• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hot Springs vs DeQueen

Started by Jdhelbig, March 16, 2017, 11:53:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdhelbig

March 16, 2017, 11:53:01 am Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:05:18 am by sevenof400
According to the boys rankings on Maxpreps, the #1 team in the state (#22 in the country) Hot Springs, takes on the #22 team in the state DeQueen tonight. This match-up has grown into a rivalry in the 5A Boys South the last couple of years and recently had some amazing games played between the two. It looks like another one is in store for tonight in Hot Springs at 7 p.m.

I believe DeQueen has a great chance to upset Hot Springs tonight. I know, it's weird having DeQueen as an underdog to anyone in the 5A :o

Any other thoughts and/or predictions on this game?

Arbitro

Quote from: Jdhelbig on March 16, 2017, 11:53:01 am
According to the boys rankings on Maxpreps, the #1 team in the state (#22 in the country) Hot Springs, takes on the #22 team in the state DeQueen tonight. This match-up has grown into a rivalry in the 5A Boys South the last couple of years and recently had some amazing games played between the two. It looks like another one is in store for tonight in Hot Springs at 7 p.m.

I believe DeQueen has a great chance to upset Hot Springs tonight. I know, it's weird having DeQueen as an underdog to anyone in the 5A :o

Why did you cross post this in three threads?  Particularly this one. ???

Jdhelbig

Quote from: Arbitro on March 16, 2017, 01:34:33 pm
Why did you cross post this in three threads?  Particularly this one. ???

This forum is for discussion amongst fans/coaches/players throughout Arkansas correct?

Leopard

Quote from: Jdhelbig on March 16, 2017, 02:52:26 pm
This forum is for discussion amongst fans/coaches/players throughout Arkansas correct?

Correct, however, there is no need for you to post in multiple threads with the same word for word post.

sssuperpantherfan2

We all have the same enthusiasm for ours teams but we must respect others trying to post information on other threads.

pitchperfect

Quote from: Jdhelbig on March 16, 2017, 11:53:01 am

Does anyone really believe this team is the #22 team in the country? Good for Arkansas, but come on. There are probably at least 5 teams in St. Louis and 5 more in Kansas City that would dominate them.

Sir Alex

At least 5 in St. Louis? You don't know Missouri soccer very well, there are probably 30-50 that would completely dominate them.  Only problem is the boys play in the fall in Missouri so we will never know.

hogbert

No, it's as bogus as Greg Hatcher claiming his Bluebirds were nationally ranked...

pitchperfect

Quote from: Sir Alex on March 19, 2017, 09:22:38 pm
At least 5 in St. Louis? You don't know Missouri soccer very well, there are probably 30-50 that would completely dominate them.  Only problem is the boys play in the fall in Missouri so we will never know.

I was being kind. Certainly more than 5 but probably not quite 30-50. I had two kids that played High School and club soccer in the St. Louis area. Yeah,it's a different level of competition.

pitchperfect

Quote from: hogbert on March 19, 2017, 11:00:15 pm
No, it's as bogus as Greg Hatcher claiming his Bluebirds were nationally ranked...

Every team is ranked by GotSoccer. They may have a national rank of 1,053, but that's still a ranking. ;)

Sir Alex

Quote from: pitchperfect on March 21, 2017, 11:44:38 am
I was being kind. Certainly more than 5 but probably not quite 30-50. I had two kids that played High School and club soccer in the St. Louis area. Yeah,it's a different level of competition.

Which high school did they play for?

pitchperfect

Sir Alex

CBC, SLUH, Desmet, Webster Groves, Vianney, Rockwood Summit, Eureka, Lindbergh, John Burroughs, Trinity, St. Mary's, Whitfield, Oakville, Chaminade, Ft Zumwalt North, Parkway South, Ladue, Rolla, Glendale, Kickapoo, Rockhurst, etc etc We could go on depending on which year it was but all of them would roll over most every Arkansas team. It all boils down to they have been playing the game for a long time and the competitive development because of geographical location made financial sense. Arkansas is so spread out with its population and the lack of a large population of players makes it really tough to even compare to Missouri. Apples and oranges I suppose. 

pitchperfect

Well St. Louis and Arkansas both started playing soccer in the late 60's-early 70's. The difference is, it was the 1860's in St. Louis, not the 1960's. I was shocked to see 80 year old men badgering refs when I first moved to St. Louis. Even more shocking, they actually knew what they were talking about. Yes, they have a much larger player pool north of the border, but they also have a much better, deeper pool of trainers and coaches. That extends from the high schools and clubs all they way to the youth level. A youth coach in Missouri is much more likely to have played the game than a youth coach in Arkansas. Now I have seen some youth coaches in Arkansas that do a nice job on the tactical side. It's rare, but not unheard of. My daughter's old club just sent 70 boys and girls off to college with scholarships. That included 10 D-1 players off of one girl's team. It could have been higher, but a few chose not to play in college.

Sir Alex

You will see a lot more 2nd and 3rd generation players coming through Arkansas in the next 5-10 years. It will make a world of difference in the training of these players. You don't have to be a former player to coach but it sure helps if you learned the technical skills and understand how to teach them. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas