• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Preseason favorites/top 10?

Started by HorseFeathers, October 29, 2017, 06:41:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Trying to stir up some early conversation

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 29, 2017, 06:41:47 pm
Trying to stir up some early conversation
Girls (only one I got)
Hoxie
Valley
Greenland
Charleston
MTN View
Osceola
Perryville (got a solid transfer)
Bald knob
Lamar (it's not how you start the race it's how you finish it)
Corning

Basketballfan13

Girls
1. Hoxie (graduated 2 but 2 move ins and a good freshman to move up come district)
2. Mountain view (graduated 2 post but bring back their best post and all guards including 2 9th graders moved up)
3. Bald knob (graduated 2 but mostly role players)
4. Valley (could be higher could be lower depending if post comes back)
5. Riverside(bring back whole team)
6. Charleston (I think they have some really good young talent coming???)
7. Lamar(could move up or down depending on how stud comes back)
8. Cossatot (return all from a 5-6 loss team that got upset in regionals last year)
9. Bergman (returns best scorers)
10. Elkins (wild card pick could be about 4 other schools)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on October 29, 2017, 10:24:23 pm
Girls
1. Hoxie (graduated 2 but 2 move ins and a good freshman to move up come district)
2. Mountain view (graduated 2 post but bring back their best post and all guards including 2 9th graders moved up)
8. Cossatot (return all from a 5-6 loss team that got upset in regionals last year)

Looks weird not seeing Greenland here...

Basketballfan13

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 30, 2017, 04:58:06 am
Looks weird not seeing Greenland here...
Last two years in jr high they have been really down. They lost a lot of srs from last years team, roster on maxpreps only shows 5 of 14 girls returning from last years team. If not this year it'll be next year they completely drop off. Coach Barton usually finds a way, but I think they are about to have some struggles soon.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on October 30, 2017, 07:35:18 am
Last two years in jr high they have been really down. They lost a lot of srs from last years team, roster on maxpreps only shows 5 of 14 girls returning from last years team. If not this year it'll be next year they completely drop off. Coach Barton usually finds a way, but I think they are about to have some struggles soon.
Greenland got a strong Junior  transfer from Springdale in Destiny Jackson

Hitman Warrior23

I forgot all about Cossatot  (I think I spelled it right). So I read valley had one out for injury, is that the post? If so what kind of injury?

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on October 30, 2017, 10:46:41 am
I forgot all about Cossatot  (I think I spelled it right). So I read valley had one out for injury, is that the post? If so what kind of injury?
Big post is out with a back injury, she's missed time every season but one since 8th grade I think because of it. I think it might be a little more serious this time she's been out for awhile.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on October 30, 2017, 10:44:52 am
Greenland got a strong Junior  transfer from Springdale in Destiny Jackson
I'm guessing their roster isn't accurate on max preps then. They only show 7 total players for this year not including her.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on October 30, 2017, 11:02:07 am
I'm guessing their roster isn't accurate on max preps then. They only show 7 total players for this year not including her.r
Surely yes I'm close to the family, Destiny was at Lincoln in 9th grade, spent her Sophomore year at Springdale and is now at Greenland to stay. 

501Arkansas

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on October 29, 2017, 10:24:23 pm
Girls
Osceola girls still will be pretty good this year

NEA Razorback olfan

November 02, 2017, 09:31:18 pm #11 Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 09:32:53 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Riverside girls can shoot the ball, and has a quick PG that can penetrate and find the open shooters

CoolBreeze

RedWolf275

Riverside has the same team and coach that won a lot of games during the regular season then fell flat on their face on their home court in the regionals. No doubt the talent is there. Riverside fans have known it for five years.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: RedWolf275 on November 03, 2017, 07:25:53 pm
Riverside has the same team and coach that won a lot of games during the regular season then fell flat on their face on their home court in the regionals. No doubt the talent is there. Riverside fans have known it for five years.
Most people wouldn't consider losing a competitive game against a team that went to 3 straight state championships falling flat on their faces. But that valley team really wasn't very talented I guess...

zebra73

Quote from: RedWolf275 on November 03, 2017, 07:25:53 pm
this is the third year the fans have seen the coaches true showing

RedWolf275

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on November 03, 2017, 10:51:37 pm
Most people wouldn't consider losing a competitive game against a team that went to 3 straight state championships falling flat on their faces. But that valley team really wasn't very talented I guess...

Wasn't just losing, it was the way they lost. I never thought it was a good game plan to drive the ball at a 6'3" post with 5'4" players. Like I said, let's see what happens in post season.

BigMan15

Boys
1. Manila
2. Charleston
3. Jesseville
4. ECS
5. Osceola
6. Prescott
7. Perryville
8. Harding
9. Clinton
10. Junction

Head Lion

Quote from: BigMan15 on November 06, 2017, 11:04:07 am
Boys
1. Manila
2. Charleston
3. Jesseville
4. ECS
5. Osceola
6. Prescott
7. Perryville
8. Harding
9. Clinton
10. Junction
Big Man, Tuckerman has to be in top 4 with 7 of top 8 returning. JMO

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Head Lion on November 06, 2017, 12:17:25 pm
Big Man, Tuckerman has to be in top 4 with 7 of top 8 returning. JMO
I agree. State runner-up with almost everybody back. What's not to like?

lostintheweeds

Boys
1. Manila
2. Charleston
3. Jesseville
4. ECS
5. Osceola
6. Prescott
7. Perryville
8. Harding
9. Clinton
10. Junction
Regionals could be a lot of fun this year, Big Man! 😀

BigMan15

my mistake i forgot Tuckerman

1. Manila
2. Charleston
3. Tuckerman
4. Jesseville
5. ECS
6. Osceola
7. Prescott
8. Perryville
9. Harding
10.  Clinton

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BigMan15 on November 07, 2017, 10:17:35 am
my mistake i forgot Tuckerman

1. Manila
2. Charleston
3. Tuckerman
4. Jesseville
5. ECS
6. Osceola
7. Prescott
8. Perryville
9. Harding
10.  Clinton

You forgot Mcgehee also.

teachers pet

We should learn something about both teams on the 16th, Jessieville hosts Perryville.

bobcats

Quote from: teachers pet on November 08, 2017, 12:59:23 pm
We should learn something about both teams on the 16th, Jessieville hosts Perryville.
Perryville is in the football playoffs so it depends on if they win Friday.  Most schools depend on 2 way athletes.  Also, the new coach at Perryville runs a very structured offense and defense so it takes a while before they catch on.  It is not uncommon for his teams to lose some games early that they should win, but play much better by mid season.

teachers pet

Jessieville has only 2 returning starters and neither play football but heard that several football players who didn't play basketball last year are this year. New coach also. They beat Dardanelle last night by 25 but Dardanelle is in the 4A playoffs so don't know how many players they might have been missing.

Lrbasketballguru

I don't think people realize how talented Episcopal's 2020 class was before some stars left. Even the radio broadcasters in the state championship said it was the best in the state regardless of classification. They could have been historically good. However, those losses hurt big time. But if any 3a team can respond to a talent turnover of three studs it's ECS. Treylon Payne is probably the best player in 3a as a sophomore (IMO) and the 2020 class was so ridiculously good that there is still talent to support him. So don't count us out, but it'll be an uphill battle. I'll say this: Last year, especially after Osceola lost, I did not think 3a was as wide open as everyone else and thought we would win a title. This year, when I say it, I mean it. It's anyones ball game. I can't wait.

Ctucker

Lrbasketballguru

1. Manila
2. Osceola
3. Tuckerman
4. Charleston
5. ECS

CoolBreeze

Ctucker

501Arkansas

1. Osceola
2. Manila
3. Tuckerman
4. Ecs
5. Charleston

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls
Riverside 30
Valley View 21
Half

NEA Razorback olfan

RedWolf275

Solid win for the Lady Rebels against a decent 5A team.

strongandsteady

Prescott girls should be in the convo also only losing 1 senior

ISU7

Boys
1. Manila
2. Charleston
3. Jesseville
4. ECS
5. Osceola
6. Prescott
7. Perryville
8. Harding
9. Clinton
10. Junction
This look like something maxpreps would put out. ;D I mean every year Manila is rank high but have yet too win it all. Can somebody tell me why????????

neaguru

Quote from: ISU7 on November 22, 2017, 03:48:03 am
This look like something maxpreps would put out. ;D I mean every year Manila is rank high but have yet too win it all. Can somebody tell me why????????
[/quote
It would only be something from max preps if a 7 win team was in the top 10.

teachers pet

Jessieville gets hammered by 2A Mt.Pine 79-66. 

teachers pet

Jessieville host Charleston Monday.

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on November 22, 2017, 03:48:03 am
ISU, because we have a program and compete EVERY year and don't wait a class of kids to be good. You know this. ::) ::)

BigMan15

Quote from: teachers pet on November 22, 2017, 08:46:05 am
Jessieville host Charleston Monday.
Charleston i think got crushed by Pottsville on Monday, so unless they have football back it maybe a rough game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigMan15 on November 22, 2017, 10:33:23 am
Charleston i think got crushed by Pottsville on Monday, so unless they have football back it maybe a rough[/] game.

Literally judging by what I heard happened during jessieville game last night....

hogtastics

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 22, 2017, 11:55:48 am
Literally judging by what I heard happened during jessieville game last night....

+1 ...and the fight was on

thabeast428

Fordyce and JC should be pretty good this year

BannerMountainMan

Clinton looks really impressive to tell you the truth

bobcats

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 23, 2017, 08:26:32 am
Clinton looks really impressive to tell you the truth

They beat Pottsville, which is a top 5 4A school.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BigMan15 on November 22, 2017, 10:33:23 am
Charleston i think got crushed by Pottsville on Monday, so unless they have football back it maybe a rough game.
Charleston rarely has their football players back before Thanksgiving. This year is no exception. They host Osceola in a semifinal game on Friday.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: bobcats on November 23, 2017, 10:59:41 am
They beat Pottsville, which is a top 5 4A school.
How much will Clinton's team change when football ends?

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on November 22, 2017, 08:56:05 am
ISU, because we have a program and compete EVERY year and don't wait a class of kids to be good. You know this. ::) ::)
Ok so what is taking so long to win it all ::) ;D 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas