• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4A Week 7

Started by hawgfan15, October 13, 2014, 01:50:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan15

The game of the week lived up to the hype as Arkadelphia pulled off an OT victory at Fountain Lake. Malvern had little problem putting away Ashdown on the road and Mena remains unbeaten after beating Bauxite. Nashville took care of Waldron early and had a chance to rest the starters in the 2nd half.

Game of the Week

Mena (6-0, 3-0) @ Arkadelphia (5-1, 2-1)

Mena pulled away from Bauxite in the 2nd half last Friday. The Bearcats are the only unbeaten team left in 7-4A and will have their toughest road game so far this week. Arkadelphia won a thriller in OT on the road against a good Fountain Lake team. The Badgers will have to forget that one and prepare for another tough test at home. Coach Eldridge will have his team ready to play. This should be another great game in 7-4A and could go either way. I have to go with the home team in this one.

Arkadelphia 28

Mena 21

Fountain Lake (4-1-1, 2-1) @ Bauxite (3-3, 1-2)

The Cobras are coming off of a tough loss to Arkadelphia. They will have to have a short memory and carry their level of play the last two weeks with them on the road to face a hungry Bauxite team. The Miners played Mena tough for 3 quarters. They will need to upset either Fountain Lake, Arkadelphia, or Nashville to have any shot at the playoffs. I think the Cobra rushing attack will be too much for the Miners in this one.

Fountain Lake 42

Bauxite 14

Nashville (5-1, 2-1) @ Ashdown (2-4, 0-3)

The Scrappers celebrated Homecoming with a blow out win over Waldron. The mercy rule win allowed the Scrappers to rest their starters in the 2nd half for the final stretch of the regular season. Ashdown has been the disappointment of 7-4A so far. The Panthers have underachieved all season and haven't shown any signs of figuring things out anytime soon. This is a heated rivalry though and Ashdown always seems to bring their best game of the season against the Scrappers. I still think Nashville will be too much in this one and will get a little pay back for last season.

Nashville 49

Ashdown 14

Malvern (4-2, 2-1) @ Waldron (0-6, 0-3)

The Leopards pounced on Ashdown at home last Friday in a blow out win. Malvern finds themselves in a 4 way tie at 2-1 in the conference. They should improve that record to 3-1 after Friday night. Waldron showed me Friday night that they have a few talented sophomores. It is just going to take a couple of years with their new coach and in this new conference before they are ready to win. Malvern wins big in this win.

Malvern 49

Waldron 7

Conference Standings

1. Mena                3-0
2. Arkadelphia        2-1
    Fountain Lake    2-1
    Malvern            2-1
    Nashville           2-1
6. Bauxite             1-2
7. Ashdown           0-3
    Waldron            0-3

My Projected Finish

1. Nashville
2. Arkadelphia
3. Mena
4. Fountain Lake
5. Malvern
6. Bauxite
7. Ashdown
8. Waldron

Feel free to post your predictions, thoughts, and insight on all of these games.

FootBallar21

This could be the toughest game for Mena all year as they really thrive will off the fans at home.
I still think they can pull this one off though, it will be a great game and probably come down to can Mena continue to force turnovers.

Mena 34
Arkadelphia 31

Fountain Lake vs Bauxite could be interesting early as Bauxite is a very talented team.   
Fountain Lake 35
Bauxite 14

Nashville - 56
Ashdown - 7

Malvern 100000000000
Waldron 000000000007

THE D.O.C

FootBallar21  did your hand slip with the Waldron/Malvern pick?
Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 13, 2014, 11:33:00 am
This could be the toughest game for Mena all year as they really thrive will off the fans at home.
I still think they can pull this one off though, it will be a great game and probably come down to can Mena continue to force turnovers.

Mena 34
Arkadelphia 31

Fountain Lake vs Bauxite could be interesting early as Bauxite is a very talented team.   
Fountain Lake 35
Bauxite 14

Nashville - 56
Ashdown - 7

Malvern 100000000000
Waldron 000000000007

FootBallar21

Quote from: THE D.O.C on October 13, 2014, 01:39:35 pm
FootBallar21  did your hand slip with the Waldron/Malvern pick?
Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 13, 2014, 11:33:00 am

Mena 34
Arkadelphia 31

Fountain Lake 35
Bauxite 14

Nashville - 56
Ashdown - 7

Malvern 100000000000
Waldron 000000000007

Obviously won't be that bad,  but really shouldn't we all feel bad for Waldron,  not sure when they lost won a conference game in 4-4A,  but they may never Win a game in the 7-4A EVER!

Real score, 

Malvern 55
Waldron - 7

FBfan79

I say this conference does pretty good in the playoffs...  I know its hard to tell and matchups will play a big part but this conference is full of good teams.

hawgfan15

Loaded

I think 8-4A is better at the top but 7-4A is the deepest conference

arklasports57

7-4a is loaded. Reminds me of the SEC. Too freaking many power teams

FBfan79

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 18, 2014, 12:26:23 am
Loaded

Agreed

THE D.O.C

Quote from: FBfan79 on October 18, 2014, 12:51:28 am
Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 18, 2014, 12:26:23 am
Loaded

Agreed
Yeah 7-4A is loaded for instance, Bauxite has shown they are contenders and could beat a lot of teams in the confrence but might not make the playoffs.

hawgfan15

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas