• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ICC Boys Jamboree October 17

Started by Mr. Basketball, October 16, 2014, 04:38:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Basketball

Schedule for Izard County Boys Jamboree at ICC on October 17th

4:30 Cotter vs. Viola (Jr. Boys)
5:00 Cotter vs. Viola (Sr. Boys)
5:40 Izard County vs. Cotter (Jr. Boys)
6:10 Izard County vs. Cotter (Sr. Boys)
6:50 Viola vs. Bay (Jr. Boys)
7:20 Viola vs. Bay (Sr. Boys)
8:00 Bay vs. Izard County (Jr. Boys)
8:30 Bay vs. Izard County (Sr. Boys)

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Mr. Basketball on October 16, 2014, 04:38:28 pm
Schedule for Izard County Boys Jamboree at ICC on October 17th

4:30 Cotter vs. Viola (Jr. Boys)
5:00 Cotter vs. Viola (Sr. Boys)
5:40 Izard County vs. Cotter (Jr. Boys)
6:10 Izard County vs. Cotter (Sr. Boys)
6:50 Viola vs. Bay (Jr. Boys)
7:20 Viola vs. Bay (Sr. Boys)
8:00 Bay vs. Izard County (Jr. Boys)
8:30 Bay vs. Izard County (Sr. Boys)

Any updates??

Silky Johnson

Bay beat Viola by 20 and ICC by 9-10 in Sr. High
Jr high bay by double digits in both.

LHHC

October 17, 2014, 10:19:48 pm #3 Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:38:30 pm by LHHC
Well I know ICC was down 5 with .57 secs to go.  Looks like Bay may not blow everybody out like you D bag Bay "fanatics" were saying. 

FreeMoney

D6Bound

Quote from: LHHC on October 17, 2014, 10:19:48 pm
Well I know ICC was down 5 with .57 secs to go.  Looks like Bay may not blow everybody out like you D bag Bay "fanatics" were saying.
+1  8)

Silky Johnson

Yes they were just one half games.

ballmember

I heard issues with a referee/ coach/fans.     This is getting started early.   Wasnt there just got a call.  Was a coach thrown out of game???

Silky Johnson

Yes. The ref said something that was very unprofessional but it is what it is. First time for these people to get back to the game and emotions were running high for everyone.

Mr. Basketball

To clarify abover incident, it was Bay coach who was tossed in a Jamboree in second quarter in a very heated game.  I don't know about what was said but first T was for getting right in ref's face. Any ref would have T'd him and I doubt that T was caused by anything being said.   

bball101

You doubt??? If you doubt, then you should not be making comments about what happened.

Mr. Basketball

Nothing was being said by ref at time of first T.  No doubt about it.

Silky Johnson

The first one was over a foul complaint and her knew he was going to get a T.
Is Viola picked to finish 3 or 4 in conf.

Mr. Basketball

Viola should be 4th or 5th behind ICC, Norfork, Calico, and possibly Mammoth.  They were missing big soph post player last night.

bball101

I agree with that, Silky. The ref said nothing before the first T. Bay coach was just trying to take up for his boys.

Silky Johnson

I've never seen any of those refs but I hope they get some games under their belts. They weren't the best crew but it was a jamboree so maybe they were learning some too.

D6Bound

October 18, 2014, 11:17:48 am #16 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:26:14 am by D6Bound
Now Bay, let's get something straight here...you guys don't need to be bashing ANYONES refs. The worst officiating I've ever seen has came from your place....oh and another thing, What happened to Bay blasting everyone in 1A? Seems like them boys up at ICC played y'all good. I understand it's a half and all but man for how good y'all talked about yourself I expected that game to be a cakewalk

Silky Johnson

October 18, 2014, 11:21:24 am #17 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:26:34 am by Silky Johnson
What game at bay did you watch? I can agree we don't always have good ones but we don't like them either lol if you've ever seen any of the regionals at ICC you know what inconsistency looks like. The actual game you have to tip your hat to ICC, besides Watson no one played that good for bay and ICC shot really well on their home floor again.

D6Bound

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 18, 2014, 11:21:24 am
What game at bay did you watch? I can agree we don't always have good ones but we don't like them either lol
Doesn't matter. Maybe you can confirm this, I heard Bay has a set of refs that just officiate at Bay and nowhere else.

D6Bound

October 18, 2014, 11:28:37 am #19 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:30:55 am by D6Bound
What game at bay did you watch? I can agree we don't always have good ones but we don't like them either lol if you've ever seen any of the regionals at ICC you know what inconsistency looks like. The actual game you have to tip your hat to ICC, besides Watson no one played that good for bay and ICC shot really well on their home floor again.
Yup I figured that you were gonna say nobody played good for Bay and the other team just played really well kind of like last year when they beat your butts in the regional. Come on, a 1A school playing y'all like that? I thought that you guys have 5 of the top 10 best in 1A? How does 4 others of THAT caliber play bad???

Silky Johnson

Honestly if you believe that I really don't know what to tell you. That's incorrect and not even close to the truth. There are a few refs who will officiate multiple games at bay every year but I've seen 10+ guys and a couple females officiate at bay throughout a season. These refs have officiated games at the NEA at ASU and many games in the area in 1A-4A. Also if you can't tell me the game you saw I don't believe that you've actually been to a game but say what you will.

Silky Johnson

On their home floor they played their best game, the old ICC coach said this, and shot great and won in double OT by 2. A 2 point win is a butt whooping? Bay played horrendous and still had chances to win. Overall this game means nothing now. Last night Pritchett played pretty good too, he just had a few rim out. They only played 2 quarters, in a real game they'll need others to step up but their defense is in it's earliest stages right now. At this point with a bullseye on their back and last years upset it doesn't surprise me that ICC came to play. Sorry Bay didn't win by 30 in a 2 quarter game.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: D6Bound on October 18, 2014, 11:28:37 am
Yup I figured that you were gonna say nobody played good for Bay and the other team just played really well kind of like last year when they beat your butts in the regional. Come on, a 1A school playing y'all like that? I thought that you guys have 5 of the top 10 best in 1A? How does 4 others of THAT caliber play bad???
Bay is loaded and was up 15 and started playing some subs. It was still a 12 pt game that wasn't that close when the coach got kicked out. Colton Watson was playing with those boys he can score every trip if he choices to. Icc coach made a great adjustment in the 2nd qtr bc he found out real fast you cant guard Watson one on one.Don't get me wrong ICC has a chance to be very good. If they host State you will not want to play them on their home floor.

Mr. Basketball

It was a 7 point game when Coach ejected and both teams played mainly starters throughout the game.  It did not have a Jamboree atmosphere.  It was played like a real game.  I wouldn't classify it as a blowout game and I doubt Bay Coach will either.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Mr. Basketball on October 18, 2014, 12:06:16 pm
It was a 7 point game when Coach ejected and both teams played mainly starters throughout the game.  It did not have a Jamboree atmosphere.  It was played like a real game.  I wouldn't classify it as a blowout game and I doubt Bay Coach will either.
I was thinking around 10 or 12 but I do no he played 2 off the bench that will not play much in a regular game. Yall come on down to  Bay and see how it goes. Bay beat ICC by what 8 or 10 in a half that would've been ugly at Bay in 4 qtrs.

Moonshiner

Just curious as to how the ejection rule will apply? He is supposed to sit out the next event that was already on the schedule. Will he have to sit out of Bays next game and is that the Valley Springs game?

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 18, 2014, 12:49:56 pm
Just curious as to how the ejection rule will apply? He is supposed to sit out the next event that was already on the schedule. Will he have to sit out of Bays next game and is that the Valley Springs game?it wasn't a regular game so doesn't sit out but I promise u Valley and every other Bay hater hopes he is bc he is one of the top coaches in the state.

Moonshiner

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on October 18, 2014, 01:10:46 pm
Just curious as to how the ejection rule will apply? He is supposed to sit out the next event that was already on the schedule. Will he have to sit out of Bays next game and is that the Valley Springs game?it wasn't a regular game so doesn't sit out but I promise u Valley and every other Bay hater hopes he is bc he is one of the top coaches in the state.

Not so fast my friend.  I've seen Coaches have to sit because of JV ejections.  Don't see how this is any different.  It's a AAA sanctioned event.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 18, 2014, 03:44:36 pm

Not so fast my friend.  I've seen Coaches have to sit because of JV ejections.  Don't see how this is any different.  It's a AAA sanctioned event.
who cares my friend it's the first dang game of the year get over it Bay is 15 plus better than ICC and that's the bottom line. If y'all would ever come to Bay they would kick that A for y'all.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 18, 2014, 03:44:36 pm

No so fast my friend make ur way to Norfork tues about 530  and u will be wrong again. Just confirmed he will be coaching.

Moonshiner

I'm not an ICC fan Chip.  Hate em honestly.  Nor am I a Valley fan, or even anyone on your schedule. Unless you're on speed dial with the AAA I'm not sure how you can confirm that.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 18, 2014, 05:29:23 pm
I'm not an ICC fan Chip.  Hate em honestly.  Nor am I a Valley fan, or even anyone on your schedule. Unless you're on speed dial with the AAA I'm not sure how you can confirm that.
This isn't Chip so once again ur wrong

Moonshiner

Not so sure why you got so jacked up about this.  I simply asked a question that I honestly don't know the answer to. Good luck to Bay against Valley.  I always pull for class A against 3A. Now go take your meds before you stroke out.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 18, 2014, 05:42:11 pm
Not so sure why you got so jacked up about this.  I simply asked a question that I honestly don't know the answer to. Good luck to Bay against Valley.  I always pull for class A against 3A. Now go take your meds before you stroke out.
lol no I'm good but ur the one that said no so fast my friend so I was just letting u no he would be coaching my friend.

D6Bound

October 18, 2014, 06:43:57 pm #34 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 06:46:25 pm by D6Bound
Lol could Realdeal change his account?

D6Bound

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on October 18, 2014, 05:47:03 pm
lol no I'm good but ur the one that said no so fast my friend so I was just letting u no he would be coaching my friend.
thanks my friend. I'm happy he's coaching my friend

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: D6Bound on October 18, 2014, 06:43:57 pm
Not so fast my friend but good try.

D6Bound

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on October 18, 2014, 07:04:47 pm
Ok my friend. Just wondering.

Moonshiner

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on October 18, 2014, 05:47:03 pm

That was an actually an attempt at humor with a Lee Corso line but....whatever. 😜

BoxNOne

Jamboree definitely a AAA sanctioned event. I heard they get 80% of gate. I don't think I've ever heard of a coach getting tossed in a jamboree.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on October 18, 2014, 08:52:41 pm
Jamboree definitely a AAA sanctioned event. I heard they get 80% of gate. I don't think I've ever heard of a coach getting tossed in a jamboree.

Me neither, but only playing a half , must have happened quick

Shady

Quote from: D6Bound on October 18, 2014, 07:12:46 pm
Least everybody is friends here. I got your Lee Corso line Moonshiner, was quite funny. WhatuRingsize doesn't have the brain mass to understand good humor, maybe he took your advice and got his meds for the day

Moonshiner

Looks like he got to Coach the game and that's a good thing.  Wasn't there but sounds like I missed a close game.

Phog Allen

Just curious but I also got ejected in a jamboree a few years back so that makes two that have been ejected and I had to sit out the first regular season game. How did he get to coach tonight? Doesn't seem fair that I had to sit and he gets to coach

Moonshiner

Quote from: Phog Allen on October 21, 2014, 11:37:36 pm
Just curious but I also got ejected in a jamboree a few years back so that makes two that have been ejected and I had to sit out the first regular season game. How did he get to coach tonight? Doesn't seem fair that I had to sit and he gets to coach

See, now my original question doesn't seem so bad after all. I would've thought he would've had to sit out as well. Did your school make you or did the AAA?

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Shady on October 21, 2014, 01:17:47 pm
Quote from: D6Bound on October 18, 2014, 07:12:46 pm
Least everybody is friends here. I got your Lee Corso line Moonshiner, was quite funny. WhatuRingsize doesn't have the brain mass to understand good humor, maybe he took your advice and got his meds for the day
I got the Corso line also but like i said he could coach.

Woodrow1

Quote from: bball101 on October 18, 2014, 10:32:35 am
I agree with that, Silky. The ref said nothing before the first T. Bay coach was just trying to take up for his boys.

I was told that Coach Brannen told David Brogdon (who was the ref), "Y'all f*^% me everytime I'm up here!"  That is what got him tossed.  Stay classy Coach Brannen!!!

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Woodrow1 on October 22, 2014, 02:10:35 pm

I was told that Coach Brannen told David Brogdon (who was the ref), "Y'all f*^% me everytime I'm up here!"  That is what got him tossed.  Stay classy Coach Brannen!!!
[/quote I was told that the big ref told Brad that if he got in his face like that he would kick Brads A_ _ so Brad got in his face to see if he was really big enough.

Woodrow1

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on October 22, 2014, 02:16:51 pm

[/quote I was told that the big ref told Brad that if he got in his face like that he would kick Brads A_ _ so Brad got in his face to see if he was really big enough.

Someone has to be the bigger person and professional.  Doesn't look like either one did then.  So way to Stay Classy to both of them!

WhatsUrRingSize

Also wanted to say this IF Brad really said that he is 110% true. Bay has  got the raw end of the deal at ICC a bunch.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas