• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Baseball 2018

Started by WPWells, January 02, 2018, 11:40:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

Arkansas 13
Carolina 2
End 5th
Time for Carolina to start warming up the bus!!!

bulldoghistorian

bigworm

What a difference a day can make. WPS!!!! OMAHOGS!!!!

bulldoghistorian

Cole solo shot!!!
94th homer of the season for the Hogs, a school record!!!

sportsguy80

Omahogs!!!Bring on the longhorns.

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Our last 4 trips to Omaha have been in 3 year intervals

bulldoghistorian

This could be the year that we finally win it all!!

AirWarren

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 12, 2018, 12:26:36 am
This could be the year that we finally win it all!!

Texas....we meet again.

WPWells

Remember that time when everyone was so down about how this was typical of the Razorbacks? Look who isn't around now...

AirWarren

Quote from: WPWells on June 12, 2018, 09:33:58 am
Remember that time when everyone was so down about how this was typical of the Razorbacks? Look who isn't around now...

It's not that everyone was down on them...just some know how to suppress their emotions better than others. While Arkansas is a baseball school and a national power(something to be proud of)...we have seen this same song and dance before. Tremendous uplift that usually turns to tremendous defeat.

With that said, the hogs have as good as shot as anyone to win the title this year.

WPWells

I've got my tickets bought and hotels booked. I'll be there for the Sunday and Tuesday games

beach bum

June 12, 2018, 10:11:45 pm #812 Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:20:18 pm by beach bum
Quote from: WPWells on June 12, 2018, 09:33:58 am

They finally quit losing so many close games the latter part the season which is what seemed like was happening early on and kept biting us before they gelled as a collective unit. I swear the first part of the year if the game was tight it felt like we lost most of those affairs... And the errors & mistakes quit coming with the same flow that were also biting them early on. That seemed to free up the team all around when all that was cleaned up the confidence finally seemed to come out after that..... That really turned the season around when all that change happened cause honestly we would not have reached this far had that switch not been turned. The first half of the year was not a top 5 team we watched or even quite a top 10 team. Recently, you have seen a team that is top 2 or 3 for sure in this form.

Trojanbird

Quote from: beach bum on June 12, 2018, 10:11:45 pm
They finally quit losing so many close games the latter part the season which is what seemed like was happening early on and kept biting us before they gelled as a collective unit. I swear the first part of the year if the game was tight it felt like we lost most of those affairs... And the errors & mistakes quit coming with the same flow that were also biting them early on. That seemed to free up the team all around when all that was cleaned up the confidence finally seemed to come out after that..... That really turned the season around when all that change happened cause honestly we would not have reached this far had that switch not been turned. The first half of the year was not a top 5 team we watched or even quite a top 10 team. Recently, you have seen a team that is top 2 or 3 for sure in this form.
Well said bb!  No room for those old mistakes now.  If we play clean ball we are dangerous match up for anyone.

beach bum

I think one could argue us and Oregon State are playing better than anyone lately out of the 8 teams there.... Oregon State is rolling right now and seem to be playing with a chip after their debacle last year. Our team is peaking just at the right time.

Trojanbird

Granted we get a week off, but our pitching staff should be well rested and ready to roll!

bigworm

I was one of the "typical hogs" posters.but i also said if we were lucky enough to get a national seed, we would more than likely make it to omaha. I think we have a great shot at it. Im not gonna hold my breath but i think we can get it done. Will we? Depends on which hogs make the trip to Omaha. Go Hogs!!

sportsguy80

Well said fellas. This CWS is loaded with very good teams that are playing their best baseball including the hogs. I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple games go extra innings. Also, we've faced and defeated some of these teams which is a plus heading in.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: sportsguy80 on June 13, 2018, 06:50:45 pm
Well said fellas. This CWS is loaded with very good teams that are playing their best baseball including the hogs. I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple games go extra innings. Also, we've faced and defeated some of these teams which is a plus heading in.
Yes, we're a combined 5-2 against the other teams on our side, which I agree, is certainly a plus.
Swept Texas in a 2 game midweek series
Won the only game against Tech
Went 2-2 against Florida
Also, the Texas schools haven't seen our weekend starters.

bulldoghistorian

bigworm

bigworm

Blain doin his part. The O has got to get goin. We should have bunted biggers to score gates. 5th inning is when we get rollin. Wont be long now.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: bigworm on June 17, 2018, 02:31:53 pm
Blain doin his part. The O has got to get goin. We should have bunted biggers to score gates. 5th inning is when we get rollin. Wont be long now.
Time to get going!

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

1st home run of this year's CWS is a 2 run shot by Bonfield with 2 out!!!
3-2 Hogs after 5!!!

AirWarren

bulldoghistorian

B 6th: Shaddy and Gates with back to back hits

bulldoghistorian

Bases loaded walk to make it 4-2

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Still lightning in the area

bigworm

Radar looks like its all outside of 8 miles from stadium. Any moevment in the park to ready for play?

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: bigworm on June 17, 2018, 05:19:55 pm
Radar looks like its all outside of 8 miles from stadium. Any moevment in the park to ready for play?
Resuming At 6:15 on ESPN2.

bulldoghistorian

1st pitch of the restart is a base hit for Martin to make it 6-2

bulldoghistorian

Kjerstad rbi to make it 8-2

bulldoghistorian

Bonfield hit by pitch
Loaded again

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

June 17, 2018, 06:28:35 pm #837 Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 06:36:58 pm by bulldoghistorian
Shaddy!!!
11-2

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Martin gets the bottom of the 7th started with a hit

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bigworm

bulldoghistorian

Looking like we may be playing Tech Tuesday night!

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 17, 2018, 10:52:19 pm
Looking like we may be playing Tech Tuesday night!
And indeed that is the case at 6 Tuesday night on ESPN.
Win and we're in awesome shape to make it to the championship series!

bulldoghistorian

Cole and Martin back to back hits and we're under way

bulldoghistorian

Dropped fly ball!!!
2 runs score with 2 out on a double for Fletcher!!

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Murphy out of a jam!
Arkansas 2
Tech 0
End 1st

bulldoghistorian

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas