• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Springdale boys

Started by JTthegreat16, December 13, 2014, 11:27:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JTthegreat16

Losing Drake Wymer, Tereke Eckwood, and DJ from last years team made me think that Springdale would struggle this year, and yet they seem to have figured out how to play with the talent they have...they killed Shiloh and just keep on winning games. Can someone explain to me how?

A-Good-One

Well, they're 4-5 and would be 3-6 save a 70-foot heave for a game-winner.

They still have their best player - and second-best player in 7A West - so that helps. A couple of role players chip in here and there, but they appear to be the No. 5 team in the West, which is about where most had them pegged.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: JTthegreat16 on December 13, 2014, 11:27:32 pm
Losing Drake Wymer, Tereke Eckwood, and DJ from last years team made me think that Springdale would struggle this year, and yet they seem to have figured out how to play with the talent they have...they killed Shiloh and just keep on winning games. Can someone explain to me how?
They have a very good coach. Takes what he has and gets the most out of them. He does things the right way.

JTthegreat16

Okay thank you. Hopefully I can make it to a game soon

Brian G

Beating Shiloh is not something to brag on.

ricepig

They get Jonesboro on Saturday in the Hoops Challenge, from what I hear.

jking7

Quote from: B.G. on December 14, 2014, 08:23:26 pm
Beating Shiloh is not something to brag on.

No its not... how bad did they beat them? Because I watched VB beat Shiloh by 43....

JTthegreat16

I know it was north of 30 points...

jking7

A wins a win. I was just curious thanks.

mom18

Where is the Hoops Challenge?

businesstron

It's at North Little Rock. 

They are probably doing okay despite the fact they've lost a lot from last year's team.  It doesn't help that they've play a strong schedule this year.  I read in the paper that Blue Springs tournament they were at this weekend had some good teams.   I know they also lost to Kickapoo and Lee's Summit (I think) in the Bulldog classic.  Kickapoo is supposed to be loaded this year and Lee's Summit is a pretty decent team themselves. 

They be competitive when conference play starts.  Like Dr Chim said they are pretty much locked into that number 5 spot in the 7a west. 

Brian G

DerekOxford

My predictions for how the 2014-15 7A-West will go:

1) Bentonville. When you have the best player in the conference, you should win the conference. I do think they will slip up and lose 2-3, but Monk will carry them to a league crown.

2) Fayetteville. So far, I've been very impressed with Fayetteville and the Dawgs are only going to get better as the season wears on once O'Grady gets into basketball mode as well as Wymer. Payton Willis is what Dick Vitale would call a PTper.

3) Northside. The Grizzlies are athletic as usual and have a great coach in Eric Burnett. That's a recipe for success. I don't think 42-point quarters will be the norm in conference play, but they'll put up points on lots of folks.

4) Har-Ber. This team is the most intriguing to me going into conference. They've added some talented pieces and are very good, but are they better than the top three teams I have listed? Can they play together?

5) Springdale. Chris Owens is clearly the second-best player in the conference, but he's not going to be able to do it by himself against the top teams in the conference. The key to their season is what they can get out of Treshawn Gause and Tyler Tutt and their other role players.

6) Heritage. Lexus Hobbs has been a nice addition to a team that went to the state tournament last season. They might surprise some people and jump into the fourth or fifth spot if some teams aren't careful.

7) Rogers High. Wayne Herren has done the best he could with the talent he has with the Mounties. Unfortunately, it won't be enough to earn a tourney bid.

8) Southside. Don't know much about the Rebs other than reports saying they aren't very good. So I put them here.

mom18

Quote from: ricepig on December 14, 2014, 08:39:04 pm
Is there a bracket somewhere?

ricepig

Quote from: mom18 on December 15, 2014, 03:50:29 pm
Quote from: ricepig on December 14, 2014, 08:39:04 pm
Is there a bracket somewhere?

Not that I've seen, I don't even know what time this game is. It was originally to be Jonesboro vs Bentonville, but they pulled out to go to Florida for a tournament. I'm sure the ADG will have something Saturday, haha.

SouthpawSensation

There is no bracket to the Hoops Challenge. Usually it's five or six games on that one day.

ricepig

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on December 15, 2014, 04:44:09 pm
There is no bracket to the Hoops Challenge. Usually it's five or six games on that one day.

Correct, I was referring more to the lineup of games.

Hoophawg

Thanks if anyone can post schedule

mom18

I saw somewhere that it starts at 10 am but haven't been able to find a schedule.

ricepig

Quote from: mom18 on December 19, 2014, 01:46:47 am
I saw somewhere that it starts at 10 am but haven't been able to find a schedule.

10:30 am - Morrilton vs. Monticello
12:00 am - Arkansas Baptist vs. El Dorado
1:30 pm - LR Christian vs. Pulaski Academy
3:00 pm - Jonesboro vs. Springdale
4:30 pm - North Little Rock vs. Van Buren
6:00 pm - LR Parkview vs. FS Northside

AT

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2014, 06:31:37 am

I like this because it lets Alma see how far behind Jonesboro they are right now in a very unscientific way.

ricepig

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 19, 2014, 10:41:33 pm

I like this because it lets Alma see how far behind Jonesboro they are right now in a very unscientific way.

Jonesboro won 58-34.

AT

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2014, 04:16:31 pm

Jonesboro won 58-34.

Good litmus test for sure. Although my green and gold glasses excuse is that Springdale played Jonesboro on the 2nd day of a back to back ;)

ricepig

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 20, 2014, 08:31:43 pm
Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2014, 04:16:31 pm

Jonesboro won 58-34.

Good litmus test for sure. Although my green and gold glasses excuse is that Springdale played Jonesboro on the 2nd day of a back to back ;)

I'm sure that factored in to it. Jonesboro hadn't played since last Saturday in Springfield.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas