• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pine Bluff Jr. High undefeated season

Started by 2000ZEBRA, October 28, 2017, 08:51:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

2000ZEBRA

The ZEBRAS will be looking good for the next four years

OB11

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on October 28, 2017, 08:51:00 pm
The ZEBRAS will be looking good for the next four years

Does PB only have one Jr. High? I know Marion only has one. Jonesboro has 2. West Memphis has 3.

zebrafan

Quote from: OB11 on November 02, 2017, 09:06:13 am
Does PB only have one Jr. High? I know Marion only has one. Jonesboro has 2. West Memphis has 3.
Yes PB only has 1....Jack Robey (PB's JR High) was spilt into 2 teams before Bolding came (Robey South/Robey North)...They just recently moved the 9th grade to the high school about 3 years ago. Jack Robey is now 7th/8th graders I believe.

OB11

Quote from: zebrafan on November 14, 2017, 10:54:20 pm
Yes PB only has 1....Jack Robey (PB's JR High) was spilt into 2 teams before Bolding came (Robey South/Robey North)...They just recently moved the 9th grade to the high school about 3 years ago. Jack Robey is now 7th/8th graders I believe.

So let me ask you this...a lot of other 6A schools have multiple jr highs and there seems to be varying levels of success. Does having one jr high help or hurt the high school program? Obviously it is working out for PB. Other schools with only one (Marion for example, granted they seem to be on the upswing) have struggled the past few years.

zebrafan

Quote from: OB11 on November 15, 2017, 09:09:06 am
So let me ask you this...a lot of other 6A schools have multiple jr highs and there seems to be varying levels of success. Does having one jr high help or hurt the high school program? Obviously it is working out for PB. Other schools with only one (Marion for example, granted they seem to be on the upswing) have struggled the past few years.
I think it helps, I really like having the 9th grade at the high school they seem to get more work with coaches in the weight room/techniques and getting the feel of how Bolding runs practice at the high school.

zebradynasty

Pine Bluff having two Junior Highs didn't make sense anymore because our enrollment has dropped so much that we cannot support two. The results of having one has been very good. It also helps that Bolding is the AD and has complete control of the entire football program here. So the kids run some of the same schemes and plays all the way through grades 7-12.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas