, but bearden and Camden harmony grove has been going on since I can remember .  Def bigger then JC, at least to players

Lions84

Quote from: big E on August 16, 2013, 07:10:35 am
We consolidated with our big rival at Palestine,if you cant beat em take em over.

I remember coming to some of those games when we had a off week. Ya'll hit each other harder in those games than you did anybody else.

iliveformarch

Mountainburg & Cedarville is a great rivalry between 2 teams with no tradition.... Too many unathletic rednecks though involved.

cuz

the game

September 04, 2013, 08:59:13 pm #22 Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:51:19 am by the game
Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on August 21, 2013, 09:59:30 am
Bearden Rivalry is just starting to get serious, but bearden and Camden harmony grove has been going on since I can remember .  Def bigger then JC, at least to players
It's always been so , and now even more so with Sparkman playing with the Grovers  :P

razorbackrob

Carlisle vs. Hazen, but how can it be a rivalry when Hazen has only won 5 out of the last 25 games.  Last years game was the first time that Hazen has won at Carlisle in 20 years.  (These are not the exact stats, but pretty close)

cav2012

Hazen won in Carlisle in 06ish I believe. I just hope Carlisle likes the loss they get again this year

cav2012

Hazen has won in 04, 05, 09, 12 and this is just recent years. And of course this year if you want to get technical

BrianfromCarlisle

Technically, this years game hasn't been played.  So, technically, you can't claim a win.  But, technically, payback is......well, you know.   LOL.

Good luck tonight Purple Bees

razorbackrob

Fearless Friday has us winning the game in 2004. 

cav2012

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on September 05, 2013, 11:41:01 am
Technically, this years game hasn't been played.  So, technically, you can't claim a win.  But, technically, payback is......well, you know.   LOL.

Good luck tonight Purple Bees
Shouldn't you be worried about hoxies defense?  ;D

We appreciate it though, its been a rough week for hazen

cav2012

Quote from: razorbackrob on September 05, 2013, 11:49:50 am
I'm pretty sure it was 04. The miracle hail Mary game? 28-23?

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: razorbackrob on September 05, 2013, 11:49:50 am

Actually Rob Zombie, Fearless has it correct.  04, 05, 09, and 12 were all Hazen wins  04 was the first time since the invention of the wheel that Hazen won at Carlisle.

LOL

BrianfromCarlisle

September 05, 2013, 12:18:47 pm #31 Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:20:18 pm by BrianfromCarlisle
Man, I'm ready for football! 

razorbackrob

I looked on the Hazen page and it says 05 09 12.  Carlisle page says the same, but it doesn't matter.  In the 90's Carlisle was a beast, and I doubt that Hazen beat them then.  Hazen didn't start beating Carlisle until Devalls Bluff students arrived, they needed help to beat Carlisle. 

the game

September 05, 2013, 12:56:30 pm #33 Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 01:01:52 pm by the game
     Hazen beat Carlisle for the first time since 1989 in 2004 by the score of 28-23 ...   FF has that one wrong ...

razorbackrob

Quote from: the game on September 05, 2013, 12:56:30 pm
     Hazen beat Carlisle for the first time since 1989 in 2004 by the score of 28-23 ...   FF has that one wrong ...
So Hazen has beat Carlisle 4 times in 23 years......Wow.  Now that's a rivalry.   GO BISON!

cuz

Quote from: razorbackckrob on September 05, 2013, 01:09:21 pm
Quote from: the game on September 05, 2013, 12:56:30 pm
So Hazen has beat Carlisle 4 times in 23 years......Wow.  Now that's a rivalry.   GO BISON!
It's not about who won the most newb........ :o
ri·val·ry  (rvl-r)
n. pl. ri·val·ries
1.  The act of competing or emulating.

2.  The state or condition of being a rival...

BrianfromCarlisle

I see the mistake Rob.  I saw it on here correct somewhere.  At any rate.  It's become more of a rivalry since 2004.  Before then it was just Carlisle curb stomping Hazen

cav2012

BrianfromCarlisle

Jaybo

Mineral Springs and Murfreesboro use to be a pretty big one for several years. Dierks and Mineral Springs have that Howard County Cup trophy thing going on now.

godgiven999

Gurdon vs Mineral Springs is usually a good one but with Bearden and Gurdon playing 2 classics last season and another game this year,I would like this game to become a rivalry!  :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas