• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

concord sr. boys

Started by Pfan1115, September 02, 2014, 08:09:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfan1115

predictions on concord sr. boys this year? are they any good? who do the have coming back? will they be making a state run?

ballmember

I have only saw some summer games, but I think they will be better than many expect.  Would not be surprised if they won their conference again.  Competition will be from Westside and Shirley. 

Pfan1115

how are they anygood at all?

ballmember

they have got a real shooter and still go after all loose balls.  In A ball if you have one that can bring it up and one that can score and 3 that will play defense you stand a chance.   Plus Concord thinks they are supposed to win, which doesnt hurt.   

J.D.

Quote from: Pfan1115 on September 03, 2014, 07:00:27 pm
how are they anygood at all?

When you consistently play against the best in practice year round, this sort of thing tends to happen.

Silky Johnson

I think some of last year will rub off on Richardson. He may be the only consistent threat but with class A being weaker they could make state. They will finish 1 or 2 in conf and more than likely win their first game in Regionals. The area they play in will help them win games. The things JD pointed out don't hurt either.

Pfan1115

will they be able to beat Shirley, wonderview or mountvernon?

Pfan1115

I do know they have 2 that can shoot, Nd 3 players coming back that played last year and 2 more that have potential to be good players in the conference. They will definately be a sleeper team kinda how mt. Vernon was last year

ballmember

I dont know if Mt Vernon will be better this year than last or not.  Wonderview may be nearly as good. and Shirley will be much improved.  If sophomores progress than Concord will have trouble with them when and if they meet in district tourney. 

Moonshiner

Is Southside in that conference?  Aren't they usually pretty good?

ballmember

Southside in conference with Shirley, Concord , Bradford, Rural Special, Timbo and Greers Ferry.  the starting 5 graduated so I dont know how they will be, probably not as strong.  I thought they had a good bunch last year and probably the 2d best player in the conference, their point guard.

gamechanger11

Whole conference is way down. Quite honestly pretty bad. But if Shirley's young kids develop they should be pretty solid team. Concord will have the best player in the conf but not too much to go with him.

ballmember

I agree that conference is way down.  Also Conference just north that Norfork, and Calico Rock is in, is down also.   I sure cant predict but dont see much competition for Bay in state, unless someone comes along not aware of.   However, hope they can all make the most of what they have to work with.   Agree that boy from Concord will be the best in the conference, he sure can shoot from outside; was not real good in jr high but has really improved.   That shows what hard work will do. 

arstatechamp13

Concord has players that have grown up around and played with a team that has been consistently good for several years. Richardson filled a huge spot last year and played like a senior. He'll have a role change this season as well as the other ones. They have all improved over the summer. Cornett knows how to win with whatever he's got. They won't be bad. I'm excited to see how good they actually are. It'll be an interesting season that's for sure

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on September 23, 2014, 09:16:51 pm
Concord has players that have grown up around and played with a team that has been consistently good for several years. Richardson filled a huge spot last year and played like a senior. He'll have a role change this season as well as the other ones. They have all improved over the summer. Cornett knows how to win with whatever he's got. They won't be bad. I'm excited to see how good they actually are. It'll be an interesting season that's for sure
Very well said State Champ. I'm excited as well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas