• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HWH @ Stuttgart

Started by dhen, October 18, 2014, 10:30:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dhen

Any predictions? I'm picking HWH by 6

phdefense

cuckoobird

They will arrive by 6? I know you didnt mean win

dhen

The Ref

HWH has more team speed, I think their weakness is their pass D but I don't think Stuttgart has the passing game to exploit that. I predict a low scoring game which will be won by the team that has the fewest turnovers. (Pickem)

cardinalgalore

MoChedda

It should be a good game. I think HWH run game will be too much and they win by 8. 28-20

HeberFan

Big Fan

Should be a good game.  The winner would be my favorite to win a very tight conference title.

cuckoobird

I see big passing numbers for the Ricebirds this week.

whippersnapper

Quote from: Big Fan  on October 19, 2014, 07:49:04 pm
Should be a good game.  The winner would be my favorite to win a very tight conference title.
Not quite. Really if Stuttgart wins then it puts them and Newport tied for first. Newport having the head to head

cuckoobird

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 20, 2014, 08:03:31 am
Not quite. Really if Stuttgart wins then it puts them and Newport tied for first. Newport having the head to head
Correct, that's why we need cac or riverview to bust that up for us

MoChedda

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 20, 2014, 07:43:38 am
Really? When did the Ricebirds get a passing game.

cuckoobird

Quote from: MoChedda on October 20, 2014, 08:15:34 am
if you can't contain riverview from passing, you don't have a chance against the ricebirds.

MoChedda

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 20, 2014, 08:16:56 am
Quote from: MoChedda on October 20, 2014, 08:15:34 am
if you can't contain riverview from passing, you don't have a chance against the ricebirds.
I disagree I don't think Stuttgart passing game is good enough to do any damage

LakeRat

Stuttgart has a solid passing game and set it up well with their running attack. The Ricebird's defense also have the lowest points allowed in conference play.

I'm gonna go with Stuttgart by 8 in this game.

cuckoobird

Quote from: LakeRat on October 20, 2014, 08:33:28 am
Stuttgart has a solid passing game and set it up well with their running attack. The Ricebird's defense also have the lowest points allowed in conference play.

Good point lakerat, our D is mighty stingy.

MoChedda

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 20, 2014, 08:36:28 am

I think it's going to be a great game but I believe our running game will be too much.

whippersnapper

Newport has only been at home twice this year. Finally get back to back home games the next 2 weeks. I know the seniors will do what they can to get a home playoff game

cuckoobird

Quote from: MoChedda on October 20, 2014, 08:43:21 am

I think it's going to be a great game but I believe our running game will be too much.
No one's run game has been too much for us this year except the first game of the season. You will have better luck throwing heav n hopes

MoChedda

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 20, 2014, 09:18:48 am

No one's run game has been too much for us this year except the first game of the season. You will have better luck throwing heav n hopes
I hear you but they haven't faced HWH run game.

phdefense

Quote from: MoChedda on October 20, 2014, 09:45:57 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on October 20, 2014, 09:18:48 am

I hear you but they haven't faced HWH run game.

whippersnapper

Actually Stuttgart held Newport to 181 yards rushing. While Helena 241. Newport is averaging 287 on the ground to. Just some numbers to think about.

MoChedda

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 20, 2014, 10:06:52 am
Actually Stuttgart held Newport to 181 yards rushing. While Helena 241. Newport is averaging 287 on the ground to. Just some numbers to think about.
Strength vs Strength I believe HWH run game will be too much

cuckoobird

Quote from: MoChedda on October 20, 2014, 10:27:31 am
just curious, how many yards are the cougars avging a game?

Lions84

dhen

MoChedda

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 20, 2014, 11:00:39 am
Really not sure

cuckoobird

Quote from: MoChedda on October 20, 2014, 12:15:39 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on October 20, 2014, 11:00:39 am
Really not sure
I bet after Friday the avg goes down

dhen

I think its gonna be a good game. But I still say HWH by 6.  If they limit the minor mistakes it could be by 14

MoChedda

October 20, 2014, 12:33:08 pm #30 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:37:41 pm by MoChedda
Quote from: dhen on October 20, 2014, 12:24:18 pm
I think its gonna be a good game. But I still say HWH by 6.  If they limit the minor mistakes it could be by 14
I think if HWH doesn't turn it over and stop the bad snaps it could be 14 point game in favor of the Cougars. Hen HMU

westhelena1

This should be a very entertaining and hard dough football game. Home field advantage is worth two touchdowns to Stuttgart. Very hostile place to play and probably means they get every close call from the men in stripes. However, if the Cougars play good defense, particularly the much-maligned secondary and don't turn the ball over. I still think the Cougars can win this game, although it will be close. HWH by 1

MoChedda

Quote from: westhelena1 on October 20, 2014, 02:13:09 pm
This should be a very entertaining and hard dough football game. Home field advantage is worth two touchdowns to Stuttgart. Very hostile place to play and probably means they get every close call from the men in stripes. However, if the Cougars play good defense, particularly the much-maligned secondary and don't turn the ball over. I still think the Cougars can win this game, although it will be close. HWH by 1
Thats sounds about right! HWH by 8

LakeRat

Very hostile place to play and probably means they get every close call from the men in stripes.

I wouldn't be counting on the officials to play favorites nor influence the outcome... The AAA assigns officiating teams randomly and there's no home advantage.

From what I've seen this year... the officiating teams have been about 50% good... 30% mediocre... 20% need to find a new hobby.

phdefense

Quote from: LakeRat on October 20, 2014, 04:39:39 pm
Very hostile place to play and probably means they get every close call from the men in stripes.

I wouldn't be counting on the officials to play favorites nor influence the outcome... The AAA assigns officiating teams randomly and there's no home advantage.

From what I've seen this year... the officiating teams have been about 50% good... 30% mediocre... 20% need to find a new hobby.
That is not entirely true. Our conference has an assignor so home teams do not get to pick the officials. But some conferences like the 4A-8 that do not have an assignor the home cooking is very real.

MoChedda

I have to say that the officiating in CAC was horrible but all the other conference games the officiating was pretty decent.

The Ref

Quote from: MoChedda on October 20, 2014, 06:50:29 pm
I have to say that the officiating in CAC was horrible but all the other conference games the officiating was pretty decent.
Officiating at Helena was so bad it was embarrassing. HWH fans were calling them by their first names . Didn't change the outcome of the game but the rules did not apply when Riverview was there

Big Fan

Oh really....you know better than me who "my favorite" to win conference would be?  I'm not that impressed with your predictions. 

whippersnapper

Quote from: Big Fan on October 20, 2014, 07:23:59 pm
Oh really....you know better than me who "my favorite" to win conference would be?  I'm not that impressed with your predictions. 
Well then I'm sorry I have disappointed you. I'll keep you in mind next time.  But just telling you if Stuttgart wins Friday then Newport and Stuttgart would be tied for first. Newport has head to head

Big Fan

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 20, 2014, 07:37:54 pm
Well then I'm sorry I have disappointed you. I'll keep you in mind next time.  But just telling you if Stuttgart wins Friday then Newport and Stuttgart would be tied for first. Newport has head to head
Did I say Stuttgart would win.  You sure assume a lot.  Just learn to comprehend what you read and respond appropriately. 

BTW....what is "my" favorite color?  You seem to have missed the "my" part. 

whippersnapper

Big Fan I got thinking you shouldn't be impressed.  Your Billies look like they will definitely do better then I predicted.  I had them at 2-8 they have Dumas and DeWitt left on the schedule. I think you split those go 3-7. Gosh 1 game off. I made those predictions in June and I am one game off. I guess I shouldn't do the "My takes" anymore. 

Big Fan

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 20, 2014, 07:51:50 pm
Big Fan I got thinking you shouldn't be impressed.  Your Billies look like they will definitely do better then I predicted.  I had them at 2-8 they have Dumas and DeWitt left on the schedule. I think you split those go 3-7. Gosh 1 game off. I made those predictions in June and I am one game off. I guess I shouldn't do the "My takes" anymore. 
LOL...I could care less about that.  Don't even remember it.  Probably didn't read it. 

If you can, go back and reread "my" post.  You can have a different opinion than me and that that is fine and expected, but don't arrogantly correct "my" opinion. 

HeberFan

Both teams have been streaky. It's a coin flip.

phdefense

Quote from: Big Fan on October 20, 2014, 07:48:13 pm
Quote from: whippersnapper on October 20, 2014, 07:37:54 pm
Did I say Stuttgart would win.  You sure assume a lot.  Just learn to comprehend what you read and respond appropriately. 

BTW....what is "my" favorite color?  You seem to have missed the "my" part.
You did not indicate who you thought would win thus leaving yourself open to scrutiny because of your own ambiguity. You have only yourself to blame. Now go apply some Monastat and go on with life.

whippersnapper

I read your statement and your response to my first quote made no sense. I know you said it was your favorite to win conference.  But if Helena wins that still has them in the driver seat. If Stuttgart wins that puts newport in the driver seat. You're not impressed by my predictions. What did me telling how the conference is laid out have to do with predictions? I didn't make one in the first place. And for your favorite color?...Green? Orange?

Big Fan

Never mind, go predict something.....jeez...

DogsWin7

October 21, 2014, 08:04:10 am #46 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 08:14:51 am by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Big Fan on October 20, 2014, 08:25:18 pm
I bet I can predict something......and hit the nail right on the head....;) lol!   It would however by "My" opinion........:)

cuckoobird

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 21, 2014, 08:04:10 am
Quote from: Big Fan on October 20, 2014, 08:25:18 pm
I bet I can predict something......and hit the nail right on the head....;) lol!   It would however by "My" opinion........:)
You're a woman, the only opinion you have is the one your husband tells you..... lmbo jk  ;D

redneck365

This week I'm pullin for Stuttgart & Lonoke & of course Newport  to win there games .

LakeRat

Quote from: phdefense on October 20, 2014, 04:58:31 pm
Quote from: LakeRat on October 20, 2014, 04:39:39 pm

That is not entirely true. Our conference has an assignor so home teams do not get to pick the officials. But some conferences like the 4A-8 that do not have an assignor the home cooking is very real.

Really? Wow... I had assumed common sense ruled the day. Thanks for the clarification.

Seems odd the AAA wouldn't adopt that league wide just to ensure home cookin isn't a factor in any game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas