• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playoff Predictions - Week 7

Started by LJ06, October 12, 2014, 03:12:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

Projected Conference Finishes

1-4A

1.  Shiloh Christian
2.  Prairie Grove
3.  Pea Ridge
4.  Gravette
5.  Gentry

2-4A

1.  Helena
2.  Newport
3.  Stuttgart
4.  Heber Springs
5.  Lonoke

3-4A

1.  Gosnell
2.  Highland
3.  Pocahontas
4.  Cave City
5.  Jonesboro Westside

4-4A

1.  Dardanelle
2.  Pottsville
3.  Clinton
4.  Ozark
5.  Dover

7-4A

1.  Nashville
2.  Arkadelphia
3.  Fountain Lake
4.  Mena
5.  Malvern

8-4A

1.  Warren
2.  Dollarway
3.  Hamburg
4.  Star City
5.  Monticello

W 1 Shiloh Christian
BYE

3rd 7 Fountain Lake
4th 3 Cave City

W 8 Warren
5th 1 Gentry

3rd 4 Clinton
3rd 3 Pocahontas

W 2 Helena-West Helena
5th 8 Monticello

2nd 7 Arkadelphia
5th 2 Lonoke

2nd 4 Pottsville
4th 7 Mena

2nd 3 Highland
4th 4 Ozark

W 7 Nashville
BYE

3rd 1 Pea Ridge
4th 2 Heber Springs

W 4 Dardanelle
5th 7 Malvern

3rd 8 Hamburg
3rd 2 Stuttgart

W 3 Gosnell
5th 4 Dover

2nd 1 Prairie Grove
5th 3 Jonesboro Westside

2nd 8 Dollarway
4th 1 Gravette

2nd 2 Newport
4th 8 Star City

AirWarren

Neither side of the bracket looks to be fun.

CounterPunch

I hate looking at brackets this early but the Newport Star City matchup looks interesting in 1st round if that plays out.

AirWarren

Yup. And a possible Shiloh/fountain lake matchup for warren in the 2nd.

CounterPunch

Quote from: AirWarren on October 12, 2014, 04:12:52 pm
Top half looks like an easy road to War Memorial for winner of 8-4a (Warren, dollarway, Hamburg). Just my observation...

whippersnapper

The 3 seed from 7 has a pretty good shot at practicing thanksgiving

AirWarren

Quote from: CounterPunch on October 12, 2014, 04:14:52 pm
Top half looks like an easy road to War Memorial for winner of 8-4a (Warren, dollarway, Hamburg). Just my observation...

How so?

CounterPunch

Quote from: AirWarren on October 12, 2014, 04:25:48 pm

How so?
Arkie looks to be best team beside #1 from 8-4a up there. Again, just my opinion. And a lot of times my opinion stinks.

AirWarren

Mena is good.
Shiloh is never easy.
Fountain lake is like booneville.
Arkie is no slouche.
Highland isn't.

Looks like a not so easy road to me.

LJ06

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 12, 2014, 04:25:15 pm
The 3 seed from 7 has a pretty good shot at practicing thanksgiving

Extremely good shot

whippersnapper

Yeah I'd say either side is fairly balanced. The same would be said about the top if Dardanelle(1 seed 4) was up there instead of the bottom.  The 3 seed from 4 going to Warren in the 2nd round could be a pretty good match up. That late in the season and 2 ground teams like Clinton or Pottsville at 3rd maybe.

Jacketman65

What about Robinson out of the 4?  I have a feeling that they will be involved.

LJ06

Quote from: Jacketman65 on October 12, 2014, 04:38:42 pm

It's possible for sure

whippersnapper

I think I see where CP is coming from. We're only really talking about 3 conference winners "making" the run. Dardanelle, 1-8 and 1-7 seeds. The 3 winner won't make it past the 2nd if they get out of the 1st. I'm not sold on shiloh being the 1 just yet because Pea Ridge is looking good. And the dreaded by round. And best of luck on 2-4 conf. I'll say if Newport wins out and gets the 1 seed. They will be pretty hot going into the playoffs. And would have home field till the semifinals

AirWarren

Pulaski Tobinson and TJ Hammond(I think that's his name) will be no joke to face.

hawgfan15

Quote from: AirWarren on October 12, 2014, 04:47:55 pm
Pulaski Tobinson and TJ Hammond(I think that's his name) will be no joke to face.

Yep that is him, absolute game changer.

AirWarren

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 12, 2014, 04:49:31 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on October 12, 2014, 04:47:55 pm

Yep that is him, absolute game changer.

Kid is an athlete. Great size and speed. I figure robinson will be able to tussle with anyone just with him.

beach bum

October 12, 2014, 08:46:12 pm #17 Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:48:06 pm by beach bum
Semifinals will be 2nd from 8 vs. W4/W7... And W8 vs. 2nd place from 7.... Potential of an all South AR affair if Dardanelle cant get past the road game of playing at the W7 in the quarters. That will be quite a quarterfinal matchup.

AirWarren

South Arkansas is STRONG again this year with Warren, hamburg , dollarway, Nashville, and Arkadelphia in the mix.

whippersnapper

Seems like the last few years the playoffs was better then the last. And here it looks that way again

arklasports57

Quote from: CounterPunch on October 12, 2014, 04:28:16 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on October 12, 2014, 04:25:48 pm

How so?
Arkie looks to be best team beside #1 from 8-4a up there. Again, just my opinion. And a lot of times my opinion stinks.

Have to agree that the top half of the bracket looks the easier of the two in this scenario, but that's all it is at this point. And even so FL should not be taken too lightly. We'll let you know about Mena Friday night. Lol.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on October 12, 2014, 08:49:40 pm
South Arkansas is STRONG again this year with Warren, hamburg , dollarway, Nashville, and Arkadelphia in the mix.
Or maybe the south just has the most posters making the most noise on here. Last year in the semis we had 2 teams from the north and 2 from the south. The previous year we had 3 from the north and 1 from the south...

arklasports57

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 12, 2014, 10:04:32 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on October 12, 2014, 08:49:40 pm
Or maybe the south just has the most posters making the most noise on here. Last year in the semis we had 2 teams from the north and 2 from the south. The previous year we had 3 from the north and 1 from the south...

I thought about that too and chose to overlook the probable possibility ;D BUT, I just think we have very passionate fans in LA win or lose.

bulldoghistorian

If Star City wins out, it's possible they could get the third seed!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on October 12, 2014, 10:20:04 pm
It's POSSIBLE. But you got smoked by Warren and Hamburg and one of those was a home game. I really can't see you beating Dollarway.

Ole Legend

Pea Ridge will be the 1 or 2 out of the 4a-1. I have been to every game, and they look pretty good. I would compare them to the 2012 Pea Ridge team that went 10-2, and that is the year that they beat Monticello 42-0 in the first round of the playoffs.

whippersnapper

I could really see Pea Ridge turning into a consistent top program in the conference much like Pg and the run Gravette made a few years ago. But gotta get back to back winning seasons first. Good luck the rest of the year. 

armchajrhog5

Quote from: LJ06 on October 12, 2014, 04:43:13 pm
Quote from: Jacketman65 on October 12, 2014, 04:38:42 pm

It's possible for sure

Robinson Clinton Dover Ozark are all interchangeable .Will know a lot more after the Clinton/Robinson game this Friday

CounterPunch

October 13, 2014, 07:44:17 am #28 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:47:16 am by CounterPunch
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 12, 2014, 10:24:58 pm
It's POSSIBLE. But you got smoked by Warren and Hamburg and one of those was a home game. I really can't see you beating Dollarway.
It was 27-20 with 3 minutes left in the game and we had the ball which tuned into a turnover., against Hamburg. I wouldn't call that getting smoke. Also the score was 33-21 going into the 4th quarter against Warren and we had the ball on the warren 10 yard line and once again we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties some of which were very questionable. We haven't been "smoked" by anyone. Getting smoked is getting beat by 30 like yall did against Arkadelphia.

Bulldog92

Quote from: CounterPunch on October 13, 2014, 07:44:17 am
It was 27-20 with 3 minutes left in the game and we had the ball which tuned into a turnover., against Hamburg. I wouldn't call that getting smoke. Also the score was 33-21 going into the 4th quarter against Warren and we had the ball on the warren 10 yard line and once again we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties some of which were very questionable. We haven't been "smoked" by anyone. Getting smoked is getting beat by 30 like yall did against Arkadelphia.
CP just got to overlook  a lot of folks on here.  They just look at scores and ASSUME things.  Stats don't mean much to them unless it is about their teams.  A loss is a loss and we got beat but saying we got smoked is unintelligent.  Throw that bare hook into another pond!!

cuckoobird

I call it smoked when you have two D1 prospects on the defense and allow that many points

beach bum

+1 for koobird..... Secondly if PG beats Pea Ridge and ends up as the 2 seed then they are better off than Shiloh. Id rather face W3 then 3 seed from the 7 this year in round 2. Plus you get a home game automatically if you get to the quarters with no 1 seed at the very bottom.

SUGARTOWN

October 13, 2014, 08:36:31 am #32 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:39:05 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: Bulldog92 on October 13, 2014, 07:54:26 am
CP just got to overlook  a lot of folks on here.  They just look at scores and ASSUME things.  Stats don't mean much to them unless it is about their teams.  A loss is a loss and we got beat but saying we got smoked is unintelligent.  Throw that bare hook into another pond!!
Maybe in SC losing by ONLY 25 to Warren is a good thing. But where I come from that's a butt kicking. And it doesn't matter what the score was at the start of the 4th qtr, because it's a 4 quarter game. Hey, at the start of the 1st qtr, the game was tied! :)

Maybe you're right about the Hamburg game, you were the underdog AT HOME, so I guess you were supposed to lose. Just not by 17...and I'm not ASSUMING anything. I watched the game against Warren. You won't beat any good team with that defense. It was horrible.

And you say Stuttgart got smoked by Arkadelphia? Birds lost by 29, you lost by 25 against Warren, 4 points is difference between "being in the game" and getting smoked? Got it.

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 13, 2014, 08:36:31 am
Maybe in SC losing by ONLY 25 to Warren is a good thing. But where I come from that's a butt kicking. And it doesn't matter what the score was at the start of the 4th qtr, because it's a 4 quarter game. Hey, at the start of the 1st qtr, the game was tied! :)

Maybe you're right about the Hamburg, you were the underdog AT HOME, so I guess you were supposed to lose. Just not by 17...and I'm not ASSUMING anything. I watched the game against Warren. You won't beat any good team with that defense. It was horrible.

And you say Stuttgart got smoked by Arkadelphia? Birds lost by 29, you lost by 25 against Warren, 4 points is difference between "being in the game" and getting smoked? Got it.
Plus, we were leading at halftime so ours is better......smh at this posts and CP's illogical mind.

FootBallar21

I would Argue the 2nd and 4th seeds out of the 7-4A have a better shot of making Final 4 then the 1rst and 3rd seeds.   

looking at the brackets if this is how it finishes.    I would have Warren coming out of the top
then the winner of a 2nd round rematch between Mena and Arkadelphia has to be the favorite out of the next section to make final 4.
then Nashville vs Dardanelle that will be a tough game for both for the next spot in final 4,  Also the 3rd seed out of the very tough 8-4A Hamburg is in this section too,  overall probably the hardest section IMO
then the bottom should go to Dollarway or whoever finishes 2nd out of the 8-4A

cuckoobird

Nashville would not beat dollarway. Although, I think dway will be on the top side of the bracket.

~WPS~

I tend to agree. I hope we can avoid them.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 13, 2014, 12:36:31 pm
yeah and it has nothing to do with me hating Nashville. It's not a good matchup for you guys.

Bulldog92

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 13, 2014, 08:38:28 am

Maybe you're right about the Hamburg, you were the underdog AT HOME, so I guess you were supposed to lose. Just not by 17...and I'm not ASSUMING anything. I watched the game against Warren. You won't beat any good team with that defense. It was horrible.

Plus, we were leading at halftime so ours is better......smh at this posts and CP's illogical mind.
You two can get together and shake your heads all you want, doesn't bother me at all.  If you would go back and look at my post after the Warren game I said that we got our butts whooped, it is what it is. 

SUGARTOWN

^^^^You might want to tell CP that, he apparently doesn't think you got your tails kicked.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Bulldog92 on October 13, 2014, 12:46:00 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on October 13, 2014, 08:38:28 am

You two can get together and shake your heads all you want, doesn't bother me at all.  If you would go back and look at my post after the Warren game I said that we got our butts whooped, it is what it is.
I was smh, "at this post," meaning mine

Lumberjacklove

I believe the hamburg and starcity game might have gotten ugly if they could have finished the game Friday night instead of having to finish it Saturday night.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Lumberjacklove on October 13, 2014, 02:16:33 pm
I believe the hamburg and starcity game might have gotten ugly if they could have finished the game Friday night instead of having to finish it Saturday night.
I believe the same thing. I knew it would be hard for hamburg to play good after having to travel twice, that's why I mentioned it that night.

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 13, 2014, 12:37:51 pm
yeah and it has nothing to do with me hating Nashville. It's not a good matchup for you guys.

Yep I hope to avoid the power running teams. The Scrapper defense is built on speed. We do have the personnel/size to do well against a power run team but we can't take the same approach as we did against FL. Hopefully we learned something that night... But we won't know for sure until it matters the most.

cuckoobird

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 13, 2014, 03:29:14 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on October 13, 2014, 12:37:51 pm

Yep I hope to avoid the power running teams. The Scrapper defense is built on speed. We do have the personnel/size to do well against a power run team but we can't take the same approach as we did against FL. Hopefully we learned something that night... But we won't know for sure until it matters the most.
and you can bet, Dway has more athletes than FL but sometimes they don't play like it. Last year DWAY vs Booneville comes to mind. Not saying Booneville wasn't the better team but I don't think they were that much better

LJ06

Booneville was just probably stronger and played smarter, more sound football.

hawgfan15

Quote from: LJ06 on October 13, 2014, 04:00:35 pm

That is the thing with FL. They are very disciplined and don't kill drives with penalties and turnovers. At least that was the case against Nashville.

Not comparing them to last years Booneville.

LJ06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 13, 2014, 04:27:05 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on October 13, 2014, 04:00:35 pm

That is the thing with FL. They are very disciplined and don't kill drives with penalties and turnovers. At least that was the case against Nashville.

Not comparing them to last years Booneville.

They may not win it all but they are this years Booneville or the closest to them in 4A lol.

CounterPunch

Quote from: Lumberjacklove on October 13, 2014, 02:16:33 pm
that makes no sense. We had the ball driving down 13. Don't matter anyway.

EagleForLife12

How is Crossett not 5th seed from 4A8?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas