• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring Hill Head Coach job opening

Started by BigBob, April 11, 2018, 05:45:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBob

April 11, 2018, 05:45:08 pm Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 05:12:07 pm by BigBob
Heard from a few folks in south Hempstead county Matt McBride is leaving for a bigger school.

PapaHog

Where do they go from here? What's the move?

Eslim03

Be careful on the next hire because it can set you back many years.  My gators had lots  of chances thru out my time in foreman but blew most of them. We finally got a ball coach from yesteryear and see what happened. Yes talent dictates a lot in football but systems that coaches run with discipline and accountability work more than any x's and o's ever will. Administration can damper lots of dreams that make men out of a lot of young people.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Eslim03 on April 12, 2018, 02:57:21 am
Administration can damper lots of dreams that make men out of a lot of young people.
Yep.  We're living it over here right now. 

ak58

Is this confirmed or just hear-say?

PapaHog

BigBob

Foreman would be a great school to follow. Eslim, you are 110% correct about discipline and accountability. It has lacked for a while.  I think the SB and Sup know what has been missing and want to fix it.

bdubyab60

nsuqb10

ak58

Dang. He was a really nice guy. Wish him them best wherever he goes!

southarkdaddy

The Great One

old.dole

They wanting an offense emit defensive minded guy?

stuck in between

The Bears are gonna have to recruit,buy,beg, or borrow some speed to compete in this conference. When they have had speed they have been competitive. When they have not they have struggled. True, Ida isn't known for their blazing speed, but I don't think Spinghill does not have the physicality of the Lions. Good luck to you guys in your search. I hope you can find the guy that is the right fit.

BigBob

From my sources- they want a coach with some experience, philosophy wise I'm not exactly sure.  A few on the SB know what they want and what will work down there. Like you said, speed as always been a issue at Spring Hill. And it will continue to be just based of the demographics of the school. Physicality  and high football IQ should never be a problem in Spring Hill. I watched 3 of their games in the '17 season and and the physicality wasn't there. If you leaned on them long enough, they'd tuck tails and run back home.  There's no reason they shouldn't be one of the more physical teams year in and year out. They have good enough student athletes down there to be in the  3-5 team range in the conference each year. But they're  not really looking at X's and O's but more of what a coach can bring and help students with dicapline wise and accountablilty wise. If those aren't fixed, nothing else matters. A  coach like coach white from mt Ida would be a good fit. Maybe someone from his coaching tree imo.

BigBob

To add to this tho, coach McBride has done a lot to help my nephew become a better person and player. I, too, wish him the best!

ak58

They have a talented group of seniors coming back this season. I think the next couple of classes will be pretty rough tho. Low in numbers. It always comes in cycles,  especially in 2A.

PapaHog

What about the older assistant that was on staff this year? The one from Bearden. Think they would promote in house?

southarkdaddy

The head football coaching job is only 210 contract?  Good luck getting anybody any good.   Most assistant coaches are on 215 or 220

bdubyab60

ak58

YouKnowUno

Any names being thrown around for the job?

Jimbo Morphis

swarkball

That always seemed like a bad fit to me. Probably best they are parting ways.

YouKnowUno

Names of applicants? Quality guys or first-year heads?

BigBob

BigBob

Quote from: swarkball on April 16, 2018, 05:32:05 pm
That always seemed like a bad fit to me. Probably best they are parting ways.
I second that

ak58

Don't know any names. Not sure I will! I do remember that there were quite a few who applied the last time it came open so we could see that again.

BigBob

I need to make a call down there and get some names then 😁

swarkball

You are out of your mind if you think SpringHill will get a coach like White from Ida. Their best chance is hiring a young up and comer.

bluebear

The two guys they have running their youth football program run a tighter ship compared to high school program. They needed a change. Watched them vs. mountain pine and it was the saddest thing I've seen in a while. No  discipline, no heart. Whoever the coach is will have his work cut out for him.

bluebear

A young coach could work out. I think they made a good hire with the basketball coach for boys, tyler. He His investing his time with them when they are young and trying to build something. My son absolutely enjoys him as a coach and the pee wee guys he had in football this year.Both the Askew brothers, Hill, Kidd have helped out our younger players. I'd say there's some solid talent in elementary. If the coach sticks around to reap those players who knows. That may be why they are wanting to give out a shorter contract because they are scared no one will stick around.

YouKnowUno

A young coach is not a bad idea. One that has been around a discipline program and knows what it takes.

PapaHog

I think the shorter contract probably means that Athletic Director will not be tied to the job.

southarkdaddy

They posted a job for a head Jr High coach this morning.  Does that mean they promoted from within or have 2 spots open?

YouKnowUno

The head football coach for Sr high should be the head coach for Jr high. Head should have control of both teams. Consistency, between the two team will be key. The reason Ida has had a great program is Coach White even does pee wee work. He teaches youth coaches his offense so they learn it early. SH could do the same.

PapaHog

They have 2 spots open. Both coaches are leaving. The jr high coach is the baseball coach I believe.

old.dole

Is he going with McBride whoever he goes

YouKnowUno

When are interviews supposed to start for the head job? Surely they will get one before spring ball starts next month.

PapaHog

The Great One

Quote from: old.dole on April 18, 2018, 12:53:49 pm
Is he going with McBride whoever he goes
I don't think he is...I think he moved and it's too far to drive back and forth everyday.

YouKnowUno

I hope they don't drag their feet on hiring? Any of the other assistants want the job?

swarkball

Heard they had a board meeting tonight. Any news from it?

SAUAlum

I believe the Head Sr. High and Head Jr. High should be one position. Whoever they hire for the Head Sr. High position should at least be in charge of Jr. High until he gets his system installed. Then, the Jr. High Head Coaching Position should be turned into Head Baseball, Assistant Sr. High/Jr. High Football. I mean Baseball won a state championship last year and has the potential to win another this year and it seems as if Baseball is being put on the back burner.

that1guy2110

I think they should give Clark a shot. He has coached under some pretty successful coaches especially in that conference. Does he even want it though?

SAUAlum

I think Clark would be great! I've heard he is interested. Has a lot of experience and already knows the athletes/students and can get right to work since it would be an in-house hire. Give him Sr. High and Jr. High and then hire a Baseball/Assist. Football position.

PapaHog

Clark is a great guy, great coach, and a very smart man. I would be pulling for him to get the job. Only thing that scares me is that program needs some life and energy breathed into it. No doubt he can discipline and correct some of the problems.

old.dole

What if he brought in a couple young coaches full of p n vinegar to fill his spot and the head junior high spot?

YouKnowUno

I have heard some Alumni has applied for the job!

old.dole

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas