• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ADG Rankings

Started by Head Lion, January 05, 2016, 09:57:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Boys 1. Monticello 2. Riverview 3. Huntsville 4. Jonesboro Westside 5. Malvern 6. Ar Bapt.  Girls 1. Riverview 2. Star City 3. Prairie Grove 4. Pocahontas 5. Ozark 6. E Stem

NEA Razorback olfan

Head Lion

Bulldog92

Girls side I agree with #1 but in reallity you can probably flip a coin between 2-3-4. It's going to be an interesting year to say the least!!! 

NEA Razorback olfan

January 06, 2016, 06:04:17 am #4 Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:19:46 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Bulldog92 on January 05, 2016, 11:31:20 pm
Girls side I agree with #1 but in reallity you can probably flip a coin between 2-3-4. It's going to be an interesting year to say the least!!!

Pocahontas girls come to Brookland 1/12, I haven't got to see them play this year.
They beat Harrisburg pretty good last night.
The list looks good to me!

Bulldog92

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 06, 2016, 06:04:17 am

Pocahontas girls come to Brookland 1/12, I haven't got to see them play this year.
Should be a good game!!  Good Luck!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bulldog92 on January 06, 2016, 09:27:31 am
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 06, 2016, 06:04:17 am

Should be a good game!!  Good Luck!

Thanks Bulldog92,
The Lady Bearcats need to bring their A game for sure!!

Billie Blue

On the  boys side I am surprised that arkansas baptist is as low as they are seen on maxpreps where they have lost quite a few games early on in the year would look for them to be a contender again this year with the vanover twin towers still on the team with them making it to the semifinals last year unless they lost a lot of players off last year's team

Bulldog92

Quote from: Billie Blue on January 06, 2016, 07:57:50 pm
On the  boys side I am surprised that arkansas baptist is as low as they are seen on maxpreps where they have lost quite a few games early on in the year would look for them to be a contender again this year with the vanover twin towers still on the team with them making it to the semifinals last year unless they lost a lot of players off last year's team
Did they lose the twins that played guards for them last season?

TheOfficial

Quote from: Bulldog92 on January 06, 2016, 10:27:43 pm
Quote from: Billie Blue on January 06, 2016, 07:57:50 pm
Did they lose the twins that played guards for them last season?

No, the twin guards are still there.
The younger Vanover has really improved from last year as well.

Bulldog92

If I remember right didn't AB make it to the final four last year and get beat by MONTICELLO in a really good, close game??  They are going to be a tough team to beat with the towers and the twin guards.

Billie Blue

Quote from: Bulldog92 on January 07, 2016, 10:37:27 am
If I remember right didn't AB make it to the final four last year and get beat by MONTICELLO in a really good, close game??  They are going to be a tough team to beat with the towers and the twin guards.
Yes that's correct they lost to us in the semifinals last year and it was a close and good game until the middle of the fourth quarter when one of the big men fouled out and then we got a big lead on them if I was looking on maxpreps correctly they have been playing some out of state teams

sportsguy80

Quote from: Billie Blue on January 07, 2016, 12:01:30 pm
Quote from: Bulldog92 on January 07, 2016, 10:37:27 am
Yes that's correct they lost to us in the semifinals last year and it was a close and good game until the middle of the fourth quarter when one of the big men fouled out and then we got a big lead on them if I was looking on maxpreps correctly they have been playing some out of state teams
Yea AB will definitely be in the hunt during tournament time. They played some stiff competition in TN. Playing a tough nonconference schedule is always a plus.

Nip/Tusk

AB was very good last year. I fully expect them to contend again this year.

NEA Razorback olfan

Anyone have the new one for the 4A boys and girls?

eagle1

Boys: Monticello, Riverview, Huntsville, Jonesboro Westside, Malvern, and Baptist Prep.
Girls: Riverview, Star City, Prairie Grove, Pocahontas, eStem, and Pottsville.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: eagle1 on January 11, 2016, 11:37:30 am
Boys: Monticello, Riverview, Huntsville, Jonesboro Westside, Malvern, and Baptist Prep.
Girls: Riverview, Star City, Prairie Grove, Pocahontas, eStem, and Pottsville.

Thanks eagle1!!

StevenGlen

I've not seen many of the teams in the Boys rankings, but I believe Baptist Prep (Arkansas Baptist) has 4 players that could start on any team in any division in high school hoops. 

On the ladies side I've seen Prairie Grove, Star City, Ozark, and Pottsville.  All of those teams are good but Star City just looked a step above the others, manly due to their defense.  They just make it hard for others to score. 

Lots of hoops to be played. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Anyone have today's for boys and girls?
Thanks!!

Bulldog92

Is the 2-4A playing basketball this season??  Haven't heard anything from any of them this season.

NEA Razorback olfan

Can Anyone put up today's Rankings for the 4A Boys and Girls?

LRRandy

From today's paper.

Boys

1. Monticello
2. Baptist Prep
3. Huntsville
4. Malvern
5. Helena-west Helena
6. Riverview

Girls

1. Riverview
2. Star City
3. Prairie Grove
4. Estem
5. Pocahontas
6. Pottsville

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: LRRandy on January 24, 2016, 12:57:36 pm
From today's paper.

Boys

1. Monticello
2. Baptist Prep
3. Huntsville
4. Malvern
5. Helena-west Helena
6. Riverview

Girls

1. Riverview
2. Star City
3. Prairie Grove
4. Estem
5. Pocahontas
6. Pottsville

Thank you sir!!

lsoprano

Just curious how does Riverview boys keep losing each week and remain In the rankings

razorsharp94

Huntsville boys got handled by Pea Ridge at their place.  I think Huntsville is a good team but not sure they should be #3 right now.

Ole Legend

Quote from: razorsharp94 on January 25, 2016, 01:01:35 pm
Huntsville boys got handled by Pea Ridge at their place.  I think Huntsville is a good team but not sure they should be #3 right now.

I agree. Prairie Grove lost to Lincoln, and Huntsville only be PG by 6. I think Huntsville is a little overrated.

pridgehog

Rankings are fun but don't mean much. Pea Ridge has won 11 straight, we lost our games before the Football boys had any time to get back in shape. Monticello and Baptist would have to be the favorites at this point but Malvern having the best player in 4A in Andre Jones combined with the fact that they are going to host State gives them a huge shot in the arm towards winning it all...  Or at least being at Hot Springs for the title game... Riverview is tough and have played a very tough schedule as well... I feel like the 4A this year is tough 1 thru about 10.

pridgehog

Quote from: Ole Legend on January 25, 2016, 03:46:18 pm

I agree. Prairie Grove lost to Lincoln, and Huntsville only be PG by 6. I think Huntsville is a little overrated.
Huntsville has beaten Farmington twice, got cheated to lose against Siloam and also beat Ozark twice. I think Huntsville is top 5, I am sure when they come to the Ridge, we will get their best shot...

WattsOzark

Huntsville is 2-1 against Ozark.  Admittedly, they shot very poorly in the loss to Ozark, but it is still a loss.

LRRandy

Quote from: WattsOzark on January 25, 2016, 09:44:18 pm
Huntsville is 2-1 against Ozark.  Admittedly, they shot very poorly in the loss to Ozark, but it is still a loss.
how have they played 3 times as non conference opponents?

WattsOzark

2 Tournaments, and 1 scheduled non-conference game.

LRRandy

Quote from: WattsOzark on January 25, 2016, 09:59:29 pm
2 Tournaments, and 1 scheduled non-conference game.
got it. It just seemed odd. Almost too familiar for a team that you could face in the regional tournament.

WattsOzark

I agree, but it's just the way it happened.

NEA Razorback olfan

Anyone have todays for 4a boys and girls?

eagle1

Boys:
Monticello
Helena-West Helena
Huntsville
Malvern
Baptist Prep
Riverview

Girls:
Riverview
Star City
Prairie Grove
eStem
Pocahontas
Pottsville

NEA Razorback olfan

tacomeat

Riverview girls win at Estem tonight by 13.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: tacomeat on February 02, 2016, 08:06:49 pm

Heard it was a 1 pt game at halftime?

tacomeat

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 02, 2016, 08:16:15 pm
Quote from: tacomeat on February 02, 2016, 08:06:49 pm

Heard it was a 1 pt game at halftime?

It was close the whole game until the last 3 minutes. Estem got a little fatigued and started missing shots and making turnovers.

lsoprano

Well riverview loses for the 3rd time while in the ADG rankings.  That makes 6 total losses.  Wonder if they will still be in there after Sunday

westhelena1

Do you have a score for the The Riverview vs eStem boys game?

lsoprano

Tarheel

Riverview got the bad end of that game all night long. Score keeper was putting fouls on wrong players for estem and the book keeper gave estem boys extra timeout in last seconds.  Refs missed a clear open court foul with 5 seconds left that shouldve sent game to OT .horrible officiated game.

WPWells

WPWells

Naw, just pointing out that crying about getting cheated doesn't help anything or really endear anyone to you

TheOfficial

Quote from: Fred Bird on February 04, 2016, 09:24:41 pm
Naw, just pointing out that crying about getting cheated doesn't help anything or really endear anyone to you

Couldn't agree more.

Tarheel

Was just stating the facts. 

the realist

I have got to say playing at ESTES is a tough task. Officiating there can be 1 sided but with that being said, a team has to know that going in and find a way to put a complete game together. If you only come up short a point or 2 then you need to look back at the costly turnovers, missed layups, or even freethrows. Loosing a 2 point game is tough but you can not leave it in an officials hands.

pridgehog

Quote from: the realist on February 05, 2016, 11:53:18 am
I have got to say playing at ESTES is a tough task. Officiating there can be 1 sided but with that being said, a team has to know that going in and find a way to put a complete game together. If you only come up short a point or 2 then you need to look back at the costly turnovers, missed layups, or even freethrows. Loosing a 2 point game is tough but you can not leave it in an officials hands.
Mistakes happen, All I ever ask is for kids not get cheated. You can usually tell if Calls are just missed or if Refs are out to get a team... Sadly, it happens...

NEA Razorback olfan

Can anyone post today's  4a boys and girls rankings ?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas