• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-4 Boys Basketball

Started by kennyboy, September 18, 2015, 09:50:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CTownJacket212

Quote from: Bildo on December 15, 2015, 10:53:29 am
Nothing was directed at the kids on the floor. The fact is, this was done with two different players, not just one. It was done for #11 first, then the next kid was sent out to try it. The thought is, how many times are you gonna try it and with how many players. The season is young. Have a conversation with a coach in your conference and get him (or them) a dunk at home, where it could be special for him. The way it was handled was wrong from the start. It looked as if they were showboating, plain and simple. If you don't want this to be interpreted this way, have that conversation with the people that are involved. Clintons folks are upset because they are being accused, Carlisle folks are upset because they were being "shown up " by a team two classifications larger in a 30+ point game.
The fans from Carlisle were actually yelling at the second kid, Clinton was doing nothing wrong.  Carlisle would not enjoy playing Guy Perkins if they had a problem with Clinton.  Hutchcraft puts two people on the opposite ends and plays 5 on 3 on defense the entire game, but I guess its only a problem when Clinton does it? They only won by 29, not 30+.  A coach should never stop playing his game, no matter the score. Clinton ran the floor on them all game. The only way to keep a lead is to keep playing the way you have been, plain and simple.

CTownJacket212

I am informed, I was at the game.  Try watching the game next time.

Bildo

That's my point! YOU DIDNT PLAY THIS WAY THE ENTIRE GAME, only when you got up by 30+! Geez. The integrity of the game is to play it the same from beginning to end, no matter the score. Thanks for proving my point of you mocking my quote.

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: CTownJacket212 on December 15, 2015, 10:43:43 am
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on December 15, 2015, 01:44:46 am
Fans voicing there displeasure to the coach for being an idiot and trying to embarrass kids is not being "butts".  Kids should have better examples set for them.   You are right about that. And if Clinton condones that from their coach, well....
Fans from Carlisle were not "voicing opinions to Clinton Coach" they were yelling at the big man on the FLOOR, a TEENAGE BOY, to get back and play defense.  You do not set an example for your kids by embarrassing them.  Honestly, the game was out of reach and yes Carlisle was showing their butts by yelling at Clinton kids and their coach.  The play was not clean either, he tackled the kid out of mid air.  It was a flagrant foul and the officials made the right decision by tossing him and his parent.  Sorry, but those are the facts buddy.  I am done arguing because I know that I am right.  Keep feeding everyone the lies if you want, but that is your decision. ;)
I'm not your buddy.  And those aren't the facts.  wasn't flagrant plain and simple.  I am done arguing because I know you are wrong, and you are too busy defended your coach and his pathetic actions. 

WPWells

Is there film anywhere? I'm unbiased

Bildo

I know that Carlisle did not film it

BrianfromCarlisle

I don't remember seeing a camera anywhere.  Not to say there wasn't.  Just don't recall seeing one

MO3Positive

I was told the ref ejected the kid for the foul committed on the Clinton player. Honestly that would suggest it was a pretty intentional if it was bad enough for an ejection. I've never saw anyone ejected before for just a typical hard foul.

BrianfromCarlisle

No, he was given a flagrant.  Then he gave him a technical for a reason that the Carlisle coach is still unaware of.  There was no explanation given for the phantom technical that caused the ejection.  The blocked shot/flagrant foul was just a flagrant foul.  Everyone that left Clinton's bench should've been ejected.  But they weren't.  that's the rule.  The official didn't handle the situation properly at all.

The boy that blocked the shot, which is being called a flagrant foul, was trying to walk back toward his bench and his path was blocked by a bunch of Clinton players. 

Basketball13

I'm unbiased, but doesn't a flagrant come with an ejection in HS basketball?

RTF

I am honestly not a fan of either school and have no idea what happened but it sounds like it boils down to this.. Clinton smacked Carlisle in the mouth and Carlisle tried too (literally)...In the end its just a game who cares....

TheOfficial

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on December 15, 2015, 01:25:09 pm
No, he was given a flagrant.  Then he gave him a technical for a reason that the Carlisle coach is still unaware of.  There was no explanation given for the phantom technical that caused the ejection.  The blocked shot/flagrant foul was just a flagrant foul.  Everyone that left Clinton's bench should've been ejected.  But they weren't.  that's the rule.  The official didn't handle the situation properly at all.

The boy that blocked the shot, which is being called a flagrant foul, was trying to walk back toward his bench and his path was blocked by a bunch of Clinton players.

A flagrant foul for contact is an automatic ejection.  No other technical needed.  Read up on the rules before commenting on them.

BrianfromCarlisle

December 16, 2015, 06:03:32 am #62 Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 06:09:09 am by BrianfromCarlisle
Quote from: TheOfficial on December 15, 2015, 11:01:10 pm

A flagrant foul for contact is an automatic ejection.  No other technical needed.  Read up on the rules before commenting on them.
Yes sir!  Thank you sir!  Sorry sir! Even though a Flagrant TECHNICAL foul is immediate ejection. Which happens during dead ball. And Flagrant PERSONAL foul is 2 shots and the ball.  Thats what the call was. That's because I can read. Lol
Good effort

Basketball13

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on December 16, 2015, 06:03:32 am

Yes sir!  Thank you sir!  Sorry sir! Even though a Flagrant TECHNICAL foul is immediate ejection. Which happens during dead ball. And Flagrant PERSONAL foul is 2 shots and the ball.  Thats what the call was. That's because I can read. Lol
Good effort

Not at the high school level, right?

A FLAGRANT foul has an ejection that comes with it for violent or excessive contact that could injure a player.

An INTENTIONAL foul is just a hard foul that doesn't constitute an ejection.

^^Is that wrong?

TheOfficial

Good effort

Again you are incorrect.  Any foul deemed flagrant is a technical and automatic ejection.  Has nothing to do with live or dead ball.

TheOfficial

Quote from: Basketball13 on December 16, 2015, 10:03:58 am

Good effort

Not at the high school level, right?

A FLAGRANT foul has an ejection that comes with it for violent or excessive contact that could injure a player.

An INTENTIONAL foul is just a hard foul that doesn't constitute an ejection.

^^Is that wrong?

You are correct

BrianfromCarlisle

December 16, 2015, 10:27:30 am #66 Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 10:53:20 am by BrianfromCarlisle
  not like it matters anyway

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on December 16, 2015, 10:27:30 am
not like it matters anyway.  It was called even though it was simply a blocked shot.  They anticipated a hard foul because they knew the situation was bad to begin with.  I saw the rule written with a flagrant personal and flagrant technical as 2 options.  Doesn't matter. It was called.  It's over.

Basketball13

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on December 16, 2015, 10:27:30 am
  not like it matters anyway

Was just trying to make sure I had the correct procedures for the situations.

3 Dollar

Any results from the Dardanelle/Clinton game on Friday (12/18)?

The Coach

Quote from: 3 Dollar on December 20, 2015, 07:05:32 am
Any results from the Dardanelle/Clinton game on Friday (12/18)?

Dardanelle won easily

Nip/Tusk

The real question: did Clinton get any dunks?

yellowjackets4

Quote from: Josh Louin on December 21, 2015, 09:11:15 am
The real question is did Carlisle make it to the 4th quarter against Hazen?

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: yellowjackets4 on December 21, 2015, 10:14:37 am
The real question is did Carlisle make it to the 4th quarter against Hazen?
Sure did!  And no one tried to show anyone up.  It was amazing!  LOL 

The Coach

They could barely score. Only had 2 pts at the end of the 1st and that came at the buzzer.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: The Coach on December 21, 2015, 05:05:56 pm

They could barely score. Only had 2 pts at the end of the 1st and that came at the buzzer.

Well at least Clinton has their dunk game plan down when blowing teams out. And that's the main thing for a young coach to establish.

Proud Buckaroo

Can someone please tell me what the score of the Nashville boys vs Starks(LA) boys in the dual state today? I'm trying to update brackets on the 3A board.

thanks in advance.

Proud Buckaroo

Nevermind. I found the score. Thanks anyway.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 28, 2015, 08:28:40 pm
Can someone please tell me what the score of the Nashville boys vs Starks(LA) boys in the dual state today? I'm trying to update brackets on the 3A board.

thanks in advance.

Nashville plays in the 7-4A  :-\

kennyboy

Quote from: Bildo on December 13, 2015, 11:21:49 am
Wanted to get some thoughts from some folks out there. Here is the situation. Your boys are playing and getting beat by 30+ near the end of the third quarter. The opposing coach has a player stand around the free throw line (snowbird) and not play defense. The player is wiping the bottom of his shoes off, interacting with the crowd and the players on he bench. They get the rebound, throw it to the other end for the player to get a dunk. Once this is done, the coach chooses, a different player, the starting center, to do the same thing. This time the opposing team gets down the floor and commits a hard but clean foul. The player is called for an intentional foul. Once the free throws are shot and both sides express their displeasure, the coach again snowbirds the same player to do the same thing. Is it just me or does this seem disrespectful to the losing team?

I understand some of the angst that this may cause but I will say this .... A coach practically from the same area as Clinton does this routinely throughout the game and is one of the most successful and respected coaches in the state. Coach Hutchcraft has done this for years ... Some people say it's class-less etc ... But I'm sure it's received better from him than the young Clinton Coach.  If it's wrong .... It's wrong for everyone. Ijs

NEA Razorback olfan

January 03, 2016, 12:53:08 am #80 Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 01:09:25 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: kennyboy on January 03, 2016, 12:25:04 am
Wanted to get some thoughts from some folks out there. Here is the situation. Your boys are playing and getting beat by 30+ near the end of the third quarter. The opposing coach has a player stand around the free throw line (snowbird) and not play defense. The player is wiping the bottom of his shoes off, interacting with the crowd and the players on he bench. They get the rebound, throw it to the other end for the player to get a dunk. Once this is done, the coach chooses, a different player, the starting center, to do the same thing. This time the opposing team gets down the floor and commits a hard but clean foul. The player is called for an intentional foul. Once the free throws are shot and both sides express their displeasure, the coach again snowbirds the same player to do the same thing. Is it just me or does this seem disrespectful to the losing team?

I understand some of the angst that this may cause but I will say this .... A coach practically from the same area as Clinton does this routinely throughout the game and is one of the most successful and respected coaches in the state. Coach Hutchcraft has done this for years ... Some people say it's class-less etc ... But I'm sure it's received better from him than the young Clinton Coach.  If it's wrong .... It's wrong for everyone. Ijs

It's pretty safe to say if this kind of thing was tried at Brookland , EXPECT to get Hammered !!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: kennyboy on January 03, 2016, 12:25:04 am

To be fair...hutchcraft does is whether he's winning or losing...seen him use it to give his bigman a breather too. But he doesn't worry about defense like most coaches either...

StevenGlen

I'm getting ready to LiveStream the Robionson at Pottsville game tonight.  Looking at MaxPreps, T.J. Hammonds is on the basketball roster, but often these rosters are done preseason.  Can someone tell me if he actually plays for the basketball team? 

dodger

He started and played versus Dardanelle before Christmas.

NEA Razorback olfan

January 05, 2016, 04:36:27 pm #84 Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:46:54 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: StevenGlen on January 05, 2016, 03:35:45 pm
I'm getting ready to LiveStream the Robionson at Pottsville game tonight.  Looking at MaxPreps, T.J. Hammonds is on the basketball roster, but often these rosters are done preseason.  Can someone tell me if he actually plays for the basketball team?

Just wanted to say y'all do a great job, I really enjoying seeing some of the talent on the other side of the state!!
Thanks!!

LRRandy

Baptist Prep beats Clinton
66-52

NEA Razorback olfan

BrianfromCarlisle

LRRandy

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 05, 2016, 09:14:22 pm
Quote from: LRRandy on January 05, 2016, 08:35:40 pm
66-52

Clinton work on their Dunks???
no, but Connor Vanover had 3. Clinton did run an alley oop play that would have been successful with a good pass. Their kid that jumps well got behind our zone and would have dunked with a good pass. The game was only as close as it was because Clinton hit 3-4 3's in the final couple minutes.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: LRRandy on January 05, 2016, 10:13:47 pm
66-52

no, but Connor Vanover had 3. Clinton did run an alley oop play that would have been successful with a good pass. Their kid that jumps well got behind our zone and would have dunked with a good pass. The game was only as close as it was because Clinton hit 3-4 3's in the final couple minutes.

Sounds like it works better for them if it's a snowbird with no defense on the other end

BrianfromCarlisle

LRRandy

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 05, 2016, 10:18:47 pm
Quote from: LRRandy on January 05, 2016, 10:13:47 pm
66-52

Sounds like it works better for them if it's a snowbird with no defense on the other end
i had totally forgotten the controversy surrounding snow birding by Clinton. They didn't show that tonight.

Jacketman65

My gosh Brian. let it go, you are just a 2-A school trying to play up - most of the time that doesn't work out very well.  From what I have seen, wait until you play England!  I saw where they curb stomped Stuttgart in a tournament over Christmas!  Either they are pretty good or Stuttgart is still really bad.  Being from that area, which is it?

WPWells

Obviously Clinton isn't that good either, joke

Nip/Tusk

I think Brian should actually contact the Clinton coach, rather than running him down here.

I'm sure his email/phone # is readily available.

NEA Razorback olfan

Sounds like Clinton coach needs to work on Defense

BrianfromCarlisle

I just responded to what someone else said. And you want ME to let it go?  LOL. And I've seen both teams play Jacketman. Stuttgart has a good team, just young. They didn't get curb stomped either. Close game throughout til the end.

BrianfromCarlisle

And Josh, how did I just run the coach down with my comment?  I'm not the one keeping it going. I'm pretty sure he's figured out what he did was wrong. 

StevenGlen

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 05, 2016, 04:36:27 pm
Quote from: StevenGlen on January 05, 2016, 03:35:45 pm

Just wanted to say y'all do a great job, I really enjoying seeing some of the talent on the other side of the state!!
Thanks!!

Thank you, and I appreciate the kind words.  Great fans of the sport make broadcasting or streaming games worth the time and energy. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas