• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fountain Lake @ Bauxite

Started by FBfan79, October 11, 2014, 11:00:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FBfan79

October 11, 2014, 11:00:15 am Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 11:02:52 am by FBfan79
FL suffered a tough loss to the Badgers.  I saw Bauxite play Malvern and was impressed.  They looked a lot better than expected.  FL can't sleep on the Miners. 

FootBallar21

Quote from: FBfan79 on October 11, 2014, 11:00:15 am
FL suffered a tough loss to the Badgers.  I saw Bauxite play Malvern and was impressed.  They looked a lot better than expected.  FL can't sleep on the Miners. 

The Miners are really good and played Mena a lot tougher than I expected.     and I believe Mena matched up better against them then Fountain Lake does.     Mena kicked an onside kick to start the game and recovered it and went down to score,   Then Bauxite returned the kickoff for a TD.     a few possessions  later Mena took the lead again and then Bauxite answered again to tie it up with its only offensive TD of the game,   Which is a bit miss leading as Mena forced 6 turnovers as the defense would bend and Bauxite did gain quite a bit of yards,  but the turnovers game them no shot in the 2nd half.        but with 3 Minutes left before halftime,  and in a weather delay the game was tied 14-14.      Mena scored to make it 21-14 right before half,    Then a fumbled recovery TD for Mena,     and Bauxite became one dimensional late in the game trying to pass and Mena was all over it and recorded 2 INT pick 6's.        Which helped the final 42-14.   This game definitely could of been a little closer,  had Bauxite kept with the game plan and not giving up on the run late,   could of been more like 35-21. 

FBfan79

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 11, 2014, 11:11:25 am

The Miners are really good and played Mena a lot tougher than I expected.     and I believe Mena matched up better against them then Fountain Lake does.     Mena kicked an onside kick to start the game and recovered it and went down to score,   Then Bauxite returned the kickoff for a TD.     a few possessions  later Mena took the lead again and then Bauxite answered again to tie it up with its only offensive TD of the game,   Which is a bit miss leading as Mena forced 6 turnovers as the defense would bend and Bauxite did gain quite a bit of yards,  but the turnovers game them no shot in the 2nd half.        but with 3 Minutes left before halftime,  and in a weather delay the game was tied 14-14.      Mena scored to make it 21-14 right before half,    Then a fumbled recovery TD for Mena,     and Bauxite became one dimensional late in the game trying to pass and Mena was all over it and recorded 2 INT pick 6's.        Which helped the final 42-14.   This game definitely could of been a little closer,  had Bauxite kept with the game plan and not giving up on the run late,   could of been more like 35-21.

Footballar..  What does any of that have to do with FL vs Bauxite? Lol  Mena will get their shot at some tough teams.  I promise you.  We'll see how they stack up.

hawgfan15

FL can't let Arkadelphia beat them two weeks in a row. If they can forget that game and move on they will roll through Bauxite.

FL wins big in this one. 49-14

Fury

Fountain Lake should rebound and win this game. They shouldn't take Bauxite lightly though. It will be a home game for the Miners which will help.

It sounds like Mena is winning from all the turnovers they're "creating"... The next three weeks for them will be tough. The better teams in the conference will not turn the ball over as much. It will be interesting to see how they do.

snakeface13

So was it Ben Maddison (sp) that got hurt? Their big receiver?  I feel confident that the Cobras will handle the Miners. It is Friday night football though, just have to wait and see.

FBfan79

A little flashback between these two...

AirWarren

~WPS~

FBfan79

October 13, 2014, 12:01:07 pm #9 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 12:02:53 pm by FBfan79
Against Malvern,  I thought I saw him play receiver, QB, and RB.  He's a player.  I was told the starting QB was out though.. and he only threw 1 or 2 passes.

FBfan79

#23 or #25 I think?  Tall.. I think we're talking about the same kid?

beaverfan007

Bauxite is pretty decent if fl gets the big head bauxite Will win

l0l

Quote from: AirWarren on October 13, 2014, 11:50:26 am
I thought Madison was the QB?

Madison (23) Plays QB/WR/HB/Safety
Main QB since week 2 has been Baxley (10) who also plays receiver/safety.
QB that started the season took a helmet to face (helmet popped off, no whistle blew) and has missed over a month with a concussion.

FootBallar21

Quote from: FBfan79 on October 11, 2014, 12:27:26 pm

Footballar..  What does any of that have to do with FL vs Bauxite? Lol  Mena will get their shot at some tough teams.  I promise you.  We'll see how they stack up.

goes to show that Bauxite is a pretty solid team,   I thought this post was about bauxite and Fountain Lake,  am I mistaken ?   

Fury

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 13, 2014, 03:07:41 pm
Quote from: FBfan79 on October 11, 2014, 12:27:26 pm

goes to show that Bauxite is a pretty solid team,   I thought this post was about bauxite and Fountain Lake,  am I mistaken ?   

I think this (^) is what he was really trying to say FBfan79... lol!

Lions84

FL by 14 this week over the Miners.

purplepaintrain67

Fountain lake alll the way! use Common since here!

arklasports57

Buck50

AirWarren

topcop

Quote from: l0l on October 13, 2014, 02:49:19 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on October 13, 2014, 11:50:26 am
I thought Madison was the QB?

Madison (23) Plays QB/WR/HB/Safety
Main QB since week 2 has been Baxley (10) who also plays receiver/safety.
QB that started the season took a helmet to face (helmet popped off, no whistle blew) and has missed over a month with a concussion.

-Mark-

You can catch this one on 92.9 KVRE FM out of Hot Springs Village beginning at 6:30 p.m. this Friday night.

FBfan79

FBfan79

FBfan79

FBfan79

Cobras D is asleep.  Bauxite had the ball most of the first half..

14-14

33sec 2nd

FBfan79

quicksand

AirWarren

quicksand

We looked good in the 1st quarter and bauxite took over in the second

AirWarren

So Madison is healthy I assume? I will be at the miner scrapper game in a few weeks.

quicksand

Apparently madison is healthy. He just caught a 60 yard td pass

FBfan79

21-14 FL

#23 and #10 wearing the Cobra D out.  Bauxite is playing hard.

FBfan79

quicksand

FBfan79

Bauxite FG

24-21 Miners

2:05 3rd

quicksand

FBfan79

FBfan79

FBfan79

Bauxite KO return for TD

35-30 FL

7:08 4th

AirWarren

What a game? Is this game being streamed?

FBfan79

AirWarren

What a game. Miners are much improved.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: AirWarren on October 17, 2014, 09:36:19 pm
What a game. Miners are much improved.
could be the most improved team this year

AirWarren

I'm gonna be there to watch them beat Nashville.

FBfan79

It appeared FL tried some different things offensively  in the first half but the FL D couldn't stop Bauxite.  After a lot lof penalties FL found themselves in a game and had to tough out a win.  Play like that again and Mena or Malvern will take an easy W over FL.

FootBallar21

Arkadelphia seems to be the best team in 7-4A after this week,  With Mena, Fountain Lake battling for 2nd and 3rd,  could Nashville fall to the 4th seed, looks like a possibility!

FBfan79

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 17, 2014, 09:52:44 pm
Arkadelphia seems to be the best team in 7-4A after this week,  With Mena, Fountain Lake battling for 2nd and 3rd,  could Nashville fall to the 4th seed, looks like a possibility!

Ark is very good.  Tough team... They have good size and depth.

FootBallar21

Quote from: FBfan79 on October 17, 2014, 09:56:01 pm

Mena was flagged for probably 10 Holding Penalties ,   2 or 3 Face Mask, including one that wiped out a fumble recovery , which lead to an Arky TD a few plays later, basically a 14 Point swing the final!     also 2 un sportsman like calls,  and a player ejected,    Mena's coach was very angry after several of these, and Mena has been very disciplined all year so something has to give ,    This game was setting up to be very similar and possibly OT like FL vs Arky,   but didn't get there with the calls.        Mena gets Nashville at Home next week and I believe they win,  forcing a showdown with Fountain Lake the next week most likely for 2nd and 3rd in conference! 

FBfan79

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 17, 2014, 09:59:52 pm
Quote from: FBfan79 on October 17, 2014, 09:56:01 pm

Mena was flagged for probably 10 Holding Penalties ,   2 or 3 Face Mask, including one that wiped out a fumble recovery , which lead to an Arky TD a few plays later, basically a 14 Point swing the final!     also 2 un sportsman like calls,  and a player ejected,    Mena's coach was very angry after several of these, and Mena has been very disciplined all year so something has to give ,    This game was setting up to be very similar and possibly OT like FL vs Arky,   but didn't get there with the calls.        Mena gets Nashville at Home next week and I believe they win,  forcing a showdown with Fountain Lake the next week most likely for 2nd and 3rd in conference!

FL still has to play Malvern.  One game at a time in this conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas