• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 Alabama at #10 Arkansas - Discussion Thread

Started by RD™, September 19, 2010, 02:08:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Smithian

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 22, 2010, 01:45:35 pmI saw on Hogville where Smithian is already camping out.
I've been camped out since Monday. I was interviewed by Michael Smith yesterday! KNWA and other news stations have been here a lot. Tons of people have brought pizza. Someone gave us $20 Monday and told us to buy whatever we need. We're running low on drinks and pizza, but people on Hogville have been posting or messaging me about bringing stuff by and many have followed through. A football player came and talked to us earlier and said the football team would try to bring us stuff. It has been an awesome week and it's only Wednesday.

Go Hogs

Wahls

Quote from: Smithian on September 22, 2010, 03:30:05 pm
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 22, 2010, 01:45:35 pmI saw on Hogville where Smithian is already camping out.
I've been camped out since Monday. I was interviewed by Michael Smith yesterday! KNWA and other news stations have been here a lot. Tons of people have brought pizza. Someone gave us $20 Monday and told us to buy whatever we need. We're running low on drinks and pizza, but people on Hogville have been posting or messaging me about bringing stuff by and many have followed through. A football player came and talked to us earlier and said the football team would try to bring us stuff. It has been an awesome week and it's only Wednesday.

Go Hogs

You are my hero.

RHS

Go Hogs

Wish I was in a tent up there.

Were you one of the guys interviewed by someone from a website called HolyTurf or something like that?

Smithian

Yes... Right after I mistakenly sat on my glasses... Haha

xtremewildcat

Uncle Ivan

Go Hogs

I hope y'all are showering regularly.

Smithian

Indiana Jones

Valleysports

Quote from: BUGEATERS on September 19, 2010, 03:30:50 pm
can BAMA get to Mallet with just its front 3?
can BAMA match up with UA on the outside?
can UA's offense be one-dimensional and win?
can UA's D "slow down" BAMA?

to me these are the keys to the game

QB coach is really putting some finishing touches on Mallet.

This game is going to have some serious strategy going down – I think Arkansas might just pull it off.
Ingram will tear off some yardage!  Arkansas starts off like they finished with Georgia, 1st down passes in front of bama's secondary, keeping control of the ball game. 

This could be the perfect storm – an overrated #1 ranked team, with an inexperienced secondary, playing a sharp shooter QB.  Mallet vaults to the top of the Heisman Trophy Race by shredding Bama's Secondary.  Arkansas has a break out game and finds itself in the National Spot Light!

Ken Griffey Jr.

Smithian, your camping out thread on Hogville is awesome.  I can't believe how many tents they have out there already, that's crazy.

powerlifter90

September 23, 2010, 09:13:40 am #110 Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 03:41:28 pm by BUGEATERS
I love the fan enthusiasm leading up to this game, perhaps the biggest game for the Hogs in 30 years.  This is what BIG TIME college football is like every weekend with most opponents, this is what Hog fans need to do to help their program reach that upper level, to be top tier.  If............ If.......... the Hogs lose, even if they get blown out the fans need to keep coming, they need to keep camping out, they need to act like this each and every week the Hogs play in F-ville or LR.  If YOU want your program to be mentioned week in-week out, year in-year out with programs like BAMA, Michigan, tOSU, Nebr, Texas, Florida, PSU etc it needs to start with the fan base and the fans need to keep this type of enthusiasm for their team.  I've lived here 26 years and one of my biggest issues with Hog fans is their support or lack there of.  Oh they can talk on the radio, on chat boards, but when it actually comes down to what a college football fan is supposed to do, show up for the games and make it louder than a flight deck at scramble, they aren't there.  I know someone will come on here and talk about selling tickets, but there is more to it than that.  You have to be there for YOUR team every week, no-matter if you are playing the #1 team in the nation or Vandy.  I applaud you Hog fans, you showed up this week, now keep it up next week, next season, and forever.  Nothing better than a sold out, rockin stadium to show your team how you feel about them.

AirWarren

RHS

Quote from: BUGEATERS on September 23, 2010, 09:13:40 am
I love the fan enthusiasm leading up to this game, perhaps the biggest game for the Hogs in 30 years.  This is what BIG TIME college football is like every weekend with most opponents, this is what Hog fans need to do to help their program reach that upper level, to be top tier.  If............ If.......... the Hogs lose, even if they get blown out the fans need to keep coming, they need to keep camping out, they need to act like this each and every week the Hogs play in F-ville or LR.  If YOU want your program to be mentioned week in-week out, year in-year out with programs like BAMA, Michigan, tOSU, Nebr, Texas, Florida, PSU etc it needs to start with the fan base and the fans need to keep this type of enthusiasm for their team.  I've lived here 26 years and one of my biggest issues with Hog fans is their support or lack there of.  Oh they can talk on the radio, on chat boards, but when it actually comes down to what a college football fan is supposed to do, show up for the games and make it louder than a flight deck at scramble, they aren't there.  I know someone will come on here and talk about selling tickets, but there is more to it than that.  You have to be there for YOUR team every week, no-matter if you are playing the #1 team in the nation or Vandy.  I applaud you Hog fans, you showed up this week, now keep it up next week, next season, and forever.  Nothing better than a sold out, rockin stadium to show your team how you feel about them.

100% agreement. Wish I could have gotten off work.

Earl is my Hero!!

Captain General

Bama is favored 7.5 to 1....
I am sure gonna hate seeing all the disappointed people who had money on Bama :)

Hoghead

"LOUDER THAN A FLIGHT DECK AT SCRAMBLE" !!!!! That made this old flight deck Chief blood curl ! Great Post Bugs !   Hogs Win !!!!!! Bama Is going down !!!

DerekOxford

Smithian,

What's the word on how they're doing this on Saturday? I heard that the line's going to start at 6 a.m.? Are they going to end up turning students away? What about the students with the access pass?

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: DerekOxford on September 23, 2010, 11:31:53 pm
Smithian,

What's the word on how they're doing this on Saturday? I heard that the line's going to start at 6 a.m.? Are they going to end up turning students away? What about the students with the access pass?
Students with access pass are suppose to be guaranteed a seat. From my understanding, they have a certain amount of student passes they are allotted. They gave everyone a chance to buy the access pass. So say there are 10,000 student tickets available, and 5,000 bought access passes, than only 5,000 more single game tickets were sold to make the 10,000 seats available. That is the impression I am under at least.

I was going to go down there and get in line around 8, but I came across some free tickets that I am going to use instead of waiting in line. There are probably over 100 tents down there, and I know a ton of people that are saying they are going to go down and just get in line with the people they know that have tents. I figure if you don't get down there by 7 or 8 than you will be upper deck. My seats are upper deck 50 yard line, so I decided it would be better to show up an hour before the game and have upper deck 50 yard line seats rather than show up 7 hours before the game and possibly get stuck with goal line upper deck seats.

Valleysports

Quote from: Valleysports on September 23, 2010, 05:20:10 am
This could be the perfect storm – an overrated #1 ranked team, with an inexperienced secondary, playing against a sharp shooter QB.  Mallet vaults to the top of the Heisman Trophy Race by shredding Bama's Secondary.  Arkansas has a break out game and finds itself in the National Spot Light!

I love the fan enthusiasm leading up to this game, perhaps the biggest game for the Hogs in 30 years.  This is what BIG TIME college football is like every weekend with most opponents, this is what Hog fans need to do to help their program reach that upper level, to be top tier.  If............ If..........

Great Post Bugs!  However .... don't nobody get mad ..... I'm not a Hog Fan yet!
I've been looking at this and well first of all Bama wouldn't be # 1 if Colt hadn't have gotten hurt last year – Wooo Pig Sooeee – and that secondary isn't near as good as the one they had last year.  Mallet should have a huge passing game!  I'm not confident about ya'lls no-wrap tackling skills, but maybe ya'll can slow them down. Lord if it comes down to an Arkansas Field Goal, please be with Zach and his family in their moment of eternity. This is going to happen – I'm not saying Hogs will be National Champions!  Wooo Pig Sooee!

If the Hogs win, this game, I'll put my roots behind me (forgive me Earl) and send in a membership request form to Hogville!

It's funny – coworkers with me tonight – are Florida St, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah Ute, and an Oregon Duck, they are all pulling for Arkansas.  We've got big plans with Shrimp and Near Beer in the Conference Room.  Of course I just asked the 60 yr old, wearing his Sooner Hat, who Oklahoma's Rival is and he said ......... haha where's that rivalry discussion?

PS – how do ya'll spell Wooo Pig Sooeee?

gatecrasher

September 24, 2010, 07:16:19 am #121 Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:21:11 am by gatecrasher
I beg to differ:
Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson had 225 yds and 4 touchdowns on the ground between them.

The Whorns couldn't stop the run. They had 7, 8 in the box a lot of the time and still couldn't stop them.  I'm tired of hearing about how Colt McCoy getting hurt was THE reason Texas lost. They lost because Alabama gashed them on the ground. Gilbert Garrett played well in the 2nd half, once he got into the game.

Texas lost because they played a real team.

And even had Texas won, Alabama would still have been voted preseason #1. Where you begin this season has zero to do with where you ended last season. The Hogs were unranked at the end of last season. They opened 17th this season.

Valleysports

"I'm tired of hearing about how Colt McCoy getting hurt was THE reason Texas lost".

Texas losing their QB, certainly didn't help them.  ::)
Be kinda like El Dorado without Taylor Reed!

Ex-HAplayer

Would've,  should've, could've...this is football my goodness. He got hurt and they lost. Just give them (Bama) props on being winners. They were losing when Colt got hurt and Texas still came back and had a chance. Wow, we have two great teams playing this weekend and we are still talking about Colt Mccoy.

HA_Fan

Quote from: Valleysports on September 24, 2010, 02:32:47 am
I've been looking at this and well first of all Bama wouldn't be # 1 if Colt hadn't have gotten hurt last year

Texas wouldn't have been in the championship game if Bradford hadn't gotten hurt last year.

Injuries happen.  It's part of the game.

DerekOxford

Yeah definitely man, you for sure took the smart route on that.

Thanks for that info though, it's going to suck getting down there that early but it's worth it for this game.

Bondfan4ever

Has anyone seen the CBS announcing crew, Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson around Fayetteville?  I'm curious as to what they'll be thinking about this atmosphere they're going to see tomorrow?  I haven't been this pumped for a Razorback game since probably the LSU game of 2006.

ricepig

Verne thinks he's in Alaska or Arizona, someone will have to wake him up and tell him different. Golf is about the only sport that hasn't passed him by, it moves too slow.

Ken Griffey Jr.

Got my ticket yesterday.  Someone sold me one for $45 in section 105, row 7

Wahls

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 24, 2010, 07:16:19 am
The Whorns couldn't stop the run. They had 7, 8 in the box a lot of the time and still couldn't stop them.  I'm tired of hearing about how Colt McCoy getting hurt was THE reason Texas lost. They lost because Alabama gashed them on the ground. Gilbert Garrett played well in the 2nd half, once he got into the game.

The Horns defensive line was getting caved in so bad. They weren't getting into the holes. The Crimson Tide was the better team that night.

razorbacks82007

Father, who art in Fayetteville. Football be thy name.The Mighty Tide
Fall. Thy Hogs be called. On Earth as they are in Heaven.Give
Richardson cramps. And have Greg Childs catch touchdown passes. As Julio
Jones drops passes against us.And Let Mallet not throw interceptions.
...But deliver us from Saban.For ours is the d...ay. The win an...d the glory. For ever and ever....Amen. PIG FREAKIN SOOIE

redwolf143

I'm not a Hog Fan yet!
I've been looking at this and well first of all Bama wouldn't be # 1 if Colt hadn't have gotten hurt last year

you are correct sir. 

redwolf143

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on September 24, 2010, 09:54:47 am

Texas wouldn't have been in the championship game if Bradford hadn't gotten hurt last year.

What was Bradford's record against Texas again???  Hmmm looks like 1-3...

HA_Fan

Quote from: redwolf143 on September 24, 2010, 12:20:01 pm

Actually it was 1-1.  Bradford played in the 2007 & 2008 games.  He threw for over 600 yards with 8 touchdowns.  Jones had 1 TD pass last year. 

Yeah, Bradford's absence made no difference at all, but Colt's is the only reason Alabama won.

redwolf143

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on September 24, 2010, 12:33:06 pm

Actually it was 1-1.  Bradford played in the 2007 & 2008 games.  He threw for over 600 yards with 8 touchdowns.  Jones had 1 TD pass last year. 

Yeah, Bradford's absence made no difference at all, but Colt's is the only reason Alabama won.

Did I say that??? Alabama was loosing when Colt got hurt, thus making it a justifiable argument  that they would have continued to loose.  What I said was that the absence of Bradford was less of an impact on the game than the loss of Colt was. 

HA_Fan

Quote from: redwolf143 on September 24, 2010, 12:39:07 pm
Did I say that???

Sure looks like it.

Quote from: redwolf143 on September 24, 2010, 12:09:04 pm

you are correct sir. 

Quote from: redwolf143 on September 24, 2010, 12:39:07 pm
What I said was that the absence of Bradford was less of an impact on the game than the loss of Colt was. 

Actually, you didn't say that, but it could be an interesting discussion.  I have a hard time thinking that Bradford would not account for at least 1 more touchdown which would have meant an Oklahoma win and no Texas in the BCS game.

The only thing that might have made it less of an impact for Oklahoma is the time they had to prepare.  Still, losing the previous year's Heisman winner is a huge blow (unless you're the undeserving #1 team dismantling Penn State without the previous year's Heisman winner being available).

Alabama's style of play completely changed as soon as Colt left the game.  It probably impacted the way the game played out but not the final result.

powerlifter90

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on September 24, 2010, 09:54:47 am
I’ve been looking at this and well first of all Bama wouldn’t be # 1 if Colt hadn’t have gotten hurt last year

Neither Texas OR OU would have been in the NC game if Taylor Martinez was NU's QB last year.

ricepig

Wampus_Cat

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on September 24, 2010, 12:33:06 pm

Nice signature.

Why are you being "Watched"? Is that because of a distaste for QF?

Oh and Red, stop spelling "losing" wrong. It reflects poorly on a doctoral student.

Wahls

It wasn't like Texas was dominating the game with Colt in... I don't get the logic that he would have changed the game when he wasn't to begin with.

They were losing when he got hurt you know.

HA_Fan

Quote from: BUGEATERS on September 24, 2010, 01:04:24 pm
Neither Texas OR OU would have been in the NC game if Taylor Martinez was NU's QB last year.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I agree with you.   ;D

Quote from: Women Without Whiskey 7/6 on September 24, 2010, 01:27:31 pm
Why are you being "Watched"?

Long story, but I think it has been resolved.

Honestly, anyone with good sense should be watching my posts (and taking notes).  :)

redwolf143

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on September 24, 2010, 01:49:21 pm

Your right, they were losing 0-0 .  He was injured on Texas' first drive on the Bama 11...

Wahls

Quote from: redwolf143 on September 24, 2010, 02:39:09 pm

Your right, they were losing 0-0 .  He was injured on Texas' first drive on the Bama 11...

Ah mah bad. I thought it was 7-6. I guess it makes more sense then.

hb14lh

This vid is of the students camping out....it was posted on Hogville and thought some of yall might like to see...oh yeah, this was as of two days ago! They say its a mile long now.

powerlifter90

Quote from: hb14lh on September 24, 2010, 04:26:43 pm
This vid is of the students camping out....it was posted on Hogville and thought some of yall might like to see...oh yeah, this was as of two days ago! They say its a mile long now.

that is awesome............. I applaud them.

Valleysports

It wasn't like Texas was dominating the game with Colt in... I don't get the logic that he would have changed the game when he wasn't to begin with.

You Clowns!  haha my point wasn't to get in a pissin contest over Texas/Alabama or Colt/Bradford  ;D
I was trying to make a point that, I don't think, Alabama is a #1 team and that plays right in to the perfect storm for Arkansas.  They have weaknesses that will be exposed in the game (you hope) and probably other games.  If the name Texas is put anywhere in a post - you people lose all sense of reality.  Being stupid is not the same as being loyal!

Now, since ya'll brought it up, Colt was driving up Alabama's rear - BIG TIME - before he got hurt.  Texas was making it look like a definite miss match.  Of course Alabama might've caught on after a few series - but all we know for sure is that Texas ripped off yardage with NO Resistance until Colt got hurt.  Showband there is no need to get on here and just totally say something false.  Sorry I sidelined the thread by mentioning Colt.

I'm excited about Arkansas vs Alabama!!!!!!!!!

Ex-HAplayer

Yeah its called momentum...has nothing to do with being mismatched and you couldn't tell that by the first couple of minutes anyway. As someone said earlier the score was 0-0 when Colt got hurt.

Valleysports

Ex-HAplayer

About as brilliant as your claim that alabama isn't a true number 1 team. Smh

powerlifter90

BAMA is the "#1 team" ................ whether or not they are the "best team" is debatable

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas