• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lets get top 10 boys and girls started

Started by ballmember, August 07, 2014, 09:40:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballmember

I place Bay as number one in Boys, will also add Wonderview; County Line and Scranton. Will rank soon my top 10.

Girls, I place ICC as one; Nemo Vista 2 and Wonderview 3.   Will add on later.   

Lets hear everyones opinions.   I am ready for high school basket ball.

Grizzlyfive0

Bay is number one in boys and the other nine doesn't matter because we are going to mercy rule every 1A team we play. Take that one to the bank boys and girls!

Moonshiner

Quote from: Grizzlyfive0 on August 07, 2014, 10:25:41 pm
Bay is number one in boys and the other nine doesn't matter because we are going to mercy rule every 1A team we play. Take that one to the bank boys and girls!

With the offseason acquisitions you certainly should.  If not you should consider replacing some people.

HorseFeathers

no mascot

Grizzlyfive0

Quote from: HF on August 08, 2014, 12:08:52 am
1. Fourche Valley

The rest don't matter :D
Not sure they can beat us, is that school in central ark?

HorseFeathers

Western arkansas. . . . They  got a legit post and a guard that can flat out run and gun. . .

Oldref

hey grizzly welcome aboard. Now for your predictions lets just hope bay is still playing until the last weekend of the season . They are talented and still a young team but mercy ruling everyone is a stretch. Just want them play hard and see what happens. Had a great player move to bay but they would have been team to beat anyway . He just adds the opportunity for bay to be unbelievable good if everyone stays healthy .. I expect plenty of competition Nevada should be good again with additional Stephen players .

pootnscoot

[/q
If you ever wonder when you show up at Regionals why 98% of the  fans in the stands minus the Bay faithful are cheering against you, just a thought.

HorseFeathers

honestly any 1a team that bay doesn't mercy rule this year should take it as a moral victory. . . . And i'm not from bay. . . .

Hogfan167

Bay should roll through 1A this season. They are as big a favorite to win a state championship as anyone could be IMO.

Oldref

So who else is in the conversation this year  I have
heard Scranton mentioned and i can't imagine Nevada not being good with the Stephen's players joining what they always had. What about Emerson  Who else will be good?

PuddlePirate12

Grizzlyfive0

Quote from: HF on August 08, 2014, 09:30:30 am
Western arkansas. . . . They  got a legit post and a guard that can flat out run and gun. . .
Ok, hope they meet up with the jackets and we will see what they're made of

Grizzlyfive0

Quote from: pootnscoot on August 08, 2014, 01:43:36 pm
[/q
If you ever wonder when you show up at Regionals why 98% of the  fans in the stands minus the Bay faithful are cheering against you, just a thought.
Better to be great and hated than bad and liked just a thought for u

Mamba13

I get it bay is good but do you posters have any class the most talent doesn't always make state remember last year? Perhaps you shouldn't be branding yourselves the kings of 1A in early August it just makes all of us smile so much more when they fail to even make the field of 16 which I think they will hands down but there is a lot that can happen between now and the state tournament!

Oldref

Trust me 13 no one from Yellowjacket land has forgotten last year early exit. Been working all summer to make sure it doesn't happen again .We all know anything can happen  on any given night. You just work as hard as you can and see what happens . Liked bays chances last year and things look even better this year. Time will tell just like always .

ballmember

For the boys i have my top ten( i reserve the right to change it before the season starts)  1-Bay 2-Fourche Valley 3-Wonderview 4-Nevada 5-Acorn 6-County Line 7-Scranton 8-Calico Rock 9-Norfork 10-Shirley.

For the girls I am still stuck at 3.  1-ICC 2-Nemo Vista 3-Wonderview.   

marksman

Nice poll love the fourche valley at 2. Shows your deep knowledge of the great 1a teams!

NWA Hawg

Besides Bay, what does everyone have returning in the boys side

Basketballfan13

No way FV is better then acorn this year!
1. bay
2. Acorn
3. Fourche valley
4. Jasper
5. Wonderview

PuddlePirate12

1. Bay 2. Scranton 3. Emerson 4. Wonderview 5. County Line 6. Acorn 7. Nevada.. After that I have no idea and there's really no certain order. Obviously Bay will be 1 but after that it's anyone's game

Basketballfan13

August 09, 2014, 12:22:54 am #22 Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:42:57 am by Basketballfan13

4real

If the Fourche Valley Indians aren't in the finals, something must be wrong  ;)

HorseFeathers

basketballfan  when acorn plays fourche this year Acorn better start begging for mercy before the game.  . . It'll look like a bunch of men playing little kids :-)

Basketballfan13

HF that's just because it will be a bunch of men playing kids....classic FV trick! Call them "exchange students"....just because those 25 yr old men are too drunk to speak English doesn't mean they count as exchange students!

4real

The Valley has a history of getting top Norwegian talent! 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on August 09, 2014, 01:10:19 pm
HF that's just because it will be a bunch of men playing kids....classic FV trick! Call them "exchange students"....just because those 25 yr old men are too drunk to speak English doesn't mean they count as exchange students!

I hear the Coach has added on to his house 6 times just to get more bedrooms to host these "exchange" students...John Hutchcraft is jealous of his technique

Grizzlyfive0

Quote from: Oldref on August 08, 2014, 01:38:56 pm
hey grizzly welcome aboard. Now for your predictions lets just hope bay is still playing until the last weekend of the season . They are talented and still a young team but mercy ruling everyone is a stretch. Just want them play hard and see what happens. Had a great player move to bay but they would have been team to beat anyway . He just adds the opportunity for bay to be unbelievable good if everyone stays healthy .. I expect plenty of competition Nevada should be good again with additional Stephen players .
Thanks oldref, glad to be here. Looking forward to a exciting season of Yellowjacket basketball that will hopefully end up with a state title trophy! Yea no one has forgotten the loss to end the season, that's for sure. I just think this team is a whole lot better than last years with the move in and the experience of the younger players now. Fourche Valley will win the state title with the likes of Twin Rivers, Stephens, Black Rock and all the other 1A schools that have closed the doors. :P

4real

Oh man! I was hoping HF could keep the legends of fourche valley alive for a while longer!

jacket3

As far as Bay mercy ruling teams are unlikely. The coach is too classy for that unless the opp. Is just really terrible. I see the bench getting a lot of quality time and playing experience for the future.

ballmember

Would like to come and watch Bay play.  What home game would that be??   Also , what tourney they in that will be strong??

Moonshiner

Quote from: jacket3 on August 10, 2014, 04:55:33 pm
As far as Bay mercy ruling teams are unlikely. The coach is too classy for that unless the opp. Is just really terrible. I see the bench getting a lot of quality time and playing experience for the future.

Mercy ruling isn't un classy.  Toying with someone while up 25 is.  And I have seen him do that with my own eyes. Another reason to pull for anyone besides. 
Go Timbo!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 10, 2014, 11:06:28 pm

Mercy ruling isn't un classy.  Toying with someone while up 25 is.  And I have seen him do that with my own eyes. Another reason to pull for anyone besides. 
Go Timbo!!!

Put a team out of their misery...why stretch it out....And seriously Timbo? LoL...your the ultimate fan lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 4real on August 10, 2014, 03:15:40 pm
Oh man! I was hoping HF could keep the legends of fourche valley alive for a while longer!

I heard that Coach Brannen has called up the Fourche Valley all-Legend team. Scheduled a double header with Bay vs Fourche Valley...and then Bay vs Scotland...At the Old Scotland Gym!

Basketballfan13

Quote from: HF on August 11, 2014, 12:26:29 am
Quote from: 4real on August 10, 2014, 03:15:40 pm

I heard that Coach Brannen has called up the Fourche Valley all-Legend team. Scheduled a double header with Bay vs Fourche Valley...and then Bay vs Scotland...At the Old Scotland Gym!

Bay going 1-1 that night won't be too bad! might have to replace a few of their players (doesn't scotland have the support poles on the sideline???)....but it'll be worth it!

Oldref

Go Timbo!!!
Ok Moonshine at least we have established you won't like any score that happens to have Bay ahead. We can live with that:-)

Real deal

Quote from: Oldref on August 11, 2014, 11:20:44 am

Go Timbo!!!
Ok Moonshine at least we have established you won't like any score that happens to have Bay ahead. We can live with that:-)

Yea same guy that was griping two years ago when a 3rd stringer dunked on Norfork when Bay was up 40.  Brannen had subbed second string at halftime, 3rd string played the whole 4th quarter, I think moonshiner wanted 3rd string (from Bay) to run the delay game but he never would admit it.  It's pretty obvious that Coach Brannen not one of moonshiners favorite coaches.  Of course he is a man who has been going to games with his buddies for 20 plus years in the hills which obviously makes him all knowing in the ways of how to coach basketball the right way.  In other words if Bay doesn't mercy rule someone when they can Brannen is a turd, if he calls off the dogs and plays his number 8-15 guys the whole second half and a kid pulls off a dunk he is a turd.  Yea its pretty safe to say that his hate is pretty clear.  I just hope he doesn't call anyone a cupcake over this!!  LOL  As far as the original thread, Bay will not mercy rule everyone whether Coach Brannen wants to or not, there are some good teams out there, secondly Bay is the favorite but knowledgble fans know they have alot to do just like every team that wins it every year.

Moonshiner

You Bay folks are so easy to offend.
Make fun of the hillbillies all you want.  ICC sent your boys packing very early last year. And you can't get much further in the hills than that.  Of course ICC fans are easily offended as well.  I was all over you guys for the R word and Bay slapped me silly.  ICC fans loved it.  Then I called them out for the same thing and ICC slapped me even more. You guys hate each other cause you're just alike.
Your post is so wrong about me in so many ways.  You are correct that 2 years ago I did voice some concerns with Bay.  That was the first time I had seen them play in several years.  Very talented and very we'll coached.  I did not however expect his 3rd unit to sit on it in a delay.  Since your memory is so good you will recall that I took offense, as a former Coach at the time, in the fact that he ran a set play for a lob dunk.  This was after his very good 3rd unit had tried to showboat earlier.  A kid had an easy layup but instead bounced it off the glass for the trail player to try and dunk it.  I was just taught to win with class and not try and humiliate your opponent. If Bay was getting beat 40 I don't think you would've like that either. Let the third unit play but knock off all that unnecessary junk.
If you guys are ok with that type of thing then so be it. I don't have to like it though.

FreeMoney

Grizzlyfive0

Yep can't satisfy anybody, win by 20 and it's you're toying with the other team and win by mercy rule were running up the score. If our 3rd team is good enough to administer a beating on ur team then I guess that's just to bad. What did u want us to do moonshiner stand over by the bench so the opposing team could make some easy layups and the score be a little closer at the end? Maybe Coach Brannen should ask the other coach before the game what would make him and his fans happy.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Grizzlyfive0 on August 11, 2014, 09:08:34 pm
Yep can't satisfy anybody, win by 20 and it's you're toying with the other team and win by mercy rule were running up the score. If our 3rd team is good enough to administer a beating on ur team then I guess that's just to bad. What did u want us to do moonshiner stand over by the bench so the opposing team could make some easy layups and the score be a little closer at the end? Maybe Coach Brannen should ask the other coach before the game what would make him and his fans happy.

I'm not a Norfork fan. I'm a basketball fan.  Was just there watching the game.
You obviously didn't read my post.

Oldref

I was there that night also......can't believe we are still talking about a play that happened at the very end of the game (last possession) by a kid that never scored another  basket at Bay and rarely even played....probably the last kid off the bench but was really athletic and about the only kid on the team that could dunk. Wasn't a planned play by anyone except the kid that set him up......true it was a celebration when it happened but it was all about everyone being happy for the kid that dunked. Had nothing what so ever to do with anything other than a spur of the moment thing and not meant to show anyone up......make it what you will but kids are kids and they all were happy to see him do it because of some special circumstances that you would never understand. Coach Brannen had nothing to do with it other than putting the third string in to play in a blowout game.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Oldref on August 11, 2014, 09:38:37 pm
I was there that night also......can't believe we are still talking about a play that happened at the very end of the game (last possession) by a kid that never scored another  basket at Bay and rarely even played....probably the last kid off the bench but was really athletic and about the only kid on the team that could dunk. Wasn't a planned play by anyone except the kid that set him up......true it was a celebration when it happened but it was all about everyone being happy for the kid that dunked. Had nothing what so ever to do with anything other than a spur of the moment thing and not meant to show anyone up......make it what you will but kids are kids and they all were happy to see him do it because of some special circumstances that you would never understand. Coach Brannen had nothing to do with it other than putting the third string in to play in a blowout game.

Oldref your memory is playing tricks on you. Im sure there's still video up there somewhere in bayville.  Love the way you guys try to make it sound like no big deal. I'm not the one that brought this up.  Your buddy from Bay did.
I was a huge Razorback fan when Nolan was there, but saw him beat a team by 80 once and had his starters still in and pressing. Didn't like that either.
You wouldn't defend this type of thing if it weren't your favorite team doing it.

Oldref

Wasn't a big deal to 99.9% of the folks that saw it. It is all about perspective and you perceive Bay as the evil empire for some reason. Pretty sure nothing would ever change your opinion on that. By the way who is your favorite team? Everyone has someone they root for. I have several myself.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Oldref on August 11, 2014, 10:34:37 pm
Wasn't a big deal to 99.9% of the folks that saw it. It is all about perspective and you perceive Bay as the evil empire for some reason. Pretty sure nothing would ever change your opinion on that. By the way who is your favorite team? Everyone has someone they root for. I have several myself.

It makes no difference who my favorite team is. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything.  Even if my favorite team was Bay, I wouldn't support some of the things that go on over there.  I honestly just love to watch good basketball.  Which, in my mind, involves teamwork, hard work, discipline, win and lose with tact.  Basically I like the teams that do it the right way.  Basketball is a beautiful thing.
I know that on that night there were more folks than just me talking about what happened.  They just weren't sitting in your section.
Don't go thinking you're special just because I dislike what goes on over there.  I've got a few other schools on my list too. Your evil twin ICC is one.  You guys just toot your own horns on here so much that a few, well several people feel the need to call you out on it.

Mr. Basketball

Quote from: ballmember on August 08, 2014, 09:14:12 pm
For the boys i have my top ten( i reserve the right to change it before the season starts)  1-Bay 2-Fourche Valley 3-Wonderview 4-Nevada 5-Acorn 6-County Line 7-Scranton 8-Calico Rock 9-Norfork 10-Shirley.

Obviously Bay and Emerson will be very good and I assume Wonderview and Nevada will also.  I don't know anything about Fourche Valley and Acorn.  Bay's achilles heel could be depth but returning so many key players from last year plus adding Watson is huge. As long as they stay out of foul trouble they will be tough to beat particularly with Coach Brannen at the helm. Emerson looked tough last year and should be a factor in the state tournament this year. I know Wonderview returns some very talented players. The bottom end of top ten maybe forgetting some other teams that might crack the top ten.  As mentioned, Shirley has a shot to be there with with some good young players coming on this year and Coach Brown leading them but I don't see Norfork and Calico in the top ten unless a number of players step up because of the key players they each lost to graduation.  Norfork will have to replace the Lewis kid and I know his brother can play but it will be difficult to replace his firepower.  Calico lost Woods and McClain which was also a lot of their firepower. If Calico can score consistently they might make top ten but they will miss Woods and McClain.  It can't help Norfork that they constantly change coaches and Calico will have to get major help from sophs to compete for a conference title.  They do have a talented group moving up though but Calico and Norfork may be a year away due to having to develop some new team chemistry. I suspect Hughes moving to 1A will probably make them a factor in the top ten. Also, don't overlook Viola and ICC in the 1A 2 North and maybe even the top ten.  I believe Viola returns four starters and moves up a 6'3' stud from junior high while ICC returns four starters and two key reserves and should be much improved since three of the starters were just sophs last year.  Getting to the regional final and competing in the state tournament last year should be a plus too. They also had a good group of freshman move up that could help as well.  Coach Adams does a great job at Viola and Coach McCandlis at ICC now having a year under his belt won't hurt either.  As usual, the 1A 2 North will be very competitive from top to bottom with Mammoth Spring probably being a little better this year and Hillcrest having to quickly adjust after losing their main guy and some other key players to graduation.  It should again be a very competitive year in Class 1A from top to bottom.

HorseFeathers

Mr. Basketball...Fourche Valley doesn't exist anymore :D Their district was annexed into the Two Rivers school district(The High School is just outside of Plainview Arkansas now..)

Oldref

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 11, 2014, 11:19:05 pm
Quote from: Oldref on August 11, 2014, 10:34:37 pm

It makes no difference who my favorite team is. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything.  Even if my favorite team was Bay, I wouldn't support some of the things that go on over there.  I honestly just love to watch good basketball.  Which, in my mind, involves teamwork, hard work, discipline, win and lose with tact.  Basically I like the teams that do it the right way.  Basketball is a beautiful thing.
I know that on that night there were more folks than just me talking about what happened.  They just weren't sitting in your section.
Don't go thinking you're special just because I dislike what goes on over there.  I've got a few other schools on my list too. Your evil twin ICC is one.  You guys just toot your own horns on here so much that a few, well several people feel the need to call you out on it.
Bay has all the good traits you mentioned along with most other teams that I have seen play. It is pretty obvious to me you have been wounded deeply somehow by Bay and some others you mentioned or didn't mention. Think we have gone about as far as we can go with this discussion. If I were you I would avoid watching any teams that disgust you so much. Good luck to you and whatever mystery teams you support.

Real deal

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 11, 2014, 10:10:55 pm
Quote from: Oldref on August 11, 2014, 09:38:37 pm

Oldref your memory is playing tricks on you. Im sure there's still video up there somewhere in bayville.  Love the way you guys try to make it sound like no big deal. I'm not the one that brought this up.  Your buddy from Bay did.
I was a huge Razorback fan when Nolan was there, but saw him beat a team by 80 once and had his starters still in and pressing. Didn't like that either.
You wouldn't defend this type of thing if it weren't your favorite team doing it.

Your mind is playing tricks on you!!  You did bring it up, mercy ruling everyone got brought up by grizz true, which will not happen and I stated that in my post.  Then YOU chimed in and said you had personally seen Coach Brannen toy with people up 25 and that mercy ruling was a good thing and I'm sorry if my memory is good but its pretty easy to figure out your opinions and thats fine, is not saying you have seen him do this living in the past?  You say Brannen is a great coach, well he is a better man and he was not trying to embarrass Norfork that year, two 3rd stringers made a play at the end of the game, he did not draw up the play but with your own all knowing expertise 2 years later your still saying he did.  I bet if Norfork would have been up 40 on Bay and had a kid dunk last play of the game this never would have been an issue.  Problem maybe we are all not near as smart as we think on here, including me and you, but the bottem line is BAY is your primary target and you really know nothing about them.  Lastly, I want to clear up something real quick.  I love the hills of Arkansas, no place I would rather be.  ICC has always been and will continue to be a great school.  Now, sure there is a budding rivalry in the works since they kept Bay from going to the state tournament for the first time in 6 years, but I respect what they do.  Love succesful teams or hate them they are probably successful over and over again because they are doing something right, its just alot easier in todays world to be negative and conspiracy theorists.  My guess is jealousy plays a role in this for you since we can't get any info on your 20 yr coaching experience or who you root for.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas