• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most underrated teams in 4a

Started by taclark1996, October 17, 2014, 10:09:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

taclark1996

Any thoughts on who could be the most underrated team this year?

phdefense

LJ06

Dardanelle for one.  They could easily be the top team, but a lot of people are still holding a jury out against them because they are Dardanelle.

taclark1996

Quote from: LJ06 on October 17, 2014, 10:18:14 am
Dardanelle for one.  They could easily be the top team, but a lot of people are still holding a jury out against them because they are Dardanelle.

+1

SUGARTOWN

retiredplayer

Jacketman65

whippersnapper

Yes someone from clinton did predict 10-0

Jacketman65

Sorry, I must have missed that one!

taclark1996

October 17, 2014, 11:25:46 am #9 Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:33:03 am by taclark1996
Yes I did put up a bold prediction of Clinton going 10-0. But I didn't know that the lizard were going to be that good, and I didn't know that clinton would come out like crap in week one, but they did beat highland like I thought they would.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

AirWarren

With an SEC quarterback, I think Harry is on the right track.

FootBallar21

Dardanelle,   Arkadelphia,  Fountain Lake

taclark1996

I'm thinking these three team-
1. Dover
2. Pea ridge
3. Fountain lake

HeberFan

Clinton did not play a bad game in Week 1. They just played a better team.

Ole Legend

IMO Pea Ridge is the most under rated team. After the win tonight they are 7-0.

The Coach

Quote from: HeberFan on October 17, 2014, 04:08:43 pm

Watched that game and Clinton played awful. Thought both teams played bad but, Clinton played worse.

BannerMountainMan

oh yeah that's why they lost in week 1. Because they played a better team. -1 Clinton just wasn't ready

cuckoobird

Or they just cant compete against their old 2-4a foes.

Jacketman65

Come on up if you ever get that feeling.

taclark1996

October 18, 2014, 12:29:43 am #20 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 02:47:12 pm by taclark1996
Quote from: The Coach on October 17, 2014, 11:14:04 pm

Watched that game and Clinton played awful. Thought both teams played bad but, Clinton played worse.

Cfpr

Pea Ridge. Maybe after Shiloh on week 10 they will get a bit of respect. They will go deep in the playoffs.

whippersnapper

The worst case scenario for P Ridge imo is going 10-0 then getting that bye round. If they got the 2 seed then yes I can see a playoff run. But not as the 1.

polksalet

SUGARTOWN

Ole Legend

I agree that PR might be better off with the #2 seed, but I also think they can do it as the #1 seed. They will go deep in the playoffs. I don't think anybody realizes just how good this team is.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ole Legend on October 22, 2014, 04:50:48 pm
I agree that PR might be better off with the #2 seed, but I also think they can do it as the #1 seed. They will go deep in the playoffs. I don't think anybody realizes just how good this team is.
I think I may go watch the PG webcast of this game just to check out Pea Ridge. We haven't heard anything from the PG posters this week...

Ole Legend

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 22, 2014, 05:02:42 pm
I think I may go watch the PG webcast of this game just to check out Pea Ridge. We haven't heard anything from the PG posters this week...

It was a very good game. PR was up 14-0 at half. PG just gave the ball up too much.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ole Legend on October 22, 2014, 05:45:22 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 22, 2014, 05:02:42 pm

It was a very good game. PR was up 14-0 at half. PG just gave the ball up too much.
Well I guess I won't watch it. The only game they have archived is the Gravette game. I guess they don't archive the losses, lol.

Ole Legend

That does not suprise me at tall.

iivydriff

So why would it be easier as the 2 seed than the 1 seed For PR to make a run in the state playoffs? i will agree I think a bye actually hurts a team. But some would probably think it could help a team. Im assuming the folks thinking 2 seed would be easier is because of the way the teams line up up in the bracket.

whippersnapper

I think whoever is the 1 seed from the 1 will lose after the Bye. More then likely will face the 3 seed from the 7. They will have a playoff win and momentum that's huge. The bye can really throw a team out of their routine.

dc24

I'd have to say Stuttgart.  Heard all about how we were going to beat the mess out of them and we didn't do that, even though we had some things working against us.  That being said I've been impressed with how they've played in conference and they still have a chance to win the conference correct?  The way people were talking I didn't know if they'd make the playoffs or maybe be the fifth seed at best.

iivydriff

October 22, 2014, 10:04:07 pm #33 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:13:42 pm by iivydriff
Quote from: whippersnapper on October 22, 2014, 09:47:36 pm
I think whoever is the 1 seed from the 1 will lose after the Bye. More then likely will face the 3 seed from the 7. They will have a playoff win and momentum that's huge. The bye can really throw a team out of their routine.

yes I agree with the bye throwing a team out of their routine. Been there and done that in high school and I do think a bye makes a team not quiet as sharp after a week off. But also The winner of 1 will have the home field advantage all the way through except the final game if they were to go that far so that could be a plus. I just looked at the brackets. I hadnt seen them until now. I dont think its a good idea for a team to look ahead when they need to concentrate on their next opponent and just take it one game at a time. It makes for some interesting conversation for the old guys and right now that is all it is opinions and conversation.

The Coach

October 22, 2014, 10:22:51 pm #34 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:24:29 pm by The Coach
Don't see anyone from the 1-4a getting very far in the playoffs  just my opinion. That conference is down this yr with PG struggling and Farmington moving up.

Berryville, Gentry, Lincoln, and Huntsville are all bad teams. Gravette is avg at best. PG and Shiloh are ok nothing special and PR who knows.

iivydriff

October 22, 2014, 10:34:12 pm #35 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:11:52 pm by iivydriff
i hear that same thing said every year about the 1-4a.

The Coach

Sorry but this conference isn't very good this yr with PG struggling a little bit and losing Farmington. Shiloh isn't the same team they were when they left then came crawling back.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong but I'm not holding my breath.

noonerricky

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 22, 2014, 01:48:07 pm
The worst case scenario for P Ridge imo is going 10-0 then getting that bye round. If they got the 2 seed then yes I can see a playoff run. But not as the 1.

Either way they are out in the second round. They might get past the winner of region 3 pending on who it is but no way they are getting past the quarterfinals

TIGER101

October 23, 2014, 09:52:50 am #38 Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:42:26 am by TIGER101
Sugartown the person who in the past has put the games up isn't doing it anymore.   The class is supposed to, but hasn't been doing it all year for some reason.  IDK.....

As for the 1-4A I also believe it will be very difficult for any team to get a victory in the playoffs.   It will come down to a match-up but none are advancing past the second round. 

I hear Shiloh will be down next year..  that's just what I heard, but don't know this.  PG and Pea Ridge is still one year away.

I know that won't be a very popular statement but it's the facts.  Conference in way down this year.

Tigerdad2

PG is two years away, When the current 9th and 10th graders are JR and SR's.
Next years team will be similar to this years. I agree the   1-4a  will struggle to win a playoff game. Pea Ridge will make it to the 2nd round, but I wouldn't call that a deep playoff run. PG could possibly win the first round depending on their match up, if they play a team that has never played them, they won't be able to figure their offense out in a week

TrackGrad

Fountain Lake, as well as Mena have been surprising thus joining the 7-4A, but my vote goes to Bauxite. I think if they were in different conference, they could push for the 2 or 3 Seed.

intruder

Very true, All 3 of those are competing very well

AirWarren

That number 23 from bauxite is some kind of football player.

CatchTheGreyhound!

October 24, 2014, 11:53:55 pm #43 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 12:54:45 am by CatchTheGreyhound!
And "NO ONE" mentions the Greyhounds??? Unbelievable,  Just unbelievable :o I guess we have to back to doing what we do best, and that's hand out more free greyhound ticket home!!

phdefense

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on October 24, 2014, 11:53:55 pm
And "NO ONE" mentions the Greyhounds??? Unbelievable,  Just unbelievable :o I guess we have ho back to doing what we do best, and that's hand out more free greyhound ticket home!!
I think that's because the Greyhounds are rated highly. They were one of the preseason favorites. You can't be underrated when people think you are one of the best.

ShilohSaint

Quote from: TIGER101 on October 23, 2014, 09:52:50 am
Sugartown the person who in the past has put the games up isn't doing it anymore.   The class is supposed to, but hasn't been doing it all year for some reason.  IDK.....

As for the 1-4A I also believe it will be very difficult for any team to get a victory in the playoffs.   It will come down to a match-up but none are advancing past the second round. 

I hear Shiloh will be down next year..  that's just what I heard, but don't know this.  PG and Pea Ridge is still one year away.

I know that won't be a very popular statement but it's the facts.  Conference in way down this year.

I believe Shiloh will have a better team next year than they do this year. They return their starting QB, RB, two WRs, and entire offensive line on offense as well as get their best lineman back next season who is missing this season. On defense they return a couple of starting defensive linemen and 2 of their 3 starting LBs. They do have to replace 3 of their 4 secondary starters.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas