• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

trumann senior boys

Started by elvis26, November 18, 2017, 09:36:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

elvis26

:D I want to congratulate the trumann sr boys on opening their season with a big win over hoxie 68 to 31!! ben turner scored 29 and cody Rolland added 14 in the win.also our junior high won 38 to 29.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: elvis26 on November 18, 2017, 09:36:08 am
:D I want to congratulate the trumann sr boys on opening their season with a big win over hoxie 68 to 31!! ben turner scored 29 and cody Rolland added 14 in the win.also our junior high won 38 to 29.

Congrats to the Wildacts!!

baller334

Are the rumors true? I heard Ben Turner is going to Jonesboro and Wise is out as the Coach.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: baller334 on February 23, 2018, 09:41:40 am
Are the rumors true? I heard Ben Turner is going to Jonesboro and Wise is out as the Coach.

I've been hearing similar rumors.

Runnin With The Pack

CoachEagleCat

I'm hearing Wise is out. Haven't heard the Ben Turner rumors, but it would make sense.

Peaches101

Rumor mill is Wise is out BUT haven't seen or heard anything for sure, does anyone know this for a fact?

Informant

I'm hearing Wise is fighting his reassignment.  I wasn't aware you could do that.

Peaches101

WHY would you want to stay where the administration didn't want you? Not a bad coach but his court behavior is a little crazy.

Informant

I agree.  Why stay somewhere you aren't wanted.  That goes for any profession. 

Trumann could go after some big names once this is resolved. 

NWA Hawg

What big names would want to coach at Trummann.

Informant

Wouldn't surprise me if Brannen or Bill Taylor ended up there.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Informant on April 04, 2018, 05:18:16 pm
Wouldn't surprise me if Brannen or Bill Taylor ended up there.

I don't get why but maybe so.

Informant

Bill Taylor is Bill Taylor so who knows what he'll do

Trumann can throw the same money Brannen is making now without the headache of being admin.  If not more money. 

I honestly wouldn't think he would leave Bay especially after all these years and with his son getting around 7th grade age.  BUT... money talks.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: Informant on April 04, 2018, 05:38:39 pm
Bill Taylor is Bill Taylor so who knows what he'll do

Trumann can throw the same money Brannen is making now without the headache of being admin.  If not more money. 

I honestly wouldn't think he would leave Bay especially after all these years and with his son getting around 7th grade age.  BUT... money talks.

Trumann is one of the lowest paying school districts in the area, do you not think they'd have to throw some kind of admin job at him just to bump his pay?

Informant

By admin I was meaning Principal.  I should have said that before.  They could make him AD or Dean of Students or something along those lines.  Similar to what he had at Bay prior to becoming principal.  I'm not familiar with Trumann salary schedule/stipends but I can't imagine it being lower or even the same as Bay.  If I'm Trumann however, I'm at least going try to persuade him.  A coach with that resume being 10 mins up the road, they'd be silly not to try. 

OB11

Trumann head boys basketball job is posted on the AAA website.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: Informant on April 05, 2018, 10:58:36 am
By admin I was meaning Principal.  I should have said that before.  They could make him AD or Dean of Students or something along those lines.  Similar to what he had at Bay prior to becoming principal.  I'm not familiar with Trumann salary schedule/stipends but I can't imagine it being lower or even the same as Bay.  If I'm Trumann however, I'm at least going try to persuade him.  A coach with that resume being 10 mins up the road, they'd be silly not to try.

Bay has about a 2,000 dollar advantage on base salary. Trumann would have to give him some kind of Dean of Students position or something, but their AD is the head football coach and unless he leaves the school I don't see that changing.

Informant

I'm not seeing him leave.  Bay will be fairly talented the next year even with the move to 2A. 

Weaver from Brookland would be a good hire.  I'm hearing he is wanting out of the underperforming overpaid coaching staff at Brookland.

paramount

Why would Trumann hire Weaver? Are you kidding? That would be a terrible hire.

Informant

Why would that be a terrible hire?  He's coached at the collegiate level, has head coach experience and is familiar with all the teams he'd be facing.  The recently removed coach had none of those before being hired.  It would be a steal for Trumann to hire Weaver. 

CoachEagleCat

Quote from: Informant on April 09, 2018, 12:07:20 pm
Why would that be a terrible hire?  He's coached at the collegiate level, has head coach experience and is familiar with all the teams he'd be facing.  The recently removed coach had none of those before being hired.  It would be a steal for Trumann to hire Weaver.

You must have not been around for the Weaver era in Harrisburg. Although, I would rate the Harrisburg job higher than the Trumann job at this point. That supt. is looney.

Informant

I was around.  The debacle that is Harrisburg basketball would have happened and continue to happen regardless of who the coach is.  I'm not holding Weaver to the fire over that.  He'd be a great hire for Trumann. 

paramount

I was also around. There is a apparently a reason why he is on the high school level now. He either couldn't recruit or couldn't coach or both.

The previous Trumann coach was a first time head coach and did fairly well. It wouldn't take a previous college coach to have some small amount of success at a school that size.

Weaver was a head coach and left to be an assistant at another school. What would happen at Trumann if he had a major setback whether it be losses or loss of talent, would he put his tail between his legs and run to the woods like he did at Harrisburg.

Players and coaches come and go at every school every year. It is impossible to know the teams when players change from year to year.

I could see him leaving after two years if he got the job.

Just ask the Harrisburg people what they think of him.

Informant

Quote from: paramount on April 09, 2018, 10:12:34 pm
I was also around. There is a apparently a reason why he is on the high school level now. He either couldn't recruit or couldn't coach or both.

The previous Trumann coach was a first time head coach and did fairly well. It wouldn't take a previous college coach to have some small amount of success at a school that size.

Weaver was a head coach and left to be an assistant at another school. What would happen at Trumann if he had a major setback whether it be losses or loss of talent, would he put his tail between his legs and run to the woods like he did at Harrisburg.

Players and coaches come and go at every school every year. It is impossible to know the teams when players change from year to year.

I could see him leaving after two years if he got the job.

Just ask the Harrisburg people what they think of him.

Money would be the main reason he is at the high school level.  Makes just as much if not more coaching Jr High at Brookland then we would at any low level college in Arkansas.  He left dead end Harrisburg for a Brookland program that just won a state championship and to work under Bobby Gross.  Give Robinson at Harrisburg that opportunity and see how long he stays.  Give any head coach at a sub standard basketball supported and administered school such as Harrisburg that opportunity and they would leave too. Ron Smith obviously wants out. Players and coaches do come and go, you are right about that. But asking Harrisburg people what they think about a coach that left for a better salary, better job, better situation.....  They wouldn't like many of us.

paramount

I'm glad to hear he is in it for the money, that is what it is all about I guess.

Brookland is definitely one of the highest paying schools in this area, that is not in question. Trumann or any other similar size school could not pay him what he is making now. It would actually be silly for him to take another job if it is about money. I would think the all coaches at some point would have a slight interest in the kids and not money. That may be another issue with hiring him in addition to what has been mentioned before.

It doesn't appear that Trumann has a very supportive administration. Three coaches in the last 4 to 5 years hardly seems like an ideal place to be. Why get into that situation, especially if you are making more money in your current position.

Regardless of all that, he would just probably be in it for the short term anyway, 2 years max if hired, until a better position came along. Any school in Arkansas that hires him is making a mistake whether it be Trumann or any other school. The high school program would definitely be set back 3 to 4 years and left in worse condition than before.

Also, if he went to Brookland to work under Gross, why is he ready to leave all of a sudden? He should have known what he was getting into in the first place.

I am done with this and said what I needed to say. I will not post again.

Bigtimebasketballfan

Any news on this job? Candidates? When do interviews start?

thebigtiger

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on April 13, 2018, 06:53:27 am
Any news on this job? Candidates? When do interviews start?
I was wondering the exact same thing!  Anyone have any ideas

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: paramount on April 10, 2018, 10:01:43 pm
I'm glad to hear he is in it for the money, that is what it is all about I guess.

Brookland is definitely one of the highest paying schools in this area, that is not in question. Trumann or any other similar size school could not pay him what he is making now. It would actually be silly for him to take another job if it is about money. I would think the all coaches at some point would have a slight interest in the kids and not money. That may be another issue with hiring him in addition to what has been mentioned before.

It doesn't appear that Trumann has a very supportive administration. Three coaches in the last 4 to 5 years hardly seems like an ideal place to be. Why get into that situation, especially if you are making more money in your current position.

Regardless of all that, he would just probably be in it for the short term anyway, 2 years max if hired, until a better position came along. Any school in Arkansas that hires him is making a mistake whether it be Trumann or any other school. The high school program would definitely be set back 3 to 4 years and left in worse condition than before.

Also, if he went to Brookland to work under Gross, why is he ready to leave all of a sudden? He should have known what he was getting into in the first place.

I am done with this and said what I needed to say. I will not post again.

I'm sure it's not "all of a sudden," seems like it was a chance to get away for a temporary spot until the next opportunity.

paramount

Hey Informant, since you seem to be tied to Weaver to the hip, has he actually applied to the Trumann position? You seem to know so much about him and his thoughts that it almost seems like you are a twin or the man himself.

Anyway, you might as well fill us in on what his next move is. I am sure all of NE Arkansas is wanting to know details. It is evident he wants out of Brookland in the worst way.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: paramount on April 20, 2018, 10:33:53 pm
Hey Informant, since you seem to be tied to Weaver to the hip, has he actually applied to the Trumann position? You seem to know so much about him and his thoughts that it almost seems like you are a twin or the man himself.

Anyway, you might as well fill us in on what his next move is. I am sure all of NE Arkansas is wanting to know details. It is evident he wants out of Brookland in the worst way.

It's not hard to figure out a former HS coach would at some point like to be a HS Head Coach again. I don't know if the guy is applying to Trumann or not but it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

thebigtiger

Informant

Quote from: paramount on April 20, 2018, 10:33:53 pm

Looks like someone had an interesting 4/20... Sounds like you have a personal problem with him.  I hope whatever it is you can get it worked out or get over it. Especially if he is hired.  You seem to be so adiment that he shouldn't be the coach, maybe you should apply.  Or reach out to administration and board members.  Best of luck to you and your beloved Wildcats.

thebigtiger

Have they started interviewing yet?  Main candidates?  Dark horses?

Informant

Judging by the lack of noise coming from there, I still think they are going after Brad Brannen.

elvis26

April 25, 2018, 08:58:12 pm #35 Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:59:43 pm by elvis26
 :D informant I sure hope  you are right!!!!!!!!!!! go wildcats!!!!!!!!!!!

Informant

Weaver has left Brookland.  Not sure for what or were.  I'm assuming its not Trumann.  That will make some folks on this thread happy.  Jr. Boys at Brookland is now open.

NEAbball12

So are there any front runners for the job now?

Sports24/7

Whoever goes into this situation, you better know the past history of all the others have had with the administration. Trumann boys had a pretty good group, but your bosses can make you and/or break you. Coaching jobs up there tend to pop open frequently and have heard most because of admin.

Informant

Is it true the Boys Head Coach, Principal and AD are all open at Trumann?

OB11

Quote from: Informant on April 27, 2018, 09:53:46 am
Is it true the Boys Head Coach, Principal and AD are all open at Trumann?

I thought Waymire was also the AD?

Informant

I did too.  I'm asking because I'm not sure

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: OB11 on April 27, 2018, 09:55:12 am
I thought Waymire was also the AD?

His wife was also the principal so sounds like they're jumping ship as well.

elvis26

;) as far as I know waymire is still the ad!!!!!!!! not sure about his wifes job though.

elvis26

;)  just found out that the principal job is open but the ad job is not open as of right now.

paramount

I pity the school that hired Weaver, they will be in the toilet for years. Gross and Co. probably couldn't get rid of him fast enough. Why was he hired in the first place?

You obviously know but are scared to say what school it is. You seem to know so much about him. It will come out anyway.

I don't have a dog in the fight. I already have a job and don't need to be a coach.

Informant, you didn't do Weaver any favors by mentioning him on these posts. That was a big mistake. I never post on here but had to reply once his name was mentioned.

Weaver is a hick. The school that hired him made a horrible decision and will regret it. I have a pretty good idea where it is and I predict that it will last two years max.

Informant

Quote from: paramount on April 29, 2018, 10:15:59 pm
I pity the school that hired Weaver, they will be in the toilet for years. Gross and Co. probably couldn't get rid of him fast enough. Why was he hired in the first place?

You obviously know but are scared to say what school it is. You seem to know so much about him. It will come out anyway.

I don't have a dog in the fight. I already have a job and don't need to be a coach.

Informant, you didn't do Weaver any favors by mentioning him on these posts. That was a big mistake. I never post on here but had to reply once his name was mentioned.

Weaver is a hick. The school that hired him made a horrible decision and will regret it. I have a pretty good idea where it is and I predict that it will last two years max.

You clearly have something personal against him and you know zero facts about the situation at Trumann or the one at Brookland.  All you have been interested in is bashing his name.  I made no mistake mentioning him or anyone else.  What is said or typed here on Fearless has zero bearing whatsoever to who gets a job and who doesn't.  You need to go back to not posting.  You have an issue with Weaver that is clear, and you need to squash it or be quiet.  I've seen better coaches than Weaver and I've seen a lot more that are worse.  The things you've said about him can be said about several coaches.  I hope you have satisfied your need for revengeful bashing on a social media platform. 

HowYouDoin?

birddawg1986

Trumann goes through 🏀⚾️ coaches like 🔥 coal.Be interesting to see what Waymire does since his wife is going to Bryant.

biglion1985

Where did coach wise go?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas