• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kirby vs ICC

Started by BannerChaser95, March 01, 2018, 05:40:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

March 01, 2018, 05:40:56 pm Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:59:20 pm by BannerChaser95
Who you guys got tomorrow? 35-3 versus 35-3, Max Preps #1 & #2

Lujk246

baller334

Ba$ketballFan54321

1Lurker

Moonshiner

1Lurker

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 01, 2018, 08:57:10 pm
I'll take that one. How much $$?
Oops.. guess i was reading all these post and thought this was the wishful thinking thread! ICC is a mismatch for Kirby. ICC in a close one!

Moonshiner

Quote from: 1Lurker on March 01, 2018, 09:02:13 pm
Oops.. guess i was reading all these post and thought this was the wishful thinking thread! ICC is a mismatch for Kirby. ICC in a close one!

I.C.C. Is a mismatch for Kirby.  But Kirby defends the post well and shoots the three well.  I think this will be a good game. Did Kirby use up all their shots against Omaha?  Can I.C.C. Defend well enough to win against a potent Kirby offense? 
I've got Kirby by 6

BannerChaser95

Are we saying ICC is a miss match for Kirby because of cooper? No one in the state tournament matches up with cooper 100%. But ICC's 3-7th best players don't match up with Kirby's.. it'll be a good game

D6Bound

March 01, 2018, 10:10:27 pm #9 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:13:03 pm by D6Bound
This is the Warriors-Cavs matchup...Kirby who plays together and through each other (Warriors) and ICC who plays through two great players who open the game up for the rest (Cavaliers). WHO SHALL PREVAIL

Moonshiner

I'm saying that Kirby is the better team.  I.C.C. Has the two best players.  Cooper is NOT the only player I.C.C. has. Faulkner is a 6'2" guard that has as good of a jumper as Smith does from Kirby.
This has the potential to be a very good game.  Personally, I think this is the championship game.

D6Bound

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 01, 2018, 10:22:10 pm
I'm saying that Kirby is the better team.  I.C.C. Has the two best players.  Cooper is NOT the only player I.C.C. has. Faulkner is a 6'2" guard that has as good of a jumper as Smith does from Kirby.
This has the potential to be a very good game.  Personally, I think this is the championship game.
ICC has more than just those two, scoring wise those two do stand out but people don't give the other post player (heavy set kid) and their point guard enough credit. For a big kid, that other post player is one of the most athletic kids I've ever seen and the PG is the best perimeter defender in 1A.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 01, 2018, 10:22:10 pm
The view I got from the game was Cooper makes Faulkner look good. As in he draws off the best defender and Faulkner makes teams pay. I think going triangle an 2 would be a mistake though. Leaves the other 3 to open, but go box on cooper and you make that extra free defender playing zone always know where Faulkner is and get out on shooters.

I'll leave this with you for thought, personally I think who leads the rebounds wins the game. Second chance points will be far and few between, person with the most 2nd chances wins.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: D6Bound on March 01, 2018, 10:26:13 pm
ICC has more than just those two, scoring wise those two do stand out but people don't give the other post player (heavy set kid) and their point guard enough credit. For a big kid, that other post player is one of the most athletic kids I've ever seen and the PG is the best perimeter defender in 1A.
D6blund maybe it was just the game I saw them play.  But the other 3 starters and and first 2 off  bench were average at best....role players who hit shots with closest defender 10 feet from them. It's Faulkner/Cooper VS Smith/Cimino/Gather

D6Bound

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 01, 2018, 10:34:15 pm
D6blund maybe it was just the game I saw them play.  But the other 3 starters and and first 2 off  bench were average at best....role players who hit shots with closest defender 10 feet from them. It's Faulkner/Cooper VS Smith/Cimino/Gather
The others don't really look to score unless it's a wide open bucket. But the things they do on the defensive end and offense off the ball is widely overlooked. Scoring isn't everything.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: D6Bound on March 01, 2018, 10:36:14 pm
The others don't really look to score unless it's a wide open bucket. But the things they do on the defensive end and offense off the ball is widely overlooked. Scoring isn't everything.
.. so they're role players..? I just wanna make sure we're agreeing on the same thing? They're good role players but that's about it..

Moonshiner

Quote from: D6Bound on March 01, 2018, 10:36:14 pm

Very true...and I.C.C. Recruits better than it defends so.....

D6Bound

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 01, 2018, 10:45:57 pm
LETS GET THE FBI ON THE PHONE

Moonshiner

D6Bound

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 01, 2018, 10:48:01 pm
Not that Kirby doesn't
When's the last time a boys team has won state and didn't have recruits  ::)

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: D6Bound on March 01, 2018, 10:51:51 pm
When's the last time a boys team has won state and didn't have recruits  ::)
take out the recruits and it would be every year LOL

1Lurker

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 01, 2018, 10:45:57 pm

Lol. Does anyone talk about the kids that leave icc for melbourne or highland or other local schools? What about the students they get because they are a good school that heavily supports its FFA, quiz bowl, shooting sports, volleyball, bowling, chess, etc? Every now and then they get a decent ball player through their foreign exchange program, what about the dozens of others that come through that program that dont play ball. No, no one talks about those. They just care when the ball team benefits. Dont have to "recruit" when you're a good school. Kids want to go there.

D6Bound

March 01, 2018, 10:59:05 pm #22 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 11:13:07 pm by D6Bound
Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 01, 2018, 10:55:31 pm
take out the recruits and it would be every year LOL

Moonshiner

Quote from: 1Lurker on March 01, 2018, 10:58:36 pm
Lol. Does anyone talk about the kids that leave icc for melbourne or highland or other local schools? What about the students they get because they are a good school that heavily supports its FFA, quiz bowl, shooting sports, volleyball, bowling, chess, etc? Every now and then they get a decent ball player through their foreign exchange program, what about the dozens of others that come through that program that dont play ball. No, no one talks about those. They just care when the ball team benefits. Dont have to "recruit" when you're a good school. Kids want to go there.

Ain't nobody changing schools for FFA or Chess!!! WTH you talking about??
ICC and Kirby both get ballers.  As Does Guy.  That's why every year they are in the mix.  Honest folk have to get lucky.

dawgs

March 01, 2018, 11:14:54 pm #24 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 11:18:53 pm by dawgs
ICC will beat Kirby
Kirby gets to state often they just always get bounced. 
ICC brings home another SHIP

1Lurker

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 01, 2018, 11:09:32 pm
Ain't nobody changing schools for FFA or Chess!!! WTH you talking about??
ICC and Kirby both get ballers.  As Does Guy.  That's why every year they are in the mix.  Honest folk have to get lucky.

Lol

Hogs2018

Woodrow1

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 01, 2018, 10:31:46 pm
The view I got from the game was Cooper makes Faulkner look good. As in he draws off the best defender and Faulkner makes teams pay. I think going triangle an 2 would be a mistake though. Leaves the other 3 to open, but go box on cooper and you make that extra free defender playing zone always know where Faulkner is and get out on shooters.

Calico Rock has junked them 3 times. Never beat them, but was in the game, and it gave them problems.

I'll leave this with you for thought, personally I think who leads the rebounds wins the game. Second chance points will be far and few between, person with the most 2nd chances wins.

jsw6f0

I think Kirby will win this one myself. I keep hearing about this Cooper kid. How big is he? I haven't been able to see him play but sounds like a solid player. From the sound of it if either of the fans talk about recruiting it's the pot calling the kettle black.😁.

eamo8911

Quote from: D6Bound on March 01, 2018, 10:26:13 pm

Uecker

eamo8911

Don't like recruiting?  Lobby to your local representative and senator to get rid of school choice.

D6Bound

March 02, 2018, 09:55:38 am #31 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 09:58:49 am by D6Bound
Waaaa recruiting so bad! Let's complain about it every day like it's gonna change anything! Get better sporting facilities to make kids want to go to your school. Advice to all whiners.

D6Bound

Quote from: eamo8911 on March 02, 2018, 09:21:40 am
Uecker
yezzir. Love the crowd reaction when he makes a crazy good move. Nobody expects it from him lol

1Lurker

Think we've got some people bad underestimating the level this team can play at. This could be fun.

yesteryearman

Quote from: 1Lurker on March 02, 2018, 10:17:08 am
Think we've got some people bad underestimating the level this team can play at. This could be fun.

Like I said, I have not seen ICC this year........my take on them is from two years ago when the tournament was at ICC.......ICC had one very, very good player and several others who were very capable....I watched them play I think it was Western Grove, and Western Grove was very disciplined, well coached and beat ICC pretty easily.  ICC had much more size and talent, but got behind, got frustrated and fell apart...I think ICC still has same coach and this game against Kirby just sounds a lot like that game.......look for Kirby to pick them apart......Kirby by 17, only because Kirby pulls back late to save legs for Sat.

1Lurker

Sounds like youve got it figured out then. Good luck.

D6Bound

After careful analytics from me and Shattered Backboard we're gonna guess ICC by 2, and the final score to be 49-47

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: D6Bound on March 02, 2018, 04:06:35 pm
After careful analytics from me and Shattered Backboard we're gonna guess ICC by 2, and the final score to be 49-47
D6 I totally agree

dawgs

Kirby fills the message boards up but they never finish it in the floor!!!!

eamo8911

If ICC ends up winning it all, and I do mean if, I see the potential for a dynasty. Faulkner is a freshman, Cooper is a sophomore, and Uecker is a junior. And ICC has won the junior high District the last two years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas