• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas VS Texas.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, December 08, 2014, 10:41:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Winner.

Arkansas.
23 (79.3%)
Texas.
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Proud Buckaroo

True Fan

WPWells

cav2012

Lions84

Vegas opened at Hogs a +6 favorite.   I expect us to run over them like we did Texas Tech.

The Good Lord knows my hate for Burnt Orange runs deep and eternal like the White River.

Lionheart88

The cattle are better than TTech, but I still think the Hogs will win, maybe 10-14.

Proud Buckaroo

Where I work there is about 45-47 people total. I'd say over 75% of them at arkansas fans. About 23% are LSU. About 1.5% are other fans and then we have this one little .5% of Texas fans. Let's just say.... that week won't be pretty for him. LOL.

beach bum

December 09, 2014, 01:08:26 pm #7 Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:50:05 pm by beach bum
Looking through the Texas season they are very difficult to figure out... One week they look like maybe a 20-25 ranked team then the next they look pathetic.

AirWarren

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 09, 2014, 12:05:41 pm
Where I work there is about 45-47 people total. I'd say over 75% of them at arkansas fans. About 23% are LSU. About 1.5% are other fans and then we have this one little .5% of Texas fans. Let's just say.... that week won't be pretty for him. LOL.

I got a neighbor that always says, "we Texas fans know what to expect, winning seasons and bowl games. Can't say that for the razorbacks."

We will get to see how much money money that mouth is worth.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 09, 2014, 12:00:40 pm
The cattle are better than TTech, but I still think the Hogs will win, maybe 10-14.
To clarify, I mean the hogs will win by 10-14 points, not that the final score will be 14-10.

Proud Buckaroo

So. One of our diehard Hog fans, and the Texas fan I mentioned are at work together tonight... Lol. It got pretty deep, and loud. The Texas fan has five different bets with Arkansas fans that if Arkansas wins. He has to wear an Arkansas shirt for 5 days. lol. Same goes for if Texas wins. Each person has to wear a Texas shirt for a whole day.

WPWells

ricepig

I'd quit before wearing a putrid orange shirt........

Proud Buckaroo

It's hard to come by a 25 dollar an hour job around this town. I'd more than willing to wear the shirt one day... lol. But, Arkansas is going to win. So, no loss there. ha.

fastdrop

Texas by 10..... I know the horns are down and out but they do wear orange and the Hogs don't do good against orange.

Lionheart88

How often have we played a team that wears orange recently?  You're not basing that whole idea on the fact that Auburn has a little bit of orange on their jersey, are you?

fastdrop

Proud Buckaroo

Then elaborate who you're talking about.... ::)

fastdrop

I don't have to explain this to zebradynasty, RP, BG, Mack, etc.

Hopefully you will not have to experience it. But I am going with history.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on December 21, 2014, 09:04:49 am
I don't have to explain this to zebradynasty, RP, BG, Mack, etc.

Hopefully you will not have to experience it. But I am going with history.

Now, Valley has been telling us for two years, that history doesn't mean anything.....

Valleysports

What have you done for me lately Baby?   ;)

Texarkana_Piggie

where i live, i am constantly around shorthorn fans.  they have to be THE most obnoxious group of people on the face of the earth.  i hope arkansas wipes the field, the lockers, the stands, the concessions, the press box and the highway out of there with the shorthorns.  can't stand the eoe-a and the burnt orange scum. 

Breitontime

I often say that about Razor Pig fans, TP. Never accomplished much of anything in the SEC. Yet, from talking to some of the homers, best dang team on the planet, always.

Proud Buckaroo

Now, Now... You cannot disagree that this years Arkansas team was very talented.

WPWells

Unfortunately, they can and they will

Valleysports

I have several reasons for wanting the Hogs to wipe the field, highway, every thing Piggie said, with the Longhorns.  Hogs technically finished at the bottom of the SEC West (not a put down) - giving the Longhorn's a good whoopin, would show how much better the SEC is, than the Big 12.  I also have friends who are Longhorn Fans - I'd so love to see humbled.  It's also a great time to embarrass them in front of new recruits.     

ricepig

Quote from: Breitontime on December 21, 2014, 08:18:27 pm
I often say that about Razor Pig fans, TP. Never accomplished much of anything in the SEC. Yet, from talking to some of the homers, best dang team on the planet, always.

Yet, therein lies the difference, you said homers, with Texas fans, it's every one of them......

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: ricepig on December 22, 2014, 06:38:43 am
Quote from: Breitontime on December 21, 2014, 08:18:27 pm

Yet, therein lies the difference, you said homers, with Texas fans, it's every one of them......

that's it....and it's not just about the shorthorns...they are so arrogant and egotisitcal about any and everything associated with texas.  they think they are the center of the universe.  this goes way back to the old SWC days, too.  i'm old enough to remember a bunch of texas teams and arkansas.  there was no league loyalty.  i hated and still hate every single one of those texas teams we used to play every year. 

Valleysports

OK Piggie - don't over do it!

Uncle Ivan

They oughta wall Austin off and begin shelling it.

ricepig

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 22, 2014, 12:39:29 pm

Why waste a bunch of shells, one nuke will fix it.

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on December 22, 2014, 01:47:00 pm

See 12th man .... I am a kitten compared to want Hog fans want. LOL

Proud Buckaroo

Wow.. I'm an Arkansas fan! but this just got serious. lol.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on December 22, 2014, 06:46:36 pm
Quote from: ricepig on December 22, 2014, 01:47:00 pm

See 12th man .... I am a kitten compared to want Hog fans want. LOL

Austin as a town is pretty neat to visit, now Shorthorn fans are a different matter. Truthfully, most Texans are rather obnoxious, just like at Valley.....

Proud Buckaroo

Next time the Texas fan is talking about his team... I'll record it. lol. He gets pretty loud about his team!

ricepig

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 22, 2014, 08:51:03 pm
Next time the Texas fan is talking about his team... I'll record it. lol. He gets pretty loud about his team!

I sure it's nothing we haven't already heard before, lol.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Valleysports on December 22, 2014, 11:57:20 am
OK Piggie - don't over do it!

oh i'm not.  they truly think texas is the be all and end all of everything.  arrogant, obnoxious and egotistical are the nicest things i can say about 99% of texans. 

Breitontime

Austin is my 3rd favorite city.
NYC
Miami
Austin

Valleysports

What would be better - is if a couple of those Austin people bought Arkansas, sent all the barrels to ricepig, and fixed the roads and infrastructure from Texarkana to Jonesboro.  Make the drunk poverty side of Texarkana look like the West side of Texarkana - then drop Arkansas Income Tax (like Texas).  I'll leave education for the next reply.....  Take that L off your forehead, get over your jealousy.

Lionheart88

There are some major differences between Arkansas and Texas.  Without the oil revenue they have, getting rid of our state income tax would just bankrupt us in short order.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 23, 2014, 01:59:00 pm

What would be better - is if a couple of those Austin people bought Arkansas, sent all the barrels to ricepig, and fixed the roads and infrastructure from Texarkana to Jonesboro.  Make the drunk poverty side of Texarkana look like the West side of Texarkana - then drop Arkansas Income Tax (like Texas).  I'll leave education for the next reply.....  Take that L off your forehead, get over your jealousy.

I don't drive from LR to Texarkana, just fix the road around Russellville so it doesn't slow me down going to the game. Ask the Texas legislature where they are going to get their budget on $45/barrel oil? I'm all for a drop in the state income tax, I think you may see a small drop under Asa.

fastdrop

Quote from: AirWarren on December 09, 2014, 02:26:10 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 09, 2014, 12:05:41 pm

I got a neighbor that always says, "we Texas fans know what to expect, winning seasons and bowl games. Can't say that for the razorbacks."

We will get to see how much money money that mouth is worth.

Moonshiner

Let's hear your education reply.  Arkansas has been leading the nation in education reform the past few years.

RTF

38-7 Hogs... game will be over at kickoff

Valleysports

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 24, 2014, 12:35:25 pm

Let's hear your education reply.  Arkansas has been leading the nation in education reform the past few years.

Leading the nation in Education Reform - HA HA!  +1

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: RTF on December 24, 2014, 01:12:59 pm

How are the Hogs going to get 38 pts?  I'm think they win but a much tighter game.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Valleysports on December 24, 2014, 10:03:55 pm

That actually wasn't sarcasm.  Not saying Arkansas leads the nation in educated citizens.  But talk to those in education who know.  Arkansas has done some great things over the past 8-10 years.

ricepig

Obviously it didn't start at Tech in the 80's........

Valleysports

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 24, 2014, 11:14:44 pm

That actually wasn't sarcasm.  Not saying Arkansas leads the nation in educated citizens.  But talk to those in education who know.  Arkansas has done some great things over the past 8-10 years.

Having been ranked the 49th state, in education, since ricepig carried pencils in a cigar box and wrote on Big Red Tablets - I'm proud Arkansas is leading the way in education reform.  LOL - Isn't that kinda like saying - Michael Vick has lead the nation, in Dog Fighting Reform, for 10 yrs?   

Lionheart88

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 24, 2014, 10:47:16 pm
Quote from: RTF on December 24, 2014, 01:12:59 pm

How are the Hogs going to get 38 pts?  I'm think they win but a much tighter game.
Same way we hung 49 on another Big XII school earlier this season: run for about 400 yards.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas