• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FF 8-4A Ranking

Started by tommicozzy, October 15, 2014, 09:44:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tommicozzy

1.Hamburg
2.Dollarway
3.Warren
4.Star City
5.Monticello
6.Crossett
7.Dumas
8.Dewitt

Jack1990

A very interesting opinion...

retiredplayer

1.Warren
2. Dollarway
3. Hamburg
4.Star City
5. Monticello
6.Crossett
7.Warren 2nd string
8. Dumas/Dewitt

LJ06

I watched the Hamburg/SC film.  Hamburg has a very opportunistic defense.  They force turnovers, have good size, and extreme speed.  However, Star City was able to move the ball on them.  They just happen to get the turnover bug when they got inside Hamburgs 10.  The Lions do have some pretty good athletes, but I was surprised they didn't attack SC's defense better than they did.

retiredplayer

Quote from: LJ06 on October 15, 2014, 10:36:20 am
I watched the Hamburg/SC film.  Hamburg has a very opportunistic defense.  They force turnovers, have good size, and extreme speed.  However, Star City was able to move the ball on them.  They just happen to get the turnover bug when they got inside Hamburgs 10.  The Lions do have some pretty good athletes, but I was surprised they didn't attack SC's defense better than they did.

do you think they are trying to hold back and not put much on film until they face dollarway or warren?

LJ06

Quote from: retiredplayer on October 15, 2014, 10:46:52 am

do you think they are trying to hold back and not put much on film until they face dollarway or warren?

No way.  They had to beat SC at all cost to stay in contention for the conference crown.  You can't hold anything back this time of year.

retiredplayer

Quote from: LJ06 on October 15, 2014, 11:18:22 am

No way.  They had to beat SC at all cost to stay in contention for the conference crown.  You can't hold anything back this time of year.

i know its a few weeks out but in your opinion  how do you think warren will fair against hamburg and dollarway  if we are 100% healthy

LJ06

Quote from: retiredplayer on October 15, 2014, 11:27:30 am
Quote from: LJ06 on October 15, 2014, 11:18:22 am

i know its a few weeks out but in your opinion  how do you think warren will fair against hamburg and dollarway  if we are 100% healthy

Hamburg we can beat for sure.  I think it will be similar to last year's game, maybe a tad closer.  Dollarway will be tough.  We can win, but it will be tough...especially being in Dollarway.

cuckoobird

1. Dollarway
2. Hamburg
2. Warren
4. Star City
5. Monticello
6. Crossett
7. Dewitt
8. Dumas

Jack1990

1. Dollarway
1. Warren
3. Hamburg
4. Star City
5. Monticello
6. Crossett
7. Dewitt
8. Dumas

I know both at #1 aren't very likely, but they are just too close in my mind to separate.  However 3-8... I'm pretty confident with.

retiredplayer

I do but I don't understand how people are putting dollarway at #1.  They haven't played anyone yet in conference that has tested them.  And IMO  Camden Fairview is their only pre-season that we of any good competition .  the other teams are both 3-3.  If anyone can hold dollarway to a few 3 and out  and score.  Their defense will break and lose the game for them.  And my argument for that is they haven't played anyone

LJ06

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 15, 2014, 12:49:56 pm
1. Dollarway
2. Hamburg
2. Warren
4. Star City
5. Monticello
6. Crossett
7. Dewitt
8. Dumas

Never surprises me

cuckoobird

Quote from: LJ06 on October 15, 2014, 01:05:36 pm
1. Dollarway
2. Hamburg
2. Warren
4. Star City
5. Monticello
6. Crossett
7. Dewitt
8. Dumas

Never surprises me
I have you tied for second and with the head to head going to Warren

retiredplayer

Warren wins the 8-4A with dollarway riding the coat tail in 2nd place and them looking in the rearview at hamburg

cuckoobird

Quote from: retiredplayer on October 15, 2014, 01:30:14 pm
Warren wins the 8-4A with dollarway riding the coat tail in 2nd place and them looking in the rearview at hamburg
mmm I don't think dollarway needs any coat tails to ride. Ya'll only have 40% of the titles they have

retiredplayer

If Warren keeps playing the way they are now  I don't see anyone stepping up to their level.  Warren is clicking on all cylinders right now and hopefully we don't slow down.  Dollarway is going to be warrens biggest competition and I believe Warren pulls our a close one in Pine bluff at end of conference play.   

cuckoobird

Quote from: retiredplayer on October 15, 2014, 01:34:45 pm
If Warren keeps playing the way they are now  I don't see anyone stepping up to their level.  Warren is clicking on all cylinders right now and hopefully we don't slow down.  Dollarway is going to be warrens biggest competition and I believe Warren pulls our a close one in Pine bluff at end of conference play.
clicking on all cylinders against Crossett, dumas, and Star city who didn't play anyone in non conference and has lost 2 straight. Maybe it's just who you've played and not how you've played. Just a thought

retiredplayer

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 15, 2014, 01:38:57 pm
clicking on all cylinders against Crossett, dumas, and Star city who didn't play anyone in non conference and has lost 2 straight. Maybe it's just who you've played and not how you've played. Just a thought

Your right  Warren didn't play well against Crossett.  But they shut down dumas all game and star city in the 2nd half.  Warren didn't find their offensive chemistry until late in the crossest game and its been on ever since.  We started the year out slow and didn't have a consistent QB but When Gorman came in during the Crossett game  and lit it up   nobody has been able to stop them  It just opened up the running game and now We can throw or run  whatever bo wants to do.  Our boys are confident in each others ability to move the ball down the field and make plays.  so therefore They are clicking on all cylinders. 

cuckoobird

Quote from: retiredplayer on October 15, 2014, 01:44:22 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on October 15, 2014, 01:38:57 pm

Your right  Warren didn't play well against Crossett.  But they shut down dumas all game and star city in the 2nd half.  Warren didn't find their offensive chemistry until late in the crossest game and its been on ever since.  We started the year out slow and didn't have a consistent QB but When Gorman came in during the Crossett game  and lit it up   nobody has been able to stop them  It just opened up the running game and now We can throw or run  whatever bo wants to do.  Our boys are confident in each others ability to move the ball down the field and make plays.  so therefore They are clicking on all cylinders.
ok

cardinalgalore

1. Dollarway
2. Hamburg
2. Warren
4. Star City
5. Monticello
6. Crossett
7. Dewitt
8. Dumas

Exactly what I had..

green-eagle

1. Warren
2. Dollarway
3. Hamburg
4. Crossett
5. Star city
6. Monticello
7. Dumas
8. Dewitt

bulldoghistorian

1 Warren
2 Dollarway
3 Hamburg
4 Star City
5 Crossett
6 Monticello
7 Dumas
8 Dewitt.

CounterPunch

This is getting interesting

AirWarren

Quote from: cardinalgalore on October 18, 2014, 01:00:19 pm
1. Dollarway
2. Hamburg
2. Warren
4. Star City
5. Monticello
6. Crossett
7. Dewitt
8. Dumas

Exactly what I had..

Which means zip after your loss to Star city. Feel free to come back and provide feedback after tonight.

zebrafan

CatchTheGreyhound!

Warren is way to deep on offense!  Thier passing game has come alive as well, in my opinion crossett is the closest any 8-4A team will get to possibly beating them. However, they may want to savor the next two weeks, because playoffs will be a lot more challenging!

CounterPunch

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on October 24, 2014, 10:56:58 pm
Warren is way to deep on offense!  Thier passing game has come alive as well, in my opinion crossett is the closest any 8-4A team will get to possibly beating them. However, they may want to savor the next two weeks, because playoffs will be a lot more challenging!
the top 5 teams from 8-4a will be battle tested come playoff time

CounterPunch

LJ, could you give us some scenarios for seeding in this conference with remaining games? You are smarter than me.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas