• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Semifinal MT and Clarendon

Started by girlsbbfanatic, March 04, 2018, 09:19:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

girlsbbfanatic

Sickened me how coach clock and TO management screwed his own team. They had it.

MT Legend

Lol. He just got out coached by Wilburn she put on a coaching clinic in that game.

girlsbbfanatic

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: girlsbbfanatic on March 04, 2018, 09:19:09 am
Sickened me how coach clock and TO management screwed his own team. They had it.
What actually happened with the timeout they got the T for can somebody explain the situation?

girlsbbfanatic

Clarendon coach called a TO when he didn't have one. Got a T at end of game in crucail situation.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

March 04, 2018, 11:33:45 am #5 Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 11:36:03 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
That tech did not cost clarendon the game, M.T. had the lead by 1. So all it actually did was make it a little more difficult. Missed free throws cost them the game.

Clarendon was 3 of 10 in the o.t. periods.

Pit Bull

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 04, 2018, 11:33:45 am
That tech did not cost clarendon the game, M.T. had the lead by 1. So all it actually did was make it a little more difficult. Missed free throws cost them the game.

It relieves me to know that someone here actually understands how the game of basketball works.

MT Legend

yes sir we will gladly take the W but these kids need to learn the importance of fts. Not just in this game but the whole tournament had poor FT shooting.you are right Clarendon is at home because they couldn't make FTs when it counted.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MT Legend on March 04, 2018, 12:38:02 pm
yes sir we will gladly take the W but these kids need to learn the importance of fts. Not just in this game but the whole tournament had poor FT shooting.you are right Clarendon is at home because they couldn't make FTs when it counted.

It cost England the game vs Parkers Chapel. And there were other as well. The simplest thing in The game is one of the biggest.

BigLion10

I've said all year FT shooting will cost England a game somewhere Pick. Just hate it was the state game lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Here are the free throw stats from this game last night

M.t.
17 of 26 for the game

Clarendon
17 of 29 for the game.

Not much difference over the whole game.

4th qt.
M.t. was 9 of 9 (clutch shooting) 100% will win games
Clarendon was 8 of 10 (still clutch)

O.T. Here is where Clarendon lost the game

M.T. was 7 of 14, not real good, BUT

Clarendon was 3 of 10, 30% in o.t. gets you beat prolly 9 times out of 10.

brown2010

Clarendons assistant coach and book keeper should have been paying attention also. He wouldnot have gotten T and had the ball down 1.

bdubyab60

Not the first time we have heard of this happening. Shame it happened in such a crucial game.

But those are the breaks you get sometimes. But a coach should always know his/her situation.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 04, 2018, 02:16:14 pm
Not the first time we have heard of this happening. Shame it happened in such a crucial game.

But those are the breaks you get sometimes. But a coach should always know his/her situation.

It plainly had a giant "0" on the score board right above the court. The head coach looked at it more than once, all while telling the official he wanted a time out if the Tree player made the free throw. I was scratching my head the whole time. 🤔🤔🤔

bdubyab60

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 04, 2018, 02:26:44 pm

It plainly had a giant "0" on the score board right above the court. The head coach looked at it more than once, all while telling the official he wanted a time out if the Tree player made the free throw. I was scratching my head the whole time. 🤔🤔🤔
Crazy

birddawg1986

Hudson is a good coach. I really hate it for him and the Clarendon kids. Now for his assistant e got teched up in MT last week for flapping them gums and instead of trying to be the head coach he should have being helping with fouls and timeouts. Reminds you a lot of the Bearden HC.

MomaLion

March 05, 2018, 05:00:06 am #16 Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 06:25:30 am by MomaLion
Quote from: girlsbbfanatic on March 04, 2018, 11:07:54 am
Clarendon coach called a TO when he didn't have one. Got a T at end of game in crucail situation.
I'm not sure he actually called the time out.  If he did, he's human.

MomaLion

We only had 2 starters on the floor.

MomaLion

Quote from: birddawg1986 on March 04, 2018, 04:46:52 pm
Hudson is a good coach. I really hate it for him and the Clarendon kids. Now for his assistant e got teched up in MT last week for flapping them gums and instead of trying to be the head coach he should have being helping with fouls and timeouts. Reminds you a lot of the Bearden HC.
Worst comparison EVER.  He got a tech in MT because those home cooking refs were out of control.  He had every right to be frustrated.  He wasn't jumping around and throwing things.  He simply voiced his opinions.  Heck, he wasn't even yelling. Get your facts straight before bashing on a very good coach.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on March 05, 2018, 05:00:06 am
I'm not sure he actually called the time out.  If he did, he's human.

He told the ref, "if he makes the free throw, I call time out".

birddawg1986

Quote from: MomaLion on March 05, 2018, 05:07:17 am
Worst comparison EVER.  He got a tech in MT because those home cooking refs were out of control.  He had every right to be frustrated.  He wasn't jumping around and throwing things.  He simply voiced his opinions.  Heck, he wasn't even yelling. Get your facts straight before bashing on a very good coach.
Home cooking!!! That's a funny one. When you are an assistant you are not allowed to stand up or voice your opinions. I believe he was told that ??? I know what was said because I was less than 5 feet from the conversation.

leedog95

It's to bad someone had to lose this game it was a classic for sure. Clarendon got MT at home and no there was not any home cooking and MT got Clarendon when it counted the most. The better team won so Mama lion you can stop talking about how great Clarendon is at least until next year. One thing for sure Clarendon are the champs of hype ever year just can't close the real deal......

Lions84

Tough loss for sure.  We seem to be snakebit at times a few years ago we got bounded out on a scoring error, and this year someone on the sidelines had a brain fart .

MomaLion

Quote from: birddawg1986 on March 05, 2018, 09:11:13 am
Home cooking!!! That's a funny one. When you are an assistant you are not allowed to stand up or voice your opinions. I believe he was told that ??? I know what was said because I was less than 5 feet from the conversation.
So in MT it's allowed for the coach who doesn't have the ball to jump onto the court and impede play to call a time out...repeatedly??? Because it's a tech in the rest of the state.

mtindian42

I believe kids take their game to new levels in these situations. those kids that came off the bench to join cartwright played their hearts out for their team and the town of clarendon...every kid out there starters and bench players was playing great basketball. they all knew what was at stake and they played above their normal standards. those kids from clarendon that came off the bench played with a lot of heart...lets not toss them under a bus just to make MT look like they couldn't score on clarendons backups. instead lets give those clarendon players there due...they came in to a late game situation and played as good if not better then the starters that was out...hats off to those young men for going to war for their town...#muchrespectfromTHETREE

MT Legend

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 05, 2018, 10:03:16 pm
I believe kids take their game to new levels in these situations. those kids that came off the bench to join cartwright played their hearts out for their team and the town of clarendon...every kid out there starters and bench players was playing great basketball. they all knew what was at stake and they played above their normal standards. those kids from clarendon that came off the bench played with a lot of heart...lets not toss them under a bus just to make MT look like they couldn't score on clarendons backups. instead lets give those clarendon players there due...they came in to a late game situation and played as good if not better then the starters that was out...hats off to those young men for going to war for their town...#muchrespectfromTHETREE
Amen 42. All those young men played with a lot of heart from both towns.

MomaLion

Nobody is throwing anybody under the bus. Those kids did the absolute best they could having never been in that situation. We're ALWAYS proud of every kid. But no,  they didn't do better than the starters because they aren't there just yet with experience.

MT Legend

March 05, 2018, 10:13:31 pm #27 Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:22:09 pm by MT Legend
Quote from: MomaLion on March 05, 2018, 10:07:50 pm
Nobody is throwing anybody under the bus. Those kids did the absolute best they could having never been in that situation. We're ALWAYS proud of every kid. But no,  they didn't do better than the starters because they aren't there just yet with experience.
um... yes mam you did toss those young men under a bus. Anytime you downplay something to make something look bad you just tossed that something under a bus to make your point. You never mentioned the Clarendon backup Players in a good way. you used them being in the game as a way to undercut MTs victory.🤷🏾‍♂️ 

MomaLion

Whatever troll...go figure a way to beat Earle.

1995fan

Quote from: MomaLion on March 05, 2018, 10:02:45 pm
So in MT it's allowed for the coach who doesn't have the ball to jump onto the court and impede play to call a time out...repeatedly??? Because it's a tech in the rest of the state.

Actually it's pretty common, especially when the refs act like they don't hear you.   As a coach, you do what you need to do as long as it's within limitations of the game. 

MT Legend

Quote from: MomaLion on March 06, 2018, 04:39:47 am
Whatever troll...go figure a way to beat Earle.
rather be a troll then a monster who toss her own towns kids under a bus.sad really.😑 I guess having people on your side of the conversation means more then the youth you support.🤷🏾‍♂️

da greatest bigbaby

March 06, 2018, 10:10:44 am #31 Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 05:47:28 am by da greatest bigbaby
Mr legend you guys have'nt decided on who is 2nd In 2a yet I guess yaw will find out Thursday MT by 3 lol 3a mcgehee made it to the finals we whip'd em good n pine bluff were the best an   i hate coach mess'd  up our hot springs play again this year gotta get better in the big games  o well  nxt season it's gonna be a thriller got 6'6 Malik come'n back  2a best player good luck on that you guys  30 ppg 15 rb 5 asst an 5 dunks wow 

jbtiger73

birddawg1986

Quote from: MomaLion on March 05, 2018, 10:02:45 pm
Do you know how many times in regionals and state Hudson would be past half court. Now that's way out of the coaching box.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: birddawg1986 on March 07, 2018, 07:12:39 am
Do you know how many times in regionals and state Hudson would be past half court. Now that's way out of the coaching box.

At state I never saw him across mid court.

big E

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on March 06, 2018, 10:10:44 am
Mr legend you guys have'nt decided on who is 2nd In 2a yet I guess yaw will find out Thursday MT by 3 lol 3a mcgehee made it to the finals we whip'd em good n pine bluff were the best an   i hate coach mess'd  up our hot springs play again this year gotta get better in the big games  o well  nxt season it's gonna be a thriller got 6'6 Malik come'n back  2a best player good luck on that you guys  30 ppg 15 rb 5 asst an 5 dunks wow 
Man I sure have missed you.

Lions84

da greatest bigbaby

We will be back nxt year big e got a 6'4 athletic swing guy to help malik out a lil  he may get up to 6'6 also he will be replacing  6'1 jd he signed with Arkansas tech for football   we got the tools to make it all the way this time the guard play will probably be bout the same should be interesting tho

EarlePearl

Wow, Felicia's momma STILL throwing kids and coaches under tha bus..OMG. you lost! It's over. Move on...Us and MT will beat you in football too. 365 days, maybe your here, in hot springs, where tha dogs hang out..then again, maybe choking will continue. If u ain't first, ur last..and 4th place in state is a long way from first. Be proud of that 4th place fi osh..ok tied for third..like that turd you choked on. Hahaha

NEark tigers

Quote from: EarlePearl on March 07, 2018, 04:30:03 pm
Wow, Felicia's momma STILL throwing kids and coaches under tha bus..OMG. you lost! It's over. Move on...Us and MT will beat you in football too. 365 days, maybe your here, in hot springs, where tha dogs hang out..then again, maybe choking will continue. If u ain't first, ur last..and 4th place in state is a long way from first. Be proud of that 4th place fi osh..ok tied for third..like that turd you choked on. Hahaha
C'mon EP, lay off of MomaLion.....we got bigger fish to fry tomorrow night.....

AR Ball Junkie

Choked?  MT was ranked #1 in the state for most of the year. They beat some really good teams this year as did Clarendon. I dont think a loss to MT constitutes "choking".  If you were at the game, then you know how competitive this game was.  You blast someone for throwing the coaches and players under the bus, then the next line, you are calling them chokers.  You can't have it both ways.  Good luck to both teams tomorrow night. 

birddawg1986

Marked Tree, Clarendon and Earle are all pretty even. Just depends on the night

Dogg

You're exactly correct. I still believe if Clarendon put the big kid on the block and he plays with his back to the basket some. Clarendon would be a totally different team.

EarlePearl

Oh yea. Everything was even. Very competitive.  Watch every second. And the one thing I mentioned a month ago about clarendon came into play. Couldn't handle the pressure in the crunch. 3 of 10 free throws in overtime and the coach goofed. I said a month ago their lack of experience in crunch time could hurt them, and boom..it did. It is what it is.

ISU7

Quote from: Dogg on March 07, 2018, 05:51:00 pm
You're exactly correct. I still believe if Clarendon put the big kid on the block and he plays with his back to the basket some. Clarendon would be a totally different team.
That's exactly what i said when i saw Clarendon play in the regionals at Marked Tree vs MT.

MT Legend

Quote from: Dogg on March 07, 2018, 05:51:00 pm
yep cause his handless are not good. He needs to be in the post and they would be in hot springs tonight playing for a championship.because he would be a problem in the post to guard.

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 07, 2018, 12:16:08 pm
At state I never saw him across mid court.
He never did at regionals either.

MomaLion

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MT Legend on March 08, 2018, 04:41:32 am
yep cause his handless are not good. He needs to be in the post and they would be in hot springs tonight playing for a championship.because he would be a problem in the post to guard.

He has pretty good handles for a  6'6 player. He played on the block most of the rematch game with M.T.

bdubyab60

Quote from: EarlePearl on March 07, 2018, 09:35:19 pm
Oh yea. Everything was even. Very competitive.  Watch every second. And the one thing I mentioned a month ago about clarendon came into play. Couldn't handle the pressure in the crunch. 3 of 10 free throws in overtime and the coach goofed. I said a month ago their lack of experience in crunch time could hurt them, and boom..it did. It is what it is.
I don't know how it's lack of experience, This team and some of its players have been in several big games. As much as I give that one dude a hard time Clarendon has been in the big games over the past few years.

However the spotlight is sometimes a little to bright for some.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas