• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A North Regional @ Prairie Grove

Started by razorsharp94, February 21, 2016, 12:00:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

Ole Legend

The refs are protecting Baptist about like they protect Malik Monk. It's been pathetic thus far.

MrSmith

Eagle20

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 24, 2016, 08:52:56 pm
The refs are protecting Baptist about like they protect Malik Monk. It's been pathetic thus far.
That makes no sense.  Private schools get the bad end of the calls most of the time!

Eagle20

Quote from: Eagle20 on February 24, 2016, 09:03:16 pm
That makes no sense.  Private schools get the bad end of the calls most of the time!
I was being sarcastic.  I realize both teams are private schools.

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

Baptist Prep 70
Shiloh Christian 41
Final

LRRandy

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 24, 2016, 08:52:56 pm
i don't know about that. There were some missed calls on fouls when our bigs had close shots but contact was not called resulting in a walk and a missed shot. Clear contact. Shiloh played hard. Whoever described their style was right. They keep coming wave after wave. Their coach has them in a do or die style. Layup after layup resulted in a mercy rule game with the clock running the whole 4th quarter. When your press keeps getting broken like that you might want to rethink your strategy. His players fought hard. They were just put in a bad situation. Great game Eagles!

Ozark Hog

Just a fan last night with no dog in the fight. However I would like to comment on one of the games. First of all Prairie Grove has a beautiful gym every thing is first class. I wish I could say the same thing about the way their coach acts on the sideline. He likes a little kid running up and down in front of the bench, making those funny faces.  Wonder if he has ever watched a game film and observed himself in action? I was waiting for him to blow a gasket, once when  he called a time out and got in the girls faces he looked like a mad man. I would hate to let a daughter of mine play for him.
The student acted as bad as he did, if I would have been one of the officials, I would have thrown a couple boys on the front row out of the game, they went pasted just having fun. 
Do not see their girls winning any state tournaments if cant beat a team who had only one player, that would start for most teams in 4-4A. Star City would run them off the floor.

razorsharp94

Quote from: Ozark Hog on February 25, 2016, 06:58:52 am
Just a fan last night with no dog in the fight. However I would like to comment on one of the games. First of all Prairie Grove has a beautiful gym every thing is first class. I wish I could say the same thing about the way their coach acts on the sideline. He likes a little kid running up and down in front of the bench, making those funny faces.  Wonder if he has ever watched a game film and observed himself in action? I was waiting for him to blow a gasket, once when  he called a time out and got in the girls faces he looked like a mad man. I would hate to let a daughter of mine play for him.
The student acted as bad as he did, if I would have been one of the officials, I would have thrown a couple boys on the front row out of the game, they went pasted just having fun. 
Do not see their girls winning any state tournaments if cant beat a team who had only one player, that would start for most teams in 4-4A. Star City would run them off the floor.

Prairie Grove is 2-0 in the state tournament vs Star City.  Everything you say about Coach Fraud is true and he does not make any friends but he can coach.  I have watched him take teams that were routinely less talented than teams that they played and he beat them.  They are also always in the running for the state championship.  I'll bet they are a tough out in the state tournament.  I'll be rooting against them.

StevenGlen

Let me echo the sentiment that the PG Facility is excellent, especially for the fans.  Something about the way the gym is constructed makes the seats feel closer to the action than their actual distance.  The Tournament has us media types in a corner on the concourse level, but I still feel close to the action on the floor.  Is their an official name for the facility?  None of the folks in "media corner" knew, so on my Pottsville broadcasts I'm calling the place the "Tiger's Lair".  I'm looking forward to coming back tonight for the Apache's boys game.

MrSmith

mountainman

Hey-- beach bum I hope you didn't bet the farm on the Baptist--- Shiloh game last night, if you did I got a old tent I will gave you. I don't want you to have to sleep on the streets.   ::) LOL

LRRandy

February 25, 2016, 09:59:36 am #71 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:16:32 am by LRRandy
Quote from: beach bum on February 24, 2016, 01:54:35 pm
I hear the Blackhawks have been shooting at least 70% from three point range and 90% from the line at practice this week. Baptist Prep should be scared of the Hawks and the rest of the 1-4A  :o

Hawks 58 One of those countless private schools in West Little Rock 54
how is practice going? Still dropping bombs at a high %? All this running down of Baptist Prep I fear may have you overlooking Pottsville. That could be a mistake. Those Apache boys play hard. Remember. Lose and go home. I sure hope nerves don't get the best of them. I thought of a song for you.
"His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs"

But will the bombs fall. Hope to see you Friday.

pridgehog

Quote from: LRRandy on February 25, 2016, 09:59:36 am
how is practice going? Still dropping bombs at a high %? All this running down of Baptist Prep I fear may have you overlooking Pottsville. That could be a mistake. Those Apache boys play hard. Remember. Lose and go home. I sure hope nerves don't get the best of them. I thought of a song for you.
"His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs"

But will the bombs fall. Hope to see you Friday.
Randy, the guy who is saying all the stuff about bomb dropping is not from Pea Ridge, hes a dude trying to stir up garbage kind of like you have been. Pea Ridge does not overlook anybody, their coach would not allow that to happen. Just like Huntsville didn't overlook Dover last night.

LRRandy

Quote from: pridgehog on February 25, 2016, 10:21:25 am
Randy, the guy who is saying all the stuff about bomb dropping is not from Pea Ridge, hes a dude trying to stir up garbage kind of like you have been. Pea Ridge does not overlook anybody, their coach would not allow that to happen. Just like Huntsville didn't overlook Dover last night.
internet jousting is just like the sign on a pinball machine "for amusement only". It's just for fun. The best team will win. Knowing nothing about the Pea Ridge team I can only say they will be in for a fight tonight against Pottsville. Huntsville was very impressive with their offensive efficiency last night. Good shooters. They moved the ball well, particularly the skip passes that Dover failed to get out on to stop the easy three. Lots of good ball to be played. Good luck to you tonight.

razorsharp94

Today's games should be really interesting as most Thursdays are in regional tourney.

Girls side:

Ozark
Huntsville 4:00

Berryville
Clinton 7:00

Huntsville has already beaten Ozark at Ozark but that was very early in the season.  Can they pull it off again?  After watching both teams I feel like Ozark has the upper hand.  Huntsville is really young and their best days are ahead.  Berryville vs Clinton.  Another evenly matched interesting ball game.  Berryville is going to bring a physical man to man defense into this game.  How will the refs call it will be a factor in it.

LRRandy

HUGE shout out to Pottsville cheerleaders and girls basketball team for forming a tunnel for the Baptist Prep boys team to run through coming onto the court for the game. I thought that was a very classy showing of sportsmanship. Well done Pottsville.

razorsharp94

February 25, 2016, 12:48:31 pm #76 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 01:51:36 pm by razorsharp94
Boys side:

Ozark
Berryville 5:30

Pea Ridge
Pottsville 8:30

I believe that Ozark has the edge tonight against Berryville having seen both teams play.  They seem to be more athletic than Berryville and should be a better matchup for Huntsville which would be their fourth of the season if it plays out.  Pea Ridge and Pottsville should be a very good game.  Pottsville is scrappy scrappy scrappy.  I haven't saw Pea Ridge but did last season and understand what kind of good program they are.  I believe this will be a very interesting matchup.  I like Pea Ridge but not by much.

Tiger4Life2015

February 25, 2016, 12:53:21 pm #77 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:02:25 pm by Tiger4Life2015

razorsharp94

I watched them with my two eyes play a very tough man to man versus Huntsville.  That being said I haven't saw much of them so who knows?

StevenGlen

Quote from: razorsharp94 on February 25, 2016, 12:48:31 pm
Boys side:

Ozark
Berryville 5:30

Pea Ridge
Pottsville 7:00

My bracket has the Pea Ridge against Pottsville game set for 8:30, have I missed something?

Ozark Hog

Razorsharp94, in my earlier post, I did not mean that because of coach Fraud action on the side that he was not a good coach, I am sure he is and probably a nice man away from the game. However if you watched the Huntsville boy coach you saw someone who had his team prepared for the game and did not have to shout at them the whole game. If you do homework on the team your are playing your player should know who the scores are and what defense would be best to play against them.
As for his record against Star City, what happened last year or year before has no bearing on this season. I have watched both teams play this year and if the big  girl for Star City does not get into foul trouble, they will win. Pg has no one on their team that can match her in the post, if  their 3 pointers are not falling it will be a long night for them. They should not feel to good about what they did against the PR team, #12 was the only player they had that could score, the other ones you did not have to worry about. If you would check PR record you will see that they have been mercy ruled many times in the season.

razorsharp94

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 25, 2016, 01:27:41 pm
My bracket has the Pea Ridge against Pottsville game set for 8:30, have I missed something?

Mistake.  Fixed it.

StevenGlen

Quote from: razorsharp94 on February 25, 2016, 01:51:50 pm
Mistake.  Fixed it.

Not being critical, I figured that my mind was off in left field.  Best wishes!

razorsharp94

February 25, 2016, 01:59:12 pm #83 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:06:09 pm by razorsharp94
Quote from: Ozark Hog on February 25, 2016, 01:34:26 pm
Razorsharp94, in my earlier post, I did not mean that because of coach Fraud action on the side that he was not a good coach, I am sure he is and probably a nice man away from the game. However if you watched the Huntsville boy coach you saw someone who had his team prepared for the game and did not have to shout at them the whole game. If you do homework on the team your are playing your player should know who the scores are and what defense would be best to play against them.
As for his record against Star City, what happened last year or year before has no bearing on this season. I have watched both teams play this year and if the big  girl for Star City does not get into foul trouble, they will win. Pg has no one on their team that can match her in the post, if  their 3 pointers are not falling it will be a long night for them. They should not feel to good about what they did against the PR team, #12 was the only player they had that could score, the other ones you did not have to worry about. If you would check PR record you will see that they have been mercy ruled many times in the season.

I have connections with lots of different places for different reasons so I am privy to the Star City-Prairie Grove matchups.  One thing that I will say about these matchups is that Star City has been the favorite every time they have played.  In the 2009 finals SC had the better team but PG won.  In the 2010 semis Star City had the best team in the state that year and had a 21-7 lead at the end of the first quarter but were unable to hold the lead.  They ended up losing.  Star City won the 2011 championship but guess who they didn't have to play?  All I am saying is this about PG and their coach is he always has a plan and they have a great defensive game plan which is what their team is predicated on.  I watched him beat Huntsville last season twice--once in the district finals.  Who was the better team overall?  Huntsville.  Who won 2 out of 3? Prairie Grove.  I agree on his antics.  If I were living in that area I would have to think twice about having my daughter play for him.  Does he win?  Yes.  Is he one of the best, if not the best coach in 4A?  I would have to say yes.  I'd go as far to say for what he does with the talent they have he's one of the best in the state.  He comes from the Clay Reeves, Greenwood Lady Bulldogs, line of coaches.

razorsharp94

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 25, 2016, 01:56:29 pm
Not being critical, I figured that my mind was off in left field.  Best wishes!

No biggie enjoy tonight. I wish I could be there.  I will be in Quitman tonight.

Ozark Hog

Questions, where did he coach at before? Has he ever won the championship?

Bulldog92

Quote from: razorsharp94 on February 25, 2016, 01:59:12 pm
I have connections with lots of different places for different reasons so I am privy to the Star City-Prairie Grove matchups.  One thing that I will say about these matchups is that Star City has been the favorite every time they have played.  In the 2009 finals SC had the better team but PG won.  In the 2010 semis Star City had the best team in the state that year and had a 21-7 lead at the end of the first quarter but were unable to hold the lead.  They ended up losing.  Star City won the 2011 championship but guess who they didn't have to play?  All I am saying is this about PG and their coach is he always has a plan and they have a great defensive game plan which is what their team is predicated on.  I watched him beat Huntsville last season twice--once in the district finals.  Who was the better team overall?  Huntsville.  Who won 2 out of 3? Prairie Grove.  I agree on his antics.  If I were living in that area I would have to think twice about having my daughter play for him.  Does he win?  Yes.  Is he one of the best, if not the best coach in 4A?  I would have to say yes.  I'd go as far to say for what he does with the talent they have he's one of the best in the state.  He comes from the Clay Reeves, Greenwood Lady Bulldogs, line of coaches.
Very interesting conversation!!!  I'm enjoying it, haha!!

razorsharp94

Quote from: Ozark Hog on February 25, 2016, 02:40:02 pm
Questions, where did he coach at before? Has he ever won the championship?

Coached at Hector and Greenland I think before PG.  He was somewhat toned down at Hector.  He took them to state but did not win it.

MrSmith

MrSmith

Ozark Hog

MrSmith

LRRandy

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 25, 2016, 01:27:41 pm
i cannot be there tonight to watch the game. Steve is there a way to listen  to your broadcast over the air in little rock or on the Internet?

MrSmith

MrSmith

LRRandy

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas