• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EPotts????

Started by Woodrow1, May 22, 2014, 01:57:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodrow1

You seem like a guy in the know at Norfork.  Who are they going to hire?

epotts

It hasn't been decided yet. Still interviewing!

Moonshiner

Come on now epotts.  Who's the favorite?  Who would you like to see roaming the sidelines?

epotts

Well we will know on June 2nd or 3rd and there are a lot of good applicants and without talking to them myself i honestly dont know who I want.

Woodrow1

Were you on the committee that was interviewing the coaches?

ZoneBuster

I heard rumor of a first year coach. Only rumor though, very unreliable source from second hand info lol.

Moonshiner

If that's the case then their trend of getting a new coach every other year will likely continue.  I know of some experienced coaches that applied and were willing to stay there a while.  Looks like they would learn from their many past hires that most first year guys are looking to move up.
Maybe this one will stick for a while.

ZoneBuster

If it's who I've heard, he will be a very good one I think. Whether he stays for a while I have no clue.

Moonshiner

Which one did you hear?  I've heard of two and both have dads that have been coaches.

NWA Hawg

ZoneBuster

The name I heard was Lynch

NWA Hawg

Wonder why he would leave jasper?

Moonshiner

epotts

No I was not on the committee and glad I was not.

pootnscoot

Is Lewis staying in Norfork for his Sophomore year?

Woodrow1

Epotts, y'all have a guy running for school board who knows ball!  I saw his sign in town. Y'all might want his input on the decision. "Just keeping it real..."

NWA Hawg

Saw on another thread that coach layman from Parker's chapel was hired by norfork. Any truth to that?

epotts

That is correct we now have a father-son duo I Norfork.

epotts

Yes, Lewis is staying to the best of my knowledge

Oldref

Quote from: epotts on June 03, 2014, 12:07:07 pm
That is correct we now have a father-son duo I Norfork.
Dad coaching boys and son coaching girls?

epotts

Old Man River

What kind of resume is he walking in the door with? His son has had some success with his girls but can the senior Laymon succeed in the immediate future with so much of Norfork's squad graduating?

epotts

Quote from: Old Man River on June 04, 2014, 12:59:52 am
What kind of resume is he walking in the door with? His son has had some success with his girls but can the senior Laymon succeed in the immediate future with so much of Norfork's squad graduating?
sorry but I can't answer that question is unque.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Old Man River on June 04, 2014, 12:59:52 am

Coach Laymon (the dad) has a great track record. I believe he has close to 35 years of coaching experience. I know he has at least on state runner-up a couple years ago. Seems like he has been to the championship a couple times and may have one one. His teams are always fundamentally sound and he will change the culture at norfork to a more defensive team. His teams are always looked at as some of the best in south arkansas.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas