• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Girls top 10

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, December 12, 2015, 08:54:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

December 12, 2015, 08:54:11 pm Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:55:56 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Now that season is well underway ,What is your top 10 ?

1 Riverview
2 Prairie Grove
3 Star City
4 Ozark
5 Huntsville
6 Pottsville
7 Gentry
8 CAC
9 Pocahontas
10 Clinton

Bulldog92

Agree with top two.  Do think SC is top five just haven't seen enough northern teams play to be able to give a top ten. Have seen Pottsville and not sure they should be that high they might get there later in season but not now.  Will get a look at a few more teams during the Heber Tourny after Christmas.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 12, 2015, 09:22:53 pm #2 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 09:24:41 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
I watched the SC and Pottsville game on their web sight , SC looked really good.
Records and Match ups is all I have to go by from teams I don't get to see or watch online.

Maybe some of these teams can give their records an impressive wins!!
All updates and comments are welcomed!!!

Bulldog92

I was out of town for that game but got to watch it on Pottsville's live stream. Thank you to their school for providing that service and great job to those that commentated the game!! 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bulldog92 on December 12, 2015, 09:32:55 pm
I was out of town for that game but got to watch it on Pottsville's live stream. Thank you to their school for providing that service and great job to those that commentated the game!!

I agree , Classy commentators , root for their Apache teams but are very complimentary of the opposition. them any PG does a great job !!

Ozark Hog

I have not watched Riverview play this year, know they will be tough. I've seen Prairie Grove and Star City both teams are good and should go deep in the state tournament. Ozark is going to be good this year, but for sure they are going to miss the scorer from last year. Huntsville is always good, not sure about  the other teams. I know some of them have new coaches this year, have wait and see how that goes.

NEA Razorback olfan

January 13, 2016, 10:59:34 pm #6 Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 11:10:28 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Now that we are almost halfway through the conference schedule
What is your top 10

1 Riverview
2 Star City
3 prairie Grove
4 E Stem
5 Pottsville
6 Huntsville
7 Nashville
8 Ozark
9 Pocahontas
10 CAC

Honor m.... Heber, Brookland, Hamburg
I'm sure there also some more teams out there I haven't seen play , this just going off records and teams I've watched online. Everyone's input is welcomed

Bulldog92

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 13, 2016, 10:59:34 pm
What is your top 10

1 Riverview
2 Star City
3 prairie Grove
4 E Stem
5 Pottsville
6 Huntsville
7 Nashville
8 Ozark
9 Pocahontas
10 CAC

I'm sure there also some more teams out there I haven't seen play , this just going off records and teams I've watched online. Everyone's input is welcomed
Definitely going to an interesting topic. 1-3 seem to be handling their business up to this point. Heber has already beaten #4 & #10. Brookland has beaten Pokey, I'm thinking your holding out on us NEA,😀!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bulldog92 on January 14, 2016, 10:44:08 am
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 13, 2016, 10:59:34 pm
What is your top 10

1 Riverview
2 Star City
3 prairie Grove
4 E Stem
5 Pottsville
6 Huntsville
7 Nashville
8 Ozark
9 Pocahontas
10 CAC

Definitely going to an interesting topic. 1-3 seem to be handling their business up to this point. Heber has already beaten #4 & #10. Brookland has beaten Pokey, I'm thinking your holding out on us NEA,😀!!

Bd92,
I appreciate everyone's input, some of these teams I haven't seen play, Heber sounds like they definitely belong in the top 10.
I believe the top 3 will make a strong push at State
Brookland seems to be getting better , Had a tough non conference schedule to start off with,  Har-Ber, Jonesboro, ,Nettleton,  Mt. Home.....to get ready for Comference.
Pocahontas is very tough, going to be another battle 2/4 at Their place.

Tarheel

Riverview will be a tough out. They have beat Cabot,Bryant, and Beebe. I really don't see anyone beating them this year.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Tarheel on January 15, 2016, 10:07:53 pm
Riverview will be a tough out. They have beat Cabot,Bryant, and Beebe. I really don't see anyone beating them this year.

I agree they are tough,  I believe them and Star City could meet up at State

Nip/Tusk

If pg hits 3s they can beat anyone. Their defense keeps them in games.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Josh Louin on January 15, 2016, 10:25:31 pm
If pg hits 3s they can beat anyone. Their defense keeps them in games.

PG is really tough on D, and they can really shoot it, they will be a tough out at state!!
Very well coached!!

Ozark Hog

Riverview is going to be hard to beat have not seen play this year but they brought  most of last year players back.
Star city is good, but if the big girl gets in foul trouble, they will have tough time playing without her, I have watched them this year not much on bench.
I have seen PG a very good team that plays hard and could beat anyone on given night. Their coach needs tone it down a bit, get a little out control sometime.
Esteem will be a tough out if they are on top of their game.
Pottsville, is good young team I think they start 3 sophomores and are probably  a year away from being a contender for a title. Watched them play at Ozark, couldn't figure out what kind of offense the coach was trying to run. Seem like his team is made for a fast tempo and he want to try and pass to the post every play.
Huntsville, what can you say about them, they field a good team every year and have won it all several time. You never want to count them out. They seem to always play smart and are well coached.
Ozark Almost beat Pottsville without one of their best player, Ladd  girl had an leg injury and did not play, Pottsville slowed the ball down instead of trying to run a fast pace tempo, Pottsville had a stronger bench and should have worn the Ozark girl down they had no bench to speak of. Guess the coach doesn't believe in up tempo offense.
Pocahontas have not seen play do not know how they would match up against the other teams.
CAC I watch them , they have one really good player but if you can slow her down and force the other player to beat you, then I do not think they could beat the teams list above them.
Sure this list will change as the season goes on, always going to be a lot of upsets all the way. That's what make the game fun to watch, never know who going to have a good night, while the other team could not throw it in the ocean! :)

NEA Razorback olfan

January 16, 2016, 01:36:17 pm #14 Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 01:41:25 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Thanks for the input Ozark Hog, Is the Ladd girl out for season?
I watched the Pottsville Ozark game online, both teams looked good. Pottsville saggy 1-3-1 match up seemed to fustrate Ozark causing some of unforced turnovers. Pretty evenly matched teams.
We played Riverview in Finals of Regionals last year. They will be extreamly tough!!
Star City is tops in their conference and had an impressive win at Pottsville early in season,
C Williams is CAC
Pocahontas has decent size all the way around and very physical , A Ellis is their floor leader
PG is always at State, Brookland has faced them the last 3 years,  one of the best defensive team in the 4A plus shooters at every position !!

Ozark Hog

Not sure when Ladd will be back, without her they are a average team, with not much on the bench. The coach is doing a good job with what he has left. 

Ozark Hog

We have a list of the top teams in 4A. I would like to know who you think are the top 10 girl coaches in 4A classification. Also top 10 basketball gyms in that division.

WattsOzark

Quote from: Ozark Hog on January 16, 2016, 05:28:34 pm
Not sure when Ladd will be back, without her they are a average team, with not much on the bench. The coach is doing a good job with what he has left.

Next season.

Bulldog92

Quote from: Ozark Hog on January 16, 2016, 05:37:49 pm
We have a list of the top teams in 4A. I would like to know who you think are the top 10 girl coaches in 4A classification. Also top 10 basketball gyms in that division.
This might need to have its on thread, could get interesting!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas