• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battle of the unbeatens: Gosnell at Pocahontas

Started by redskinsfan, October 17, 2014, 10:57:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redskinsfan

Gosnell travels to Pocahontas for Sr. night for the Redskins. What are your thoughts on this week 8 matchup?

phdefense

redskinsfan

GHS_08

Pocahontas has had a very weak shedule so far. They haven't played anybody yet. They haven't been really tested so it's hard to gauge them. The junior high team was awesome last year and those guys are probably contributing a lot to your success. Im sure.

Gosnell steamrolled a top 5 3A team on the road in Harding Academy and beat a solid Osceola team that upset hoxie last week. I think the tie game with rivercrest really woke the pirates up and the last two games they haved turned the corner and starting to look  like the great team they were last year. Everyone is back healthy and they are at full strength now.  Gosnell will be the biggest and fastest team pokey has played this year . You guys always have a scrappy team and I expect it to be a fight, but I expect Gosnell to wear the skins down with the running game. We won 28-0 last year. Pokey is obviously an improved team and playing at home I will say
Gosnell 34
Pocahontas21

redskinsfan

Quote from: GHS_08 on October 20, 2014, 04:27:23 pm
Pocahontas has had a very weak shedule so far. They haven't played anybody yet. They haven't been really tested so it's hard to gauge them. The junior high team was awesome last year and those guys are probably contributing a lot to your success. Im sure.

Gosnell steamrolled a top 5 3A team on the road in Harding Academy and beat a solid Osceola team that upset hoxie last week. I think the tie game with rivercrest really woke the pirates up and the last two games they haved turned the corner and starting to look  like the great team they were last year. Everyone is back healthy and they are at full strength now.  Gosnell will be the biggest and fastest team pokey has played this year . You guys always have a scrappy team and I expect it to be a fight, but I expect Gosnell to wear the skins down with the running game. We won 28-0 last year. Pokey is obviously an improved team and playing at home I will say
Gosnell 34
Pocahontas21

Measuring similar opponents is always fun to do so here is my take on it.

Gosnell tied Rivercrest who lost to Paragould. Pocahontas beat Paragould by 21 points because we wore them down. Gosnell beat Cave City 38-14 and Pocahontas beat Cave City 48-0 (none of our starters played in the second half). Gosnell beat Trumann 40-8 and Pocahontas beat Trumann 42-0 (starters out after half). Gosnell beat Brookland 40-16 and Pocahontas beat Brookland 54-8 (starters out after half, 33-0 end of 1st qtr).

You are correct that our Jr. High team was good last year and some of those kids are playing a very important roll this year, but what everyone keeps overlooking is that we have about 4 kids playing skill positions that were not on the team last year and they are Seniors this year, not Sophomores. Not to mention a Junior that moved this year that wasn't on the team last year either. It should be a great game.

GHS_08

Quote from: redskinsfan on October 20, 2014, 04:54:15 pm

Gosnell 34
Pocahontas21

Gosnell tied Rivercrest who lost to Paragould. Pocahontas beat Paragould by 21 points because we wore them down. Gosnell beat Cave City 38-14 and Pocahontas beat Cave City 48-0 (none of our starters played in the second half). Gosnell beat Trumann 40-8 and Pocahontas beat Trumann 42-0 (starters out after half). Gosnell beat Brookland 40-16 and Pocahontas beat Brookland 54-8 (starters out after half, 33-0 end of 1st qtr).

You are correct that our Jr. High team was good last year and some of those kids are playing a very important roll this year, but what everyone keeps overlooking is that we have about 4 kids playing skill positions that were not on the team last year and they are Seniors this year, not Sophomores. Not to mention a Junior that moved this year that wasn't on the team last year either. It should be a great game.

Last week against Highland was the first game in 4 weeks we had all our starters healthy. We played a lot of backups against Brookland, trumann, and cave city games and they did well. I think the difference in the game is that Gosnell has 3 good running backs they can rotate and keep the others fresh. Carlos Blackman had 131 yards and a TD last week and Tiberious Real had 134 and 2 TD. Brian Anderson who filled in for Blackman while he was hurt had over 100 yards every game he started. Blackman is a hoss at 6'1 220ish and the other two are faster/shifty type runners that are hard to bring down. They passing game has not been quite as good as last year but is improving. In my opinion the winner of this game will be the conference champ. Highland is a good team but not all they are talked up to be. If you can keep Stewart and Avery in check they are very beatable.

redskinsfan

Quote from: GHS_08 on October 20, 2014, 05:18:50 pm

Gosnell 34
Pocahontas21

Last week against Highland was the first game in 4 weeks we had all our starters healthy. We played a lot of backups against Brookland, trumann, and cave city games and they did well. I think the difference in the game is that Gosnell has 3 good running backs they can rotate and keep the others fresh. Carlos Blackman had 131 yards and a TD last week and Tiberious Real had 134 and 2 TD. Brian Anderson who filled in for Blackman while he was hurt had over 100 yards every game he started. Blackman is a hoss at 6'1 220ish and the other two are faster/shifty type runners that are hard to bring down. They passing game has not been quite as good as last year but is improving. In my opinion the winner of this game will be the conference champ. Highland is a good team but not all they are talked up to be. If you can keep Stewart and Avery in check they are very beatable.

I think Gosnell is without a doubt the toughest team on our schedule. They are definitely a quality team, as they are every year, with speed at all positions on both sides of the ball. You are right that Gosnell has depth at RB, but we have more depth at the skill positions than we have had in quite some time. Some of the older, wrong choice of words, some of the more experienced individuals around here are saying that this is the most overall speed that Pocahontas has had in 30 years. Look forward to the game on Friday. Have a safe trip coming over.

GHS_08

Quote from: redskinsfan on October 20, 2014, 05:45:28 pm
Quote from: GHS_08 on October 20, 2014, 05:18:50 pm

Gosnell 34
Pocahontas21

I think Gosnell is without a doubt the toughest team on our schedule. They are definitely a quality team, as they are every year, with speed at all positions on both sides of the ball. You are right that Gosnell has depth at RB, but we have more depth at the skill positions than we have had in quite some time. Some of the older, wrong choice of words, some of the more experienced individuals around here are saying that this is the most overall speed that Pocahontas has had in 30 years. Look forward to the game on Friday. Have a safe trip coming over.

I was just about to say that. I've seen a few clips from a couple their games and they looked very fast. I also said that when I came to the junior high game last year. Fastest white kids I've ever seen haha.

Qhcaoc

October 20, 2014, 09:11:22 pm #8 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:13:16 pm by Qhcaoc
Highland is the only conference game Gosnell's 1st team has played in the second half. The first team defense with 3 starters out has only given up 3 touchdowns in conference play including the highland game. Gosnell was beating Trumann 40-0 with 7 min left in the 2nd Qtr. with 4 starters out of the lineup. I do think Pocahontas has more depth but I dont think they have seen a 1st group like they will have to line up against Friday.

NEA Razorback olfan

October 20, 2014, 09:52:15 pm #9 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:53:55 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Pokey 21
Gosnell 14

If Pokey can contain Gosnells running game

IF NOT

Pokey 14
Gosnell 28

TBone70

October 21, 2014, 09:02:25 am #10 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:46:48 am by TBone70
This is crazy scenario, Gosnell Beat Highland, Pokey Beats Gosnell, Then Highland beats Pokey. Wow what a cluster that would be.

Qhcaoc

We will have to see on Friday who is the better team it is hard to determine in the previous games with the injuries, previous conference match ups and no similar nonconference opponents you can't truely tell until they play.

redandgray

Redskinfan4life

I have been a Redskin fan for a long time now and this is truly one of the fastest Pocahontas teams I have ever seen. They are a lot of fun to watch and I enjoy what they are trying to do.  The one thing I do notice however is that they really seem to have a lot of trouble getting their packages on the field on Friday nights.  If they can get that communication issue worked out I see the possibility of some special things. 

GHS_08

Quote from: Redskinfan4life on October 22, 2014, 06:22:16 am
I have been a Redskin fan for a long time now and this is truly one of the fastest Pocahontas teams I have ever seen. They are a lot of fun to watch and I enjoy what they are trying to do.  The one thing I do notice however is that they really seem to have a lot of trouble getting their packages on the field on Friday nights.  If they can get that communication issue worked out I see the possibility of some special things.

Gosnell has this problem a lot also. It can be frustrating when you have to burn a time out because your guys can't get lined up right.

cuckoobird

Battle for biggest midget.... who will be the #1 seed to get knocked off early in the play offs?

redskinsfan

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 22, 2014, 10:22:33 am
Battle for biggest midget.... who will be the #1 seed to get knocked off early in the play offs?

Someone has issues...

noonerricky

No doubt any team can win this ball game. At week 1 I probably would have gone with Gosnell b/c of their huge victory over Harding Academy but Harding Academy is no where near as good as they have been in my opinion. Yes Pokey has had a very weak schedule so far but they have done what they are supposed to do with weak opponents and just blew everyone of them out. I can't say that about Gosnell bc I don't care that Osceola beat Hoxie last week, Osceola and Rivercrest are not very good.

Then there's Pokey, the best team on their entire schedule is probably Corning, Paragould is just terrible. With it being senior night and knowing that Pokey has the athletes to compete I am gonna go with Pokey in a very close ball game.

Nutt Hill

This Pokey team is definitely the fastest overall squad that i can remember, and that goes back over 30 years.  i understand that Gosnell has some really good RB's but i don't think they're going to be able to bust those big runs around the edge like they're used to doing against the 'Skins.  i want to see how the Pokey kids respond to playing all 4 qtr's, as they haven't had to do that all year.  Also curious to see if Gosnell decides to use the run to open up the pass.  The few times we've had someone throw deep on us they've been pretty successful.  My pick is 28-21 'Skins.

TBone70

redskinsfan

NEA Razorback olfan

TBone70

Pokey has got Highland at home. If Highland wins we got a 3 way tie for first. If not Pokey wins out right.

redskinsfan

Quote from: TBone70 on October 24, 2014, 10:22:30 pm
Pokey has got Highland at home. If Highland wins we got a 3 way tie for first. If not Pokey wins out right.

That's going to be a tough physical game for both teams.

noonerricky

I agree, tough game ahead for both teams I don't know who to pick yet

GHS_08

Was a good game. We made way too many mistakes last night. Shot ourselves in the foot. Can't beat a good team doing that.

Bigbossman

Quote from: redskinsfan on October 22, 2014, 09:29:19 pm

Someone has issues...
He is a stutgartt fan, dont mind him, he has nothing better to do with his time, it's that time of year where they are realizing they are of no importance to anyone. Or in other words a typical riceturd year.

Hooper80

Just in case you missed it the "biggest ( I assume you mean tallest) midget" has had a team in the final 4 2 years in a row!

TBone70

Quote from: Hooper80 on October 26, 2014, 11:11:32 am
Just in case you missed it the "biggest ( I assume you mean tallest) midget" has had a team in the final 4 2 years in a row!
Great point Hooper.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas