• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DOVER AT OZARK

Started by armchajrhog5, October 18, 2014, 04:28:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

armchajrhog5

Dover fresh off of an upset win over Pottsville with Dardanelle looming in 2 weeks.
Pottsville was a war with Dover fired up and angry over the Clinton loss and Pottsville came in looking to do what they do which is physically dominate the opponent.Both teams were mirror images of each other and  laid out the licks . Dover came out bruised, limping  and bleeding with a one point win-KUDOS to the Dover coaches for having them ready.
Ozark is a team that has played the toughest schedule of anyone in the conference. They lost to the 2 best teams in 3-a in the state and the teams that will finish 1-2-3 in 4-4a this year. Very deception record at this point and a much better team than anyone would think if they just looked at the records. They are playing to survive and get a playoff spot and will bring everything they have with a nothing to lose attitude.

This looks like the ultimate trap game scenario---

EXCEPT-Dover has just barley won All  their conference games that they won.They know that to show up unprepared and looking ahead [or behind] They lose to anyone on the schedule .Subi almost proved that to them. Clinton did prove that to them.
Another  positive is the defense is getting better every week.
I think this Friday in Ozark both teams come to play and the game is just like all Dover conference games this year ,Bruising, brutal and either team can win it in the final minutes.
What is everyone else's thoughts on this match up.

BannerMountainMan

APACHE

I dont think Ozark will win. Dover is the team I thought they would be watching them back in 5th grade.

Last friday night Dover Coaches called a great play call in second half to get #1 open for a TD and why we didnt have someone on him, I will never understand.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: APACHE on October 20, 2014, 09:54:46 am
I dont think Ozark will win. Dover is the team I thought they would be watching them back in 5th grade.

Last friday night Dover Coaches called a great play call in second half to get #1 open for a TD and why we didnt have someone on him, I will never understand.

It was one of the oldest tricks in the book.
Price came out of the backfield on what appeared to be a sweep. When he didn't have the ball at the time, the defender begins thinking pass. He's not expecting Price to be the receiver on the play, so he lets him go and tried to defend who he thinks is the receiver. That's when Dover hits Pottsville with the sucker punch ... or in this case, pass.

skydog

As much as I would like Ozark win I just don't see it happening. There has been a few games this year that Ozark could have won but they were outcoached in the second half. They have some talent but just can't seem to put it together. They're kinda like Booneville and run the same 4-5 plays over and over but the difference is Booneville makes them work but we can't.

Gray lizard

I like the pep in the step of this Dover team.  They go at it full steam ahead.  They want to win really bad and will lay it all out.  No quit in this team.  I see them winning over Ozark not by a lot but winning.  Verdict is out on their pass defense as the got to the QB so quick on Pottsville.  If they can do that to Dardanelle I see them giving them a game.

Fearthedawg

I have seen the fire in Dover's eyes....the have bonded like never before and the defense is vastly improving each week.  Pottsville is a very good team. The Pirates will not quit!

wiseguy

Loved the GUTSY call on behalf of the coach to go for 2 and the win! My kind of coach 8)

dawginar

Was hoping for a Dover win to set up a showdown with Dardanelle the following week. Learned Dover has requested Dardanelle leave their band at home. Guess coach Smith couldn't embrace the crazies in Prescott so tried hiding out in Dover.

Hillbillies take'em for your whatever.  They are a fraud.

Coach P Town doing fine.

Doveman

If Dover can't beat Ozark they don't have a snowballs chance against Dardanelle.  Surely they will win; and yes, set up a game with lots at stake between the 2 teams. 

Gray lizard

Quote from: dawginar on October 22, 2014, 08:40:13 am
Learned Dover has requested Dardanelle leave their band at home.

What this can't be right.

D-TOWN LIZARD

If that is true, they are digging at the bottom of the barrel.  Just bc they request it,  doesn't mean we have to , right?

dawginar

Hear the band not coming. Trying to confirm, but the band students will show. Guess $4 is a big profit for some sub standard schools. Don't think will like results. Hillbillies win next week won't matter

Gray lizard

Quote from: dawginar on October 22, 2014, 10:22:45 am
Hear the band not coming. Trying to confirm, but the band students will show. Guess $4 is a big profit for some sub standard schools. Don't think will like results. Hillbillies win next week won't matter
Dardanelle does not have school that day and the band will not make the trip.  What a bummer. Strait from Clay.

Billy the Kid

Quote from: dawginar on October 22, 2014, 08:40:13 am
Was hoping for a Dover win to set up a showdown with Dardanelle the following week. Learned Dover has requested Dardanelle leave their band at home. Guess coach Smith couldn't embrace the crazies in Prescott so tried hiding out in Dover.

Hillbillies take'em for your whatever.  They are a fraud.

Coach P Town doing fine.
Here's the deal
1. Your home under the bridge is calling your name.
2. The Head coach of the home team can not tell the band of the opposing team they can not come to the game.
3. Maybe you should think before you speak. That is Halloween and this has been settled for several weeks that the Dardenelle band would not make the trip.
4. Please don't make the Dardenelle posters look bad because you're trying to stir the pot with useless info or make Coach Smith look bad. I enjoy all the Dardenelle posters and they post good stuff on here. They have every right to be as cocky as they want but they don't. Don't ruin they're good rep with a couple of silly posts.

Gray Lizard what's the buzz around Dardenelle for this weeks game?

Gray lizard

[[/quote]
Gray Lizard what's the buzz around Dardenelle for this weeks game?
[/quote]

Which game are you asking about?  I am not really in the buzz in Dardanelle.  But I will say I think Dover will win their game as well as Dardanelle.  I will be at the Pottsville game and fell they will take care of business as well.

Billy the Kid

SouthpawSensation

October 22, 2014, 03:26:03 pm #17 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:32:18 pm by SouthpawSensation
Guys, it might be a safety issue as to why Dover has asked Dardanelle not to bring the band.
Let's get realistic here. That game is on Oct. 31 (I'm sorry, I don't want to mention the other name affiliated with that day). But that day is full of shenanigans as it is.
Now let's get a mental picture of Dover's field. The visitors' bleachers are right next to a street. Dardanelle's band would be right there in those stands, and a bunch of people not affiliated with Dover schools or the football team might take a bunch of uniformed people as inviting targets. That could lead to pranks, tricks, and a whole lot of trouble that Dover schools don't want to deal with. I think there's your reason why.
Alternate reason: If it's true that Dardanelle has 134 members on its band and it doesn't come, that's 134 empty spots that are usually taken by people that don't pay for admission. Those spots can be filled by people who purchase tickets. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$!

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Billy the Kid on October 22, 2014, 02:50:16 pm
Dardenelle and Robinson

Gray Lizard is now Gray Apache. He probably needs to change his account name to save confusion. To answer your question though, there really isn't a buzz to this weeks game. It's really been business as usual each week. One game at a time.

Billy the Kid

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on October 22, 2014, 03:26:03 pm
Guys, it might be a safety issue as to why Dover has asked Dardanelle not to bring the band.
Let's get realistic here. That game is on Oct. 31 (I'm sorry, I don't want to mention the other name affiliated with that day). But that day is full of shenanigans as it is.
Now let's get a mental picture of Dover's field. The visitors' bleachers are right next to a street. Dardanelle's band would be right there in those stands, and a bunch of people not affiliated with Dover schools or the football team might take a bunch of uniformed people as inviting targets. That could lead to pranks, tricks, and a whole lot of trouble that Dover schools don't want to deal with. I think there's your reason why.
Alternate reason: If it's true that Dardanelle has 134 members on its band and it doesn't come, that's 134 empty spots that are usually taken by people that don't pay for admission. Those spots can be filled by people who purchase tickets. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$!
Here's the bottom line. You can not tell the opposing band they can not come.  So after saying there's no reason for any administrator to tell Dardenlle that they're band can not come. And I have no idea what talking about. Location of stands has nothing to do with it. Everyone is putting too much stock in this. Gray Lizard has already said that the director said that he wasn't making them go.

SouthpawSensation

Location of stands means this, Billy.
How easy would it be for some knucklehead to drive down the street that runs along the visitors side of Jack Berry Field on this certain day, see several people dressed in bright red uniforms and say "hey, I'll hit them with something. They'll never know what hit them!"

Gray lizard

[/quote]

Gray Lizard is now Gray Apache. He probably needs to change his account name to save confusion. To answer your question though, there really isn't a buzz to this weeks game. It's really been business as usual each week. One game at a time.
[/quote]

Hey I still have a daughter in school at Dardanelle and live there.  My senior year we broke in the current football field. I keep up with both programs equal.  Most of the time I have ear bud going with Dardanelle game on the radio(When I can pick up the week AM station).

Lacerta agilis

October 22, 2014, 09:03:33 pm #22 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:09:46 pm by Lacerta agilis

[/quote]
Hey I still have a daughter in school at Dardanelle and live there.  My senior year we broke in the current football field. I keep up with both programs equal.  Most of the time I have ear bud going with Dardanelle game on the radio(When I can pick up the week AM station).
[/quote]

No offense meant. I would recommend listening to the Dardanelle broadcast via the internet, your right the AM station is horrible. And sorry about your Sr. year, that was pretty brutal. Wasn't it a one win season including a loss to Ola? You guys didn't have a chance with your coaching.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 22, 2014, 09:03:33 pm

[/quote]

No offense meant. I would recommend listening to the Dardanelle broadcast via the internet, your right the AM station is horrible. And sorry about your Sr. year, that was pretty brutal. Wasn't it a one win season including a loss to Ola? You guys didn't have a chance with your coaching.

You are correct. Started the season with 21 players. I think there were only 4 or 5 players on the team that was on the 9-1 JR high team.
[/quote]

Fearthedawg

Very impressed with Dover's defense steadily getting better....I look for a great game tonight and a Pirates hard fought victory!

HorseFeathers

Pirates win by 7...Wouldn't want their coach to get comfortable and actually win big would they?

D-TOWN LIZARD

skydog

October 24, 2014, 10:30:55 pm #27 Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:55:01 pm by skydog
Not much offense by either team tonight. Ozark was in the red zone numerous times tonight and come away empty handed as usual. Good job by Dover for taking advantage of the turnovers when they had to. Ozark is down to having to win the last two games on the road to make the playoffs. I know anything is possible but our offense has to start playing as good as our defense did tonight. Not sure of the final stats but I think Ozark held Dover ( who beat Pottsville last week) to around 150 yards rushing for the game. They had a chance to get the ball back late in the game but Dover ran the same pass play that beat Pottsville last week to get the first down and run out the clock. You would think the coaches would have been ready for it but wow was I mistaken. I guess they missed that play on film this week!?!?

retiredplayer10

From all the talk im hereing ozark defense wasnt that great till you bring in there players in black and white stripes? But hey sounds lile dover can beat mpre than 11 on the field at one time. They will have more than there hands full in the upcoming week.

kk2

#1 caught the pass against Pottsville & threw it against Ozark. Pretty amazing to be the same play. Maybe you need to check your facts or watch more film before you start running your mouth.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HF on October 24, 2014, 12:10:54 pm
Pirates win by 7...Wouldn't want their coach to get comfortable and actually win big would they?

I was close....Dover isn't special or anything, but you have to admire how they keep grinding out wins every week...

skydog

Quote from: retiredplayer10 on October 24, 2014, 11:21:37 pm
From all the talk im hereing ozark defense wasnt that great till you bring in there players in black and white stripes? But hey sounds lile dover can beat mpre than 11 on the field at one time. They will have more than there hands full in the upcoming week.
I'm sorry but you lose all credibility when you talk gibberish,js. Are you the guy with greasy hair that come strutting by the Ozark fans accusing them of paying off the refs? That was hilarious when you spit all over the lady in front of you while you were ranting about the refs and she gave you the look like hey you woodstock leftover if you want a ride home you better shut your mouth. She did not look too happy with you.

Blueisglorious

Quote from: skydog on October 24, 2014, 10:30:55 pm
Not much offense by either team tonight. Ozark was in the red zone numerous times tonight and come away empty handed as usual. Good job by Dover for taking advantage of the turnovers when they had to. Ozark is down to having to win the last two games on the road to make the playoffs. I know anything is possible but our offense has to start playing as good as our defense did tonight. Not sure of the final stats but I think Ozark held Dover ( who beat Pottsville last week) to around 150 yards rushing for the game. They had a chance to get the ball back late in the game but Dover ran the same pass play that beat Pottsville last week to get the first down and run out the clock. You would think the coaches would have been ready for it but wow was I mistaken. I guess they missed that play on film this week!?!?

# 1 fan of the Hillbillies?  Way to represent.   
Quote from: retiredplayer10 on October 24, 2014, 11:21:37 pm

Maybe I missed it, but you didn't say the same thing last week against Pottsville when you had 2 members of the officiating crew from Ozark on it.  The officials are assigned.  Ozark nor Dover schools has anything to do with who officiates the games.

I hope your quarterback is okay.  Good hard fought game.  Too bad there are a few idiots (from both teams) that run their mouths about something they know very little about to ruin a classic high school game.  Best I can remember, this is the first time Dover has beaten Ozark in football.  Congratulations.

MondayMorningQB

October 25, 2014, 06:25:25 pm #33 Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:26:29 pm by MondayMorningQB

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas