• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 Alabama at #10 Arkansas - Discussion Thread

Started by RD™, September 19, 2010, 02:08:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex-HAplayer

Haha who cares what a fan says..and they are the number 1 team so it isn't hype. I hope it will be a good game, but honestly you guys got to be realistic. You know bama is probably going to be playing press man coverage and stunting like crazy because they don't respect the run and want to get Mallett moving. Last year, the Razorback receivers dropped a lot of passes because Alabama dbs were hitting them. The running game is not going to mysteriously appear this week. Beat Bama at their own game. Like I said I would attack that young secondary early from Bama.That would also instill some confidence in the receivers and Mallett. I would even throw in some good screen passes for all the blitzes that saban has coming. I can see a fake punt or a random on-side kick too. Throw everything at them and pick up momentum early. You guys have the best offense to beat them. If Auburn could hang with them with a wacky high-school offense, you guys definitely have the personal to BEAT them.

rsvl_hogfan4

I don't know where all the arrogance about them getting in the backfield is coming from considering they have only had 1 or 2 sacks this season. On their boards, most feel their Dline is overrated, and Hightower is in the wrong position because of how much weight he has gained.

PIGSKIN JUNKIE

Quote from: PHIL IS MY HERO  aka RTVM on September 20, 2010, 09:16:18 am
Quote from: RHS on September 19, 2010, 05:44:24 pm

First time since 79.

Maybe for a home game, but Arkansas was ranked #10 when they had #1 tennessee defeated 24-22 with 1:45 left in the game in 1998, with the ball, first down, and Tennessee had no timeouts.  Then, we all know what happened next. 

It was really a remarkable game.  Two undefeated teams.

Arkansas finished the season 9-3 i think, and UT went on to win the NC.

Thanks Clint :)

Don't rub salt in the wound there, Phil.....LOL.....The "Stoerner Stumble and Fumble" still ticks me off after 12 years! >:(  That play alone probably cost the Hogs an appearance in the NC game. Even beating UT the very next year by the exact same score, 28-24 could not erase the pain of the 1998 game.

I've got one question regarding that play:  Did the ground not cause the fumble?

Perfexion

September 20, 2010, 09:02:44 pm #53 Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 09:07:53 pm by Perfexion
  Bama is just a 7 point favorite.  I think that means the people that really know these things give us more than the average chance.

colts52

yea the herd on espn radio this morning called it a 7 point toss up and said the winner goes to the NC

RHS

Home team normally gets 3 points so Vegas people think it would be a 10 pt Bama favorite at a neutral site.

I don't know why Bama fans are so cocky about their defense. They're terrible in terms of TFL and sacks this year so far, even against their crap schedule.

hb14lh

Word on the Hill is there are talks of a blackout. (an actual team-orchestrated one)

May the traditionalists start rioting.   ;)

Hoghead

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on September 19, 2010, 03:40:06 pm
Quote from: RD™ on September 19, 2010, 03:27:58 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on September 19, 2010, 03:24:38 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on September 19, 2010, 02:47:09 pm
Wow this is big. Hope the hogs can candle the pressure and spotlight. We know bama can. I for one want serious payment. Me and some buddies made the trip last year to Tuscaloosa when we got hammered.
Battle between two top ten teams and College gameday goes to Boise? Oh well, I think the Hogs will play Bama tough for a half. Man Bama is good, but you never know. I just hope BP has something for that Bama "D" and I also hope that Willie pulls his head out of his rear this week.
We aren't getting Gameday because of CBS exercising it's 7 day option
Yeah, I forgot about that. Still a shame though. Biggest game of the year so far in college football.
More people get to see us on CBS in this time slot than ESPN. Let Gameday go to Boise and talk about blue turf & soft schedules.

Hoghead

I'm coming back up for this game. I'll be the guy in the Colt .45 truck. Go Hogs !

redwolf143

Quote from: Hoghead on September 21, 2010, 02:04:08 am
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on September 19, 2010, 03:40:06 pm
Quote from: RD™ on September 19, 2010, 03:27:58 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on September 19, 2010, 03:24:38 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on September 19, 2010, 02:47:09 pm
Wow this is big. Hope the hogs can candle the pressure and spotlight. We know bama can. I for one want serious payment. Me and some buddies made the trip last year to Tuscaloosa when we got hammered.
Battle between two top ten teams and College gameday goes to Boise? Oh well, I think the Hogs will play Bama tough for a half. Man Bama is good, but you never know. I just hope BP has something for that Bama "D" and I also hope that Willie pulls his head out of his rear this week.
We aren't getting Gameday because of CBS exercising it's 7 day option
Yeah, I forgot about that. Still a shame though. Biggest game of the year so far in college football.
More people get to see us on CBS in this time slot than ESPN. Let Gameday go to Boise and talk about blue turf & soft schedules.

I for one am definitely glad it's on CBS instead of ESPN, tho it will probably be blacked out with some infomercial in its place.

rsvl_hogfan4

Petrino is excited for this game. I haven't seen Petrino display this much enthusiasm for this game. Based on what the players have been saying, Petrino is working them even harder this week. He is going to have them prepared. The team knows it is time to put up or shut up. This game could change the way the entire nation views us, and the players are ready to step up to the plate. I had a terrible feeling going into the UGA game, but I have a good feeling that our players will keep it close and compete this Saturday. Alabama seems to be arrogant and overlooking us, and everyone is picking Alabama to win convincingly. This will keep our defense playing with a chip on their shoulders.

A stat from last year: Ingram only had 50 yards rushing on us. He only averaged 2.9 yards per carry.

Romeo

September 21, 2010, 11:27:04 am #61 Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 11:42:13 am by Romeo
Erin Andrews is headed to Fayetteville to interview Mallett for college gameday segment.

colts52

Quote from: Romeo on September 21, 2010, 11:27:04 am
Erin Andrews is headed to Fayetteville to interview Mallett for college gameday segment.

ill make sure to see her

AirWarren

If we blacked out the unis and beat bama screw the traditionalists! Are we cheering for the jersey's or the hogs? I don't care what we wear as long as we leave it all on the field at razorback stadium in front of a deafening crowd. Geez I'm pumped!

hb14lh

Quote from: hb14lh on September 21, 2010, 01:54:02 am
Word on the Hill is there are talks of a blackout. (an actual team-orchestrated one)

May the traditionalists start rioting.   ;)

Correction: Jeff Long just tweeted, and confirmed with Coach Petrino it will be a Red-Out

Hmmm...

Hoghead

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 21, 2010, 11:18:29 am
Petrino is excited for this game. I haven't seen Petrino display this much enthusiasm for this game. Based on what the players have been saying, Petrino is working them even harder this week. He is going to have them prepared. The team knows it is time to put up or shut up. This game could change the way the entire nation views us, and the players are ready to step up to the plate. I had a terrible feeling going into the UGA game, but I have a good feeling that our players will keep it close and compete this Saturday. Alabama seems to be arrogant and overlooking us, and everyone is picking Alabama to win convincingly. This will keep our defense playing with a chip on their shoulders.

A stat from last year: Ingram only had 50 yards rushing on us. He only averaged 2.9 yards per carry.

Bama being arrogant ? No !!!!!  Having lived in Bama and up to some games in T-town, they're the most snobbish SOB's in the SEC. As for Ingram, he's a great RB. But the Richardson kid from Pensacola Escambia High is who scares me. Still the Hogs will win and shock the Nation. See ya in Fayetteville !

colts52

Sounds good to me. Ive been watching game film and alabama mildly struggled in the secondary against every opponent so far. DBs not being on the same page and this and that. I see a serious problem in the man defense they run. The corners are not physical enough! look for cobi hamilton to have a huge game from the slot. The identity of the team has changed and we can no longer run the ball effectively. I think this week knile davis and Broderick greene will spit most the carries because of their pass blocking ability. if the passing game heats up early for the hogs and saban sends the stunts and blitz look for Petrino to run screens and timing routes to slow the rush

rsvl_hogfan4

ESPN just did a segment on the Pistol formation and how Alabama has implemented it into their offense this year. They mentioned how it will be used on Saturday and will be a key to their success on the ground. They even threw in that it was invented in Nevada. What they failed to mention was our offensive line coach, Chris Klenakis, was the offensive coordinator at Nevada for many years.

They said there was no chance we could slow down the pistol.

Ex-HAplayer

Quote from: Hoghead on September 21, 2010, 02:34:04 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 21, 2010, 11:18:29 am
Petrino is excited for this game. I haven't seen Petrino display this much enthusiasm for this game. Based on what the players have been saying, Petrino is working them even harder this week. He is going to have them prepared. The team knows it is time to put up or shut up. This game could change the way the entire nation views us, and the players are ready to step up to the plate. I had a terrible feeling going into the UGA game, but I have a good feeling that our players will keep it close and compete this Saturday. Alabama seems to be arrogant and overlooking us, and everyone is picking Alabama to win convincingly. This will
keep our defense playing with a chip on their shoulders.

Bama being arrogant ? No !!!!!  Having lived in Bama and up to some games in T-town, they're the most snobbish SOB's in the SEC. As for Ingram, he's a great RB. But the Richardson kid from Pensacola Escambia High is who scares me. Still the Hogs will win and shock the Nation. See ya in Fayetteville !

I have lived in Arkansas, Bama, and Florida. I can tell you all three states are pretty snobbish and arrogant at the same rate.  I can promise you if Arkansas wins, you will see a lot more snobbish and arrogant people around this state. That is just how it is, Everywhere.

Perfexion

Does anyone know what time they open the gates on Saturday?  Thank you in advance.

Rizzo

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Perfexion on September 21, 2010, 06:58:36 pm
  Does anyone know what time they open the gates on Saturday?  Thank you in advance.
Student section is open 2 hours in advance. I am not sure about the rest of the gates.

Perfexion

I'm sitting in the clouds above the press box.  If no one knows I guess I'll call the UA or see if I can find it on their website.

zebradynasty

If we win this would be a major boost in recruiting! I think a lot people believe Petrino is a good coach the question is can he win the big games at Arkansas? Saturday would prove it and I think we will get rewarded come next February!

Wahls

Quote from: colts52 on September 21, 2010, 11:58:05 am

ill make sure to see her

I wish Erin Andrews would come interview me.

The Infidel

Is BP as good a poker player as he seems? Could he have been holding out all along for something special for the bammers this weekend?  It sounds like he has been working on this game for a long time.

RHS

Quote from: zebradynasty on September 21, 2010, 08:01:22 pm
If we win this would be a major boost in recruiting!

The win over UGA has payed dividends too. A LB recruit that we were on that committed to Michigan now plans to take an unofficial visit to Arkansas this weekend.

Another LB recruit watched our game against UGA while on his official visit to Arizona.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on September 21, 2010, 08:27:31 pm

ill make sure to see her

Be careful, I'm afraid you might...

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyIslandVEVO?ob=av3n

Note to Self: Buy Kleenex stock if Showband meets Erin Andrews.

rsvl_hogfan4

September 21, 2010, 11:04:47 pm #78 Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 11:07:20 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: RHS on September 21, 2010, 10:18:47 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on September 21, 2010, 08:01:22 pm
If we win this would be a major boost in recruiting!

The win over UGA has payed dividends too. A LB recruit that we were on that committed to Michigan now plans to take an unofficial visit to Arkansas this weekend.

Another LB recruit watched our game against UGA while on his official visit to Arizona.
This week Clinton-Dix is taking an official visit. He is the cousin and teammate of LaQuentin Smith, and teammate of Roderick Ryles. He is a 5 star safety, and the top safety prospect in nation. He is currently committed to Alabama, but with the commit of Ryles, and likely commit of Smith, they are working on swaying him. A win over Bama could be just what we need. Smith said he is likely coming to Arkansas, and when he commits he will make sure Clinton-Dix comes with him. He said him, his cousin, and Ryles have been friends and teammates for a long time, and want to continue that through college.

Here is his profile:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/michigan/football/recruiting/player-Hasean-Clinton-Dix-106914

Wahls

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 21, 2010, 10:54:43 pm

ill make sure to see her

Nah. Those that have me added on facebook can vouch. (I'll let you connect the dots)

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on September 21, 2010, 11:20:29 pm

ill make sure to see her

Nah. Those that have me added on facebook can vouch. (I'll let you connect the dots)

Hmmm...

Guess your door doesn't swing that direction...

Wahls

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 21, 2010, 11:24:21 pm

ill make sure to see her

Hmmm...

Earl is my hero. The man is good.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on September 22, 2010, 12:07:41 am

ill make sure to see her

Hmmm...

Then why do you want her to interview you?

Wahls

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 22, 2010, 12:15:01 am

ill make sure to see her

Hmmm...

Then you obviously didn't connect the dots properly.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on September 22, 2010, 12:16:15 am
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 22, 2010, 12:15:01 am

ill make sure to see her

Hmmm...

Then you obviously didn't connect the dots properly.

Guess not. Maybe you're a journalism major that wants to be a female sideline reporter.

Wahls

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 22, 2010, 12:23:00 am
Guess not. Maybe you're a journalism major that wants to be a female sideline reporter.

No, but how about we say I am.

BTW I was just talking to an Alabama fan on facebook, that claimed that Arkansas is going to face "too much Greg McElroy" and I lol'd pretty hard.

I hope not all of them are this delusional. The pressure is all on them.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on September 22, 2010, 12:32:01 am
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 22, 2010, 12:23:00 am

No, but how about we say I am.

BTW I was just talking to an Alabama fan on facebook, that claimed that Arkansas is going to face "too much Greg McElroy" and I lol'd pretty hard.

I hope not all of them are this delusional. The pressure is all on them.

We save all the delusions around here for El Dorado fans.

How is Tony anyway?

Wahls

Yeah I have no idea who you're talking about. Honest.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on September 22, 2010, 11:10:48 am

That's OK, he does.

Why don't you like blondes? It's said they have more fun. Look at Tiger Woods and Jesse Jackson Jr. They both like them.

Although I guess Tiger did get kinda bored with his, but that happens sometimes after a couple of kids. You kinda want to see what else is on the menu. Well, not everyone actually acts upon the impulse quite like he did, but the lure is there nonetheless.

I think maybe it was his receeding hairline. Guys that start going bald at an early age tend to overcompensate by acting out in a promiscuous manner once they seemingly settle into a secure relationship. Quite frankly, I can't understand why.

I had a good friend, young guy. Got married, nice young lady. Both had good jobs. No kids. He loses a little hair, then a little more, and a little more. Next thing you know he looks like Kojak. Well, I guess he felt like he needed to ascertain whether women still found him appealling. Yep, you guessed it. He cheated. Divorce.

He's remarried now. Kid on the way, but he kinda robbed the cradle, you know. She's 20 something. He's 30 something.

I have a neighbor the same way. Bald as a cue-ball. Got fired for harrassment at work. We're talking a fairly senior guy calling on Walmart for a fortune 500 company (with strong democratic ties I might add). But, he kept trying to take a swim in the secretarial pool if you know what I mean.

But I digress.

You going to the game Saturday? You wouldn't happen to know what time the gates open would you? I guess if not I could call the University and ask.

Romeo

Take a look at this video. Alabama's secondary has holes that Mallett can exploit:

Wahls

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 22, 2010, 12:10:59 pm
Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on September 22, 2010, 11:10:48 am

That's OK, he does.

Why don't you like blondes? It's said they have more fun. Look at Tiger Woods and Jesse Jackson Jr. They both like them.

Although I guess Tiger did get kinda bored with his, but that happens sometimes after a couple of kids. You kinda want to see what else is on the menu. Well, not everyone actually acts upon the impulse quite like he did, but the lure is there nonetheless.

I think maybe it was his receeding hairline. Guys that start going bald at an early age tend to overcompensate by acting out in a promiscuous manner once they seemingly settle into a secure relationship. Quite frankly, I can't understand why.

I had a good friend, young guy. Got married, nice young lady. Both had good jobs. No kids. He loses a little hair, then a little more, and a little more. Next thing you know he looks like Kojak. Well, I guess he felt like he needed to ascertain whether women still found him appealling. Yep, you guessed it. He cheated. Divorce.

He's remarried now. Kid on the way, but he kinda robbed the cradle, you know. She's 20 something. He's 30 something.

I have a neighbor the same way. Bald as a cue-ball. Got fired for harrassment at work. We're talking a fairly senior guy calling on Walmart for a fortune 500 company (with strong democratic ties I might add). But, he kept trying to take a swim in the secretarial pool if you know what I mean.

But I digress.

You going to the game Saturday? You wouldn't happen to know what time the gates open would you? I guess if not I could call the University and ask.

I guess my life is screwed! I guess I should just give up. Thanks for the advise!

Nah, I'm not going to the game Saturday.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on September 22, 2010, 01:07:33 pm
I guess my life is screwed! I guess I should just give up. Thanks for the advise!

Nah, I'm not going to the game Saturday.

What? Advice? Now I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm still stumped over the Erin Andrews paradox.

You want her to interview you, but you imply you don't want to "boink" her. You make a reference to your FB page that I don't understand, so I hazard a guess that you might be female or you're playing for the other team, if you know what I mean - NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

I got lost somewhere along the way, was bored, and threw some babblings out there. I've been working on my creative writing. The current topic is stream of conciousness. How am I doing?

You're not going to the game? I thought every college student in the state was going. I saw on Hogville where Smithian is already camping out. I want to go to the game. That's why I asked if you knew when the gates opened. I'm gonna have to go try to get tickets from a scalper. Probably will end up in the nose bleed section cause I don't wanna get screwed too badly on $$$.

I wonder if anyone in the media could get me in on a press pass? I have a big camera and lens. I could pass as a photographer. Do you know anyone in the media?

doober3

Quote from: The Infidel on September 20, 2010, 07:09:45 pm
Qoute from a bama fan "Arkansas' offensive line is a disaster. We're going to be in the backfield more than their RB's". The hype continues............

Alabama has a grand total of two (2) sacks on the year...  even if they blitz, Mallet will make a quick read and make them pay!

Wahls

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 22, 2010, 01:45:35 pm
I got lost somewhere along the way, was bored, and threw some babblings out there. I've been working on my creative writing. The current topic is stream of conciousness. How am I doing?

Your sudden interest in me would generally be creepy from a middle aged man from across the state, but I'm actually surprisingly flattered.

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 22, 2010, 01:45:35 pmYou're not going to the game? I thought every college student in the state was going.

Not every college student takes 18 hours.

Baitshop

September 22, 2010, 02:10:06 pm #94 Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 02:12:33 pm by Baitshop
 ;D ;D ;D......and a little more...... ;D ;D ;D

This just reeks of "WIN"..!!..!!

Baitshop

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on September 22, 2010, 02:07:20 pm

Your sudden interest in me would generally be creepy from a middle aged man from across the state, but I'm actually surprisingly flattered.

The recent turn in this thread looks like someone is tryin' to "out" someone else.....I just can't figure out who is the "outer" and who is the "outee"..... :-\

Earl, we have shared too many meals with each other.....PLEASE tell me that you're not the "outee"..!!..!!

Wahls

September 22, 2010, 02:23:59 pm #96 Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 02:25:32 pm by Showband of Arkansas
Quote from: Baitshop on September 22, 2010, 02:18:31 pm

The recent turn in this thread looks like someone is tryin' to "out" someone else.....I just can't figure out who is the "outer" and who is the "outee"..... :-\

Earl, we have shared too many meals with each other.....PLEASE tell me that you're not the "outee"..!!..!!

We're just having a little fun.

Besides, I could never out the Earl. He's like Batman. I almost fear what might happen to the state (regarding smack talk) if I did!

(BTW, people just DYING to know who I am could have PM'd me. You're probably in the minority if you don't.)

EDIT: Now lets get back on topic: Alabama.

Earl is my Hero!!

Dude, I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut.

Just stuck on the whole Erin Andrews thing. No, I am neither stalking her nor Showband. Eager to understand the reference...

RHS

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: RHS on September 22, 2010, 02:52:22 pm
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 22, 2010, 02:47:12 pm
Dude, I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut.

Very interesting analogy used by you...

Guy on sports radio down in Dallas used to say it all the time.

Sports Radio 1310 - THE TICKET!!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas