• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#11 Arkansas vs. Texas A & M

Started by Ken Griffey Jr., October 08, 2010, 10:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

colts52

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 10, 2010, 09:30:14 pm
Can someone tell me WHY for the second game in row (Really all season) Wingo basically no carries! I don't know what's going on but this has got to be intentional! Wingo is like 6'-2" or 6'-3" 225+ 4.4 -4.5 forty and you treat him like a third down back and only bring him in on passing downs? BP is an offensive genius but that's dumb as L!

He has effort problems in practice from what i hear

zebradynasty

Quote from: colts52 on October 10, 2010, 09:37:22 pm
Can someone tell me WHY for the second game in row (Really all season) Wingo basically no carries! I don't know what's going on but this has got to be intentional! Wingo is like 6'-2" or 6'-3" 225+ 4.4 -4.5 forty and you treat him like a third down back and only bring him in on passing downs? BP is an offensive genius but that's dumb as L!

Here's the deal if he has effort problems then WHY put him in on third downs and passing situations when you would think we need 110% effort? Either punish him or play him trying to do both hurts the team!

Wahls

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 10, 2010, 09:48:30 pm
Quote from: colts52 on October 10, 2010, 09:37:22 pm

Here's the deal if he has effort problems then WHY put him in on third downs and passing situations when you would think we need 110% effort? Either punish him or play him trying to do both hurts the team!

I tend to agree.

Rzback4Life

I do not believe BP is conspiring to keep Wingo from carring the ball.  I am certain he has his reasons and you can bet Wingo knows what they are.  I hope that he figures it out soon, because there is little doubt Wingo has the biggest upside of any of our backs.

dc24

Quote from: Romeo on October 10, 2010, 07:38:23 pm
One play I absolutely can't stand to see Arkansas run is running Broderick Green on a sweep. Its a like an automatic loss of yards.

I agree.  I'm not an Arkansas fan and I barely watched any of this game, but it is like watching a train wreck when he runs a sweep.  It's made me cringe everytime I've seen it.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Rzback4Life on October 11, 2010, 03:08:31 am
I do not believe BP is conspiring to keep Wingo from carring the ball.  I am certain he has his reasons and you can bet Wingo knows what they are.  I hope that he figures it out soon, because there is little doubt Wingo has the biggest upside of any of our backs.

Well what is it? I accept the fact that BP knows a heck of a lot about football. I also know enough about football to see that this is intentional. He may have good reasons (can't imagine what they are) but I think as the season goes on he needs to explain them. We can't continue to be one of the worst rushing team in SEC while having a Rb with Wingo's talent not even attempt a rush.

Father Guido

I refuse to watch the second half of any more Hog games.  IOP if you out play or even dominate a team in the first half, then struggle mightily in the second half, to me that says you are being out coached and not being able to make adjustments.  Georgia, Alabama, Texas A&M,...I'm stating to see a pattern here.

In Petrino's defense, we stunk in up in the first half, too.  The Hogs could have been, (should have been), up 42-0 at half time.  They DID manage to hang on and get the W, which is the bottom line, but this bunch of Hogs have not performed like a Championship Caliber team this whole season.  I thought Maybe, the way they came back for the win against Georgia...but then again, it shouldn't have come down to that to begin with.

Wahls

Dudley Dawson said that Wingo isn't getting carries because he tiptoes... Okay fine, I buy that. But Wingo can break tackles so it really doesn't matter...

He also said that Broderick is in mostly because Knile Davis isn't always in the right position, and he's an inferior blocker.

But:
1. It doesn't explain why we don't use Davis in the I-Formation exclusively.
2. It doesn't explain why Green runs the sweep.
3. And it certainly doesn't explain why Wingo goes in on 3rd down if Green is THAT good of a blocker.

Chosen 1

Quote from: Father Guido on October 11, 2010, 12:54:38 pm
I refuse to watch the second half of any more Hog games.  IOP if you out play or even dominate a team in the first half, then struggle mightily in the second half, to me that says you are being out coached and not being able to make adjustments.  Georgia, Alabama, Texas A&M,...I'm stating to see a pattern here.

In Petrino's defense, we stunk in up in the first half, too.  The Hogs could have been, (should have been), up 42-0 at half time.  They DID manage to hang on and get the W, which is the bottom line, but this bunch of Hogs have not performed like a Championship Caliber team this whole season.  I thought Maybe, the way they came back for the win against Georgia...but then again, it shouldn't have come down to that to begin with.
Hanging on and getting a W is the sign of a good team. Good teams find ways to win when everything isn't going your way. Talented teams have off days and don't win.

Father Guido

Quote from: Chosen 1 on October 11, 2010, 05:36:33 pm

Hanging on and getting a W is the sign of a good team. Good teams find ways to win when everything isn't going your way. Talented teams have off days and don't win.

True.  Arkansas will end up being a good team.  What I'm saying is that a Championship Caliber team comes out and gets the job done and doesn't play down to the caliber of the team they are playing...., and they don't just play half a game.  Arkansas will play in a nice bowl game and likely end up in the top 25, and that's all very nice.  It also means they will end up being the 5 or 6 team in the SEC.

fastdrop

+1

PIGSKIN JUNKIE

Quote from: Chosen 1 on October 11, 2010, 05:36:33 pm

I'm with you, Chosen 1. The Hogs are 4-1 and with a win against AU on saturday, we will be a serious contender to win the SEC West. Offensively, we are not playing our best ball, but we are winning or putting ourselves in the position to win, ala the Bama game. Defensively, we have improved tremendously. As I stated in another thread our D is ranked 3rd in the SEC and 19th nationally (Hogs ended the '09 season 12th in the SEc and 89th nationally). We went 5-7 in '08, 8-5 in '09 and quite possibly could hit double digits in the win column this year. Sure, we need to run the ball more often and more effectively. With Davis rushing for 82 yards on 10 carries against A&M, I believe we are improving in that area. Knile seems to have the best vision of any of our RB's. I'm more optimistic now, than I was before the season began because our D has improved so much and is playing fast and with alot of heart.

Hoghead

Quote from: Chosen 1 on October 09, 2010, 05:56:13 pm
Anybody catch what Mallett did in there? I missed it, but looked like typical bottom of the pile stuff. You can't call that as a Ref.
Mallett threw a CHEAP SHOT in the pile and got caught. Bush leauge triple AAA BS by Mallett ! He's got to show some class and get back to the huddle.
The O was out of sync the whole 2nd half. Brodrick Green must hold the NCAA record for getting tackled by ONE GUY in the history of college football. That guy lays down like a rug ! I hate seeing him run the football. We outsmarted ourselves with the fake FG before half. He's a frigging kicker, let him kick BP ! take the points on the road. The best thing about this game is "THE HOGS WON"!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas