• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final AP Poll

Started by Wahls, January 09, 2009, 07:25:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wahls

powerlifter90

what a joke.  the national love fest with USC continues.  they play two good games all year on TV impress the voters and get the votes.  It's as bad as when ND still played football.

PDFTA

glad to see Utah at number 2..they never get enough credit

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: BUGEATERS on January 09, 2009, 07:47:12 am
what a joke.  the national love fest with USC continues.  they play two good games all year on TV impress the voters and get the votes.  It's as bad as when ND still played football.

Sorry to stray off topic a bit, but Notre Dame will be back.  But it won't be under Weis.  Don't be a bit surprised if Urban is up there in 3 years or less.  He still considers it his dream job, and has said as much in the past couple months.

powerlifter90

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 09, 2009, 08:40:54 am

Sorry to stray off topic a bit, but Notre Dame will be back.  But it won't be under Weis.  Don't be a bit surprised if Urban is up there in 3 years or less.  He still considers it his dream job, and has said as much in the past couple months.

I've heard that about Urban too.  But dang, am I the only one that doesn't miss ND?

mack

Absolutely.  They had one exceptional quarter with 24 points against Ohio State [annual whipping dog] to establish the blowout.  The rest of the game was fairly even.
You could tell Carroll was still trying to run it up, but couldn't. 

powerlifter90

I used to like PC, but after that "nobody can beat us" comment following the Rose bowl, along with some of the other bs he's pulled I am beginning to like him as much as I do HDN.  If Pete and the rest of the coaches playing politics think they got screwed in the NC race they are the ones that need to do something about it.  Get the school presidents involved, call their govt. reps, get the ball rolling.  Until then shut the heck up........

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: BUGEATERS on January 09, 2009, 08:45:39 am

I've heard that about Urban too.  But dang, am I the only one that doesn't miss ND?

I don't miss them a bit.  I just want Urban out of Florida.

powerlifter90

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 09, 2009, 09:13:18 am

Bowden retires
FSU offers Urban $6M a year
Urban to FSU

Wampus_Cat

Urban said that he will go there after his kid graduates school.

I thiiiink that's 2016.

green-eagle

I noticed that they have TTU ranked several spots over Ole Miss, when Ole Miss could have beat TTU 7 out of 10 games......but I guess they rely more on wins and loses ..........

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Women Without Whiskey 7/6 on January 09, 2009, 09:49:47 am

Urban said that he will go there after his kid graduates school.

I thiiiink that's 2016.

Weis won't be there that long.  They'll pay big money to get Urban to South Bend.  It's one of only a couple jobs he has complete veto power on within his family.  I figure if Notre Dame struggles this year, and the boosters throw enough money at him, he'll be gone after next year.

Quote from: BUGEATERS on January 09, 2009, 09:17:13 am
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 09, 2009, 09:13:18 am

Bowden retires
FSU offers Urban $6M a year
Urban to FSU

Which is the day the first snowball is thrown in Hell.  He'll never coach in Tallahassee.  Never.  That would be like Barry Switzer coming to coach the Huskers after Osborne retired.

BlakeApplebee

SandLizard04

Quote from: BlakeApplebee on January 10, 2009, 11:41:12 am
Was TCU that good?
I think so. They could've beaten a few teams that made BCS games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas