• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pottsville at Dover

Started by armchajrhog5, October 12, 2014, 03:46:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

armchajrhog5

Pottsville comes in on a roll after destroying their last 2 opponents  by a combined 75-7
Great group with probably the best coaching staff in the conference

Dover coming in on a roller coaster after beating Robinson and playing a good Clinton  team dead even for a half then came out in the 2nd half looking like last  year and getting absolutely whipped in the second half.

My thoughts -Pottsville is a big step up from Clinton-No disrespect to Clinton just my opinion-
This is the week we find out if Dover has turned the corner and the coaches can get them fired back up.We come out like we did against PR and before they will be there with a chance to win a close game at the end
Play like the 2nd half at Clinton it will be ugly
My bet is they come out and play lights out with the game decided late in the 4th quater
What does everyone else say?

Lacerta agilis

I think Dover has the athletes to play with Pottsville, but if Pottsville coaching is better than Dover's as you say, I'll have to give the edge to the Apaches in this one.

APACHE

October 12, 2014, 09:51:58 am #2 Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:03:56 am by APACHE
Going to be a great Atmosphere however The Apaches are looking to make a statement this year and show that its not about one guy but a team. If we take care of the ball I am looking for great things. The players have learned a lot from the Dard and Russ game.

All in all I think our conference is stronger than people know. Im tried of hearing how state is going through 7,8-4a. So needless to say I can not wait for the 4a-4 to take our ground and pound football to the playoffs and show them how football is played.

Good luck to everybody.

Go Apaches

The Coach

October 12, 2014, 11:35:42 am #3 Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 11:39:58 am by The Coach
Pottsville wins by 2-3 TD's they are the better team.

Gray lizard

I have Pottsville in this game.  Ball control is their game.  Turnovers kill ball control.  Anyone know just how many fumbles Pottsville had last week.  Sure seemed nither team could hold on to the ball.  I expect this problem will get better for this game.

APACHE

I know we had at least 3 in second half.

BlackandSilver

Been licking my wounds from last week but that was the worst the boys in Black and Silver have played all year and stayed in the game for 4 quarters. It definitely wasn't fun playing in the rain but we had to. I really think the boys I. Black and Silver are a focused team this year and will bounce back this week. Pottsville is a good team and is a rival game for the Pirates! I look for there to be a huge crowd there and expect it to be loud and the game to be good! The boys in Black and Silver are focused and ready! Pirate Pride!!!!

big slop

Hooten's magazine says that Dover's school colors are black and white.

Gray lizard

Quote from: big slop on October 17, 2014, 01:58:54 pm
Hooten's magazine says that Dover's school colors are black and white.
That I what I though also.

BlackandSilver

They are but they're new jerseys are black and silver which I personally like better than white!

Gray lizard

They both will be black and blue after tonights game.  Look for a lot of hard hitting.  Feel like it will be a good one to watch.

BlackandSilver

How bout them boys in the Black and Silver!!!! Pirate Pride!!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BlackandSilver on October 17, 2014, 09:35:09 pm
How bout them boys in the Black and Silver!!!! Pirate Pride!!!!

I've been to 3 Dover games this year...They've won by a grand total of 8 points in those 3 games....

Came away with one feeling from the Pottsville crowd...that pass with 1 minute left just left them all stunned, same with the team.I Watched Dover's QB roll out to the right side of the field, and then look back left...And I thought okay Mr Brandon Allen gonna force something here and end the game, but then...Boom TD Pirates, wide open down the far homesidelines for the 30 yard TD...then to go for two with that little of time left instead of going for the tie takes some guts..

armchajrhog5

Great game ......what a slugfest
Both teams deserve a lot of credit
Record crowd got their money's worth

retiredplayer10

Atleast those 8 points has won them 3 games. This dover team has potential and will be makin a playoff run! Good game boys!! Yall dnt get near the credit you deserve

HorseFeathers

Quote from: retiredplayer10 on October 17, 2014, 10:00:41 pm
Atleast those 8 points has won them 3 games. This dover team has potential and will be makin a playoff run! Good game boys!! Yall dnt get near the credit you deserve

I wasn't meaning it as a slight to the Pirates, was meaning I've gotten my monies worth in all of them....The 45-44 shootout with Mayflower, the 20-16 escape against P. Robinson(I call it that cause they stopped them at the 1/2 yard line as time expired)...and now they Beat Pottsville 16-15...in a classic who's defense gives first slug fest.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: armchajrhog5 on October 12, 2014, 03:46:12 am
Pottsville comes in on a roll after destroying their last 2 opponents  by a combined 75-7
Great group with probably the best coaching staff in the conference

Dover coming in on a roller coaster after beating Robinson and playing a good Clinton  team dead even for a half then came out in the 2nd half looking like last  year and getting absolutely whipped in the second half.

My thoughts -Pottsville is a big step up from Clinton-No disrespect to Clinton just my opinion-
This is the week we find out if Dover has turned the corner and the coaches can get them fired back up.We come out like we did against PR and before they will be there with a chance to win a close game at the end
Play like the 2nd half at Clinton it will be ugly
My bet is they come out and play lights out with the game decided late in the 4th quater
What does everyone else say?

You were correct about it being decided in the 4th quarter, but I think you sold your coaching staff short!

SouthpawSensation

The Southpaw was in the stadium for this one ...
This one took people back a few years ... who would have thought the first official pass attempt wouldn't come until 10 minutes left in the game (Two other attempts were made but were nullified by defensive penalties). They played the ol' Darrell Royal game of "three things happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad."
Dover completes just one pass the entire night, and it was the one that counted. Nice play call at the right time. Then to go against the grain and go for two and the win ... Wow! (I thought home teams always play for the tie.) Gutsy move, and a good call with the naked bootleg by the QB.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas