• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: HF on December 09, 2014, 09:48:07 pm
Quote from: gatecrasher on December 09, 2014, 08:09:59 pm
Enjoy this week of mild weather.
That's all I got to say.

Stay tuned for possible Christmas weather shenanigans.
2nd time in 3 years?
Maybe.

Computer model madness.

You need to go somewhere else with that stuff...I've got some traveling plans for that weekend.

Looks good up to the 23rd.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/814day/

Go Postal

December 10, 2014, 08:54:30 pm #2551 Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:03:48 pm by Go Postal
I want to take a second and wish everyone in the State to have a Happy Holiday.  For those that don't personally know me, here it is in a nutshell.  I grew up in Mtn Home (Class of '75}.  I have lived in Harrison for many years and is a Goblin and any Arkansas high school sport's fan for for any sport.  I have now 30 years of Federal service and work at the Harrison post office for the last 26 years.  I am thinking about retirement (Wow, I didn't ever think that would have ever been possible  8)  ).  I'm about to turn 58 years old. :o

But one thing that this old guy still does on some of his free time is play video games.  Currently on the PS4.  I started a Worldwide video gaming community many years ago for any format of gaming on the internet media.  I also include local sports events, so that my [G0BS] Worldwide brothers and sisters know what the Goblins/Lady Goblins are doing in sports.

Anyway, I always post a Season Greetings to our video clan and other video clans each year.  It usually has something to do with our current favorite game at this time.  I posted this on the fearlessfriday video gaming forum, but if you didn't see it, I will share it here.  Happy Holidays to all you fearlessfriday posters!

back to Crazy Weather...

Valleysports

You going to think about retiring or are you going to retire?  Happy Holidays to you too!   

DogsWin7

Quote from: Go Postal on December 10, 2014, 08:54:30 pm
I want to take a second and wish everyone in the State to have a Happy Holiday.  For those that don't personally know me, here it is in a nutshell.  I grew up in Mtn Home (Class of '75}.  I have lived in Harrison for many years and is a Goblin and any Arkansas high school sport's fan for for any sport.  I have now 30 years of Federal service and work at the Harrison post office for the last 26 years.  I am thinking about retirement (Wow, I didn't ever think that would have ever been possible  8)  ).  I'm about to turn 58 years old. :o

But one thing that this old guy still does on some of his free time is play video games.  Currently on the PS4.  I started a Worldwide video gaming community many years ago for any format of gaming on the internet media.  I also include local sports events, so that my [G0BS] Worldwide brothers and sisters know what the Goblins/Lady Goblins are doing in sports.

Anyway, I always post a Season Greetings to our video clan and other video clans each year.  It usually has something to do with our current favorite game at this time.  I posted this on the fearlessfriday video gaming forum, but if you didn't see it, I will share it here.  Happy Holidays to all you fearlessfriday posters!

back to Crazy Weather...

.....according to the projected forecast......

.......Crazy Weather is on its way....all you cold weather loving snow builders!!!❄️⛄️🌀❄️👀😭

Go Postal.....May God Bless you in whatever you may decide.

Everyone.....Have a Wonderful Christmas, remember  Jesus is the reason for the season and I wish You All joy and peace.   God Bless.

beach bum

December 11, 2014, 08:02:10 pm #2554 Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:43:13 am by beach bum
Happy Holidays to all too. My job is going to keep me away from Arkansas for the first time ever on Christmas but in return family is coming here next month and March. I am lucky to have a job that feeds me, gives me a home, and supports my hobbies of travel and outdoor activities  so no complaints here... again Happy Holidays as well.

1-Adam-12

The models I looked at showed OK through the 24th, at which time things could get touchy.

True Believer

Quote from: Jacketman65 on December 09, 2014, 12:31:24 am
Quote from: True Believer on December 08, 2014, 08:48:31 pm
It's been raining a lot over here.  Lots of water.

I hope it stays mild this year.  Please no snow or ice!!!!
Come on TB, don't you like to build a snowman every now and then?  Keeps ya young!

Only if it's on the weekends!   I have to go to work snow, sleet, hail or floods!  And I don't work for the postal service...lol.  It's OK on the weekends.  I don't work then but somehow it seems it's always on a weekday!! 

DogsWin7

December 15, 2014, 03:43:42 am #2557 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:54:53 am by DiehardFBfan
It was a beautiful warm weekend.   Rain, rain and more rain has set in for the past few hours, here. Honestly, weather in the upper 50's is better than 20's it's been warmer this year according to the ncdc.noaaweather.gov     we all can't run on the beautiful beaches like beach bum.....that would be awesome:)

1-Adam, That weather can stay in Oklahoma for all I care! lol. 

Valleysports

Temps are looking better this weekend - but we'd better be getting some water in this state soon.

Breitontime

Nice brisk morning. Off to LIT I go. Warm San Diego, I'll see you this afternoon.

Valleysports

San Diego is in a break between storms - getting hit again tomorrow, better buckle down.

Valleysports

Whatever women is behind hunting season being shutdown Christmas & Christmas Eve - you did good!

True Believer

Thank  you.  Thank you very much.

beach bum

December 28, 2014, 08:01:05 pm #2563 Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:04:27 pm by beach bum
The low Wednesday here in Colorado Springs the morning of the 31st is set for -8°... Its the 2nd blast of frigid air since November. That following night it will be about 10° in Denver where I am headed for New Years. Hopefully layers, fireworks, and a mass of people's body heat crunched together in the streets keeps it warm.

Valleysports

Seeing how it's about to get cold - I went out to put the SxS in the garage.  The roll bar clears the door by about 3 inches.  So I run it up into the garage, but to my horror I catch about 1 ft of door, with the roll bar, ramming it 3 feet back into the garage.  I just don't do things like that - I'm a very careful person.  This is the kind of thing my wife does.  About that time my wife walks up with the remote in her hand - ooops - wrong door!  ::)  I came in the house to make Lemon Juice...

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on December 29, 2014, 06:32:12 pm
Seeing how it's about to get cold - I went out to put the SxS in the garage.  The roll bar clears the door by about 3 inches.  So I run it up into the garage, but to my horror I catch about 1 ft of door, with the roll bar, ramming it 3 feet back into the garage.  I just don't do things like that - I'm a very careful person.  This is the kind of thing my wife does.  About that time my wife walks up with the remote in her hand - ooops - wrong door!  ::)  I came in the house to make Lemon Juice...

You may need to go back to work.......

Valleysports

Yeah - now I have to figure out weather to get our Denali Acadia, Diamond White, Clear Coat stripped (paint over spray from making grandchild a chalk board table - Merry Christmas) or the garage door replaced first.  Thought I could stop, some of this, if I came home and stood guard, but I'm just one man against an overwhelming task.     

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on December 29, 2014, 06:50:09 pm
Yeah - now I have to figure out weather to get our Denali Acadia, Diamond White, Clear Coat stripped (paint over spray from making grandchild a chalk board table - Merry Christmas) or the garage door replaced first.  Thought I could stop, some of this, if I came home and stood guard, but I'm just one man against an overwhelming task.     

Tried a clay bar on that paint? Sometimes you get lucky and that overspray comes off...

Breitontime

Don't need to do all that, Valley. Grab some 2,000 grit wet paper and sand it. It'll cut slow enough to remove the overspray, without cutting the clear. Then, buff it, will be good as new.

Valleysports

Thanks - I'll give it a go.

DogsWin7

Cold, wet and did I mention it's cold?   Blah. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 02, 2015, 12:07:56 pm
Cold, wet and did I mention it's cold?   Blah. 

It's been in the Upper 20's to Lower 40's in the a.m for the last couple of weeks....It's not cold yet :D

DogsWin7

It's more than cold enough for me on my morning run! :)  I layer up some but I definitely miss the summer sun!   

Breitontime

#+&$ this weather. My dang back yard is flooded right now. Water is starting to seep close to entering my basement.

Valleysports

Looks like it's done, I'm about to pump some off the pool.  Better get everything ready for a freeze, next 5 days.

DogsWin7

Well Good Morning Mr Winter!!!     I hope its cold enough for all you die hard cold lovers.....the only thing positive about it being this cold, is it makes me appreciate and want warmer temps that much more.  God I miss summer. 

Uncle Ivan

DogsWin7

Valleysports

Ain't it just Wonderful?   ;D   I got a Pintail this afternoon!!!!!

Breitontime

Needs to warm up a bit. I much prefer two wheels to the cage.

cuckoobird

Nice morning for killing some ducks. Tomorrow will be better

Ridge Rat

Try working on the interstate with traffic whipping by. Brrrrr! I miss the old days when we shut down in the winter.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 05, 2015, 12:50:44 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 05, 2015, 11:32:45 am
It's not cold.
you're right.....it's freezing! :)

I'm not a cold weather guy by any means, but I can take it.

Wear Carhardt jackets, folks.  You will sweat in twenty degree weather.

Jacketman65

Can't wait till tomorrow night!  Just throw another log on the fire.

beach bum

55 degrees and sunny here in Colorado today. I had to jog through slush on the trail this morning from the snow melt... The temps are about 35 to 40 degrees higher than a week ago.

HorseFeathers

Was 38 in Hector about an hour ago....Still comfortable going outside barefoot and a t-shirt just now. Ha...

High for tomorrow is 28...Supposed to hit that right after midnight and steadily fall tomorrow...Old Man Winter might finally make a real appearance :D

Breitontime

Supposed to be a windchill of -1 in the morning. I think I may ride the motorcycle to the shop in the morning.

Indiana Jones

Please keep your pets inside tonight
Gonna be a hard freeze so let your water run to avoid a mess

DogsWin7

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 06, 2015, 11:34:49 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 05, 2015, 12:50:44 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 05, 2015, 11:32:45 am
It's not cold.
you're right.....it's freezing! :)

I'm not a cold weather guy by any means, but I can take it.

Wear Carhardt jackets, folks.  You will sweat in twenty degree weather.

I believe you on the Carhardt jackets, etc...my grandfather lived in them....but I think I am needing ski gear at my old age.    I tell myself its mind over body but my body isn't listening! :) 

Ready for Spring.....if it wants to arrive early, I'm okay with it. 

Valleysports

We've had a fire burning for 3 days/nights - I've been putting an un-split piece of tree trunk in at night, for the back log.  Could barely carry the one I put in tonight.  Got have my long johns warm for the morning hunt.

Go Postal

Check out this guy's different videos. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoVt9WOZcTYadXM64jQLfjw

Could be useful.  I have had a chill up my backside even with the gas on.  Thinking about using this guy's different heating options for close room comfort (I have no fireplace).  Clay pot heater maybe, but I like the 70% rubbing alcohol with toilet paper in a can with a computer fan and a 9 volt battery.

Uncle Ivan

Central heat, baby.

It's nice wearing shorts and a t shirt inside.

Ridge Rat

Thank God the wind ain't blowing like yesterday. We look like a bunch of Eskimos out here and still climb in truck to warm up.

Uncle Ivan

Wasn't that bad without the wind.

Valleysports

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 08, 2015, 03:37:49 am
Central heat, baby.

Infloor Radiant Heat, it's nicer going bare foot.  Central Heat went out with dust blowing, dry air sinus infections.  Seriously Central Heat n Air, is hanging on because of image.  Zone cooling / heating will work it's way down from upper scale eventually. 

beach bum

January 08, 2015, 04:18:23 pm #2595 Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 04:21:30 pm by beach bum
Central heat, baby.

I get so annoyed at my fiancée for doing that  :D .... I come home from work and she is in shorts, no socks, and t shirt in the heart of winter with the heat cranked. I always joke she is paying 90% of the bill.... I keep it so cold in my house my short haired dog thinks it is too cold so maybe a happy medium would work.

beach bum

Quote from: Valleysports on January 08, 2015, 04:13:37 pm
Central heat, baby.

Infloor Radiant Heat, it's nicer going bare foot.  Central Heat went out with dust blowing, dry air sinus infections.  Seriously Central Heat n Air, is hanging on because of image.  Zone cooling / heating will work it's way down from upper scale eventually.

I agree with that 100%!!

HorseFeathers

7 degrees in Hector this morning at 8 a.m....Wasn't as bad as it sounds as long as there was no wind..

And Valley, I'm not sure what your doing to get dry air sinus infections with central heat and air....never had an issue with it. My dad's wood stove would do that to him, if he let his coffee cans of water run dry..

beach bum

Give me a wood fire all day, everyday... and this is coming from a city boy....

Valleysports

Quote from: HF on January 08, 2015, 09:08:17 pm
7 degrees in Hector this morning at 8 a.m....Wasn't as bad as it sounds as long as there was no wind..

And Valley, I'm not sure what your doing to get dry air sinus infections with central heat and air....never had an issue with it. My dad's wood stove would do that to him, if he let his coffee cans of water run dry..

Where did I say I was getting dry air sinus infections?  Forced air is as dry as it gets (heated through a burner) - it does circulate everything from dust mites to mold.  And if you have pets - you don't even want to know.  How often do you clean out your duct work or disinfect it?  Have you ever been in a house with infloor radiant heat?  No blowing, no dust, no dry air, no heat loss from duct running all through your attic.   It is simply a radiator (basically water hose) circulating hot water though your slab, so that your floor is warm.  It is layed out in zones, so you circulate to whichever zones (rooms) you prefer, including the bathtub, garage, or front side walk to melt ice & snow.  For health reasons, the South needs to catch up about 15-20 years.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas