• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, this new combined-conference proposal...

Started by JohnMarkTomayo, December 19, 2014, 02:46:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnMarkTomayo

...I know it passed and I know that 1A/2A, 3A/4A, and 5A/6A will apparently combine into regular season "conferences" for all sports except football starting in 2016-2018 cycle.  But has anyone heard how it is going to work?
IOW, how and when will conferences be determined, how will seeding be figured when it's time for each classification to begin post-season play against teams in only there true classification, etc., etc.?

ricepig

Quote from: JohnMarkTomayo on December 19, 2014, 02:46:02 pm
...I know it passed and I know that 1A/2A, 3A/4A, and 5A/6A will apparently combine into regular season "conferences" for all sports except football starting in 2016-2018 cycle.  But has anyone heard how it is going to work?
IOW, how and when will conferences be determined, how will seeding be figured when it's time for each classification to begin post-season play against teams in only there true classification, etc., etc.?

As far as who will be in what conference, I'm sure the AAA in their infinite wisdom will hash something out. I know in the larger conferences, the teams will play a conference tournament to set the seeding before the state tournament, kind of like they do in the smaller ones now.

beach bum

I would take a guess up in NW Arkansas the non football conference in 3A/4A will be Lincoln, Prairie Grove, Elkins, West Fork, Greenland, Gravette, Pea Ridge, Gentry, and Shiloh Christian(possibly Huntsville if they stay 4A next cycle)... My guess is they will have 9 or 10 team conferences with more teams podded together(3A and 4A combined is close to 100 schools) and now people won't have to travel as far. That's why I think it's a great idea. That puts all 9 of those teams within 45 minutes almost in NW Arkansas.

tmycjy

HEY WHY isn't 7-A not being combine PLEASE EXPLAIN

ricepig

Quote from: tmycjy on December 22, 2014, 06:38:07 pm

HEY WHY isn't 7-A not being combine PLEASE EXPLAIN

They didn't want to be.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas