• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early 4a-1 Predictions

Started by pgtiger0429, April 16, 2015, 10:56:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pgtiger0429

Predictions and players to watch for the 2015-2016 4a-1 season boys

pgtiger0429

April 16, 2015, 11:14:11 am #1 Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:38:15 am by pgtiger0429
1.Huntsville- Will have the best player in the league. You know they will be well coached and shoot the ball at a high level.
2.Pea Ridge- Great outside shooting. Have a player who might by the second best in the league. Also a great junior high team last year.
3.PG-If the big boy plays he will be a force inside with the league being small next year. 3 returning starters coming back with a good junior high team.
4.Gravette-Best player in the junior high coming up. Also has great size.
5.Shiloh-Great size at all positions. Good junior high team moving up. 
6.Berryville- Have best two players coming back. It will be a two man show in berryville again next year
7.Gentry-Don't have much but will be better then Lincoln
8.Lincoln- Loss everything and they have nothing coming up. Ask berryville how that works out.

beach bum

April 16, 2015, 10:04:43 pm #2 Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:14:03 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Feral Man on April 16, 2015, 08:12:12 pm
Gentry will either win the league or be second. Having them towards the bottom is the dumbest thing I've ever seen and proves you don't know much....

Coming from someone who has a karma of +1/-17 as I type this shows people don't take your opinion too seriously either.... Since 2007 Gentry has by far the worst record since then. What makes you think Gentry will all of a sudden be better than say Pea Ridge which was super young and won games on the court unlike Gentry. Enlighten us on how Gentry surpasses Pea Ridge.

always88

Gentry has no inside player and barely enough guards to have a "starting 5", combined with a coach that seems determined to take steps back each year, It will be interesting to see how this helps them finish at the top of the conference! ::)

Tigerdad2

The big boy, as people call him, is not playing basketball next year. By next year he will be thinking about his football career and not play basketball.
Also, for several reasons Gentry will be last in the league. The whole gentry school system needs a lot of changes for them to be successful in sports.

beach bum

Quote from: pgtiger0429 on April 16, 2015, 11:14:11 am
1.Huntsville- Will have the best player in the league. You know they will be well coached and shoot the ball at a high level.
2.Pea Ridge- Great outside shooting. Have a player who might by the second best in the league. Also a great junior high team last year.
3.PG-If the big boy plays he will be a force inside with the league being small next year. 3 returning starters coming back with a good junior high team.
6.Berryville- Have best two players coming back. It will be a two man show in berryville again next year
8.Lincoln- Loss everything and they have nothing coming up. Ask berryville how that works out.

From what I saw of this last season the league does not have very much size at all outside of PG's lone post player. Huntsville main post guy wasn't even tall. I honestly think that is why the league is down when you have no post players to combat the superior guard play around the rest of the state. My junior and senior year PG's post player would have had a much harder time.... Shiloh, PG, Pea Ridge, and Gentry all had a ton of size.

TIGER101

Quote from: beach bum on April 17, 2015, 12:11:20 pm

From what I saw of this last season the league does not have very much size at all outside of PG's lone post player. Huntsville main post guy wasn't even tall. I honestly think that is why the league is down when you have no post players to combat the superior guard play around the rest of the state. My junior and senior year PG's post player would have had a much harder time.... Shiloh, PG, Pea Ridge, and Gentry all had a ton of size.

Didn't you just see what Golden State did??  Size is out, its all about the 3ball!!! ;D  LB,SUKS

Ole Legend

Basketball season is about a month away! How are all the teams around the conference looking?

beach bum

Quote from: TIGER101 on June 19, 2015, 08:36:56 am
Quote from: beach bum on April 17, 2015, 12:11:20 pm

Didn't you just see what Golden State did??  Size is out, its all about the 3ball!!! ;D  LB,SUKS

This is sadly the first time I have read this response.... taking the ole jab at Bron Bron haha

beach bum

Pea Ridge takes a step forward and wins this league... Something like 12-2 in conference if I had to guess.

Ole Legend

Quote from: Feral Man on October 20, 2015, 02:06:09 pm
Quote from: beach bum on October 20, 2015, 10:55:37 am
Pea Ridge takes a step forward and wins this league... Something like 12-2 in conference if I had to guess.
They were 12 and 2 and lost the League last year to Huntsville. Huntsville will be tough again. Offensively, Huntsville should be a very solid shooting team. I am not sure how well they will defend though. If The Big Boy plays, My prediction is Pea Ridge, Huntsville, Gentry and Prarie Grove. in that order. If he does not play, I am not sure on the 4th spot. Berryville maybe.

Huntsville won't be as good. I watched them play a few times over the summer. They are very guard heavy. If you can guard Eaton and Gossever you will be ok. Pea Ridge is gonna be a tough team to play every night. IMO the Hall kid is the best player in the conference. Church is also very good. I think there is about a month until pea ridges first game.

Nip/Tusk

Pea Ridge should win this league hands down. I figure huntsville and pg round out the top 3.

You can always lose to anyone any night though. And the huntsville pg is the best in the league probably.

Cajun Hog

1. Huntsville (best shooting team in years)
2. Pea Rdige (Will push Huntsville)
3. Gentry (Much improved)
4. Gravette (better then LY)
5. Prairie Grove (need improved Guard play)
6. Shiloh
7. Berryvile
8. Lincoln

This league used to be a beast and not anymore.

always88

Any predictions on the girls side?

TigerMan2005

I'd have to agree with the general consensus. Pea Ridge and Hunstville for the top however, Pea Ridge always finds a way to underachieve, *3 years ago when they won the league and lost first round of regionals* and last year. maybe this will be the year they make it to state. Hall will help a bunch. The league looks down this year. It's crazy how Lincoln essentially has the same roster except for of course Goldman and they go from 15-15 and a 10 point loss to baptist in regionals to being predicted last. I think they'll be at least better than berryville who even when they had a fairly good team with Carr and Big guy can never get out of the bottom.
gentry should be good aside from coaching. Huntsville will be hunstville and find a way. Also interesting to see how Shiloh boys respond to new coach
Otherwise there should be some good ball to watch

TigerMan2005

Quote from: Feral Man on October 21, 2015, 10:32:06 am
Quote from: Feral Man on October 21, 2015, 10:28:51 am
Quote from: Cajun Hog on October 20, 2015, 10:17:33 pm

6. Shiloh
7. Berryvile
8. Lincoln

Yes, Farmington leaving hurt this league.
Jake Hall from Pea Ridge was all-State last year. He will be tough to handle now as a Senior...
He's gonna be a junior i thought?

Cajun Hog

6. Shiloh
7. Berryvile
8. Lincoln

I wasn't talking about that, because Farmington and Huntsville flipped spots. You had Pea Ridge, PG, Gravette, Berryville & Farmington in a battle every night. It had teams at home that was State tournament teams.

Ole Legend

Quote from: Feral Man on October 21, 2015, 10:32:06 am

6. Shiloh
7. Berryvile
8. Lincoln

Jake Hall from Pea Ridge was all-State last year. He will be tough to handle now as a Senior...

Joey Hall was All State last year as a sophomore, he will be a junior this year. Jake Hall is his older brother that played for PR about 3 years ago.

TigerMan2005

Quote from: Cajun Hog on October 21, 2015, 10:38:29 am

6. Shiloh
7. Berryvile
8. Lincoln

I wasn't talking about that, because Farmington and Huntsville flipped spots. You had Pea Ridge, PG, Gravette, Berryville & Farmington in a battle every night. It had teams at home that was State tournament teams.
I agree if you look at the league these last couple years
Farmington: Always towards the top, Matt Thomas, Mueller, and the year before that had a stud team
Gravette: Pierce and Troutner
PG: Tice and Soehner
Lincoln: Goldman, Escareno, Hulse
Berryville: Carr and Big boy
PR: All around quality these last couple years and oh my, remember that team with the older hall kid and company? They were stacked!

Nip/Tusk

October 21, 2015, 05:58:36 pm #19 Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 06:07:40 pm by Josh Louin
That may be a stretch feral.

Ole Legend

Matt Thomas would be the best, but Matt Wilson wouldn't be in the top 3 players.

Ole Legend

October 22, 2015, 12:09:46 am #21 Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:11:59 am by Ole Legend
Quote from: Feral Man on October 21, 2015, 08:18:06 pm
Quote from: Ole Legend on October 21, 2015, 08:03:51 pm
Matt Thomas would be the best, but Matt Wilson wouldn't be in the top 3 players.
You seem think you are an expert. Whose your top 3?

Joey Hall (PR)
Gossever (Huntsville)
Eaton (Huntsville) or Church (PR)

But if Farmington was still in the league it would be the same with Matt Thomas at the top.

pridgehog

I've watched these Pea Ridge kids since they were in 3rd grade. What they lack in size they make up for in their team chemistry. Hall is one of the best shooters in the state. Church has the biggest motor on the team. Wright is gonna be the Wild card. If he can bring what he did this Summer, watch out. Cauddle at 6'2 in the middle is a matchup nightmare. This group of kids has always won and if healthy, I think they will continue to for the next two years.

Ole Legend

If the senior big guy can get healthy I think Pea Ridge will go farther than they ever have.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Feral Man on October 23, 2015, 08:18:09 pm
Quote from: pridgehog on October 23, 2015, 08:10:11 pm
I've watched these Pea Ridge kids since they were in 3rd grade. What they lack in size they make up for in their team chemistry. Hall is one of the best shooters in the state. Church has the biggest motor on the team. Wright is gonna be the Wild card. If he can bring what he did this Summer, watch out. Cauddle at 6'2 in the middle is a matchup nightmare. This group of kids has always won and if healthy, I think they will continue to for the next two years.
Also, they have some talented Sophomores and a 6'5 Senior too. If they are healthy, they will be a tough team. Need to win a Regional game this yr...

Will Beckman be back from knee issue anytime during season? 

Ole Legend

Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 01, 2015, 05:19:07 pm
Also, they have some talented Sophomores and a 6'5 Senior too. If they are healthy, they will be a tough team. Need to win a Regional game this yr...

I heard that he won't be back for the first part of the year, but he could make a come back around Christmas time.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 03, 2015, 02:04:04 pm
Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 01, 2015, 05:19:07 pm

I heard that he won't be back for the first part of the year, but he could make a come back around Christmas time.

Then I will have revise my prediction to PR to come in first and Huntsville 2nd.

pridgehog

Gentry may surprise some folks, I see them as a top 4...

always88

Quote from: pridgehog on November 09, 2015, 01:30:45 pm
Gentry may surprise some folks, I see them as a top 4...
The Gentry boys in the top 4? Surely you jest?!?!

beach bum

How many of those PG football players in total play a significant role on the basketball team? You may not see them until December and I don't imagine they are in basketball shape until mid January if that happens because of Christmas Break in there halting conference play around Christmas. That will hurt PG in a sense if they have a few.

Ole Legend

I heard that Gravette got a move in. Any word on that?

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 10, 2015, 11:08:20 pm

Trace Crawford from Rogers.

Ole Legend

Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 11, 2015, 08:53:11 am

Will he be eligible immediately? And how good is he?

PR-2011-#23

Okay Im just going to speak my mind for a bit. Im sure im going to have some who argue against me. Yes I am a Pea Ridge fan, but I also know basketball and know the conference very well because I played in it. First of all whomever is saying Gentry is going to do good. I have no clue what you are talking about. Gentry is going to have to reevaluate there athletic program if they want to be any good and compete. Its going to be between Huntsville and Pea Ridge to win the conference. I believe the Blackhawks are going to get it done this year and they will without question get it done next year with the strongest junior class in the state. These boys were taught at a young age to play the game the correct way. The Hall dad did a really good job getting them ready when they were just kids. We coached them like they were in highschool as 6th graders. They have a great coach and Pea Ridge is ready to win and they will be a powerhouse for the next 2 years.

beach bum

Quote from: PR-2011-#23 on November 11, 2015, 04:52:51 pm
Okay Im just going to speak my mind for a bit. Im sure im going to have some who argue against me. Yes I am a Pea Ridge fan, but I also know basketball and know the conference very well because I played in it. First of all whomever is saying Gentry is going to do good. I have no clue what you are talking about. Gentry is going to have to reevaluate there athletic program if they want to be any good and compete. Its going to be between Huntsville and Pea Ridge to win the conference. I believe the Blackhawks are going to get it done this year and they will without question get it done next year with the strongest junior class in the state. These boys were taught at a young age to play the game the correct way. The Hall dad did a really good job getting them ready when they were just kids. We coached them like they were in highschool as 6th graders. They have a great coach and Pea Ridge is ready to win and they will be a powerhouse for the next 2 years.

Pea Ridge is a sleeper in 4A. When you have guard play like that to handle the ball well to keep turnovers down and make three's in bunches you will be a tough out for anybody in the postseason.

Nip/Tusk

Pea Ridge will be very good this year.

Not sure their coach should be considered great yet. Isn't this just his 2nd year of high school?

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Josh Louin on November 11, 2015, 08:21:07 pm

Not sure their coach should be considered great yet. Isn't this just his 2nd year of high school?

No, it's like his 5th at PR.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 11, 2015, 10:34:44 am
Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 11, 2015, 08:53:11 am

I hear he will and he is a very smart and solid guard. He will help in ball handling part a lot.

Will he be eligible immediately? And how good is he?

Ole Legend

Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 11, 2015, 09:35:53 pm
Quote from: Josh Louin on November 11, 2015, 08:21:07 pm

No, it's like his 5th at PR.

This will be his 3rd year as the head coach, he was the assistant coach for 2 years before that. In my opinion, he is one of the best coaches in the conference.

Nip/Tusk

Yeah, I didnt think he had been a head coach for no 5 years.

Pg will be waiting on ALOT of football help. They'll get the help but may not be for another month or so.

Pg girls are gonna be loaded this year and should run through the conference and region really.

Ole Legend

Pea Ridge is also waiting on football players. They have 4-6 players that will get key minutes in basketball, but those guys will be in football for a few more weeks probably.

Ole Legend

Is the PG big guy playing? I saw a conversation on the football forum about him, and I hadn't heard anything for sure.

pridgehog

Quote from: XTIGER on November 17, 2015, 08:36:14 am
There doesnt need to be anymore questions about him playing. Dylan S. is playing basketball for sure and probably baseball as well
Very good to hear that Dylan is playing. He is the only true big man in the Conference except for maybe Berryville's big guy...

Nip/Tusk

Glad to hear he is playing hoops. They should at least get to regionals with him and the other football players. Might take them all year to get in shape though the way football is going. Haha.

I have no idea why pg is playing farmington this week in bball. They are gonna get throttled without their missing players.

OldTimeCager

Gravette 4?  How do you figure?  This group of seniors was last in the conference in Jr. High and didn't win a single conference game.  Very little help from the Jr. class.  Best group is the sophomore group that finished 4th or 5th in the conference last year.  Gravette is very young, and not very big.  Tallest starter is 6-1.  They have no size in the paint.  They will run, shoot the three and get after you on the press.  They can't defend in the paint due to lack of size.  The move in point guard from Rogers will be a difference maker though.  He looks to be a solid point guard, good head for the game, solid passer and very good shooter.  Arguably the best player on the team over Soule.  Gravette will improve as the season goes along.  Solid coaching, very young as they play a lot of sophomores who will improve as they adjust to the high school game.  A tough pre-season schedule (Rogers, McDonald County, Siloam Springs and Farmington) will season them a little.

I  would expect Gentry to be higher than most are picking.  Didn't this group of Seniors win the conference as ninth graders?

always88

Quote from: OldTimeCager on November 24, 2015, 11:12:30 am

Gravette 4?  How do you figure?  This group of seniors was last in the conference in Jr. High and didn't win a single conference game.  Very little help from the Jr. class.  Best group is the sophomore group that finished 4th or 5th in the conference last year.  Gravette is very young, and not very big.  Tallest starter is 6-1.  They have no size in the paint.  They will run, shoot the three and get after you on the press.  They can't defend in the paint due to lack of size.  The move in point guard from Rogers will be a difference maker though.  He looks to be a solid point guard, good head for the game, solid passer and very good shooter.  Arguably the best player on the team over Soule.  Gravette will improve as the season goes along.  Solid coaching, very young as they play a lot of sophomores who will improve as they adjust to the high school game.  A tough pre-season schedule (Rogers, McDonald County, Siloam Springs and Farmington) will season them a little.

I  would expect Gentry to be higher than most are picking.  Didn't this group of Seniors win the conference as ninth graders?
Gentry definitely has talent, but they are still struggling with a coach that thinks he has 7A talent pool to choose from. He obviously has the desire and understands the game, I just feel that he has been "over coaching" the talent that is available to him instead of maximizing the overall talent that he has to work with.

Cajun Hog

It might be mid December before PR & PG get there FB kids. Great for FB but not good for BB. It will take time to gel.

pridgehog

We have 6 kids right now and zero post players. Wes is the 5. It will be interesting to see what happends!

Ole Legend

Quote from: pridgehog on November 27, 2015, 11:19:59 pm
We have 6 kids right now and zero post players. Wes is the 5. It will be interesting to see what happends!

I'm shocked that the PR coach hasn't moved up any freshman yet. They are scheduled to play in the Lavaca tourney this next week. In my opinion he needs to move up that freshman post player.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 28, 2015, 01:45:16 pm
Quote from: pridgehog on November 27, 2015, 11:19:59 pm

I'm shocked that the PR coach hasn't moved up any freshman yet. They are scheduled to play in the Lavaca tourney this next week. In my opinion he needs to move up that freshman post player.

Not for just 2 weeks of play. Most freshman are not ready for SR hoops.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas