• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mena @ Arkadelphia

Started by FBfan79, October 12, 2014, 08:43:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FBfan79

Time to see how good Mena is.  How does Mena stack up against Arkadelphia? 

hawgfan15

Can the Mena offensive line protect Kesterson and can the WR's get open? Keys to the game for Mena.

whippersnapper

I feel like this will be a low scoring game. Right now mena is really hitting on all cylinders and it's hard for me not to go against them.

polksalet

How long since mena has won a district title?

whippersnapper

arklasports57

Put an end to our short run for a title in 2012.....real quick.  To me. They're real dangerous. But I do have faith that Eldridge will have the team prepared.

Fury

I wonder if Arkadelphia will stay focused for this game after last Friday? I think Arky is too much for Mena to handle. If the Badgers don't turn the ball over, they will win. Not sold on Mena just yet.

whippersnapper

Mena has almost a completely different coaching staff since the 2012 game. I'm sure the seniors will be ready. I want to say this, Mena and Arkadelphia always play close. The cats have never been intimidated by them. Mena's lone state championship was won against the badgers. Also mena has won 2 straight in the series. 

Bigbossman

This should be the best game in 7-4a this week. I think mena wants it worse, and I think they fight hard, but I think offensively arkadelphia will have the edge And i think that wins it for them. I don't look for this to be a blow out.
-Arkadelphia by a touchdown and a fieldgoal-

whippersnapper

Mena Numbers: 38.5 ppg on offense 21 points on defense
Arkadelphia Numbers: 38 pg on offense 19 points on defense

Bigbossman

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 12, 2014, 10:12:56 pm
Mena Numbers: 38.5 ppg on offense 21 points on defense
Arkadelphia Numbers: 38 pg on offense 19 points on defense
I know brother, those numbers look better, but I feel like mena still has the meat and potatoes of their schedule ahead of them while arkadelphia, after this week should, should be about done. Dont get me wrong im not a arkadelphia homer in the least bit, I'd love nothing more than to see mena win this one, I just think arkadelphia has the edge.

hawgfan15

The big question for Arkadelphia is will Cooper be back this week? They are going to have to get a pass rush against Mena. Kesterson is too good to give him much time in the pocket.

FootBallar21

Only common opponent was Hot Springs,  which Mena played like crap in the first half and barely won 22-21 late,  While Arkadelphia won easily 35-13
There is no doubt as Arkadelphia has the better defense in terms of keeping points off the board and overall speed.    Mena's defense is one of the best about forcing turnovers though.  so I believe it is pretty close.    I fully expect this game to be very similar to the Nashville Vs Arkadelphia game.    and it will probably take Mena forcing some turnovers late to win it,   if they don't get that expect Arkadelphia to hang on to a close game.   

Mena 34
Arkadelphia 31

Fury

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 13, 2014, 11:38:28 am
Only common opponent was Hot Springs,  which Mena played like crap in the first half and barely won 22-21 late,  While Arkadelphia won easily 35-13
There is no doubt as Arkadelphia has the better defense in terms of keeping points off the board and overall speed.    Mena's defense is one of the best about forcing turnovers though.  so I believe it is pretty close.    I fully expect this game to be very similar to the Nashville Vs Arkadelphia game.    and it will probably take Mena forcing some turnovers late to win it,   if they don't get that expect Arkadelphia to hang on to a close game.   

Mena 34
Arkadelphia 31

Me too...
Arkadelphia 38
Mena 21
::)

THE D.O.C

Mena has a good team. They execute well with read option and they also play smart defense. Arkadelphia, Nashville, Fountain Lake are the next 3 conference teams they play, in that order, with 2 out of the 3 on the road. Tall task for any team to achieve. I think they will come to play but I just don't see them beating Arkadoo on the road.  These next 3 games will be a good test for them covering all phases.

Arkadoo 38
Mena      24

arklasports57

Honestly the Badger team has surprised me a bit so far this year.  I expected a year of re-building after losing duo Howell and Oliver but they have rallied back better than expected IMO.  Size and depth seem to be an improvement this year and the usual great coaching skills.  Still room for improvement though on a few key positions before I would hope for a great playoff run.  Mena game this Friday will be a close one but of course will have to give the Badgers the win by a nose.

Arkadelphia - 21
Mena -         17

polksalet

Arky 35
Mena 14

I have no faith in mena.

CatchTheGreyhound!

Don't underestimate a team like mena.

Too close to call
34 Arky
35 mena
Could very well be the opposite!

FootBallar21

Quote from: polksalet on October 13, 2014, 04:54:47 pm
Arky 35
Mena 14

I have no faith in mena.

No way either team wins by 3 TD's ,  this one will be close!

ezmoney87

When. Arkadelphia an mena face mena Always beat Arkadelphia

Fury

Quote from: polksalet on October 13, 2014, 04:54:47 pm
Arky 35
Mena 14

I have no faith in mena.

+1 !!! I might have to change my prediction to match this one.

green-eagle

Coach Harper and Team may have this one!!!

Buck50

kjjackson

Quote from: Fury on October 13, 2014, 01:21:07 pm
Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 13, 2014, 11:38:28 am

Mena 34
Arkadelphia 31

Me too...
Arkadelphia 38
Mena 21
::)

You mean they will hold Arkadelphia to less than two yards a carry? I think they give up way too many points to teams not very good. Just can't see them stopping the Badgers.

polksalet

Is cooper playing this week?

1forall

arklasports57

Thursday scores

8th grade Arkie 20-Mena 0
9 th grade Arkie 27-Mena 6

Doesn't really make me feel much better. Mena varsity is tough but glad to see the jv scores

FootBallar21

Quote from: arklasports57 on October 16, 2014, 11:01:14 pm
Thursday scores

8th grade Arkie 20-Mena 0
9 th grade Arkie 27-Mena 6

Doesn't really make me feel much better. Mena varsity is tough but glad to see the jv scores

Mena has some nice classes coming up that should be in the JR ranks here in the next couple years should see that turn around.   

03Badger

23-22 ARK halftime

Mena player picked the incomplete pass off the ground bobbles and took it in for a score. Bad call.

Refs gave mena 8 on that drive.

HawgBall06

Quote from: 03Badger on October 17, 2014, 08:12:07 pm
23-22 ARK halftime

Mena player picked the incomplete pass off the ground bobbles and took it in for a score. Bad call.

Refs gave mena 8 on that drive.

Arky announcers thought it was a catch and Mena was at the 5 yard, so are you thinking Mena wouldn't thrown it into the end zone on the next play, since an incomplete call would have stopped the clock?

whippersnapper

Arkadelphia has gutted mena tonight on the power read

mossflyer

Mena has killed themselves with penalties but have been able to stay in it with 3 big plays.

whippersnapper

Can someone at the game if a player was just ejected? I am watching online and left the room for a minute

HawgBall06

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 17, 2014, 09:29:31 pm
Can someone at the game if a player was just ejected? I am watching online and left the room for a minute

Yes, a Mena player was ejected but nobody seems to know why.

mossflyer

A Mena player threw a punch at a player on the Arkadelphia sideline

HawgBall06

Quote from: mossflyer on October 17, 2014, 09:32:41 pm
A Mena player threw a punch at a player on the Arkadelphia sideline

OK, the radio crew kept saying they didn't see anything.

mossflyer

I really didn't think it warranted an ejection.

FootBallar21

Great game,  TWO very evenly matched teams,    a HUGE face mask penalty on 2nd and long and a fumble that Mena recovered really turned the game,  Mena would of had the Ball down 8 in Arkadelphia territory.   In stead it is First and 10 for Arkadelphia at around the Mena 30,  and a few plays later TD Arkadelphia to go up 15.      Mena faught hard,   but couldn't get out of their own way with TONs of penalties all night.   Some VERY questionable!
Down 40-28 late and a INT should of ended the game there,  but for some reason up 12 points with 1 Minute left Arkadelphia comes out passing and fumbles the ball , throws and incomplete pass and has to punt back to Mena,    Mena slips on the punt and fumbles it and with 13 SECONDS LEFT IN THE GAME Arkadelphia up 40-28 They attempt to throw the ball in the end zone really shows a lot about their team,  Mena has WON every game,  most end with Mena with the ball DOWNING IT!   but Arkadelphia is throwing it in the end zone with 13 Seconds left,   Luckily Mena gets the INT!     

Hats off to Arkadelphia not sure how the Ashdown Nashville game finished right now,  but I believe they may be the best team in 7-4A very complete team and did deserve the win tonight!     

mossflyer

This conference will more than likely come down to a tie. You want to try win by 13 points if possible.

FootBallar21

Quote from: mossflyer on October 17, 2014, 09:51:34 pm
This conference will more than likely come down to a tie. You want to try win by 13 points if possible.

Then kick a field goal ,  they win by 15

mossflyer

Not saying it was a good call. Just giving a reason for the decision.

FootBallar21

I don't think it will be that big of a tie though, I think Mena and Arkadelphia both finish 6-1 in Conference and Arkadelphia gets the edge for head to head win!   Looking at this weeks scores I believe Arkadelphia is the best team in 7-4A and Mena and Fountain Lake may be the 2nd and 3rd best,   ONE BIG Key for Arkadelphia and Mena,     Arkadelphia takes drivers seat for 7-4A if Mena wins next week vs Nashville . and the Game is At Mena which is a Huge Edge for Mena.  If this game was in Mena it could of been much different, 

03Badger

quit crying. the penalties was as much for each team. every big play for Arkadelphia seemed to gain a flag and call back.

mena was only in the game because of the refs. mena couldnt stop up the middle runs. mena couldnt block the Arkadelphia dline. if a player punches another player, that player is ejected.

mena was a decent team. and i thought the game would be closer than the score and actual play showed.

and about the last seconds throwing deep with the lead and win, its called points. need to win a conference game by 13.

Arkadelphia FINALLY beats mena.

good game.

03Badger

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 17, 2014, 09:55:43 pm

I don't think it will be that big of a tie though, I think Mena and Arkadelphia both finish 6-1 in Conference and Arkadelphia gets the edge for head to head win!   Looking at this weeks scores I believe Arkadelphia is the best team in 7-4A and Mena and Fountain Lake may be the 2nd and 3rd best,   ONE BIG Key for Arkadelphia and Mena,     Arkadelphia takes drivers seat for 7-4A if Mena wins next week vs Nashville . and the Game is At Mena which is a Huge Edge for Mena.  If this game was in Mena it could of been much different,

why would it be different? do yall pick the refs out of the home stands?

03Badger

class is overrated. class doesnt win games, points do.

~WPS~

What happened to the big bad Mena defense? Lol

03Badger

23-22 Arkadelphia at half.
17-7 Arkadelphia in the 2nd half.

FootBallar21

Who was crying,  I gave all the credit to Arkadelphia,    there was tons of penalties on both sides,  more on Mena though and BIGGER ones on Mena, 
Saying the refs kept Mena in the Game is a JOKE LOL . 

the game COULD OF not for sure but could of been different at Mena,  as Mena plays better with the big home fans cheering them on,   I said nothing about Refs ,  would of been the same refs,  that's not the difference,  I've even said I think Arkadelphia is probably the best 7-4A team, and Yet , you guys feel the need to try to bash me and Mena LOL,  same class that was displayed on the field I See,  Good Game and Good Luck! 

FootBallar21

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 17, 2014, 10:44:18 pm
What happened to the big bad Mena defense? Lol

What happened to Mena's defense was nothing,  really,  the defense was good , far from Great, Like I said we need to force Turn OVers and the Key was the fumble Mena sacked the QB and forced that was called back on a Face Mask,   Mena did end up with 2 INT I believe though.    The Problem with Mena's Defense was Mena's Special Teams,  I believe Arkadelphia started 90% of its processions  in Mena Territory,  When your defense is good at Bending and not breaking and forcing Turn overs,  that is tough to do when Your opponent only has 30, 40 yards to go every time for a TD every TIME,   that's credit to Arkadelphia's special teams which played very good! 

swarfan

Arkadelphia was trying to score to get the full 13 points for conference tie breakers.  Nothing wrong with that at all IMO.  This conference currently has 5 teams tied for first place.  It's very possible that points will come into play for plaoyff seeding tiebreakers. 

As for the rest of the game....Mena made a living with the big play.  Officials missed calls both ways (typical high school football officiating).  The facemask penalty which took away the Mena fumble recovery was the right call.  The QB nearly had his head ripped off on play.  Tough break for Mena but definitely the right call. 

Arkadelphia once again came out very strong in 2nd half.  This has become very common for Eldridge. 

It should be an exciting last 3 weeks of the regular season to see how this conference race shakes out.  Big game next week with Nashville traveling to Mena. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas