• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Burg @ Hackett

Started by Dragonsvoice, October 12, 2018, 10:25:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonsvoice

Now its time for the meat. Teeth. or The gauntlet of the conference. the Burg hold their own destiny hoping for a W so i am takking the Burg by two TD's.

beach bum

Hornet4ever

Hackett offense will score some points against Mountainburg, but I suspect our defense will struggle to stop the Burg. May be a long night for us.

beach bum

Mountainburg is about to rip off 5 more straight wins all the way to the semifinals...... Take that prediction to the bank  ;D ....No shame in anyone in the 4-2A for losing to Mountainburg. They just have too much firepower this year on offense.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: beach bum on October 13, 2018, 02:33:39 pm
Mountainburg is about to rip off 5 more straight wins all the way to the semifinals...... Take that prediction to the bank  ;D ....No shame in anyone in the 4-2A for losing to Mountainburg. They just have too much firepower this year on offense.

I agree that our offense has been really good so far and I hope you are right about 5 straight wins. It's going to be tough but I believe this team can do it.

beach bum

Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 13, 2018, 04:00:15 pm
I agree that our offense has been really good so far and I hope you are right about 5 straight wins. It's going to be tough but I believe this team can do it.

If Mountainburg does indeed get the 1 seed a potential quarterfinal rematch with Conway Christian would be a thrilling up and down game with Mtburg a little better than last year plus playing them at home would be a huge help. That would be a toss up game. In semifinals its probably Earle or Mount Ida. I'd root for Earle cause it would be a thrilling shooutout cause Earle would not stop Mtburg's run game and I am sure Earle would go up and down too. Mount Ida would be a bad matchup cause they are as physical as they come for 2A.

Hawgpilot

Quote from: beach bum on October 13, 2018, 04:15:31 pm
If Mountainburg does indeed get the 1 seed a potential quarterfinal rematch with Conway Christian would be a thrilling up and down game with Mtburg a little better than last year plus playing them at home would be a huge help. That would be a toss up game. In semifinals its probably Earle or Mount Ida. I'd root for Earle cause it would be a thrilling shooutout cause Earle would not stop Mtburg's run game and I am sure Earle would go up and down too. Mount Ida would be a bad matchup cause they are as physical as they come for 2A.

I would like to see that as well.  It was a good one last year and I wouldn't expect anything different this year. 

RATTLER43

Quote from: beach bum on October 13, 2018, 02:33:39 pm

Take lots of pictures of every game.  Enjoy every moment.  Soak up the memories.   The ride is great.  Good luck (except against us, of course) the rest of the way.

AR_dawg3

Hackett is always good at there place and I wouldn't ever sleep on them! I tried to warn magazine Friday to not sleep on lavaca but oh well! That being said I think our boys take every game serious and I will have to give this one to the Burg! Should be a great game! Go Big Blue!
Burg-49
Hackett-35

rattlerfan24

Quote from: AR_dawg3 on October 13, 2018, 07:10:11 pm
Hackett is always good at there place and I wouldn't ever sleep on them! I tried to warn magazine Friday to not sleep on lavaca but oh well! That being said I think our boys take every game serious and I will have to give this one to the Burg! Should be a great game! Go Big Blue!
Burg-49
Hackett-35
I dont think our boys "slept" on Lavaca.  They were just better.  They got some kids back healthy and we simply could not stop them.  We traded blow for blow but could not convert our extra points and they just beat us.  I dont think they got our best shot but the kids played hard and didnt take them for granted.  Just got beat. Plain and simple.

rattlerfan24

I dont know what to think about this game.  I do know Hackett needs a win badly.  They lost to Mansfield by 2pts, Magazine by 6 in OT, and Hector by 6 in OT....  that's tough..hope they bounce back and put up a good fight in this one. 

If Magazine were off this week I would def make the trip to see this one.

Hornet4ever

October 14, 2018, 02:53:55 am #11 Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 02:55:45 am by Hornet4ever
Very frustrating year for Hackett. We've had so many wins in our grasps, just to let them go. We may be the best team in 2A with a 2-4 record. With losses to Mansfield, Panama (OK), Magazine, and Hector - it hurts. Although, all of these losses were very close games. It's one of those things where a few changes and the game goes in our favor.

I do know that a huge issue is depth. We have numerous players going both ways, and that makes for hard games when they go long, especially overtime games. I know this is apart of 2A ball, but luckily over the last few years we've had bigger rosters and more guys to sub. Our offense is electric, and our defense is tough, but 4 quarters makes for a long game with limited guys.

Mountainburg is a good team. I don't doubt we'll score some points on them and make things interesting, but I'm not so sure our defense will be able to keep up. Don't be fooled, I'm not counting my Hornets out and I have faith we can seal off a win. I'm just a realist and know this will be one of our toughest games so far.

Go Hornets, beat those Dragons!

Dragonsvoice

With the burg at a verge of a conference title and the last three games being murders row, now its time for the Dragons to prove they are the top team in the 4-2a.  It may just me being selfish but I have been waiting on this moment since 2007 and I feel good about our chances to win out but I've been let down plenty of times in years past. One thing I know about this team is they play hard, play fast and play to the last whistle. I am hoping for the win for my boys in Blue but I realize on any giving Friday you can be beat. That being said gong to hold to my guns the Boy's In Blue by 2 TD's.

DnA Prostaff

I think it will be a good game. Should be a good measuring stick for how good this conference really is.   I don't think the 4-2a gets much credit but I really believe we have 5 teams that can play! (Been a while since I could say that!)   Mountainburg is solid and steady.  I feel like it could be Mountainburg, Lavaca, Magazine, Hector, and Hackett, in that order. As much as it pains me to put Hackett at the 5 seed it could happen.

However, if we get a W against the Burg then what a mess it could make! lol  2 OT losses to Magazine and Hector burn, the boys are hungry for a win.

As far as a measuring stick for the conference, on any given night, those 5 may be able to mix it up and have a great ball game.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on October 16, 2018, 12:00:58 pm
I think it will be a good game. Should be a good measuring stick for how good this conference really is.   I don't think the 4-2a gets much credit but I really believe we have 5 teams that can play! (Been a while since I could say that!)   Mountainburg is solid and steady.  I feel like it could be Mountainburg, Lavaca, Magazine, Hector, and Hackett, in that order. As much as it pains me to put Hackett at the 5 seed it could happen.

However, if we get a W against the Burg then what a mess it could make! lol  2 OT losses to Magazine and Hector burn, the boys are hungry for a win.

As far as a measuring stick for the conference, on any given night, those 5 may be able to mix it up and have a great ball game.
i agree

DnA Prostaff

Hawgpilot

Wildcatalumni21

Sure has been a quiet topic for such a rivalry 🤔

DnA Prostaff

Someone should build a trophy to pass back and forth, Hester vs Harrell, its always a fun game!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 17, 2018, 08:41:11 am
Sure has been a quiet topic for such a rivalry 🤔

Still salty over our loss against Hector. Been a very frustrating season for us 'ole Hackett folks. I'm not as out-spoken as I once was.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 17, 2018, 10:32:31 am
Still salty over our loss against Hector. Been a very frustrating season for us 'ole Hackett folks. I'm not as out-spoken as I once was.
Yeah I can't blame ya man. I'm proud our guys never gave up and kept fighting. Hackett has a good team and just has to have a few things go their way and will be a tough out come playoff time

DnA Prostaff

If Hester can do his thing I think we will be ok.  Stopping that offense the Burg has is my biggest concern. 

Burg is scoring an average of 44 points per game, giving up an average of 23.8 points per game.

Hackett is averaging 29 ppg, and giving up 22.2ppg...

Defenses seem evenly matched according to stats, but we all know none of this matters in the game. 
It is still kind of fun to look at though.

Dragonsvoice

i assume the burg posters are on wait and see the rest of the season. The burg rarely in the position we are in no one wanting to put any bad vo-do on the team I guess. I anticipate a good game usually always is but Friday still seems far away. cant wait go Big Blue keep rolling!

Prouddragondad

This game scares me a little because of Brady Hester. He can keep plays alive with his scrabbling ability and if the DB's don't stay with the receiver he will burn you deep. I believe the Burg is ready for this game. Hopefully the offense will continue to be dangerous and as long as we can contain Hester some Burg should win this one. I got Burg by 2 tds.

Suzuki Libation Nation

Have the Burgers ever won a District Title or been to the Semifinals? IDK Just asking? Chokeville USA IMHO..... No, in my
Arrogant Opinion.....
Hatchets    36
Karst Dwellers  34

DnA Prostaff

Bring that Suzuki on over to Hackett Friday night, might get to see a great game!

alaskanstorm

The storm has intentionally been silent this week.  Figured I would let Hackett and da 'burg have there moment.  The storm sees it like this, Hackett has not trailed at the end of regulatiion in conference play this season and there is a 98.4% chance that trend continues. Which leaves the 1.6% chance da 'burg is able to pull offf the win.  Those are the kind of odds the storm likes.

Hornets 32   Komodo's 35   

In overtime, then the rattlers get to play spoiler

AR_dawg3

Alaskanstorm you make it really hard to like you. I figured after the lavaca game you would tuck tail and go hide under a rock but you can't stop talking about the burg!! what's weird is that you talk about us more then we do and trust me we talk a lot about our boys! Its ok though I know we are so good you can't stop thinking about us ;) it's kinda cute really we are like your first girlfriend , you just can't stop thinking about us!

alaskanstorm

Quote from: AR_dawg3 on October 18, 2018, 10:17:22 am
Alaskanstorm you make it really hard to like you. I figured after the lavaca game you would tuck tail and go hide under a rock but you can't stop talking about the burg!! what's weird is that you talk about us more then we do and trust me we talk a lot about our boys! Its ok though I know we are so good you can't stop thinking about us ;) it's kinda cute really we are like your first girlfriend , you just can't stop thinking about us!
I picked y'all to win what more could you ask for.

AR_dawg3

You going to be able to make it to the burg next week? I'll have a mountainburg shirt waiting for you ;)

alaskanstorm

That would be an awful long flight for a high school football game dawg but I'll let you know if I do,  the storm won't turn down free shop rags.

AR_dawg3

That's not a bad drive at all! What kind of fan base is that? We went to Marshall and had more fans then Marshall did I think lol! That's ok tho we can keep you updated

Hornet4ever

Junior high Hornets beat the Burg 23-0 last night which keeps us undefeated... Another good crop of kids coming up..

Chief Sitting Dragon

You might should mention that score was 0-0 at the half and burg had missed 3 scoring opportunities in first half by penalty and fumble and dropped pass. then in second half down 8-0 burg had 1st and goal at 4 and shot self in foot again. Hackett scored 2 tds in last 2 minutes to set the score. it was an excellent game by 2 good teams---not just 1. Burg is reloading, I was told they started 7 8th graders both ways.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Chief Sitting Dragon on October 19, 2018, 04:31:21 pm
You might should mention that score was 0-0 at the half and burg had missed 3 scoring opportunities in first half by penalty and fumble and dropped pass. then in second half down 8-0 burg had 1st and goal at 4 and shot self in foot again. Hackett scored 2 tds in last 2 minutes to set the score. it was an excellent game by 2 good teams---not just 1. Burg is reloading, I was told they started 7 8th graders both ways.

Neat

Dragonsvoice

A sloppy wet game day! but a hour and half till kick off go Dragons keep rolling and beat the Hornets!

Hornet4ever

Prouddragondad

Mtburg 14 Hackett 0 4:25 left in 1st

HorseFeathers

Prouddragondad

TD mtburg 22 Hackett 0 11:32 left in half

Prouddragondad

TD Hackett 
Mtburg 22 Hackett 6 4:42 left in half

Prouddragondad

TD Mtburg
Mtburg 28 Hackett 6 54 seconds left in half