• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shiloh Christian

Started by KingOfNothing, December 05, 2015, 08:27:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KingOfNothing

Shiloh is competitive every year in all sports except basketball. Can anyone provide any insight into what is going on at Shiloh regarding the basketball programs?

Ole Legend

Since 2013, they have been on a downhill slide. I don't know if it was a lack of coaching, or a lack of talent...

TheOfficial

Quote from: Ole Legend on December 05, 2015, 09:35:34 pm
Since 2013, they have been on a downhill slide. I don't know if it was a lack of coaching, or a lack of talent...

State made it harder for private schools to recruit.  You see what happened to Fay Christian!

TIGER101

NOBODY IN THAT SCHOOL CARES ABOUT BASKETBALL, ONLY FOOTBALL

KingOfNothing

Well, I'm not sure either whether it is a lack of talent or lack of coaching, but something seems to be amiss. I do love how any conversation about Shiloh somebody always has to bring up recruiting. As I said they are competitive in everything else, so either the basketball coaches are terrible recruiting or it isn't going on at all and they are still competitive. And let's be honest here... "Recruiting" goes on at most public schools in the state. The private schools are probably the least guilty of it now that the State makes kids sit out a year for transferring in.

NEA Razorback olfan

Unless you have a good middle school 4th-6th program, and learn the fundimentals of the game, your not going to have a very solid program. Can't expect more out of than you put in it.

scoutteamshoota

They had a great coach that would have turned that thing around that wanted the job next year but was not going to leave his current school to take it  since school had already started but they got in a hurry.   

LION Dad

Quote from: KingOfNothing on December 06, 2015, 11:42:18 pm
Well, I'm not sure either whether it is a lack of talent or lack of coaching, but something seems to be amiss. I do love how any conversation about Shiloh somebody always has to bring up recruiting. As I said they are competitive in everything else, so either the basketball coaches are terrible recruiting or it isn't going on at all and they are still competitive. And let's be honest here... "Recruiting" goes on at most public schools in the state. The private schools are probably the least guilty of it now that the State makes kids sit out a year for transferring in.
I would disagree you guys got a kid from Gravette this past year, and the only reason he was on the radar was from a 8th grade game in football he ran all over ya'll and he plays all sports is and will be a great player

KingOfNothing

Well, I am not aware of the details of the situation you're talking about, but I would caution myself against blowing the "recruiting" whistle if I were you. I mean, why can't a kid just decide to go to a Christian school without him/her being recruiting? From my understanding, the kid was actually home-schooled prior to transferring. He simply played sports through Gravette. Maybe the family actually cares about a Christian education... I guarantee you if a kid moved in to Gravette, I wouldn't hear you complaining or trying to find out if a parent or coach recruited them... Kids transfer in to schools in this area all the time from other schools and nobody calls it recruiting. I know of situations in several schools where it has happened. Malik Monk moved in to Bentonville. Several good basketball players have moved in to Springdale Har-Ber. A great young female basketball player moved from Fayetteville to Lincoln this year. Kids go to Greenwood from Fort Smith schools every year. People don't seem to want to talk about all that but if SC gets a move-in, they must have recruited them. I have no dog in the fight as I am nothing more than an outside observer and a lover of high school sports. I just don't understand all of the hatred directed towards SC, especially when it seems like such hypocrisy.

LION Dad

The hate comes from a long history of bs that ended up with a long string of state rings and the whole mission statement that is played before every home game of sportsmanship when they are one of the most penalized teams for unsportsmanlike conduct, they are one of the most foul mouthed kids in all of 4a, Frazier was from west fork, Harvil from Cassville Mo those are just the ones that stick out in my mind, ive read a letter that was sent to an athlete a few years back that was sent to him talking about coming to school over there and all the opportunitys he would have by attending there school and playing athletics another instance was an alumni talking to a parent of an athlete and putting pressure on them to send there child there and that they would get a deal on the tuition so you can call it what you want but its recruiting. The good thing is the fact that the AAA has slowed this down by the new rules and its evident that josh seen the writing on the wall and went where he did shiloh will never be the power they where and will more than likely never win another state championship in football again

HorseFeathers

Quote from: KingOfNothing on December 22, 2015, 07:27:20 pm
Well, I am not aware of the details of the situation you're talking about, but I would caution myself against blowing the "recruiting" whistle if I were you. I mean, why can't a kid just decide to go to a Christian school without him/her being recruiting? From my understanding, the kid was actually home-schooled prior to transferring. He simply played sports through Gravette. Maybe the family actually cares about a Christian education... I guarantee you if a kid moved in to Gravette, I wouldn't hear you complaining or trying to find out if a parent or coach recruited them... Kids transfer in to schools in this area all the time from other schools and nobody calls it recruiting. I know of situations in several schools where it has happened. Malik Monk moved in to Bentonville. Several good basketball players have moved in to Springdale Har-Ber. A great young female basketball player moved from Fayetteville to Lincoln this year. Kids go to Greenwood from Fort Smith schools every year. People don't seem to want to talk about all that but if SC gets a move-in, they must have recruited them. I have no dog in the fight as I am nothing more than an outside observer and a lover of high school sports. I just don't understand all of the hatred directed towards SC, especially when it seems like such hypocrisy.

Umm...there were more than one thread, locked/deleted about Malik monk on this forum...I remember one or two about har-ber and their "moveins" as well....its not limited to private schools most admit that...

KingOfNothing

Sounds to me like you need to move on and get over the past... Especially if you're still upset over the Frazier and Harvil days. Holding onto all of that old bitterness and animosity won't do anything to SC, especially when all you can do about it is hijack a harmless forum on FearlessFriday and badmouth them behind a computer screen.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: KingOfNothing on December 27, 2015, 09:57:03 pm
Sounds to me like you need to move on and get over the past... Especially if you're still upset over the Frazier and Harvil days. Holding onto all of that old bitterness and animosity won't do anything to SC, especially when all you can do about it is hijack a harmless forum on FearlessFriday and badmouth them behind a computer screen.

You asked a loaded question, just expect flak on this topic.

LION Dad

You are correct this is a forum so we can talk about what ever we want can't we, I gave my opinion and I stated some facts so I'm sorry if I've upset you in any way but the facts are the facts and that's not my opinion.  And I'm sure I'm not the only one that has this opinion. 

WPWells

Personally I don't mind Shiloh. I made friends with a couple guys up there and enjoy going to their games. However, I won't sit back and claim they don't recruit either

Stealthfan

I have a close friend whose son plays JH at Shiloh and knows that kid was not recruited.  His family expanded their business to Springdale and wanted the kids close to where they work.  They were disappointed to learn the older son couldn't play sports his senior year if he transferred to Shiloh from Gravette because he was no longer home schooled due to AAA rules.  He is a good athlete and chose to stay his last year at Gravette so he could continue to play varsity sports.  Their younger sister is going to Shiloh and is apparently a good athlete as well. 

I've seen the JH kid play and understand why recruiting may be suspected.  The kid is exceptional to say the least.  I immediately became an instant fan. 

From my information from a reputable inside source, I have no reason to believe there was any recruiting whatsoever.  This is obviously just a close-knit family making decisions on their children's educations.  I thought I should take the opportunity to clear this up.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas