• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4a

Started by VanillaThunder, September 17, 2018, 12:50:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VanillaThunder

a new thread for the best conference in 4a! what're some thoughts about this upcoming week of high school football??

soccerman

I think injuries are going to be the biggest thing for teams. From what I have heard, Hatley is possibly out for the season for Arky, and Waits along with Taylor were injured in Robinson's last game.

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: soccerman on September 18, 2018, 09:09:13 am
I think injuries are going to be the biggest thing for teams. From what I have heard, Hatley is possibly out for the season for Arky, and Waits along with Taylor were injured in Robinson's last game.
I know who Waits is, but who is Taylor?

moneyminers

Quote from: soccerman on September 18, 2018, 09:09:13 am
Hootens had Hatley being able to be healthy for this game against Nashville

soccerman

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on September 18, 2018, 09:57:29 am
I am not sure who it is, but that's what I heard per sources.

-Mark-

Fountain Lake is very quietly 3-0 to start the season, something the Cobras haven't done since 2008. Their offense this year is nothing short of a circus, but it's working for them. Their defense has also pitched two shutouts in three games. Can this team stand up to the gauntlet of the 7-4A? That's still to be seen, but I think the Cobras are back in the driver's seat and are a true playoff contender in the conference. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the upset on one of the big three Robinson/Nashville/Arkadelphia.

Digger#23

I feel you Mark.  Bauxite feels the same way.

VanillaThunder

What's yalls opinion on the bauxite & Fountain Lake teams this year? Easy schedules or teams to look out for?

RyanLR

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on September 18, 2018, 09:57:29 am
Neither Noah Taylor or Zaytron Waits are hurt for Robinson. They got pulled from the game when they were up 34-12.

scrapman

Quote from: RyanLR on September 20, 2018, 05:26:01 am
Neither Noah Taylor or Zaytron Waits are hurt for Robinson. They got pulled from the game when they were up 34-12.
Guess we will see tomorrow.

OrangeCrush.

Fountain Lake worries me. They've got things going this year. I could be wrong but I think they are going to surprise some.

VanillaThunder

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on September 20, 2018, 10:14:50 pm
Fountain Lake worries me. They've got things going this year. I could be wrong but I think they are going to surprise some.
haven't seen much of them. What's their strong points & weak points?

SUGARTOWN

The thing about this conference is that you have 6 teams fighting for 5 spots. I think we all assume the Robinson, Nashville, and Arkadelphia (non-conference struggles notwithstanding) will be in. That leaves Ashdown, Fountain Lake and Bauxite fighting for the other 2 with one of them getting left out.

VanillaThunder

I've been hearing that Ashdown is not as talented this year

Neckred

Quote from: VanillaThunder on September 21, 2018, 09:52:11 am
I've been hearing that Ashdown is not as talented this year
Way down but seems most teams are across the state. 

VanillaThunder

With Bauxite and Nashville both being undefeated, who's streak will end first? Nashville has a tough game friday, and Bauxite plays a gritty Haskell team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas