• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Boys State Tournament

Started by CTEPirateFan, February 27, 2016, 11:51:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CTEPirateFan

Ghs21

Gosnell over D way
Huntsville over Nashville
River view over Pottsville
Monticello over westside

LRRandy

Quote from: Ghs21 on February 28, 2016, 04:45:18 pm
Gosnell over D way
Huntsville over Nashville
River view over Pottsville
Monticello over westside
i agree with three of the four. Dollar way beats Gosnell.

sportsguy80

Quote from: LRRandy on February 28, 2016, 06:08:02 pm
And Nashville might beat Huntsville.

Ghs21

Quote from: LRRandy on February 28, 2016, 06:08:02 pm
I don't know about that, it should be a really good game though. But Gosnell has lost one of there best players due to a broken wrist. But we will just have to see. I'll take Gosnell

LRRandy

Quote from: Ghs21 on February 28, 2016, 06:28:15 pm
I don't know about that, it should be a really good game though. But Gosnell has lost one of there best players due to a broken wrist. But we will just have to see. I'll take Gosnell
really looking forward to seeing teams play that I have not seen this year.

Ghs21

I really wish I could make it but I won't be able to. So hopefully there will be a live steam or something

itsslim

Dollarway games will be live streamed on the NFHSNETWORK

Sports1511

Good luck to all the teams making it to state!

Cm31029

Gosnell Beats DollerWay In A Close One

HighSchoolRecruiter

Quote from: Cm31029 on February 29, 2016, 12:07:03 pm
Gosnell Beats DollerWay In A Close One

I'll take this bet. Dollarway by 10+

Ghs21

Neither team will win by that much, there both very close. It will come down to the wire

sportsguy80

Quote from: Ghs21 on February 29, 2016, 01:30:07 pm
Neither team will win by that much, there both very close. It will come down to the wire
I would somewhat agree and disagree. Both teams may play a similar style but if Gosnell has lost a starter that will play a major factor at this time of the year. Another thing is I don't know how good the East region is this year but I do know the South was pretty good. I guess we will find out very soon.

ballislife101

Quote from: HighSchoolRecruiter on February 29, 2016, 01:00:20 pm
I'll take this bet. Dollarway by 10+
From what i seen on videos and heard Dollarway doesn't have any top notch players, they just play hard and are quick. I'll take Gosnell they are very talented with many weapons. It will be close since one of the best players are gone but it will happen.

HighSchoolRecruiter

Quote from: ballislife101 on March 01, 2016, 09:14:26 am
From what i seen on videos and heard Dollarway doesn't have any top notch players, they just play hard and are quick. I'll take Gosnell they are very talented with many weapons. It will be close since one of the best players are gone but it will happen.

They have a good post man, but he gets caught up in the game and commits a lot of bad fouls. They have a few good shooters, but they can be hot on one day and cold on the next.

ballislife101

my question how good is baptist prep? are they living up that what i've heard? If so, I think both Gosnell and Dollarway will have trouble with them.

HighSchoolRecruiter

Quote from: ballislife101 on March 01, 2016, 09:23:22 am
my question how good is baptist prep? are they living up that what i've heard? If so, I think both Gosnell and Dollarway will have trouble with them.

Absolutely, both teams would have to play a perfect game just to be competitive with Prep.

ballislife101

Quote from: HighSchoolRecruiter on March 01, 2016, 09:33:44 am
Absolutely, both teams would have to play a perfect game just to be competitive with Prep.
That is what I thought! I wish I could watch them play! sounds like a very solid ball club. I would take them winning it all.

HighSchoolRecruiter

Quote from: ballislife101 on March 01, 2016, 01:29:57 pm
That is what I thought! I wish I could watch them play! sounds like a very solid ball club. I would take them winning it all.

If dollarway wins you can watch it online

pridgehog

Quote from: sportsguy80 on February 28, 2016, 06:24:12 pm
And Nashville might beat Huntsville.
Not even a small chance of this happening. Huntsville will win easy.

HighSchoolRecruiter

Quote from: pridgehog on March 01, 2016, 04:23:27 pm
Not even a small chance of this happening. Huntsville will win easy.

Any team can beat anyone in the playoffs, one bad game and you go home.

Billie Blue

We play Jonesboro Westside Thursday at 2:30 can anyone give me a little insight about them I see they have a good record and seem to have a lot of height may be a tough first round game for us

ballislife101

Quote from: Billie Blue on March 01, 2016, 05:48:33 pm
We play Jonesboro Westside Thursday at 2:30 can anyone give me a little insight about them I see they have a good record and seem to have a lot of height may be a tough first round game for us
They are a solid team, and they don't have much height at all. They have shooters. Worry about rico mayo, they have a solid freshman. they are a good team and might make a good run in state

StevenGlen

Getting ready with my pre-broadcast stuff and I realize, I don't have a clue where the gym is located.  Is it at the high school?  Google Maps shows a couple of images that looks like it could be a gym.  Any assistance would be great! 

Good luck everyone!

STeve

~WPS~

March 02, 2016, 11:58:57 am #24 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:06:44 pm by ~WPS~
At the high school. It's between the highway and football stadium. Entrance is on the side of the highway. Can't miss it. Parking will be a major problem.

HighSchoolRecruiter

Gosnell takes Dollarway 63-59

Billie Blue

Quote from: ballislife101 on March 01, 2016, 10:27:25 pm
They are a solid team, and they don't have much height at all. They have shooters. Worry about rico mayo, they have a solid freshman. they are a good team and might make a good run in state
I was just looking at maxpreps when I checked their roster out and it said a 6'6" guard that's pretty tall for a guard around here that's why I said they have a lot of height and maxpreps could have been wrong they have been that way before

beach bum

Those boys from Huntsville in the hollers of Madison County always amaze me and show us that they seem to always know a thing or two about basketball. Way to beat the Scrapper Storm.

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on March 02, 2016, 07:54:39 pm
Those boys from Huntsville in the hollers of Madison County always amaze me and show us that they seem to always know a thing or two about basketball. Way to beat the Scrapper Storm.
they play very disciplined and shoot really well.

Billie Blue

2 of the south region boys teams have went down us and malvern are going to have to get things going

chickasaw fan

Baptist Prep and Gosnell should be an interesting match up today. If Gosnell can get out and run and knock down some 3's they will win. If not then it will be a long game for the pirates.

Ghs21

I'm pretty sure Gosnell has more speed, and they have a guy who can jump through the roof. It will be a good game, Gosnell always has a lot of fast Breaks. We will see.
If Carlos gets hot it will be close

OOps

I say Baptist wins by 20. Maybe more. You haven't seen or played a team like them.

Ghs21

Hmm I don't know if either team will win by that much, but I guess we will see

Ghs21

How tough is baptist preps conference?

OOps

Well 3 out of 4 teams that made the state tournament in their regional were from their conference. The conference they're in typically does really well in the state tournament overall. I'm not really sure how good their conference is though this year. I have just seen Prep play a couple times and they just provide such a mismatch for everyone.

ballislife101

Quote from: OOps on March 03, 2016, 01:46:40 pm
I say Baptist wins by 20. Maybe more. You haven't seen or played a team like them.
do not be so sure of yourself saying such things, sir. I agree Baptist might come out on top, I believe Gosnell has a chance, they play good upbeat. I do not know if Baptist will keep up. Baptist has great size, it will be a interesting game.

CTEPirateFan

Ghs21

March 03, 2016, 03:22:47 pm #38 Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 03:26:22 pm by Ghs21
I heard the Gosnell baptist game will be live streamed. Is that true?

Ghs21

HighSchoolRecruiter

Quote from: Ghs21 on March 03, 2016, 03:22:47 pm

If so, who is streaming it?

eagle1

How is parking? I assume not good since the new gym was built on the old parking lot.

CTEPirateFan

I want to know what Coach Sherrer told his players at halftime to make that comeback win over Westside. I only wish I could've seen it. Congrats Monticello, and good luck tomorrow night against Ozark.

Bulldog92

Congrats to Monticello on the win today!! 

Billie Blue

Quote from: CTEPirateFan on March 03, 2016, 03:58:57 pm
I want to know what Coach Sherrer told his players at halftime to make that comeback win over Westside. I only wish I could've seen it. Congrats Monticello, and good luck tomorrow night against Ozark.
I wasn't there either I heard it on the radio whatever it was he told them the players listened and executed it well great comeback win I'll be there tomorrow when we play Ozarks they are the hillbillies and we are the billies so let's get the billies a win over the hillbillies

Billie Blue

Quote from: Bulldog92 on March 03, 2016, 04:24:43 pm
Congrats to Monticello on the win today!!
Good luck tomorrow against CAC let's keep the 8-4A rolling!

Bulldog92

Quote from: Billie Blue on March 03, 2016, 04:49:38 pm
Good luck tomorrow against CAC let's keep the 8-4A rolling!
Thanks, it's going to be a tough one!!

OOps

beach bum

March 03, 2016, 09:17:58 pm #48 Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:34:54 pm by beach bum
Quote from: OOps on March 03, 2016, 07:44:46 pm
And Baptist won by 20....

I am not surprised..... The two post players are unbelievable. They finish with both hands with absolute comfort and it is amazing how good of shape they are in for having to carry that much human around for lack of a better way to say it. I don't think the average person understands how hard it is for a person that tall to be able to get in top level shape compared to much shorter players. You can tell those two young men have put in countless hours of hard work to just play so smoothly at that size as teenagers. They both have bright futures ahead of themselves. Plus, Baptist has guards that handle the ball very well and get buckets when they are called upon.

Ghs21

It seems like
Gosnell played a heck of a game though with the height they have. There tallest guy is 6 foot 1 against a few 7 footers. It was close all the way to the end.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas