• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nadhville @ mena

Started by polksalet, October 17, 2014, 10:28:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

polksalet

03Badger

if nashville qb gets better everyweek, i pick nashville big. mena cant stop run up the middle. nashvilles OL is bigger and stronger than Arkadelphia.

Nashville - 45
Mena - 21

~WPS~

If Mena can't stop the run up the middle then Hopkins is going to have a big game just like tonight.

whippersnapper

If Dawson doesn't call power read or inside zone first play next week he is crazy. That's exactly what mena was exposed to tonight. But now the cats have lost got to bounce back and respond.

Bigbossman

Nashville better have their heads on straight for this game. They need to strike early, control the tempo of the game, and make mena play a game they are not good at. I was not impressed with the ashdown game in the least bit. And im pretty certain that this year mena poses a bigger threat.

hawgfan15

Nashville's pass rush is the key to the game. Nashville needs a few guys to get healthy in the next 6 days

Arkansasfootballfan

Pass rush really isn't the key against menas passing game.  They run a dink and dunk, get rid of the ball in 2 seconds type of offense.  Sure tackling on their short passes are key.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Arkansasfootballfan on October 18, 2014, 01:07:25 am
Pass rush really isn't the key against menas passing game.  They run a dink and dunk, get rid of the ball in 2 seconds type of offense.  Sure tackling on their short passes are key.

Oh they never throw the ball vertically? Interesting

Bigbossman

If mena couldn't stop arkadelphias run, they are gonna have their hands full with Nashville. 

Arkansasfootballfan

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 18, 2014, 01:18:36 am
Quote from: Arkansasfootballfan on October 18, 2014, 01:07:25 am

Oh they never throw the ball vertically? Interesting

They threw the ball vertically maybe 3 times vs arkadelphia.  All 3 were seams where they tried to complete the pass between linebacker and safety.  Still a pretty quick hitting route.

hawgfan15

scrapdawg

Nashville should win if the right team shows up. That team haven't showed up since Arkadelphia so i don't know.

phdefense

Do the citizens of Nadville have a lot of testicular fortitude?

cuckoobird

Quote from: polksalet on October 17, 2014, 10:28:13 pm
Thoughts?
Even though a lot of you scrapper fans are just plane nuts, I dont think you should rename the town

FootBallar21

Will be a Great game,  really only the winner of this game has a good shot for a top 2 finish in conference with the looser likely finishing 3rd or 4th.    I just feel with the home fans back behind them,   Mena can force a turnover or 2 that they couldn't last week.   Plus it looks like Ashdown had a pretty good game plan against Nashville Shut Down Pettway and you have a shot,   Mena's Secondary is very smart and if the coaching staff feels like that is the key and to make someone else beat them they have a good shot to make that work.     One Key with the running game,  Arkadelphia mainly Killed Mena with the QB keeping it up the middle on the run,  I believe Arkadelphia's QB is a little better runner than Nashville's.   But both teams should score some points,   Mena can't afford to be shut down in the 3rd quarter like it was last week at Arky .

Mena 36
Nashville - 35

hawgfan15

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 20, 2014, 06:17:08 am
Will be a Great game,  really only the winner of this game has a good shot for a top 2 finish in conference with the looser likely finishing 3rd or 4th.    I just feel with the home fans back behind them,   Mena can force a turnover or 2 that they couldn't last week.   Plus it looks like Ashdown had a pretty good game plan against Nashville Shut Down Pettway and you have a shot,   Mena's Secondary is very smart and if the coaching staff feels like that is the key and to make someone else beat them they have a good shot to make that work.     One Key with the running game,  Arkadelphia mainly Killed Mena with the QB keeping it up the middle on the run,  I believe Arkadelphia's QB is a little better runner than Nashville's.   But both teams should score some points,   Mena can't afford to be shut down in the 3rd quarter like it was last week at Arky .

Mena 36
Nashville - 35

First of all Ashdown didn't shut down Pettway lol we just ran the football with our stud Sophomore RB, 22 carries for 227 yards. Nashville's QB isn't as big as Arkadelphias but he is much faster. You will get the same running game as last week with a bigger offensive line and faster backs. Mena won't be able to match up with Pettway, especially with Daugherty out.

hogfan10

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 20, 2014, 10:02:09 am
Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 20, 2014, 06:17:08 am

Mena 36
Nashville - 35

First of all Ashdown didn't shut down Pettway lol we just ran the football with our stud Sophomore RB, 22 carries for 227 yards. Nashville's QB isn't as big as Arkadelphias but he is much faster. You will get the same running game as last week with a bigger offensive line and faster backs. Mena won't be able to match up with Pettway, especially with Daugherty out.

Is Daugherty #20? Why is he out?

~WPS~

#44. Threw a punch and got ejected Friday. Will have to miss this week as well.

hawgfan15

#20 is Davis. He is pretty good

polksalet

Anyone else remember the 96 game when the mena coach lost his mind and punched a hole in the Nashville press box?

FootBallar21

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 20, 2014, 11:03:10 am
#44. Threw a punch and got ejected Friday. Will have to miss this week as well.

I thought he just misses part of this game,   not the entire game,  and it was a questionable call when he was ejected! 

~WPS~

It wasn't questionable. I've seen video of it. He threw and landed a punch.

~WPS~

From the AAA website.

EJECTION RULE
Any school representative or athlete ejected from an event for unsportsmanlike conduct shall automatically be suspended from attending the next comparable event. A comparable event would be one that has already been scheduled and is at the same level of competition as in varsity or junior varsity. Penalty may include forfeiture.

FootBallar21

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 20, 2014, 12:14:51 pm
From the AAA website.

EJECTION RULE
Any school representative or athlete ejected from an event for unsportsmanlike conduct shall automatically be suspended from attending the next comparable event. A comparable event would be one that has already been scheduled and is at the same level of competition as in varsity or junior varsity. Penalty may include forfeiture.

Really a sad situation that that boy made then in that mistake.    if Mena loses a close game,  he would of definitely made the difference. 
Maybe the team can rally al la Georgia with no Todd Gurley and get it done though.   

fbbb22

whippersnapper

hawgfan15

Mena stays in this game and has a good shot at winning if Nashville turns the ball over like a lot of teams have done against the Bearcats this year. If Nashville plays a clean game they win convincingly.

~WPS~

Using Nashville's game against Ashdown to attempt to prove we aren't any good is nonsense. That game was Ashdown's season. It always is, just look at previous years, it's always a low scoring close game even when it shouldn't be. We always get their best game and Friday their best game was two trick plays in the 1st half. We hurt ourselves by not having our head in the game in the 1st half. The second half was dominated by Nashville.

whippersnapper

If this was at the hill I would almost pencil it in as a loss for mena. But after a tough road loss the best cure is a big time home game IMO. It will be tougher without one of the best safeties in 4a but next man up. Coach Harper really focused on defense in the spring and I think he tries to get the team back to that this week. I expect a hard hitting game early. But if one team gives it could be over by 4th qtr.

polksalet

FootBallar21

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 20, 2014, 12:33:44 pm
Using Nashville's game against Ashdown to attempt to prove we aren't any good is nonsense. That game was Ashdown's season. It always is, just look at previous years, it's always a low scoring close game even when it shouldn't be. We always get their best game and Friday their best game was two trick plays in the 1st half. We hurt ourselves by not having our head in the game in the 1st half. The second half was dominated by Nashville.

no one said that LOL

and Polk really, that score,  LOL,   what a joke!   want to talk about a homer pick

~WPS~

Yeah you said that Nashville wasn't any good because we only beat Ashdown 31-15. May have been on the other thread. I can find it if you need proof.

~WPS~

FootBallar21

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 20, 2014, 01:08:24 pm
Yeah you said that Nashville wasn't any good because we only beat Ashdown 31-15. May have been on the other thread. I can find it if you need proof.

obviously an issue procession information, 

Someone else said that Mena wasn't any good because of the loss to Arkadelphia and they probably won't win another game,   I made the point of saying the same could be said of Nashville after they struggled vs Ashdown,   THEN I SAID  " THAT WOULD BE DUMB TO MAKE EITHER OF THOSE POINTS! "

cuckoobird

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 20, 2014, 01:27:04 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 20, 2014, 01:08:24 pm

obviously an issue procession information, 

Someone else said that Mena wasn't any good because of the loss to Arkadelphia and they probably won't win another game,   I made the point of saying the same could be said of Nashville after they struggled vs Ashdown,   THEN I SAID  " THAT WOULD BE DUMB TO MAKE EITHER OF THOSE POINTS! "
a Nashville fan stops processing anything after reading something bad about their team. It's something in the water down there

hawgfan15

Mena is a very solid team that maximizes their talent. They don't tend to beat theirselves and because of that they have been in position to win games. They have also lived off of other teams mistakes and have turned turnovers into points.

Nashville will be the most talented team they have played up to this point. If the Scrappers can play a clean game with few penalties and turnovers this game won't be close. They have only gotten up for two games this season, Hope and Arkadelphia and the outcome of those two games tells you what they are capable of. We happened to be the unfortunate team to catch FL first. Took a very solid team lightly and received our only loss of the season. The Scrappers know what Mena is capable of and will come ready to play. It should be a fun atmosphere.

Bigbossman

October 20, 2014, 11:04:48 pm #36 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 07:25:26 am by Bigbossman
It was me I said they wont win another game, I was mistaken,  they will beat waldron......

2 points ill make, then I got better things to do. #1 if by some off chance mena comes out victorious over Nashville it will be because we shot our self in the foot, either with questionable play calling, or just not being there mentally, I've seen both happen this year.

#2 home field is good but few if any other teams travel like Nashville, we literally invade your town, and in my opinion the crowd gets alot more rowdy away from home.

phdefense

Quote from: Bigbossman on October 20, 2014, 11:04:48 pm
It was me I said they wont win another game, I was mistaken,  they will beat waldron......

2 points ill make, then I got better things to do. #1 if by some off chance mena cones out victorious over Nashville it will be because we shot our self in the foot, either with questionable play calling, or just not being there mentally, I've seen both happen this year.

#2 home field is good but few if any other teams travel like Nashville, we literally invade your town, and in my opinion the crowd gets alot more rowdy away from home.
Okay everyone remain calm...he has excuses and he is not afraid to use them

redeye819

Quote from: phdefense on October 21, 2014, 01:19:19 am

2 points ill make, then I got better things to do. #1 if by some off chance mena cones out victorious over Nashville it will be because we shot our self in the foot, either with questionable play calling, or just not being there mentally, I've seen both happen this year.

No excuses. Just Facts. Now back to your rice patty......carry on.

hogfan10

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 20, 2014, 11:11:15 am
#20 is Davis. He is pretty good

He was pretty scary with the ball in his hands. He's either pretty fast, or we are pretty slow; not sure which.

cuckoobird

Quote from: redeye819 on October 21, 2014, 06:45:54 am
Quote from: phdefense on October 21, 2014, 01:19:19 am

No excuses. Just Facts. Now back to your rice patty......carry on.
No, the only fact we currently know is Nadville played a horrific non con schedule and had your hopes up until fountain lake crushed them. Now, excuses are made pre game in case it happens again.

hawgfan15

I would say there is a lot of hope after beating Arkadelphia 38-21. Ya know that team that beat Stuttgart 42-13.

kjjackson

A little history on Nashville - Mena match up:

Overall record, 38 - 6 in Nashville's favor, Played in Mena record is 15 - 5 in Nashville's favor. Average scores, 31 - 10 overall and 28 - 12 for games in Mena. Nashville has won the last 6 in Mena and the last 13 in a row overall.

So Mena is due and seems to be ready. We'll see how well Nashville plays on the road for this one. This road game goes a long way to give them home field throughout.

FootBallar21

Both teams are very good,  and to say Nashville ONLY LOSES if they shoot themselves in the foot and if they play clean they RUN AWAY With it is a JOKE!,

Mena's offense is for real and will score points,   If Nashville plays clean and Great they win, but it won't be that ugly,  49-30 WORSE CASE for Mena

If Mena plays CLEAN and forces a couple turnovers they can and will win the game.     Nashville is probably the better team and probably wins this game 7 out of 10 times,    but you 2 Nashville fans are acting like Nashville wins this game 99 out of 100 LOL

~WPS~

hawgfan15

We will see very soon. Will you be at the game?

Top Shelf

Quote from: kjjackson on October 21, 2014, 12:29:17 pm
A little history on Nashville - Mena match up:

Overall record, 38 - 6 in Nashville's favor, Played in Mena record is 15 - 5 in Nashville's favor. Average scores, 31 - 10 overall and 28 - 12 for games in Mena. Nashville has won the last 6 in Mena and the last 13 in a row overall.

So Mena is due and seems to be ready. We'll see how well Nashville plays on the road for this one. This road game goes a long way to give them home field throughout.
A Greg Washingtonless Nashville lost to Mena @ Mena 18-13 in 95.  Nashville outgains Mena 239 to 183 yards, but loses on a 4th qtr Bearcat td.  The Scrappers go on to make a run in the playoffs, beating Warren, Nettleton, Atkins and Dollarway before falling in the state title game to conference foe Prescott 14-8.  Which was, quite possibly the coldest game ever played...

whippersnapper

Thanks topshelf. I was curious when the last mena won this game. I know in 94 we went 9-2 with our 1 regular loss was to Nashville. Then 96 quarter finals we had a close first half to just to lose by 4-5 tds

Top Shelf

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 21, 2014, 03:40:19 pm
Thanks topshelf. I was curious when the last mena won this game. I know in 94 we went 9-2 with our 1 regular loss was to Nashville. Then 96 quarter finals we had a close first half to just to lose by 4-5 tds
The 96 game was 14-7 at the half.  The Scrappers go on a 35-7 2nd half run- fueled by Jared McBrides 5 td passes to pull away 49-14.  Scrappers run the table in the playoffs beating Jonathan Adams and the Osceola Seminoles 35-7 in the title game.  Adams had more carries than yards.

FootBallar21

Quote from: Top Shelf on October 21, 2014, 03:48:52 pm
Quote from: whippersnapper on October 21, 2014, 03:40:19 pm
The 96 game was 14-7 at the half.  The Scrappers go on a 35-7 2nd half run- fueled by Jared McBrides 5 td passes to pull away 49-14.  Scrappers run the table in the playoffs beating Jonathan Adams and the Osceola Seminoles 35-7 in the title game.  Adams had more carries than yards.

I still think that 96 Mena team wins the state Title most years,   and that Nashville team in 96 is one of the best in this classification ever!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas