• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mitch/Gus Thread Heap All new thread will end up here.

Started by RGP, January 14, 2007, 11:24:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you believe is the closest factual reason for Gus's departure?

Gus & Houston just didn't get along
10 (10.5%)
Gus is simply climbing(though debatable) the ladder
7 (7.4%)
Houston "misrepresented" to Gus his responsiblities
25 (26.3%)
Gus was told the truth, but failed to impact like he wanted
5 (5.3%)
Houston fired Gus
3 (3.2%)
It just wasn't going to work, differences to significant
13 (13.7%)
Houston is completely at fault
32 (33.7%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: January 25, 2007, 02:53:24 pm

gameoflife

Isn't he in the NFL? or did he leave there already?

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: infinity41 on January 15, 2007, 12:35:24 pm
Where does David Lee coach right now?

Was with the Cowboys this past season..looks to be at Arkansas now....

T-Wacker

Quote from: endrun on January 15, 2007, 12:20:58 pm
Hey it's Tulsa, way down the list on the school of major football schools. 
I have to take a look at strength of schedule and see how many high school teams Tulsa is playing.

It worked for Boise State, Louisville, Rutgers, and WV. They all played high school schedules and two of them played in the BCS, AHEAD of Arkansas!

RisonRacingFan

If I recall correctly..in the book "Year Of The Dog" Gus told the players he would be here at least 3 years....now..people were griping saying Nutt lied to the players and he was a bad bad man and a liar for doing so..well..since Gus told the players that..and now has bailed..what does that make Gus?

Oh..Oh...I already know..you all will spin this into "Gus wasnt getting to call the plays yada yada yada and will do better yada yada yada in a weak conference.

gameoflife

Yeah, but is Tulsa going to win 10 games or more?   Like I said if they do, I'll congratulate em.  If they do not are you going to lay blame on Gus?   He is being hired as OC by a head coach who is an acknowledged defensive guy, so Gus may have free reign and no one to blame if it goes to crap.  Will you acknowledge that?

zebradynasty

Well, well, well how the mighty have fallen! I believe just yesterday I posted the first coach needing to leave would be Gus. It was obvious that Gus was only hired to get the recruits. For everyone to act like he is getting shafted is funny! He knew he was not going to run his offense when he came here and he should have been the one that told the springdale kids this isn't game prep for Prescott!! Nutt and Frank run the the show! Nutt gets the blame as some god awful liar but really who do you think MM signed to play for Nutt or Gus? So who do you think lied to get him to sign? Gus new dammm well he was not ever going to run the spread with two all american running backs and a senior dominated offensive line. Surely a man that many believe is smart enough to have hung the moon knew that! Especially since I never saw one quote from Nutt saying UA would be a spread team.

Not only is this not the apocalypse a new a brighter day is shinning one not influence by a few select individuals from Springdale and the Hogs big time boosters. The situation was about to get out of control like at Alabama. Had it been Nutt's decision he would have NEVER hired Gus. If MM transfers let him but it is sure strange that a kid that had Notre Dame and Florida and others wanting him ends up at Tulsa! For those who say Florida won the Championship running Gus offense...BULL. Florida won because they had superior talent! They could have ran the wishbone and still beat Ohio by 14! Oh I guess their defense was OK! ::)

gameoflife

Quote from: Rison Tradition on January 15, 2007, 12:42:06 pm
If I recall correctly..in the book "Year Of The Dog" Gus told the players he would be here at least 3 years....now..people were griping saying Nutt lied to the players and he was a bad bad man and a liar for doing so..well..since Gus told the players that..and now has bailed..what does that make Gus?

Oh..Oh...I already know..you all will spin this into "Gus wasnt getting to call the plays yada yada yada and will do better yada yada yada in a weak conference.

Got to agree here.

Majique™

10/03/06 vs. Southern Miss *  Tulsa, Okla. W, 20-6
10/14/06 at East Carolina * Greenville, N.C. W, 31-10
10/21/06 at Memphis *  Memphis, Tenn. W, 35-14
10/27/06 vs. UTEP *  Tulsa, Okla. W, 30-20
11/04/06 at Houston *  Houston, Texas L, 27-10
11/11/06 vs. Rice * Tulsa, Okla. L, 41-38 (2OT)
11/18/06 at SMU * Dallas, Texas L, 34-24
11/24/06 vs. Tulane * Tulsa, Okla. W, 38-3

That's Tulsa's conference schedule.  Notice the 2OT loss vs Rice...where Tulsa's new HC was HC in 06.

Majique™

I'm sure had Gus been told he wouldn't have total control of the offensive play calling he wouldn't have made the "3 year" statement, much less, come to Arkansas to begin with.

infinity41

Maybe things were as good as our ole boy Nutt made them out to be- he said in several interviews that things were great and you don't go 10-4 if your coaches don't get along, but......... Malzahn is gone, Woods would have been gone if he got the job at NC, we will see

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: Majique™ on January 15, 2007, 12:47:10 pm
I'm sure had Gus been told he wouldn't have total control of the offensive play calling he wouldn't have made the "3 year" statement, much less, come to Arkansas to begin with.

OK..then he is STILL a liar..I mean..you all say he didnt have control of the offense..yet he said he had control of it and was the one calling the plays...and it was obvious in the Bowl game especially..like said above..we didnt have a decent QB or receiver corps..we HAD to use DMAC and Jones...either way..Gus is a liar.

invictus

Like the three Springdale whiners, he was overrated. It won't be hard to replace him with quality, especially when we have the best RB in the country. Now, if he will just take Mustain and Cleveland with him, we might have peace on the team. McFadden IS a prima donna but doesn't act like one. Mustain and Cleveland just act like one.

Majique™

Quote from: Rison Tradition on January 15, 2007, 12:48:56 pm
Quote from: Majique™ on January 15, 2007, 12:47:10 pm

yet he said he had control of it and was the one calling the plays
Ah, the ol' "coach's speak".  Guess he'll get bashed for trying to take some of the heat off the head coach.

T-Wacker

Quote from: invictus on January 15, 2007, 12:50:20 pm
Like the three Springdale whiners, he was overrated. It won't be hard to replace him with quality, especially when we have the best RB in the country. Now, if he will just take Mustain and Cleveland with him, we might have peace on the team. McFadden IS a prima donna but doesn't act like one. Mustain and Cleveland just act like one.

You would think some of you would learn a lesson! What if Tulsa turns into the next Boise State? Will all of you disappear and never admit that you were wrong about Gus? I remember the majority of you Einsteins on here stating that DMac would never play running back at Arkansas, maybe in the secondary. Remember that? It is obvious that few of the posters on here really understand football on the level of Gus or even Nutt (myself included). So why make an butt out of yourself and make statements about whether someone will succeed of fail? He has been considerably successful at every level, except maybe at Arkansas (under Nutt!), so chances are, he will be successful at Tulsa. Best to wait and see.

olddog79

IMO, Gus sees this Tulsa job as next the next stepping stone to a BIG D-1 job.
I doubt that he stays very long. He plans on being the next Steve Spurrier and will do WHATEVER it takes to get there.

I'm not a big fan of him personally...but I believe he will be successful wherever he goes.

Arkansas' loss...Tulsa's gain.   Spin it anyway you want, but this isn't going to help our program.

7AFBFAN

I think it is ridiculous to blame anyone for this decision other than Gus just like it was with Damian Williams. Did Houston Nutt or Frank Broyles owe something to Gus more than he received? He was a HIGH SCHOOL football coach and given the opportunity to coach at a Division I university. If anyone watched the bowl game it was obvious Gus was calling the plays. I dont care if it was from a selection sheet with 3 plays. He obviously was calling the plays. With that in mind it was a poor selection of play calling. During the bowl game we did not run the wildcat offense during the first half, we did not utilize a swing pass out of the backfield, and we did not find a way to get the ball to our best receiver. Some of the Springdale geniuses will have to refresh my memory but isnt that a by product of Gus's offense? All of the ones putting the blame on Nutt 100% are you saying that Gus could not run these three plays in the first half of the bowl game? We ran the wildcat all year and it would be bizarre if all of a sudden Nutt pulled it off the play book. Personally I wish Gus the best luck and hope he finds happiness wherever he goes. I also think it is a major mistake and one that he will look back on in regret for time to come.    

Footballer

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on January 15, 2007, 01:06:28 pm
I think it is ridiculous to blame anyone for this decision other than Gus just like it was with Damian Williams. Did Houston Nutt or Frank Broyles owe something to Gus more than he received? He was a HIGH SCHOOL football coach and given the opportunity to coach at a Division I university. If anyone watched the bowl game it was obvious Gus was calling the plays. I dont care if it was from a selection sheet with 3 plays. He obviously was calling the plays. With that in mind it was a poor selection of play calling. During the bowl game we did not run the wildcat offense during the first half, we did not utilize a swing pass out of the backfield, and we did not find a way to get the ball to our best receiver. Some of the Springdale geniuses will have to refresh my memory but isnt that a by product of Gus's offense? All of the ones putting the blame on Nutt 100% are you saying that Gus could not run these three plays in the first half of the bowl game? We ran the wildcat all year and it would be bizarre if all of a sudden Nutt pulled it off the play book. Personally I wish Gus the best luck and hope he finds happiness wherever he goes. I also think it is a major mistake and one that he will look back on in regret for time to come.    

He was calling pre-approved plays.

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: Footballer on January 15, 2007, 01:09:09 pm

Can you PROVE that..dont give me speculation..give me PROOF.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: Rison Tradition on January 15, 2007, 01:15:41 pm
Quote from: Footballer on January 15, 2007, 01:09:09 pm

Can you PROVE that..dont give me speculation..give me PROOF.
Yea, I am tired of this being said too. Malzahn may not have had as much control as he wanted, but he did call most of the plays. He had enough control over this offense.

ARKANSAS

Quote from: endrun on January 15, 2007, 12:10:53 pm
I'm willing to bet that UA has a better record and gets a better bowl bid next season than Tulsa.  
You're probably right.  I said on another thread.  Saban will have a better record over two years than Nutt.  Not sure on record but it's apples to oranges on UA vs Tulsa.  I bet Gus steals some recruits from nutts. 
Quote from: HA_Fan™ on January 15, 2007, 12:14:17 pm
So the obvious question is if you are the offensive coordinator at a top 25 school in the SEC, why would you leave to be the co-offensive coordinator at a middle-of-the-road school in Conference USA?

Does anyone still think he had much control over play calling or the offense?
The guy is a football coach and was used to get 5 kids from Springdale.  The NCAA investigation will show that.  He wants to run a football team.  In Tulsa he can do that.  He'll progress farther faster if he can run a division 1 show.  He wasn't taken seriously at Arkansas and Gus will have the last laugh down the road.   Nutt and his mini-me Frank have a problem with "keeping their word".   Screw UofA, they're getting what the deserve now.

RD™

Well Grit, Trey Biddy are spinning it already. Grit is saying Gus being forces on HDN was not fair.

ARKANSAS

Well said homer.  I sure hope you have fun writing that Alumni check each year.  I think what Gus did was great.  He was told one thing and got another.  It doesn't matter that he was a HS coach, what matters is he was lied to.  I hope the UofA goes 5 - 5 from now until the year 3000 and lose every Music City or GMAC Bowl They're in.

RD™

I hope Notre Dame inherits the worlds worst case of herpes ::) Frick off.

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: SCS-2006 on January 15, 2007, 01:23:32 pm
Well said homer.  I sure hope you have fun writing that Alumni check each year.  I think what Gus did was great.  He was told one thing and got another.  It doesn't matter that he was a HS coach, what matters is he was lied to.  I hope the UofA goes 5 - 5 from now until the year 3000 and lose every Music City or GMAC Bowl They're in.

Just like the typical idots from Spingdale..What did Gus and his wanna be crew of players prove this year other than they had a sub-par QB that couldnt do crap at the next level (Just like ALL of Gus' previous QB's before him)Gus' system couldnt work because his players he brought with him were less than sub-par to SEC standards?Mustain was all everything in high school and didnt do crap this year..McFadden,Jones,the O line and the D is what got this team where it went this year.

Gus is a smart man though..he knows he can go to a smaller conference where the tallent level isnt as good..and if he does good..the people in Arkansas will be in the "I told you so mode" when in all reality..HE WASNT MAN ENOUGH TO STEP UP TO A SEC CHALLENGE..so he ran out.

Now..go find another team besides the Razorbacks to cheer for...we are finding out who the TRUE fans are.

7AFBFAN

SCS, WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT MY POST OR THE RAZORBACKS. A TRUE FAN WILL STILL BACK THEM WHEN THEY ARE 5-5. HOW MANY FANS DO YOU SUPPOSE CONTINUE TO FOLLOW TULSA WHEN THEY ARE 5-5? HOW MANY FANS IN FACT DOES TULSA HAVE? I BET THEY PACK THE STANDS WITH 10,000 EVERY GAME. THE REAL JOKE IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO HATE A PERSON OR TEAM AND SPEND THEIR EFFORTS SPREADING IT MORE THAN JUST THE ONCE. YOUR ONE STATEMENT THAT YOU HATE THE RAZORBACKS WOULD HAVE BEEN NOTED AND MORE THAN ENOUGH. WHAT SCHOOL IS IT YOU ARE SUCH A GRAND ALUM?

rsvl_hogfan4

I hope you learn a little more about the sport moron. We play 12 games. Where are the other 2 games? If we went 5-5 then that would only be 10 games. Also, you must have 6 wins to go to a bowl game. If we went 5-5 we wouldn't be playing in a Music City or GMAC Bow.

How do you know Malzahn was lied to? You don't know anymore than the guy you responded to knows I am sure. Malzahn already came out in the news paper and said everything was a lie and that he loves his job and has full control of the offense. Why would he say that if he hates his job anyways and plans on leaving? He left because he has a better job offered. He is Assistant Head Coach at Tulsa. It is a step closer to his dream.

wheeels

Gus said earlier that he was the person calling the plays but he must have said it to keep the lions away. I dont think you leave Arkansas for Tulsa if you are in complete control of Arkansas offense. Will be interesting to see what happens next and which players and recruits transfer to another school.

not ray

Bingo!!!!!!!!!   A lie is a lie.  Or maybe things change after the fact. 

ARKANSAS

Quote from: Rison Tradition on January 15, 2007, 01:28:48 pm

Just like the typical idots from Spingdale..What did Gus and his wanna be crew of players prove this year other than they had a sub-par QB that couldnt do crap at the next level (Just like ALL of Gus' previous QB's before him)Gus' system couldnt work because his players he brought with him were less than sub-par to SEC standards?Mustain was all everything in high school and didnt do crap this year..McFadden,Jones,the O line and the D is what got this team where it went this year.

Gus is a smart man though..he knows he can go to a smaller conference where the tallent level isnt as good..and if he does good..the people in Arkansas will be in the "I told you so mode" when in all reality..HE WASNT MAN ENOUGH TO STEP UP TO A SEC CHALLENGE..so he ran out.

Now..go find another team besides the Razorbacks to cheer for...we are finding out who the TRUE fans are.
Good point.  I never have been a fan of the UofA.  I've said before it's a tier 2 program.  However, I was one of those that fell to intrigue this year because of the Springdale connection etc..  I went to more UofA games last year, because of that, then before.  I'm not alone in this stay with me. I will NEVER go to a football game now because of how this entire thing was handled.  It's a national joke.
Do you think it was odd they put the extra stands on the roof of the stadium the year the Springdale kids and coach came to the University?  No it wasn't, they expected the fan base to go up locally and help recruiting.
So now we're back to the loyal, alumni mostly, fan base.  Tier 2 program, with a regional impact.  Think about what I'm saying, don't just get mad.
You lost all those people that were on the fence.  I hope the NCAA comes in to investigate this mess. 

ARKANSAS

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on January 15, 2007, 01:29:32 pm
SCS, WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT MY POST OR THE RAZORBACKS. A TRUE FAN WILL STILL BACK THEM WHEN THEY ARE 5-5. HOW MANY FANS DO YOU SUPPOSE CONTINUE TO FOLLOW TULSA WHEN THEY ARE 5-5? HOW MANY FANS IN FACT DOES TULSA HAVE? I BET THEY PACK THE STANDS WITH 10,000 EVERY GAME. THE REAL JOKE IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO HATE A PERSON OR TEAM AND SPEND THEIR EFFORTS SPREADING IT MORE THAN JUST THE ONCE. YOUR ONE STATEMENT THAT YOU HATE THE RAZORBACKS WOULD HAVE BEEN NOTED AND MORE THAN ENOUGH. WHAT SCHOOL IS IT YOU ARE SUCH A GRAND ALUM?
Why are you using this as a chance to slam Tulsa?  What have they done?  This is about Houton gone Nutts and his mini-me sidekick Frank B..  They lied and it's going to hurt the UofA.  The fact Gus did leave UofA for Tulsa should say something there.  He wanted OUT of here.  He's not the only one.  Watch. 

ARKANSAS

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on January 15, 2007, 01:31:03 pm
I hope you learn a little more about the sport moron. We play 12 games. Where are the other 2 games? If we went 5-5 then that would only be 10 games. Also, you must have 6 wins to go to a bowl game. If we went 5-5 we wouldn't be playing in a Music City or GMAC Bow.

How do you know Malzahn was lied to? You don't know anymore than the guy you responded to knows I am sure. Malzahn already came out in the news paper and said everything was a lie and that he loves his job and has full control of the offense. Why would he say that if he hates his job anyways and plans on leaving? He left because he has a better job offered. He is Assistant Head Coach at Tulsa. It is a step closer to his dream.
I love it.  Okay, I hope they go .500.  Make you feel better?  I do agree with you that it's a better situation for him in Tulsa.  Much better and yes, closer to his dream.  He's also in a place where he can run his offense.  Just like he was told he could here.  I wish him well.  I also hope all the "verbal commits" to Arkansas take notice.  Run, don't walk. 

RisonRacingFan

Quote from: SCS-2006 on January 15, 2007, 01:46:41 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on January 15, 2007, 01:31:03 pm

I love it.  Okay, I hope they go .500.  Make you feel better?  I do agree with you that it's a better situation for him in Tulsa.  Much better and yes, closer to his dream.  He's also in a place where he can run his offense.  Just like he was told he could here.  I wish him well.  I also hope all the "verbal commits" to Arkansas take notice.  Run, don't walk. 

Like I said..he didnt step up to a challenge..he had to go somewhere where there is less talent playing against him.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: SCS-2006 on January 15, 2007, 01:41:38 pm

Good point.  I never have been a fan of the UofA.  I've said before it's a tier 2 program.  However, I was one of those that fell to intrigue this year because of the Springdale connection etc..  I went to more UofA games last year, because of that, then before.  I'm not alone in this stay with me. I will NEVER go to a football game now because of how this entire thing was handled.  It's a national joke.
Do you think it was odd they put the extra stands on the roof of the stadium the year the Springdale kids and coach came to the University?  No it wasn't, they expected the fan base to go up locally and help recruiting.
So now we're back to the loyal, alumni mostly, fan base.  Tier 2 program, with a regional impact.  Think about what I'm saying, don't just get mad.
You lost all those people that were on the fence.  I hope the NCAA comes in to investigate this mess. 
Do you honestly think that? The reason they put those there was to make more room for people during the USC game. It had nothing to do with the Springdale crew. When Texas played here a few years ago there were so many people outside of the stadium trying to get seats. They tried to add more seats because the USC game was going to be one of the biggest games  played in Fayetteville just based on what they did to us last year and their ranking at the time.

ARKANSAS

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on January 15, 2007, 01:48:08 pm
Quote from: SCS-2006 on January 15, 2007, 01:41:38 pm

Do you honestly think that? The reason they put those there was to make more room for people during the USC game. It had nothing to do with the Springdale crew. When Texas played here a few years ago there were so many people outside of the stadium trying to get seats. They tried to add more seats because the USC game was going to be one of the biggest games  played in Fayetteville just based on what they did to us last year and their ranking at the time.
I also was at the USC game, because of the Springdale connection.  All I know is I doubt they will need them again unless we're to open as another teams patsy game next year.
The funniest thing I heard after the USC game was a person say...  "All good schools open with a patsy to get the season off right.  We just didn't realize we were USC's patsy".

You're all wearing me down today.  I think the UofA got EXACTLY what it deserved, and I guess wanted.  They have a new OC and Nutt until 2012.  Good luck boys.  Keep supporting them and be a hog to the grave.   

7AFBFAN

Springdale, the Juggernaut of the football world. What would the U of A do without them? Now that is the joke SCS. As a Razorback fan I truly hope you are right and not only the Springdale connection but anyone that is not committed to the U of A leave and leave immediately.  

ARKANSAS

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on January 15, 2007, 02:00:03 pm
Springdale, the Juggernaut of the football world. What would the U of A do without them? Now that is the joke SCS. As a Razorback fan I truly hope you are right and not only the Springdale connection but anyone that is not committed to the U of A leave and leave immediately.  
Say what you want before they started winning, who had the Hogs in the national press?  It wasn't Nutts.  It was the new OC and the "Springdale" connection.  Don't worry, it will go back to what it was before Sprindale ruined the UofA.  Right back to Houston Nutts football and all the national recruits that flow in here on a regular basis.  It will be back to Razorback football.  The best sport in a 200 mile radius.  Good luck.

invictus

Quote from: wheeels on January 15, 2007, 01:33:37 pm
Gus said earlier that he was the person calling the plays but he must have said it to keep the lions away. I dont think you leave Arkansas for Tulsa if you are in complete control of Arkansas offense. Will be interesting to see what happens next and which players and recruits transfer to another school.

I don't see many players (especially any of quality) leaving the U of A to follow Malzahn to Tulsa. He has taken a step down so why would a player who has a chance to play in the SEC. I don't think we will lose any recruits as well. Again, why play for a mid-major when you have a chance to play in the SEC. As was readily apparent this year, the SEC is the premier football conference in America. If you can play there, you have to be a top level player. I believe Malzahn was a pleasant surprise. Quite frankly, I never expected him to succeed after making such a big jump. I think he did well, though I do believe that he was somewhat over his head in the SEC. Like Mustain, I believe he was surprised by the quickness of the players. I'm sure that Coach Nutt and Coach Woods called a good portion of the plays. They had the experience at that level and I don't think our success would have been as good if Malzahn had been left alone to call all plays.

gameoflife

I have said it several times.  If Tulsa wins 10 games and goes to a BCS under Malzahn I'll give congratulations.  I just want you guys to put the blame on him if the offensive is not productive to that standard.   

7AFBFAN

SCS = SHILOH CHRISTIAN SAINTS. No wonder you hate the Razorbacks and love Gus. Gus made Shiloh. I can't remember but were they playing in 1A or 2A when Gus was there? He did a great job and won several state championships. He did such a great job that he was promoted the big high school in town. Did he win one or two state championships there? I dont recall. The national press? Wasn't that Matt Jones when he was here and McFadden now? The only thing the Springdale connection did for the U of A was make it a laughing stock for a week when momma and her whiny boy cried to Broyles. What a joke!

RD™

RGP

Quote from: wheeels on January 15, 2007, 01:33:37 pm
Quote from: S.D. Jones on January 15, 2007, 01:37:35 pm
Bingo!!!!!!!!!   A lie is a lie.  Or maybe things change after the fact. 
There comes a point when you have to decide what is a classy move and what is just flat out lying...I don't know what the deal is here...too much shady things going on at the Hill for me to take a guess...

invictus

Quote from: endrun on January 15, 2007, 02:08:42 pm
I have said it several times.  If Tulsa wins 10 games and goes to a BCS under Malzahn I'll give congratulations.  I just want you guys to put the blame on him if the offensive is not productive to that standard.   

I agree. You win at the top level with top players. There aren't many knocking down the doors to go to Tulsa.

RD™

Quote from: invictus on January 15, 2007, 02:17:39 pm

I agree. You win at the top level with top players. There aren't many knocking down the doors to go to Tulsa.
Not yet.

fbhound

How do we get rid of Broyles? Now is time for Chancellor White to try to get Frank out. He will have a LOT of support this time for sure!!
Lindsey needs to go OFF the U of A Trustee Board He supports his former "coach" to much, even during bad times of meddling in football affairs. The new govenor can make this happen, UNappoint him.
Recruiting is going to suffer BIG TIME - Transfers and reversal of AR commitments will KILL the program for years to come .. The NCAA investigation of 3-4 years ago (BROYLES involved in that too) will look like small potatoes compared to the damage of today.
Nutt needs to go.. This will take guts of Lindsey and Broyles. Won't happen, therefore!! What will do the trick is for Foundation funds to drop 30-40% and then the U of A may fire Broyles for incompetence in management...
I have given up my Foundation relationship of 40+ years today - They won't miss my Broyles-Matthews money but multiply me by 2000-3000 other former fans and you can see the $millions down the drain.  No more money to hire and fire at will by Broyles. No more freeby perks for Frank.. Frank is so lonely without constant positive strokes from former players and present co-workers. Funny thing is that they ALL talk behind his back about his deteorating mental capacity and ego. heck, he is NOT, repeat NOT, a coach now.. Lighten up.  He has just turned into a bad AD and will be remembered for this fiasco instead of good things of a few years ago.
FAIRWELL to Nutt, Lindsey and Broyles - I am outta here for good.
C W

gameoflife

In the end it will come down to winning in 2007.  If that happens no body will care that Gus is gone except the die hard Gus fan.

7AFBFAN

fbhound, are you from Springdale by chance? Things dont go in YOUR favor and you quit. I am looking for the day when all the quiters are gone. I bet the U of A will survive without you buddy!

not ray

Quote from: Vice President RD on January 15, 2007, 02:18:41 pm
Quote from: invictus on January 15, 2007, 02:17:39 pm

Not yet.

Just never will.  They may get the occasional big time recruit.  But they are in the same state with 2 big time D-1 schools and one of those is one of the most successful ever. 

RD™

Just heard on Sports in Fort, not confirming, but this guy said he had lunch with some Insiders, Gus and Alex were shown the door and blamed Gus for all the drama, and was asked to find another job, so his career would not be ruined.

busta

Is this a cover up move, a firing of the Offensive Coordinator, or a legitimate shot at another coaching job?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas