• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gosnell @ Rivercrest

Started by Ghs21, September 22, 2018, 10:57:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghs21

Excited for this one. If I wasn't a pirate fan I'd probably pick crest but gotta go with gosnell by a touchdown

Redskin2015

I'm getting the popcorn ready not just for the game but for the posts too

ISU7

I'm not gone pick this one since my son #88 is on Gosnell and nephew #1 & #3 on Crest. Good luck too both teams praying for safe travels for Gosnell and there fans and a injury free game. GO  Pirates/Colts!!!!! ;D 8)

Coltfan2005

Rivercrest offense looked like it was starting to click against trumann but the defense had a few problems with the trumann passing game and at times was giving up rushing yardage right up the middle. Defense did adjust and overall played a pretty good game. Key to beating Gosnell is making the plays on defense...gotta hold Gosnell to less than 20 because their offense is their key... the Gosnell defense is the weak part of the equation. Rivercrest can score over 30 points on them if right plays are called. Getting the right plays sent in have hampered the Colts offensive productivity so far this season. #1 and #3 are two of the best in the state and can produce points if they are allowed to play their game.

Ball Hawk

Lol.

Gosnell will be best defense Rivercrest has seen.

I'll take Gosnell by 3

Coltfan2005

September 23, 2018, 02:28:19 pm #5 Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:33:07 pm by Coltfan2005
Quote from: Ball Hawk on September 23, 2018, 01:49:45 pm
Lol.

I'll take Gosnell by 3

Best ever? Or just this year?
Cause if you are just talking this year, you might be correct. That however, does not mean Gosnell's defense is good, it just means the first 4 team's defenses were weaker than Gosnell.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 23, 2018, 02:28:19 pm
Crest wins a tight one colts 26 pirates 20

Coltfan2005

I'm not going to pick this one. I believe Gosnell's offense is more than capable of scoring on anyone in the conf. For the Colts to win, I think they need to stuff the box and count on their defensive backs in one on one coverage. Colts can string out runs to the sideline all night long. Colt coach on offense has to be flexible and keep the Gosnell defense guessing. Colt's can not run out of one formation all night long. They have multiple sets that really favor their top two players and those sets need to be used. Gosnell has the capabilities on offense to win, Colts have the defense to shut it down (some) and the offense to explode and post some large numbers.

GHS97

Should be a close one! Just not sure if Pirates secondary is good enough to keep up with the Colts!

Missco

I think it will be a toss up.  If I had to pick I would say RHS by 3.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 23, 2018, 02:28:19 pm
Cause if you are just talking this year, you might be correct. That however, does not mean Gosnell's defense is good, it just means the first 4 team's defenses were weaker than Gosnell.
And the Noles put up 35 on that best defense. 😂 at Gosnell.

501Arkansas

Razorhummer

Should be one heck of a game. I'm going to go with Rivercrest in a close one because they are looking good.

ISU7

moneyminers

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 23, 2018, 01:24:44 pm
Rivercrest offense looked like it was starting to click against trumann but the defense had a few problems with the trumann passing game and at times was giving up rushing yardage right up the middle. Defense did adjust and overall played a pretty good game. Key to beating Gosnell is making the plays on defense...gotta hold Gosnell to less than 20 because their offense is their key... the Gosnell defense is the weak part of the equation. Rivercrest can score over 30 points on them if right plays are called. Getting the right plays sent in have hampered the Colts offensive productivity so far this season. #1 and #3 are two of the best in the state and can produce points if they are allowed to play their game.
excuses to why Rivercrest offense isn't very productive I see..... to be a good team, they should be able to produce no matter the "bad play calling" but I'm still gonna pick Rivercrest. RHS by 10

etowneraser

Recent history gives the edge to Rivercrest. Also, this is a home game for the Colts.  The only surprise is if this ends up being a blow out.

redandgray

I think this will be a very close game.  Should be a great one!

bootlegger

I don't think either team will win by more than 7 ,that said rivercrest 21 to 14

Coltfan2005

Quote from: moneyminers on September 24, 2018, 10:57:33 am
excuses to why Rivercrest offense isn't very productive I see..... to be a good team, they should be able to produce no matter the "bad play calling" but I'm still gonna pick Rivercrest. RHS by 10

Congratulations! You have won the award for stupidest post this week on FF. A good team should be able to produce with bad play calling? Perhaps, if they are playing Bauxite...but to beat a good team the play calling must take advantage not only of your offensive capabilities but also take advantage of what the defense is showing. Can not believe I am having to explain this.
ISU7, where are you when I need you?

GHS14

Gosnell by a touchdown. Gosnell's defense will show up against the Colts and the pirates will win the 3-4a.

Redskin2015

I think crest just brings too much to the table but this is a type of game that can go either way

Lumberjackfan1978

Rivercrest in a close one 12 points

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 24, 2018, 04:55:40 pm
Congratulations! You have won the award for stupidest post this week on FF. A good team should be able to produce with bad play calling? Perhaps, if they are playing Bauxite...but to beat a good team the play calling must take advantage not only of your offensive capabilities but also take advantage of what the defense is showing. Can not believe I am having to explain this.
ISU7, where are you when I need you?
I told you Bauxite still sore over that 2009 playoff lost at the cotton Patch. This the second Miner poster to get on here trying to down the Colts. Hopefully they meet up in the 2018 playoffs ;D ;D 8)

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ISU7 on September 25, 2018, 11:35:27 am
I told you Bauxite still sore over that 2009 playoff lost at the cotton Patch. This the second Miner poster to get on here trying to down the Colts. Hopefully they meet up in the 2018 playoffs ;D ;D 8)

Well I know the Colts will be there...not sure about the miners.

RabAlumni

Barbaree is a good friend of mine. The man is what 22-8 at Gosnell? I think if this game were being played anywhere other than Rivercrest than the Pirates would win, however I think Rivercrest wins by 6.

AlumniLights

Barbaree is a good guy. I had the privilege of playing for him during his 1 year stint at Charleston. Great motivator and just a great guy to have as the face of your program. Glad to see he's doing well.

sludgefoot

The winner of this will be in the conference driver's seat I believe.

DeeGee

Quote from: ISU7 on September 25, 2018, 11:35:27 am

First of all he is not a Bauxite poster, but I am.
Bauxite has put all that in the past and is sore over nothing.  Maybe you are stuck in the past but they are not. They practice for the next game ahead of them. Bauxite is not the same team or coaching staff from back then. So judging them off of a  2009  game is ridiculous. That was 9 years ago. Not the same players, team, coaches. These boys probably have no clue of what happened 9 years ago. Think about that. Situations change with teams all the time. Am I  saying Bauxite is the best and they are going to make it to WM? No. But I  am saying this is not a team from the past and are getting better as each season, game, comes.

DeeGee

I have to add that I believe Rivercrest wins in a close game. Hard to beat them at home.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 25, 2018, 03:37:45 pm
First of all he is not a Bauxite poster, but I am.
Bauxite has put all that in the past and is sore over nothing.  Maybe you are stuck in the past but they are not. They practice for the next game ahead of them. Bauxite is not the same team or coaching staff from back then. So judging them off of a  2009  game is ridiculous. That was 9 years ago. Not the same players, team, coaches. These boys probably have no clue of what happened 9 years ago. Think about that. Situations change with teams all the time. Am I  saying Bauxite is the best and they are going to make it to WM? No. But I  am saying this is not a team from the past and are getting better as each season, game, comes.

I don't believe he was judging the team...just poking fun at the poster. Not a Bauxite fan? Is there another team in the state named the Miners? Cause if not, I kind of see a tie to Bauxite just off the name.

DeeGee

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 25, 2018, 05:02:33 pm
I don't believe he was judging the team...just poking fun at the poster. Not a Bauxite fan? Is there another team in the state named the Miners? Cause if not, I kind of see a tie to Bauxite just off the name.

I was referring to you not being a Bauxite fan in his response back to you.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 25, 2018, 05:04:12 pm
I was referring to you not being a Bauxite fan in his response back to you.

Oh, he wasn't refering to me as the Bauxite fan...he was talking about moneyminer.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 25, 2018, 05:08:10 pm
Oh, he wasn't refering to me as the Bauxite fan...he was talking about moneyminer.
Exactly 💯

Mr.Football69

Rivercrest wins this game in a major landslide.  Not much can slow down Rivercrests momentum they carry over from last years state title.

Coltfan2005

I just don't see a landslide, but I like the way you think.

basketballguy28

I like Gosnell in this one by a landslide

redandgray

I don't think anyone will win this in a landslide. 

Coltfan2005

Quote from: basketballguy28 on September 27, 2018, 12:57:03 pm
I like Gosnell in this one by a landslide

Oh mary, you just have no idea what real High School football is.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 27, 2018, 12:52:56 pm
I just don't see a landslide, but I like the way you think.
Neither do I Gosnell is tough.Im going with either team 😷

ClutchFactor62

Wish I could watch this one. Good luck to the Colts

Lumberjackfan1978

I think Rivercrest gets the victory

Coltfan2005

#1 over 100 yards rushing first qtr for colts
colts fumble 3 times first qtr

Ghs21

Have that feeling ricercrest is gonna run away with it in the 2nd half ., unless gosnell can find answers to stopping 1 and 3

Ghs21

Very disappointed in gosnells effort in the 2nd. Congrats colts definitely the best team in the conference

Coltfan2005

Gosnell throwing cheap shots now. Good at running the score up on teams, not so good at getting their butts kicked.

Coltfan2005

redandgray

ISU7

Quote from: Ball Hawk on September 23, 2018, 01:49:45 pm
Lol.

I'll take Gosnell by 3
I sure hope that wasn't the best defense. 😂

501Arkansas

Coltfan2005

Quote from: ISU7 on September 29, 2018, 12:38:36 am
I sure hope that wasn't the best defense. 😂

Trumann, Valley View, Osceola...all had better defenses.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas