• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-4A Mid-Season Scramble

Started by LakeRat, October 12, 2014, 10:32:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LakeRat

School                Win %   Points    W   L    PF   PA    W   L   T   PF   PA
H-W-H                 0.667   26         2   1   134   89    3   3   0   255   171
Heber Springs         0.667   26         2   1   92    67    4   2   0   190   150
Stuttgart             0.667   25         2   1   89    58    3   3   0   157   141
CAC                   0.667   14         2   1   103   99    4   2   0   209   190
Newport               0.667   14         2   1   76    73    4   2   0   169   159
Lonoke                0.333   13         1   2   76    80    2   4   0   144   158
Riverview             0.333   7          1   2   88    131   2   4   0   148   190
Southside             0.000   0          0   3   60    121   0   6   0   109   225

A little crowded at the top of the conference at the moment.  Trying to sort things out head to head just jumbles it up more.

I don't think we'll have a conference champ emerge until the final week of conference play.

CatchTheGreyhound!

whippersnapper

Well newport has had the toughest conference schedule so far. Don't get riverview and Southside till weeks 8 and 10. CAC at home for senior night week 9. IF they take care of business at Heber then they move forward at least in the race.

HeberFan

Newport at Heber is biggest game of week. Should be a good game.

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 12, 2014, 11:01:25 am
Well newport has had the toughest conference schedule so far. Don't get riverview and Southside till weeks 8 and 10. CAC at home for senior night week 9. IF they take care of business at Heber then they move forward at least in the race.
Of course everyone knows my opinion on the matter, but what do you think whippersnapper, is the mighty greyhounds capable of not losing another game througout conference?

whippersnapper

If the hounds play like they did in the 2nd half against Stuttgart the rest of the regular season they will be very tough to beat. But this conference is right now a mess. Heber looks like they didn't show up against stuttgart then killed CAC at CAC. Helena is done for imo. CAC who really knows. Can score can't stop anyone. Lonoke is suffering right where I said they would. The offensive line. I think Stuttgart and Newport win out with the hounds having head to head tied for first.

westhelena1

On what basis did you reach your conclusion that HWH is done for?

whippersnapper

Well first they lose a game win a game. Have so all season. Second winning away from home. Winning at Mariana doesn't count, still have 3 roads game left. Lonoke, Stuttgart and Heber Springs. You may beat lonoke at their place but after beating Newport the team clearly over looked CAC. Will they do it again this week? Stuttgart is a darn good team I can see them winning a playoff game. They play sound defense and run the ball well. Heber well I think we learn more and bout them this Friday. But they did kill CAC. And you play them their senior night which will be tough after a long road trip.

HeberFan

Top four teams in this conference all capable of beating each other on a given night.

HeberFan

Stuttgart and Newport each have another league loss in their future.

The Ref

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 12, 2014, 05:25:39 pm
Well first they lose a game win a game. Have so all season. Second winning away from home. Winning at Mariana doesn't count, still have 3 roads game left. Lonoke, Stuttgart and Heber Springs. You may beat lonoke at their place but after beating Newport the team clearly over looked CAC. Will they do it again this week? Stuttgart is a darn good team I can see them winning a playoff game. They play sound defense and run the ball well. Heber well I think we learn more and bout them this Friday. But they did kill CAC. And you play them their senior night which will be tough after a long road trip.
Their Cover 0 , FG block defense won't work all season. A team with some athletic WR/DB's will beat them, which is what CAC has.

MoChedda

I have heard this several times about HWH is done but it makes no sense to me because it's coming from a Greyhound that we beat pretty easily and to make it even worse HWH is in first place!

HeberFan

None of the top four teams is done for, except those who don't play hard every week.

LJ06

There are 5 teams in 2-4A tied at 2-1.  Lot of things could happen.

Jacketman65

Quote from: MoChedda on October 12, 2014, 05:59:41 pm
I have heard this several times about HWH is done but it makes no sense to me because it's coming from a Greyhound that we beat pretty easily and to make it even worse HWH is in first place!
Before you can talk about it, you have to finish it! IMO.  Is this conf. this strong, or this even with no one being the front runner?  Personally, I don't think that there will be a team from the 2 in LR this year!

westhelena1

HWH is not done. However, the last four games will require good effort and execution. Any one of the teams currently tied for first could win it. It's that competitive right now. For me, it appears simple. If the Cougar secondary straightens out, HWH will have a chance to win every game it plays and could win playoff games. If the secondary doesn't, then the offense will have to make every game like Baylor-TCU.

phdefense

Quote from: Jacketman65 on October 12, 2014, 07:36:29 pm
Quote from: MoChedda on October 12, 2014, 05:59:41 pm
Before you can talk about it, you have to finish it! IMO.  Is this conf. this strong, or this even with no one being the front runner?  Personally, I don't think that there will be a team from the 2 in LR this year!
Well this should be fun. Okay, so do tell us. What does it take to make it to LR?  ::)

Jacketman65

You've been there, you should know!

phdefense

Quote from: Jacketman65 on October 13, 2014, 12:02:38 am
You've been there, you should know!
You haven't and yet are making authoritative proclamations.  ::)

HeberFan

Advancing in the playoffs takes a favorable draw, consistent execution and a good dose of luck.

cuckoobird

Or just being a dominate team. Our last trip there was not a favorable draw

LakeRat

Never seen them play but... The area HWH needs to be concerned with is defense. Y'all have a very high points allowed to date in both conference and non-conference play.

Clearly your offense can put up scores...

But you are coming up against some of the stronger defensive teams in the conference... who can also throw big points up on the scoreboard. I wouldn't count HWH out by any means... but they got some big obstacles in their path to wrap up conference play.

Full-get-it

HWH has big challenges ahead of them but I guarantee NO ONE is taking them lightly. They have more athletes from top to bottom than anyone. They are the only team in that Conference to play they athletes on the defensive side of the ball. I heard they have multiple starters hurt also. From what I seen no team has drove the ball on them. However they have been giving up the big play.I think Coach Smith down there will get them right. Now how will they fair against the better 4A teams down south idk but its HWH title to lose right now, they are in the drivers seat. Just win out.

LakeRat

How can you say no team has drove the ball on them..?

Y'all have allowed 171 points to be scored against you and your opponents are averaging 28.5 points per game 29.6 in conference play. How do you account for all this scoring if no one is driving the ball against you?

Isn't every kid suited up considered an athlete?  Only team in the conference playing athletes on defense... hmmmm?

dhen

Quote from: LakeRat on October 13, 2014, 12:16:16 pm
How can you say no team has drove the ball on them..?

Y'all have allowed 171 points to be scored against you and your opponents are averaging 28.5 points per game 29.6 in conference play. How do you account for all this scoring if no one is driving the ball against you?

Isn't every kid suited up considered an athlete?  Only team in the conference playing athletes on defense... hmmmm?

When the secondary gets right it will be hard to score on the COUGARS. Most points have come off long passes. 

Full-get-it

October 13, 2014, 01:24:14 pm #25 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 04:26:54 pm by Full-get-it
I also said they give up the big play...and to answer your question...i can say that because they are giving up the big play not consistent drives. And NO; every kid that suits up is not an athlete. Some of them are just kids that are filling a slot. I bet no team willingly wants to face them whether it be home or away. I'm not even from this area but I can see that. However, talk and opinions are cheap and every team must prove themselves capable under those Friday night lights.

LakeRat

Quote from: Full-get-it on October 13, 2014, 01:24:14 pmI bet no team willingly wants to face them whether it be home or away.

LOL

There's 7 teams in the conference that will happily face HWH on any given Friday night. Even with the challenging season Southside is having this year they won't hesitate to take the field against y'all.

Welcome to 2-4A!! We come to play!!

Y'all got a long, hard road to go before before you can claim to be the terror of the conference...

phdefense

October 14, 2014, 10:08:13 am #27 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:32:07 am by phdefense
HWH welcome to the 4A-2 perhaps you have not been properly introduced. Stuttgart along with everyone else joined this new conference in 2006. This conference is the definition of parity. Below is the historical list of #1 seeds in the conference.

2013:Dollarway
2012:Stuttgart
2011:Heber Springs
2010:Clinton
2009:Bald Knob
2008:Lonoke
2007:Newport
2006:Stuttgart

As you can see there has only been one team finish at #1 more than once and that is the Ricebirds. Whom you might remember from when they were in the 5A. The point is if Stuttgart who has far and away better football program than HWH hasn't taken over this conference after 8 years then the cougars definitely will not. So stop the chest thumping, get to know the community and enjoy the ride.

phdefense

October 14, 2014, 10:18:20 am #28 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 10:21:40 am by phdefense
Quote from: Full-get-it on October 13, 2014, 11:56:08 am
HWH has big challenges ahead of them but I guarantee NO ONE is taking them lightly. They have more athletes from top to bottom than anyone. They are the only team in that Conference to play they athletes on the defensive side of the ball. I heard they have multiple starters hurt also. From what I seen no team has drove the ball on them. However they have been giving up the big play.I think Coach Smith down there will get them right. Now how will they fair against the better 4A teams down south idk but its HWH title to lose right now, they are in the drivers seat. Just win out.
Wrong. They need for someone to beat CAC another time. If CAC & HWH both win out then CAC wil be the #1. So sorry, but you are not in the drivers seat as of right now. With the way things stand as of week 6 no team is in the drivers seat.

Full-get-it

I haven't seen anyone from west helena beating their chest,they have been oddly quiet. I only said something cause I so happened to catch 2 of their games. Like I said before in my previous comment....whether they do or not, it will be seen under them lights on friday night.

phdefense

I am going to channel BG and point out that I called this mess last month.

Quote from: phdefense on September 28, 2014, 12:54:14 pm
The Ricebirds are going to need to clean up some of the basic mistakes they have been making in fundamentals and raise their game a level this week. I will be honest. This summer I had this game circled as a win for Stuttgart, but now I am concerned. This conference should be fun and intriguing for the next 6 weeks it looks to be a 6 team melee for 5 spots.

LakeRat

I think several of us called for this being an interesting season with a lot of moving parts that no one could say with much confidence it would be predictable... I think it's great!!

6 or 7 teams and not a one should be thinking they are out of the hunt at mid season!!

westhelena1

No one from Cougar Country has been chest thumping and claiming to be taking over the conference. Having said that, we have a good football team that could best anyone on any given night. We also know that when we don't play good football for four quarters, we can lose to anyone on any given Friday. I believe the Cougars will get steadily better. With a 5-way tie at the top, the Cougars have a good chance to win the conference. But so do a lot of other teams.

HeberFan

Let me say again: conference title will be decided on the final Friday night

cuckoobird

Naw, heber will have two losses way before then

phdefense

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 14, 2014, 09:31:01 pm
Of course if Heber wins out and so does Stuttgart then the Birds are the #1 seed. Because of the perfect penta-tie we have right now.

Stuttgart beat Heber beat CAC beat HWH beat Newport beat Stuttgart

HeberFan

Just gotta win and see what happens

HeberFan

Riverview could have a big night and really mess up everyone's thinking.

LakeRat

Quote from: phdefense on October 14, 2014, 09:57:01 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on October 14, 2014, 09:31:01 pm
Of course if Heber wins out and so does Stuttgart then the Birds are the #1 seed. Because of the perfect penta-tie we have right now.

Stuttgart beat Heber beat CAC beat HWH beat Newport beat Stuttgart

I see what you did there with the everything begins and ends with Stuttgart angle... ;)

Lonoke  and/or Riverview needs to step up and get in on this so we can make it a Cluster-Tie!!

cuckoobird

Everything does begin and end with Stuttgart. You didnt get the memo?

HeberFan

Newport didn't get that memo, Cuckoo

MoChedda

October 15, 2014, 10:51:32 am #41 Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:26:10 am by MoChedda
I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHY IS ALL THE HATE FOR HWH, LET ME BE HONEST NO TEAM IN THIS CONFERENCE HAS THE TALENT OF HWH AND THE ONLY WAY ANY OF THESES TEAMS WILL BEAT THE COUGARS THEY WILL HAVE TO PLAY LIGHTS OUT. IF HWH PLAYS SOUND FOOTBALL EVERY TEAM IN THIS CONFERENCE WILL BE BEAT BY HWH. THEY SAY THE COUGARS DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS CONFERENCE THAT MIGHT BE TRUE BUT THE CONFERENCE WILL CERTAINLY KNOW ABOUT THE COUGARS. NOW THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL CHEST THUMPING

The Ref

Quote from: MoChedda on October 15, 2014, 10:51:32 am
I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHY IS ALL THE HATE FOR HWH, LET ME BE HONEST NO TEAM IN THIS CONFERENCE HAS THE TALENT OF HWH AND THE ONLY ANY OF THESES TEAMS WILL BEAT THE COUGARS THEY WILL HAVE TO PLAY LIGHTS OUT. IF HWH PLAYS SOUND FOOTBALL EVERY TEAM IN THIS CONFERENCE WILL BE BEAT BY HWH. THEY SAY THE COUGARS DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS CONFERENCE THAT MIGHT BE TRUE BUT THE CONFERENCE WILL CERTAINLY KNOW ABOUT THE COUGARS. NOW THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL CHEST THUMPING
Loud noises..............."AND THE ONLY ANY OF THESES TEAMS", please explain

phdefense

I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHY IS ALL THE HATE FOR HWH, LET ME BE HONEST NO TEAM IN THIS CONFERENCE HAS THE TALENT OF HWH AND THE ONLY ANY OF THESES TEAMS WILL BEAT THE COUGARS THEY WILL HAVE TO PLAY LIGHTS OUT. IF HWH PLAYS SOUND FOOTBALL EVERY TEAM IN THIS CONFERENCE WILL BE BEAT BY HWH. THEY SAY THE COUGARS DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS CONFERENCE THAT MIGHT BE TRUE BUT THE CONFERENCE WILL CERTAINLY KNOW ABOUT THE COUGARS. NOW THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL CHEST THUMPING
I know about the cougars and their 5 all time play off wins. Scary I tell ya

MoChedda

Quote from: phdefense on October 15, 2014, 11:17:51 am
I know about the cougars and their 5 all time play off wins. Scary I tell ya
I CAN TELL YOU LIVE IN THE PAST EVERY YEAR IS A DIFFERENT TEAM AND BESIDES WE WILL BE IN STUTTGART VERY SOON FOR YOU TO SEE IT PERSONALLY. HOW CAN YOU SAY ANYTHING WHEN STUTTGART JUST LOST TO A TEAM THAT THE COUGARS BEAT BY 20! C'MON MAN

cuckoobird

Does cac know about the cougars?

MoChedda

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 15, 2014, 11:30:06 am
Does cac know about the cougars?
YOU JUST SAW THYE SCORE OF THE GAME AND DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THERE. THEY WON THE GAME AND FOR THEM TO DO THAT THEY HAD TO PLAY A PERFECT GAME AND HAVE HELP FROM THE REFS PLUS WE PLAYED POOR AND THEY STILL ONLY WON BY 1 POINT BUT LIKE I SAID WE WILL BE IN STUTTGART VERY SOON AND YOU ALSO CAN SEE IT UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL! GO COUGARS

cuckoobird

Is it the score all that matters

MoChedda

cuckoobird

I have a lot of fun with morons on fearless Friday. It's going to be a blast having you in the conference

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas