• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benefit Game Norfork vs Flippin Friday 10/17

Started by bulldog42, October 13, 2014, 07:19:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog42

Basketball season starts this week with the Benefit Games.  Norfork will be at Flippin Friday, what is everyone's thoughts on this game.  These are usually very competitive games, these teams have become rivals to an extent over the past 3 or 4 years.  Should be a good game to start the year.  Flippin returns 4 of 5 Starters.  Norfork lost a lot but still has some good pieces.  These teams will also play again on Halloween as Flippin travels to Norfork.

HawgDaddy

Flippin by a bunch...Although Flippin lost a starter, they have a very similar (maybe better) player that replaces him.  I'm high on Flippin this year.  Love their talent, coach, and even fans (except one or two highly unstable). 

BasketballCoach45

I have to completely disagree with the post above! It will not be a blowout by any means! I think it will be a close game like usual.

HawgDaddy

Considering that it is a benefit game, you are probably right about it being close.  I wouldn't expect a regular season game to be very close, maybe 15+.  Of course, it is basketball and anything can happen.  Flippin has more talent and depth overall.  I would be surprised if Norfork has enough around Lewis to keep it within 15.

Moonshiner

Norfork has some depth returning from last year.  They will be better than most people expect. Getting a significant move in always helps.  I see the difference in this game is learning a new system (Norfork) vs experience with a repeated system (Flippin).  Norfork is hard to beat ar home.  Panthers by 3

bulldog42

October 15, 2014, 09:21:11 pm #5 Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:25:45 pm by bulldog42
Quote from: Moonshiner on October 15, 2014, 09:10:36 pm
Norfork has some depth returning from last year.  They will be better than most people expect. Getting a significant move in always helps.  I see the difference in this game is learning a new system (Norfork) vs experience with a repeated system (Flippin).  Norfork is hard to beat ar home.  Panthers by 3
The game is at Flippin this Friday then they will play at Norfork on the 31st.      Flippin will be tough at home.  The only lost 1 player from last years team.  They will be deep, very experienced and disciplined. 

Moonshiner

October 15, 2014, 09:26:21 pm #6 Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:36:11 pm by Moonshiner
Actually that's what I thought but someone just told me earlier it was at Norfork.  My mistake.  The Bobcats by 10 in Dione's Dojo

bulldog42

Quote from: Moonshiner on October 15, 2014, 09:26:21 pm
Actually that's what I thought but someone just told me earlier it was at Norfork.  My mistake.  The Bobcats by 10 in Dione's Dojo
The JR High is at Norfork tomorrow, that me be what confused things.  Either way it will be good games.  They always are....

bulldog42

I will try to give updates the best I can through the games tonight. 

BasketballCoach45

Results from Norfork vs. Flippin Jr. Benefit Game: Just in case anyone wanted to know Norfork won both junior contests last night. Norfork girls won 41-10, and Norfork boys won 37-30.

bulldog42

Game start time has been moved from 5 to 5:30, still SR Boys JV, SR girls and SR boys

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: bulldog42 on October 17, 2014, 01:14:29 pm
Game start time has been moved from 5 to 5:30, still SR Boys JV, SR girls and SR boys

Any updates ??

bulldog42

bulldog42

bulldog42

Flippin boys led 18 to 11 after 1 and 28 to 17 at half

NEA Razorback olfan

bulldog42

Moonshiner

Flippin should take the 3A conference in that area with relative ease. Very impressive that Norfork could go in there and play them close.  I heard Norfork played horrible too. First year with a new coach. Those boys will only get better.

SoftballMom

Guys Game - Both teams have some cleaning up to do; but lots of subs going in and out. Norfork has one player that looks about 6'1 / 6'2, didn't start but got some playing time in. Lewis will be the key player on Norfork with good show from Davis. Flippin had a pretty good balance in players with 3 in double digits, good rotation with subs coming in and out of the game.

Oct 31st game - Game could go either way.

Girls game - Kelcey Acklin will be the key player for the Lady Panthers. I see her making All State this year as a Sophomore; she improves her skills she could play at the next level......Older sister is a senior this year, expect a better showing from her but got into some foul trouble in the 1st quarter with (3), so had to sit a bit on the bench. She can score in double digits as well when she gets on a roll, will be great to see them play together this year. Lady Panthers will be tough to beat in their conference and should make it back to state this year.

Flippin girls looked scrappy, but played with their hearts in this game. Good hard fought win for them; to bad K Acklin missed that free throw to go into overtime. She's not going to miss that shot again this year. Lady. Bobcats scoring was balanced between players, just happen to get a lucky on this game.

Expect to see the Lady Panthers beat the Lady Bobcats on October 31st.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas