• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#2 Arizona State vs #1 Arkansas (Vandy series, too)

Started by rsvl_hogfan4, April 07, 2009, 07:24:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rsvl_hogfan4

We can keep track of this week's games in this thread.

Hogs left the bases loaded in the first half without scoring any. Arizona State just stole home with 2 outs and we didn't get the tag down in time.

ASU up 1-0 after 3 innings.

RHS

We screwed up by not scoring in the bottom of the first. We had men on 1st and 2nd with no outs and then on the corners with 1 out and did nothing.

rsvl_hogfan4

April 07, 2009, 07:49:45 pm #2 Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 07:56:21 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: RHS on April 07, 2009, 07:36:03 pm
We screwed up by not scoring in the bottom of the first. We had men on 1st and 2nd with no outs and then on the corners with 1 out and did nothing.
Yep. We screwed ourselves in this inning on defense, too. We dropped the 3rd strike when it was fouled that would have ended the inning. Then, Carver's back hand and throw was supposedly a little late. Get either one of those and they don't score. We should be alright, though.

2-0 ASU in the bottom of the 4th.

Leadoff double in the bottom of the 4th followed by a single has us on the board. Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.

RHS

Is their starter still in? I was disappointed we worked him for 20+ pitches in the first inning and then came back and only made him throw like 8 in the 2nd. Could have forced them to make a move had we gotten some men on base.

RHS

Had men on 1st and 2nd again and failed to push anyone across. Flied to CF and grounded out to end the inning.

rsvl_hogfan4

April 07, 2009, 08:08:04 pm #5 Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 08:12:15 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Yeah, their starting pitcher is still in. He has 63 pitches right now.

McCann is making their base runners look foolish. He has thrown 3 out.

RHS

They homered with 2 out to go up 3-1.

I'm goin up tomorrow.

rsvl_hogfan4

Base hit drives in 1 run. Bases are loaded with 1 out for Jacob House. He has been on fire since he has been back in the lineup. Today he has 1 RBI and a walk. A base hit takes the lead.

rsvl_hogfan4

House singles to SS. 3-3 with bases loaded and 1 out in the bottom of the 7th. ASU is making their 2nd pitching change of the inning.

RHS

Hogs up 4-3 after an Andrew Darr single.

Cox struck out. McCann up. He's 0-3 tonight so now would be a great time for a hit to the outfield. Lyons in to pinch hit.

rsvl_hogfan4

Lyons comes through with a 2 run base hit. 6-3 Hogs!

RHS

Glad we got some of those runs in. We've had 9 LOB, 6 in scoring position.

stattracker

RHS

Richards comes in and gets a DP. Hopefully he can get the 5 out save.

6-3 bottom 8 right now.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: RHS on April 07, 2009, 09:23:36 pm

6-3 bottom 8 right now.
If we could take tomorrow's game, a series win against Vandy would almost assure us of holding the #1 spot, and getting in the top 5 and top 10 in the other polls.

Vandy lost 8-0 tonight to Middle Tennessee State.

Hogs get another run and their 8th hit off a Tschepikow double off the wall.

rsvl_hogfan4

Well, we have walked the first two runners of the 9th inning. We better not blow this big of a lead.

stattracker

hogsfan4life

C'mon piggies, bring it home. On a side note, I really believe we are a contender to bring home the national championship.

dc24

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 07, 2009, 09:32:45 pm
Quote from: RHS on April 07, 2009, 09:23:36 pm

6-3 bottom 8 right now.
If we could take tomorrow's game, a series win against Vandy would almost assure us of holding the #1 spot, and getting in the top 5 and top 10 in the other polls.

Vandy lost 8-0 tonight to Middle Tennessee State.

Hogs get another run and their 8th hit off a Tschepikow double off the wall.

MTSU is pretty dang good this year.  They can hit.

rsvl_hogfan4

Richards walks the bases loaded in the 9th, but strikes out 3 to get out of the jam. Hogs win 7-3 over ASU. Huge win considering they are #1 in 3 polls and #2 in the one we are #1 in.

Father Guido

I'm going to the game tomorrow night.  Can't wait.

B&GT

What a game!  The crowd was so intense, especially during that 5 run inning.  A fantastic win.

RHS

Crowd listed as almost 6300.

Hopefully things are a bit warmer tomorrow and it can be a little larger with the same result.

urban legend

At game's end, it was announced that only 600 tickets remain for tomorrow's (tonight's) game. I'm expecting well over 8,000 will be there. Great win.

AB™

What time tomorrow?

I may try and get up there for it. 

Another Arkansas win would really open up more eyes.

RHS

It's another 6:30 or 6:35 start.

Weather.com has the temp around 70 for first pitch and sunny. Slight breeze and by games end should be in the upper 50's, so it's good baseball weather.

RD™

That now puts arkansas at 6 and 1 against the pac-10. Sweeping Washington, getting 2 of 3 from cal and winning this one. Combined 16-3 against the supposed two best conferences in baseball.

AB™

Schweet.  I think I'm going to go.  I found my wallet today(the same wallet I lost the day before everyone came up to watch games several weeks ago)and so I have my ID again.

What time are you heading up?

RHS

lol @ your wallet situation.

J-lo told me we should probably get there around 5 for good spots, so probably gonna leave here with my sister and her BF around 3 or so.

A guy on HS said he heckled the LF enough tonight that the guy flipped him off and cussed him. He then went in and pitched and gave us our big inning. Can't wait until tomorrow.

AB™

Alright.  I'll probably leave Alma around 4ish then.  Gimme a call when you get to Fayetteville.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: RHS on April 08, 2009, 01:02:39 am

J-lo told me we should probably get there around 5 for good spots, so probably gonna leave here with my sister and her BF around 3 or so.

A guy on HS said he heckled the LF enough tonight that the guy flipped him off and cussed him. He then went in and pitched and gave us our big inning. Can't wait until tomorrow.
Haha! That was the guy I was with tonight! We will take the assist on this one. You all get ahold of me when you get here tomorrow. I think I am leaving right after the Liverpool game.

hillbilly

Thanks for inviting me, Kirk.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Van Horn is doing a tremendous job with this team. I like our pitching staff and he has added some good hitters. This team is balanced top to bottom. I just hope they can keep it going........................

jbell96

I can't believe I forgot about us playing ASU. Big win last night & hopefully we can get the sweep tonight.

13minutes

Quote from: RHS on April 08, 2009, 12:44:47 am
It's another 6:30 or 6:35 start.

Weather.com has the temp around 70 for first pitch and sunny. Slight breeze and by games end should be in the upper 50's, so it's good baseball weather.

6:30 p.m. is the supposed start time.

Uncle Ivan

A guy on HS said he heckled the LF enough tonight that the guy flipped him off and cussed him. He then went in and pitched and gave us our big inning.

Wonder if he has a blog?

jbell96

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 08, 2009, 01:14:16 pm
A guy on HS said he heckled the LF enough tonight that the guy flipped him off and cussed him. He then went in and pitched and gave us our big inning.

Wonder if he has a blog?

LOLZ

bulldogs1159

Wonder if he has a blog?
No but we were reading his PUBLIC myspace back at him last night. It had a huge long quote from Bull Durham and we gave him heeeeeelllllllllllllllllll for it.

RHS

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on April 08, 2009, 02:13:12 pm

Wonder if he has a blog?
No but we were reading his PUBLIC myspace back at him last night. It had a huge long quote from Bull Durham and we gave him heeeeeelllllllllllllllllll for it.

I read some of his profile on his ASU page.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: RHS on April 08, 2009, 02:15:48 pm
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on April 08, 2009, 02:13:12 pm

Wonder if he has a blog?

I read some of his profile on his ASU page.
I really hope he starts again today, after blowing the lead yesterday he will never hear the end of it.

RHS

bleudog

For stats from last night's game:  CLICK HERE

For link to live stats for tonight's game:  CLICK HERE

RD™

littlec2964

ASU jumping on us early today. Up by 3 top of second. Bingham out and Smyly in to pitch for hogs.

AB™

rsvl_hogfan4

7-5 ASU now with runners on first and second. Considering we are basically just pitching our bullpen, only being down 2 is great. ASU has pitched one pitcher, and we have pitched 5. Van Horn said from the start he was only going to pitch a pitcher 2, maybe 3 innings at most in this game. He said he basically wanted to work the entire staff. It will be hard to win a game against a top 2 team when you are pitching like that. ASU is fortunate to have another starting pitcher they could use.

Hogs just turn 2 to end the inning and keep ASU to only scoring 1 run.

AB™

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: AB™ on April 08, 2009, 08:40:07 pm
Andrew Darr = Mr. Clutch.
4th RBI in just 5 innings. That is amazing.

Hogs score a run to make it 7-6 ASU in the bottom of the 5th. 1 out and runners on 1st and 2nd.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas