• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 4A-3 conference (Girls)

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, October 21, 2018, 05:02:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

slawdawg millionaire

Girls
Valley View 52,
Westside 48, Final

Lady Blazers had to overcome a 33-30 deficit at the end of the third, putting together a big 10-0 run in the fourth. Lady Warriors had some big performances from their ninth-grade call-ups.

NEA Razorback olfan

J12

Westside girls lose to Valley View 52-48 in the first game of the tournament. 

HorseFeathers

anyone have either the girls or boys brackets??

cannon

Quote from: slawdawg millionaire on February 11, 2019, 05:28:12 pm
Girls
Valley View 52,
Westside 48, Final

Lady Blazers had to overcome a 33-30 deficit at the end of the third, putting together a big 10-0 run in the fourth. Lady Warriors had some big performances from their ninth-grade call-ups.

Westside outworked, outshot, and outplayed Valley View. They just lost their poise in the 4th quarter, and VV capitalized on it. They'll be a force to reckon with as their young talent matures over the next three seasons.

87DAWG

Quote from: cannon on February 11, 2019, 09:48:54 pm
Westside outworked, outshot, and outplayed Valley View. They just lost their poise in the 4th quarter, and VV capitalized on it. They'll be a force to reckon with as their young talent matures over the next three seasons.
Lady Rebels 51  Lady Blazers 38

Valley View started the game shooting hot from the floor.  #00 controlled the paint after the 1st quarter with multiple blocks and altering shots the rest of the way. Good win against a Valley View team that has, IMO, gotten better through out the year.  Highland qualifies for the Regional East! Up next #1 Batesville. Gonna need a big game to compete....

MDXPHD

Brookland girls held the ball at half court down by one with 5 min left in the first half. Held it for the last shot. Then missed. Nice work, Brookland.

LRRandy

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 16, 2019, 06:24:58 pm
Brookland girls held the ball at half court down by one with 5 min left in the first half. Held it for the last shot. Then missed. Nice work, Brookland.
that is the payoff I love to see when teams stall. Miss.

NEA Razorback olfan

Big win for the Lady Bearcats over a very talented Batesville team 43-41

Bulldog92

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 16, 2019, 08:10:38 pm
Congrats to Brookland NEA!!

Thank you Sir!!

Batesville is very talented!

Bulldog92

They are, big win for y'all. Can tell from the post they haven't lost much, LOL!! 

RiceMan3

Quote from: LRRandy on February 16, 2019, 06:37:48 pm
that is the payoff I love to see when teams stall. Miss.

hashtag... see final score.

NEASportsFan1

I am trying to understand how some people can get upset at this game? I mean, let's look at this from a coaching standpoint. Brooklands coach (I dont know him by name), knew coming in they were out matched. It has been proven by the past 3 matchups, so he knew that his team would not be able to square up to Fowler's bunch for a 4th time and have a different result. I mean, the game was by no means a fans dream to watch, but from a coaching standpoint? I thought it was their only shot because Batesville had them out-talented and out-manned. I mean, I remember when Stuttgart won the 4A boys state title in 2011 by holding the ball all the way through regionals and the state tournament. From the stands it was agonizing because there was nothing to watch, along with high school boys game finishing below the 20s. I get the argument that Fowler could have made them play by pressing up on them when they started holding, buy why would he? Especially in the 2nd quarter and he was up, knowing this team is not as good as what he has. I mean I think Batesville girls just thought the trophy was already theirs because of the previous 3 matchups, just goes to show you cant just throw on the uniform and run out of the locker and expect to win the hardware.

JessieP

Quote from: NEASportsFan1 on February 19, 2019, 10:45:57 pm
I am trying to understand how some people can get upset at this game? I mean, let's look at this from a coaching standpoint. Brooklands coach (I dont know him by name), knew coming in they were out matched. It has been proven by the past 3 matchups, so he knew that his team would not be able to square up to Fowler's bunch for a 4th time and have a different result. I mean, the game was by no means a fans dream to watch, but from a coaching standpoint? I thought it was their only shot because Batesville had them out-talented and out-manned. I mean, I remember when Stuttgart won the 4A boys state title in 2011 by holding the ball all the way through regionals and the state tournament. From the stands it was agonizing because there was nothing to watch, along with high school boys game finishing below the 20s. I get the argument that Fowler could have made them play by pressing up on them when they started holding, buy why would he? Especially in the 2nd quarter and he was up, knowing this team is not as good as what he has. I mean I think Batesville girls just thought the trophy was already theirs because of the previous 3 matchups, just goes to show you cant just throw on the uniform and run out of the locker and expect to win the hardware.

Very good post. Make no mistake, through all the frustration of the stall the fact of the matter was Batesville thought the game was a forgone conclusion. Never underestimate your opponent. You nailed it on this post.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas