• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7th and 8th grade soccer Question

Started by ARSoccer25, November 09, 2018, 02:08:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ARSoccer25

Our school just started 7th and 8th grade soccer this year. Can students participate in soccer at school and still play on their club teams?

Or does the same rule that applies to 9-12 apply to 7-8?

AuburnTigers98

Unless AAA changed the rule this year, jr high soccer is considered a club sport. My kids played jr high soccer for their school in the spring and still played with their club team.

Arkiesoccer

Who do the jr high teams play?  Are there enough schools in your area of the state that also have jr high teams for them to play, if not, who do they play?

AuburnTigers98

Yes, there are other jr high teams in the area to play.

soccerman

I believe the rule is that if the school plays other schools, it would be a violation to play on both school and club team

ArkansasSportsFan

Junior high soccer isn't sanctioned by AAA

beach bum

This debate is why the USA will never be good at soccer internationally like European and South American nations.... It's sad honestly. We don't care enough about youth soccer. I hope that changes. Obviously, I am talking about men's. Women's is doing just fine  ;D

jjohn04x

ARSOCCER2017

Lakeside and Hot Springs now have 7th and 8th grade soccer. Episcopal, too. I'm sure there are others.

Arkiesoccer

MDXPHD

I've heard there's a Fall Jr. High league over in the Jonesboro area with Valley View, Jonesboro, Nettleton, etc participating. Not sure if it's still going on.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 14, 2019, 08:18:32 am
I've heard there's a Fall Jr. High league over in the Jonesboro area with Valley View, Jonesboro, Nettleton, etc participating. Not sure if it's still going on.

Yeah that's been a thing for awhile. I think it's changed a lot over the years but they've had unofficia/unsanctioned Junior High teams around for years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas